Chapter 29 (Edited)

This chapter is dedicated to xXaveragegirlxX

because her comments honestly make my day. thank you :)

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Chapter 29

Almost everything seemed fuzzy except for the painful pounding in my head. There was a funny feeling in my mouth and my body seemed heavy and unmovable. I fought to focus on my surroundings and eventually made out that I was in a large room that was barely furnished. There were a few couches and tables as well as a TV and a fridge. A shot of pain brought to life by my minimal movements caused me to discover that my wrists were chained to the wall. I winced as I saw the bloody, raw skin underneath the handcuffs.

I tried pulling at the handcuffs but nothing happened, my hand wouldn’t escape. I caught sight of other shiny, silver chains attached to the wall and wondered who had been chained there. They had been here pretty recently; there was still fresh blood near where they had been chained up.

I had no recollection of how I had gotten here; all I remember was meeting Jeremy at the parking lot and then nothing. How could anyone have captured me with Jeremy near? Did his broken leg hinder him? No, that wouldn’t have mattered; Jeremy could have warned me that someone was near. Unless no one was actually near, but then that would mean that Jeremy was the one that knocked me out and brought me here. Why would he do that?

“Figured it out yet?” My head snapped up and I closed my eyes as a wave of vertigo passed over me. I opened my eyes to see Jeremy entering the room with a smirk on his face. He studied me. “You don’t see very surprised to see me so that must mean that you knew I was the one that brought you here.” He checked to see if I was still chained and then turned around to the entrance of the room. “Alright, you may bring the rest back here and chain them up. Let’s have a little family reunion.”

On Jeremy’s order a few guards walked in with my parents and my siblings. They didn’t look as they normally did. They seemed as if they had lost weight and they seemed pale. On their neck and arms were bites I saw with a sinking feeling. The guards proceeded to chain up my family.

My parents’ eyes widened when they saw me but Tristan just kept his head down; I couldn’t imagine what trials he had faced that made him like this. They all seemed to just accept me being here, the only one who acted different was my sister, Kayla. She stopped dead in her tracks when she saw me and the guard near her pushed her to the wall, beside me were a set of chains remained, ready to be used.

“What are you doing here?” Kayla asked as she was being chained. She grimaced at the sensation of cold metal on her wrists. The guard finished chaining her up and started to get up as Kayla opened her mouth to say something more but wasn’t allowed. The guard slapped her to shut her up. She bit her lip as tears welled up in her eyes. I saw the red hand mark showing up on her check and glared at the guard as he walked away.

“Why are you doing this?” I asked Jeremy after I determined that he seemed to be in charge. He walked closer and I frowned as I tried to figure what seemed different about him, other than the coldness radiating from him. He moved toward me with a grace he never had before and I realized that he didn’t have a broken leg. All of a sudden, everything fell into place. “When did you become a vampire?” I asked him horrified. He laughed cruelly as he crouched in front of me, as he did I glimpsed the fangs in his mouth.

“A while after you left the Academy. Getting left behind was always part of my plan.” I stared at him confused and he just laughed. “I was a pretty good hunter, do you really think I would let a vampire sneak up on me and break my leg? It was a set up so I would stay behind while everyone our age left the Academy. I had to stay behind so I could disappear without trace. You thought I was still working at city hall and my parents thought I was staying somewhere else. All along I was enjoying being a vampire. You see a while ago, a very powerful vampire offered me a chance to be a vampire and I took it.” I struggled to comprehend.