Chapter 2 (Edited)

Chapter 2

I awakened to the sound of Jeremy’s alarm clock just always but unlike all the other times Jeremy didn’t turn it off. I yelled at Jeremy to turn that stupid alarm clock off as I put my pillow over my ears. When there was no response, my memories from last night came rushing back to me. I sat up and looked at Jeremy’s made up bed. Jeremy’s green blanket was all neat and his white pillows were arranged nicely. He had been raised by strict parents just like I had but the difference was, he continued to be neat even when he wasn’t at home meanwhile I just made my bed whenever I felt like it, I didn’t stress about making everything perfect because my parents never came to my room before telling me

“Damien, you up yet? Hurry up and let’s go see how Jeremy’s doing”. It was Liz and she was disturbing the absolute silence that had been present in my room before she showed up and started knocking.

“God, just wait a second, I have to get changed as I only just woke up,” I mumbled almost incoherently but judging by Liz’s groan I knew she had heard. “What are you doing here Liz? This is the guys’ hallway, girls are not allowed to be here,” I reminded her.

“Oh please, you know me, you know I do whatever I feel like despite what I should or should not be doing,” Liz replied. “But fine, if it’s that big a deal then I’ll just wait at the stairs. Hurry up though, I hate waiting,” said Liz.

I rolled my eyes; Liz always acted that way, not caring what the world thought of her. I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. As I was doing so I got some dark jeans and a blue hoodie and put them on. I glanced in the mirror as I brushed my dark, brown, medium length hair. My intense blue eyes seemed darker today but maybe that was just me imagining things.

I looked around my room and located my keys by finding my neon orange key chain. I stuffed them in my pocket and proceeded to the door. I paused in the doorway taking the time to look around the room one more and then shut the door behind me. I headed down the hallway without really noticing if it was empty or not. At least until I heard somebody yelling at me.

“Hey Damien, I heard you were suspended from hunting, did the teacher’s pet do something wrong?” This comment was followed by some laughter from the speaker’s friends. I knew instantly who it was; Michael, a blond muscular, stuck up rick kid who has hated me since we were little. The main reason he hated was because I was better than him in the Academy. He constantly criticized me. If I made mistakes, Michael was the one to bring them up to me and the instructors. Needless to say he enjoyed when I made mistakes.

“Shut up Michael, I’m not in the mood.” I responded automatically, not even looking at him as I just continued past him. Apparently that wasn’t to Michael’s liking.

“Why?” I halted and gave him and annoyed look. Michael replied quickly to make sure the conversation continued. He stopped leaning on the wall and came closer. He leaned a bit as if he was going to say something he wanted no one else to hear. “Is it because it was your fault that Jeremy got hurt? Looks like you are not as good in real life as you are in the Academy.” He said it pretty loud so his friends would hear. I heard more snorts of laughter as I turned around completely, unable to let that go. I glared at Michael but Michael just smirked back at me.

“You don’t know what you’re talking about, Michael,” I growled. “I suggest you mind your own business.”

“What are you going to do about it?” taunted Michael. I took a step forward and Michael copied my move.

“Easy there idiots,” Liz said appearing out of nowhere. “Why don’t you two just fight each other in combat training class?” She was in between Michael and me, looking at us both with an annoyed expression on her face. “Come on Damien,” she sighed, “You have somewhere else to be.” I took a moment to take a deep breath and find the strength to ignore Michael.