Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Day of Souls

1.4K 97 20
By bookie032

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality." – Shirley Jackson

"Keep them up."

"They are up, old man."

"If I see you lower them even by a millimetre, I'll-"

"We get shot, we fall on the floor and you laugh at us," Katherine interrupted as kept walking the line as Scott trailed behind him; his shotgun aimed at their heads. Grunting slightly, Katherine made sure that Hailey was comfortable in her hold; she has yet to wake.

"Where are we going anyway?" Jesslyn questioned as she looked around the woods, aware that they were within the perimeter of the school. She knew the place well enough to know that they were in the vicinity of the institution. "How far away are we?"

Scott did not respond as they kept walking through the path in the forest; the sun was at the top as the grass crunched under their feet. The wind was silent as much as the critters that resided in that forest; not a single chirp graced the four of them.

The duo trudged begrudgingly through the forest without a single word from Scott; from time to time, he would remind Jesslyn to keep her hands up, whilst he threatened to shoot her if Katherine would attempt to gnaw him or run away.

Seconds, minutes, hours; the sun had begun to set whilst they kept walking. Thirst knocked Jesslyn's mind as her parched, dry lips endured the heat; they have been walking for six hours now through the forest, going down and sometimes up.

Both of them knew not where the old man was leading them, but Katherine was somewhat content since Hailey was still unconscious. Jesslyn and her were worried that she would not wake, but both of them were not given the time to properly examine her; a gun loaded with silver was already aimed at them the minute the sun touched their eyes.

As they descended the side of the mountain, Katherine slipped and fell on her bottom, almost dropping Hailey, but was lucky that her grip was firm. She sighed out loud as she looked at Scott as though asking him if they could take a break; they have been walking for hours now without a break for the loo or a sip of water.

"Your too wimpy to for a wolf," Scott scoffed as he aimed his shotgun at Jesslyn and used it to motion her to sit beside Katherine; Jesslyn did as he had instructed and sat next to Katherine, then carefully examined Hailey, who was still unconscious. "When will the tree hugger wake up?"

Jesslyn looked at him, "How do you know she's wolf and she's a faerie?"

"None of your business, hunter," Scott replied as he kept his aim at them.

Sceptic, Jesslyn furrowed her brows at him, unsure what he truly was. There was no sign that he was wolf or faerie, or any of the other Non-Mortals she has ever encountered; the usual signs were not on him, other than the deep shade of blue he had, but it was not truly uncommon among men. She took note of him and wondered if he was even human.

Looking up at the sky, Katherine could feel the moon's call as she heard soft whispers erupt behind her. She looked over her shoulder and saw the woman in the void, looking at her as though she was interesting with her lips in a line; Katherine knew not why she could see her there, beyond the veil of her mind.

"What are you looking at, wolf?" Katherine heard Scott as she veered her eyes at him, before she shook her head. Jesslyn sighed as she circled her shoulder; both her shoulders were tired from keeping them for six hours that they nearly felt numb.

Lowering his gun, Jesslyn watched Scott sit beside a tree as he kept his eyes on them as though he was certain that they would run. Why he kept them in his sight was a mystery to Jesslyn, but did not wish to ask; she knew that there were other things to worry about other than an old man's grudge – namely being fugitives.

"It's already evening," Jesslyn spoke as the last ounce of sunset vanished which turned the world into the darkest shade of blue, "Where exactly are you taking us?"

Scott did not reply and instead he took a cigar from his pocket, then lit it up before he started blowing rings in the air. Sighing, Jesslyn kept to herself as she looked at Katherine, whose eyes were on the path in front of her as though she could sense something.

Perking her ears to her surroundings, Jesslyn felt that it was much quieter than the day; no crickets chirped nor owls that hooted in the night. The wind blow a whisper against their cheeks that made Katherine stand up; the air felt uneasy that made her take a deep breath.

Scott took note of her sudden rise and took his shotgun from the side, then approached them; he could sense the air, at how hot it seemed for a night breeze. He aimed the gun to his left and shot just before a ray of light zoomed past his side, whereas Jesslyn and Katherine dodged it.

"Show yourself, witch!" Scott shouted at the darkness as Jesslyn got up and groped her knife; she did not anticipate the man's perception, almost amazed that he knew that there was a mage nearby. Scott cocked his gun as he threatened the darkness; "I won't ask again."

He's quite the charming chap isn't he, wolf?

Not now, spectre.

Spectre? What a rude name for a woman of my status, but alas, introductions are a hassle.

The grass crunched in the distance as Jesslyn felt her heartbeat echo in her ears with anxiety; she was uncertain if the entity that approached them was friendly or from the clan. As the moonlight touched the trees, their mysterious stalker came to light and much to Jesslyn's delight, it was a familiar figure whose eyes remained in the dark, but Jesslyn knew her right away from her attire.

"Cecil?" Jesslyn questioned with a smile on her lips as she took a step closer, but at the third step, Scott raised his arm to prevent her from getting closer. "She's not a threat old man, lower your gun."

Scott did not lower his arm nor his gun as Cecilia stepped into the light; her head rose to greet them, but instead of a pair of carefree brown eyes, there was only red in her irises – darker than a vampire's crimson, nearly bloodlike in colour. Jesslyn furrowed her brows as she watched Cecil open her glowing palm; the ground shook underneath them, the rocks around them rose and eventually turned into a cylindrical prison.

"Not a threat you said," Scott scoffed as lowered his gun and waited for the mage in red to approach, "The lot of you are some serious trouble," he commented as he looked at Jesslyn, who seemed to be trying to figure out what was going on, "So, leave me out of it."

In the blink of an eye, Scott raised his gun and shot Cecilia, who was hit at her hand that made the light on her palm vanish; the pillars that surrounded them crumbled as Jesslyn dashed towards Cecilia, who seemed to have lost consciousness from the shot.

"What the heck, old man?" Jesslyn shouted her rage at him whilst she took off her shirt to close Cecilia's wounds, "You didn't have to do that!"

Scott cocked his gun, "You're deluding yourself, hunter," he shook his head, "You deny the truth of your mind, when your instincts are correct," he commented as he turned to Katherine, who merely looked at her as though she finally understood what he was, "What are you looking at?"

Katherine took a step closer to him as he looked deep into his eyes; the dark blue hue shade in them turned to a pale crimson under the moonlight. It boggled her mind at the sight, but did not show it, aware that they were yet within the danger; she merely got closer to him as he kept his stance, waiting for what would come out of her mouth.

"You're one of them, aren't you?"

Looking at her, Scott aimed the gun at her head as Katherine stood still and looked at him with an unwavering gaze, certain that her accusation was true. As Jesslyn managed to seal Cecilia's wounds, she turned around and saw the commotion, which made her bolt up and walk towards them.

"You've got some galls to tell that to me, wolf," Scott spoke with a lot of frustration in his voice, "What makes you so sure that I am with them?"

Agitated, Katherine huffed out of her nostrils, "Because you can see them," she spoke firmly as she took a step forward and was mere inches away from the barrel of the gun, "And because you reek of death."

"Kathie, what are you saying?" Jesslyn questioned as she gripped her knife, preparing for the assault.

"You don't know what you're saying," Scott replied with a mock in his tone as he inched his finger into the trigger, "You've no proof that I'm a part of them."

Looking him in the eye, Katherine's eyes glowed gold, "Because you're eyes are pale crimson under the moonlight."

Silence befell them as they all stood still. None of them spoke anything more as much as the wind blew against them. Even the crickets took over the silence with their small conversation in the distance. The darkness was enveloping them.

"Just lower your gun, old guy," Jesslyn tried to convince him as she took small steps closer, "Nobody's accusing you of being a part of them," she continued, "Maybe like them, but not a part of them," she ran her mouth, "See that's the big difference."

Scott turned to her with the gun aimed which made her raise her hands up, "Shut up, hunter," he commanded as his face loosened up to her nonsense before he lowered his gun, then looked at the passed out mage before he nudged at her and asked; "What do you want to do with her?"

"Well," Jesslyn exhaled as she hid her knife then turned to her friend, "She's already recovering so," she stooped down to her level and tried to carry her, "We just need to wait for her to wake up and know what the heck just happened."

Scott moved over to Jesslyn whilst he hooked his shotgun to his belt loop; stooping down, she removed Jesslyn's skinny hands off the unconscious mage and lifted her up in one go. He looked at her with furrowed brows as though wondering why she was so weak for a hunter.

Pacing down the path, Scott led the way as Jesslyn tailed after him, whilst Katherine stood there and watched him, wondering what he planned for them. Sceptic, truly she was, but now was not the time for her to question him.

"I applaud you, little wolf for finding that out."

How come I never realised that before?

"You have seen him in the moonlight before, yes?"

I can't say I have.

Taking a deep breath, Katherine followed them and snailed behind them; silently, she observed him from afar as she tried to think how or why he was not even attacking them, or at the very least, try to.

A soft mumbled broke her hard stare from Scott and diverted them to the sleeping beauty in her arms; she watched her eyelids flutter open and greet her with a small smile on her lips as though wondering where they were.

"Wolfie?" Hailey mumbled softly as she tried to look at their surroundings and noted the scent of the wild leaves nearby, of tall pines and autumn breezes. It was dark all around her, save for the moonlight.

Smiling, Katherine whispered, "Hey there, fae."

"Where are we?" Hailey questioned as she looked to her left and saw Jesslyn beside a man in over all, "Is that Mr. Scott?"

Taking a deep breath, Katherine sighed and nodded, "Unfortunately, he found us in his field once again," she frowned for a moment, "Then aimed a shotgun at us, threatened us," she took a deep breath and exhaled through her mouth, "And made us walk for six hours through the forest to gosh knows where," then frowned, "Then he shot Cecil because she was trying to kill us."

"Kill us?" She wondered with a raised brow.

Katherine nodded once again, "She had red eyes like the vamp on our first full moon at Faris."

"I see," Hailey exhaled as she cupped Katherine's cheek to make her look at her. In her shadow, Hailey stared into Katherine's eyes that had glowed in the dark – gold as her hair once was. She stared at her as she whispered; "You worried me."

Smiling, Katherine leant in and kissed her forehead, then the tip of her nose before she pulled back; she examined her face under a faint glimpse of moonlight, illuminating her amber eyes yellow – almost imitating her golden eyes.

"I'm sorry, fae," Katherine whispered softly as Hailey rubbed soft circles on her cheek; the grass crunched underneath her bare feet as she apologised; "I didn't mean to worry you,"

Her sullen eyes eventually looked away as she recalled the photos Alexis showed her, which made her pull her closer to her chest where Hailey could sense her sadness. She could hear her heartbeat close to her ear as she found somewhat lonely and scared.

"Talk to me, wolfie," Hailey whispered as Katherine halted in step, lagging behind the other two. Hailey stared into her golden irises that seemed to have calmed down; she watched her take a deep breath before she kept walking without saying so much as a word.

Hailey did not pry once silence befell Katherine's lips and instead as she just kissed her cheek as if to tell her that all will be fine. As Hailey's lips touched her cheek, Katherine felt a wave of calm envelop her; she needed the assurance – the warmth of Hailey's body that told her she was alive.

Treading through the path, Katherine caught up with the other two, who seemed to have been bound to silence for some reason. Hailey noticed the woman in Scott's arms that made her question her sudden involvement with them; her brow rose as her friend and mentor suddenly appeared beside her.

"Hailey they're getting closer," her mentor pressed, "I don't think it's safe for you anymore," he added as another apparition appeared beside him, "No thanks to both of them."

"You're so rude, do you know that?" the other spectre replied, a little insulted, "It was never my intention to be mixed with you folks either," she defended herself, "But it has certainly been quite exciting."

Leaning into Katherine's chest, Hailey just looked away, unsure what to tell them; she knew not what to do after what she just openly used her powers in front of the hunters – in front of the head of the organisation even.

There would certainly be repercussions to her sudden show of anomalous power. She was certain that not a lot of people – even other NoMs (Non-Mortals) – have seen it. But for it to be unheard of is not really true; Hailey was certain that even the first hybrid NoM – Thesalia – may have encountered it before.

As the thought crossed her mind, an idea hatched within; who else could know better about her abilities than the one who has experienced all of it?

"We're here," Scott announced as they saw lights in the distance; there was a whole field of corn in front of them with two mid-sized houses in the distance. A gate stood beside the road that separated the fields and a great, grass plain that separated the whole plot of land from the forest.

Jesslyn raised a brow, "A farm?"

"You got a problem with that?" Scott queried as he looked at her over his shoulder only to find her shaking her head in response; the lot of them proceeded through the corn fields by taking the dirt road.

Jesslyn took in the landscape, at how wide the land seemed to be. She did not expect for such a place to exist, especially in the middle of the mountains. Who would have thought that such a beautiful place existed?

They got closer to the estate and as they got nearer to the porch, the door swung open and out came a tall, well-built lad in sweat pants; his chest was visible from the lack of upper clothing, his six-pack abs on his tan skin was clearly visible under the yellow light from inside the house.

"Scotty," he spoke greeted in his notable Spanish accent, notable from how short he pronounced the 'o' in his name, "What took you so long, amigo?"

Scott walked past him as he opened the door for all of them; the tan skinned man examined all his visitors and even raised a brow at the woman that followed Scott. Jesslyn watched as Scott went straight upstairs and laid Cecilia on one of the vacant beds, then allowed her to rest; she entered the room to tend to her properly as Scott gave her a medical kit before leaving her there.

"So," the young man spoke as he sat on the old, ragged couch and put his feet up on the centre table whilst he took a sip from the beer bottle he had on hand, "Who are these people, Scotty?"

Scott slapped his legs off the table as he sat on the recliner, "They know about us."

"You mean like us or us us?" the young man replied.

Scott sighed, "Art, didn't you say that our existence mustn't be known to anyone?" he commented, "So get your drunken head straight, you little shit."

"Ay, dios mio," Art chuckled, clearly drunk from how he laughed as though it was hysterical. He turned to the duo that sat in front of him and stretched his arm out to them. "Name's Art, short for-"

"Escape artist," Jesslyn interjected as she got off the staircase and joined them in the living room, "I know a bit about you."

"Was it of my famous escape off of Alcatraz Island?" Art asked enthusiastically, "Oh, oh! Wait!" he hollered a little like a little child that saw a dragon for the first time, "Or maybe my infamous escape from the pentagon's most guarded prison cell?"

"None of those, I'm afraid," Jesslyn shook her head and saw a frown of disappointment cast itself on his lips, "I know you by name and description."

"Pfft," Art rolled his eyes, "You're no fun, senorita."

"Live with it," Jesslyn bit back and scoffed, "You're nothing special."

Hailey and Katherine sat there silently, amused at the conversation at hand. It was a quiet evening as the lot of them ate together in one table; Jesslyn did not eat much as she kept returning to Cecilia's side, hoping that she would wake soon for answers.

On the other hand, Hailey has been trying to find the right moment to ask Katherine about earlier, at what she did not tell her. She was curious as to what went in her mind for her feelings to be in disarray, but at the same time, she wanted to respect her privacy.

As dinner went and gone, the two young teens sat on the porch as they gazed up at the stars, wondering what would happen next. Both of them did not expect all of this to happen – for them to suddenly be running around and hiding from people that wish to harm them.

It was never Katherine's intention to involve Hailey once again, almost thinking that she was truly the child of bad luck; all she wanted was to be stronger – powerful enough to save Hailey and protect her whatever it is that would come.

But, she never expected to be actually given that power. It terrified her.

"It's another full moon tonight," Hailey spoke as she leant against Katherine's shoulder and locked their fingers together, "Do you feel the electricity?"

"Of your touch or of the moon?" Katherine replied with a smile.

"Both?" Hailey responded as a giggle escaped her lips as she looked Katherine, whose eyes seemed to be elsewhere; she held her by the chin and gently pulled her eyes towards her, as though wanting her attention for herself. "What's on your mind, wolfie?"

"Nothing really," she exhaled softly, "I was just thinking," she continued as she took a deep breath, "That I'm actually sixteen now."

Raising a brow, Hailey tilted her head and asked, "How would you know?"

"I saw the calendar inside the house," she replied, "Today's the 2nd of November," then smiled, "Happy All-Souls Day."

What a coincidence.

"For real?" Hailey questioned as Katherine raised a brow at her response; Hailey leant in and kissed her briefly before smiling warmly at her. "More like happy birthday, wolfie."

Untangling her fingers, Katherine placed her hand on each of Hailey's side as she stared into her beautiful eyes. She was happy for the moment that she was with her; even for just a moment, she did not wish to think of anything else but the present.

Wrapping her arms around her neck, Hailey pulled Katherine closer as she stared at her lips as though asking for a taste; she could feel the calm greet her from the feel of Katherine's skin, at the certainty that both of them were there – alive.

"I'm scared, fae," Katherine confessed in a near whisper as she leant her forehead against her, "I thought I," she paused to take a deep breath that almost prickled her heart at the thought, "Lost you – that you died," she continued as she recalled the pictures Alexis showed her, "By my hands too."

Sliding her hand to her cheek, Hailey slowly pressed her lips against Katherine; she remained as if telling her that those were never true, that there was nothing for her to be afraid of. That one small kiss sent a wave of calm over Katherine's frightful heart, calming her senses this as Hailey pulled back to meet her gaze.

"Clear your mind, wolfie," Hailey whispered as Katherine stared into her eyes before diverting them to her lips as though unable to do what she asked of her, "What they showed you, they were never true."

"I," Katherine whispered as she felt uncertain rise inside her mind once again, "Don't want to lose you," she exhaled as she met her gaze, trying her best not to remember those, "I don't know what would become of me if I do."

"You won't," Hailey assured her as she planted another kiss upon her soft lips, "I'm never leaving you," she told her honestly, "Nor will you ever lose me," she smiled as Katherine felt the sincerity in the beat of her heart, "Because I love you."

Hearing those words, Katherine felt at peace as her lips slowly crept into a smile before she wrapped her arms around her waist and pulled her closer; their bodies touched as a fire ignited within her: the fire of a burning resolve to keep her safe – even better than before.

Their lips once again collided as Katherine kissed her as though there was no tomorrow; there was a hunger in her that had yet to be sated, but now was not the time. Hailey could sense her need, but was somehow reluctant – afraid that she would not be good enough for Katherine.

But she was happy that the wolf yearned for her.

"Oh, damn," a slightly high pitched voice broke them from their passionate exchange, making them turn to him. "Oh don't mind me," he smirked as he took a sip from his bottle of beer, "Just keep doing your thing and I'll just you know," he shrugged with a wider smirk on his lips, "Watch you two get it on."

Katherine shot him a glower, her eyes almost in gold, "Dream on."

"Oh I do," Art replied as he licked his lips together; his eyes looked at them as though hungry. Hailey untangled herself from Katherine, who was still glaring daggers at him, "You don't have to tell me about two girls getting down on each other," he continued with a soft chuckle, "That aside, Scotty wants you both at the table."

"Yeah, alright," Hailey replied as she got up first and patted Katherine's head; the young silver haired teen looked up to her with a disappointed from, which only made her smile before she watched her get up with a sigh.

Both of them entered the house and walked into the dining room, where Jesslyn sat adjacent of Scott; she had her eyes resting on their good friend and mentor, who seemed to have fallen gained consciousness. Cecilia held an ice pack over her head with her only able hand as much as her hair was in shambles as though she just got up for the day – bed hair at its worst.

"Cecil!" Hailey exclaimed as she walked up to her for a hug, but the master mage held a hand up for her not to pursue that thought. "I'm glad you're okay."

Cecilia nodded, "I'll be better once I recover," she nodded at the chair, "We need to talk," then looked at her and Katherine alternatively, "Both of you."

Nodding silently, Hailey sat opposite of Jesslyn with Katherine beside her; both of them anticipating for answers as to why someone has been trying to get to both of them. Jesslyn was patiently waiting for answer, glad that there were finally some; even she at her greatest capacity and connections, could not find a lone clue for it all.

"You're being hunted," Cecilia finally told them, "Not by the hunters, but by renegade souls."

Jesslyn raised a brow, "Souls? As in spirits?"

"No, not spirits," Cecilia shook her head and clarified, "By the dead people."

Jesslyn tilted her head, confused, "What are you talking about, Cecil?"

"You may think I'm crazy, but it's true," Cecilia replied with a serious look in her eye – far more different than what she usually showed in the morning, "I've gone and talked to an old friend of mine and told me about these departed people."

Jesslyn took a deep breath, "And what did he say?"

"He told me that the dead has found the key they have been looking for," Cecilia began, "They are trying to unlock something," she continued as Katherine clenched her, "To walk in this earth without the need of a body."

Jesslyn raised a brow, "What do you mean?" she questioned with disbelief in her voice, "Like they want to merge two worlds?"

"Precisely," Cecilia nodded, "They need the key to unlock the door that leads to this world and that," she took a deep breath as she put her hand down, "But in doing so, chaos would ensue," she continued, "The living and the dead cannot co-exist for the souls will need to feed."

"If a person's basic instinct is to feed then for them is the same," Hailey questioned as she raised a brow, a little confused by what Cecilia has been talking about. Jesslyn put two and two together as Hailey asked; "And what do you think they can eat once the world merges when they have no bodies?"

"Souls," Jesslyn answered as she rested both her elbows on the table, latching each of her fingers together at the tips, "More specifically OUR souls."

"Correct," Cecil nodded as Hailey gulped, "It would mean the extinction of man," she clenched her fist around the ice pack, "And our kind too."

For second, there was silence; the atmosphere had gotten tense around them. Hailey could sense it as much as she felt a little afraid – scared of the thought of their inexistence. She did not expect that to be the answer to the questions she has been wondering all this time; there was a part of her that thought that it was a rather simple case of ransom.

"We need to tell Harper about this," Jesslyn spoke as she kept her gaze straight as though thinking, "Maybe she can help us or even Athena."

Cecilia shook her head, "They were the first I told about it."

"And?" Jesslyn replied instantly.

Cecilia frowned, "Thesa doesn't know who the key is," which made Jesslyn click her tongue in frustration, "She only told me that the souls have never found the key," she tried to reassure the room, "Even in almost four centuries of living, the key never once came out."

"That doesn't explain why their hunting my students!" Jesslyn roared as she got up and turned around, evidently frustrated with all of this.

"Calm down, coach," Hailey tried to calm her down, but she would not listen. Jesslyn approached the sink and rested both her palms on it as though holding back her rage.

The tension in the room rose as silence once again filled the room. Scott got up as soon as the kettle whistled and prepared some coffee for everyone even if none wanted it; Art opened up another bottle of beer, nearly uninterested in the conversation if not for Jesslyn's sudden outburst.

"Scott," Katherine spoke and caught his attention just as he sat, "Is there anything you can add to this?" she tried as she tried not to think of death, "Anything that can help us find this key?"

Cecilia raised a brow, "Why are you asking him?"

"He's one of them," Jesslyn answered as she leant against the sink and crossed her arms, "Yes, Scott," she spoke, "Do tell us what you know."

Taking a sip of his mug, he replied, "I have no obligation to tell you anything."

Out of patience, Jesslyn stomped towards him and grabbed him by the collar, then raised him up a few feet off the ground despite his weight; her teeth were gritted as much as her eyes burned with anger. Katherine stood up to hold Jesslyn, but Cecilia shook her head from stopping her; they needed the answers now especially with someone who has been on that side.

"Listen you old lout," Jesslyn spoke through clenched teeth, "I will kill you very slowly if you don't tell me what the fuck you know about your people," she spat, "I'm trying to protect my students who shouldn't even be involved in your people's bullshit!"

"Jesslyn calm down," Hailey pleaded as Jesslyn lowered Scott and removed her tightened grip off his shirt, "Getting angry won't get us anywhere."

"Good thing she knows how to be patient," Scott scoffed as he took another sip of his coffee whilst Katherine held Jesslyn back from hurting him from what he just said, "Unlike a hunter like you who's very unorthodox."

Art finally took a seat, "Scotty just tell them what you know, homey."

"Please, Mr. Scott," Hailey pleaded with a soft voice, which made the old blue-eyed man sigh. Jesslyn calmed down after Katherine held her back, then walked back to Cecilia's side, hoping to be far away from Scott if he would tell them irrelevant stuff again.

Katherine sat back down as she saw the phantasm stand behind Scott as much as she could see another spectre beside her; it was a man in an attire similar to hers, only a much more American. She did not say anything and simply held Hailey's hand as though to tell her what she saw, but the fae did not ask her.

"I don't know much, but I do know how this began," Scott spoke, "There was a soul as dark as the night who foretold: 'There will come a time where the moon shall curse one of his children – a child who had committed a taboo.'"

"The child, born of under his light, shall be the key – a curse under the moonlight – to a great ire," He continued as everyone paid him every cent of their attention, "A child capable of great powers, but powers that could destroy both worlds."

Hearing this explanation, Katherine wanted nothing to do with this, but wondered about what kind of taboo it was. She knew not who could it possibly be or why these souls have been trying to capture Hailey, but was certain that she will not allow them to have her.

Jesslyn clenched her fists at this revelation, at the answer that she had finally wanted; she has always wondered why they have wanted to take Hailey. She did not expect this kind of revelation – a prophecy by a long forgotten soul. But what caught her attention most was the final piece of information Scott had revealed.

"A child that is born on the day the souls are celebrated."

~

~

A/N: If you know how I write, you should know SOMETHING by now; I won't hint at WHAT it is. Thanks for the support guys, I really appreciate everyone who always waits patiently for an update. I can't promise it will always be on time but I will still update regardless of circumstance. Vote, Comment and Follow if you haven't (:

Dedicated to chenji fo their support on Scent of Blood. Some may ask why I don't actually dedicate this to the person as in the function 'dedicate', well its because they are people who have contributed for a long time and I'm no longer sure if they still hold the same name. I don't recall their photos either so do understand (:

~

~

©bookie032 2015-16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.9K 2.6K 114
Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch an...
384 31 28
[Spoilers for "Dance in Shadow & Whisper", book 1 of the Marionettes of Myth series!] She stepped through the doors of eternal night. Now the king of...
14K 2.8K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...
1M 29.5K 30
"What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling annoyed. He smirks and says, "I know your secret." "What secret?" I ask innocently. "You're Killer Kat. I...