Finding the Missing Piece: Bo...

Galing kay cogdill

Parenthood has finally found Katniss and Peeta Mellark. In this story they are going to be learning to live l... Higit pa

Prologue/Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Chapter Forty-Three
Chapter Forty-Four
Chapter Forty-Five
Chapter Forty-Six
Chapter Forty-Seven
Chapter Forty-Eight
Chapter Forty-Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty-One
Chapter Fifty-Two
Chapter Fifty-Three
Chapter Fifty-Four
Chapter Fifty-Five
Chapter Fifty-Six
Chapter Fifty-Seven
Chapter Fifty-Eight
Chapter Fifty-Nine
Chapter Sixty
Chapter Sixty-One
Chapter Sixty-Two
Chapter Sixty-Three
Chapter Sixty-Four
Chapter Sixty-Five
Chapter Sixty-Six
Chapter Sixty-Seven
Chapter Sixty-Eight
Chapter Sixty-Nine
Chapter Seventy
Chapter Seventy-One
Chapter Seventy-Two
Chapter Seventy-Three
Chapter Seventy-Four
Chapter Seventy-Five
Chapter Seventy-Six
Chapter Seventy-Seven
Chapter Seventy-Eight
Chapter Seventy-Nine
Chapter Eighty
Chapter Eighty-One
Chapter Eighty-Two
Chapter Eighty-Three
Chapter Eighty-Four
Chapter Eighty-Five
Chapter Eighty-Six
Chapter Eighty-Seven
Chapter Eighty-Eight
Chapter Eighty-Nine
Chapter Ninety
Chapter Ninety-One
Chapter Ninety-Two
Chapter Ninety-Three
Chapter Ninety-Four
Chapter Ninety-Five
Chapter Ninety-Six
Chapter Ninety-Seven
Chapter Ninety-Eight
Chapter Ninety-Nine
Chapter One-Hundred
Chapter One Hundred-One/Sequel info.

Chapter Thirty-Two

1.8K 90 52
Galing kay cogdill

Katniss POV-

I go back into the kitchen and here no one other than Finnick Odair coming into the bakery front.

"Peetie!!!!" I hear him call excitedly.

I hold my breath and roll my eyes.

"Finny!!" Peeta calls back and I just know they're embracing each other over-dramatically about now.

"Katniss and Willow are in the back if you wanna go back there, Annie." I hear Peeta say.

A few seconds later I see Annie and Finn walk through the door.

"Kat!" Finn squeals and runs into my arms.

I smile and embrace him.

"Hey, Finn." I say kissing his cheek.

"I see Wiwoh." He asks in his little toddler voice.

"She's over there." I say pointing into the office and let him down. His little legs running swiftly across the floury floor.

I laugh, "I think Finnick is right about Finn being a little ladies' man." I tell Annie as she hugs me.

She laughs, "Yeah, I think so too. Between Willow and Carter and any other girl he's around, I would say so."

"What are you guys up to today?" I ask her curiously.

"Not much. Finnick had to come see Peeta today, if you could imagine that..." She rolls her eyes but laughs.

"Those two, I swear. They could be a couple." I laugh, shaking my head.

"Sometimes I think Peeta and Finnick have a cuter relationship than we do with either of them."

I make a face and she laughs.

"How's things with Willow and Peeta?"

I shrug, "Willow is really good and me and Peeta are okay too. Willow and I have just been struggling with not seeing Peeta all day long like before so she's been having a lot of tantrums lately, which never really happened before."

Annie shrugs, "She's just testing you, probably. Maybe it's because Peeta isn't around?"

"I doubt it because she knows that she has to mind with me so I'm not sure, hopefully it's over with soon."

"She'll get over it."

I sigh, "It's only every once in awhile but still."

"Finn does that sometimes, especially since he's in his terrible-twos stage. He tests everything and throws horrible tantrums so I'm sure Willow's are nothing yet."

I laugh, "Unless she's hitting the terrible twos, like 6 months early."

Annie laughs, "No. She's a good baby. You don't understand how lucky you got. I mean Finn was a sweet baby too but he had his moments and still does."

I shrug, I understand completely how lucky we got with Willow. I mean besides her occasional tantrum and unsafe adventures, like climbing up on chairs or up the stairs, she's the perfect kid.

"Oh well, I still love them no matter what stages they goes through." I say truthfully, looking back at the kids.

"Me too."

Annie glances behind me at them.

"Hey, if you want, we could take Willow for the rest of the day to give you and Peeta some alone time and maybe a chance to get some more work done."

I sigh, "She's not bothering anything really, but you can ask Peeta. He's been really missing her too so I guess it's up to him." I say truthfully.

"Alright, Finn would like it and so would Finnick and I so if Peeta says 'yes' and you don't care, we would love to watch her for y'all." Annie says sweetly.

"I don't mind it either way, just ask him but I'm sure he will let you." I tell her.

She nods and about that time Finnick and Peeta walk in.

"Kat!!" Finnick squeals and tackles me in a bear hug.

I roll my eyes, "Finnick..." I say in an awkward, annoyed laugh.

Peeta chuckles and leans against the counter, laughing at me.

"Finnick, buddy. I think you've managed to creep Katniss out within a matter of seconds.... Good job." Peeta teases him.

Finnick scoffs, his arm around my shoulder, "I do not creep her out that bad!!" He objects defensively.

"Yeah, Peeta. He doesn't creep me out that bad. I've known him too long, I'm not longer creeped out badly." I tell Peeta.

He laughs, "I'm jealous of the beautiful relationship you two have."

I scoff, "You shouldn't be... You're highest on the totem-pole." I say blowing him kisses.

"I use to be there..." Finnick says letting go of me and plopping down in my chair.

"Yeah, until you caught feelings for poor Annie over here." I say smiling, she giggles.

"I don't know how you do it, sweetheart." I say patting her back.

She laughs, "I don't know how we deal with these two and have for years." Annie says.

Ain't that the truth.

Peeta walks over and wraps his arms around my waist from behind and kisses my cheek, "It's because Finny and I are adorable." He winks and Finnick winks back.

I scoff, "Y'all are so dramatic!"

"Hey, Peeta. I was wondering if you would let us, we could take Willow for you guys until you both got off, if not it's okay too, just thought you two may want some alone time and you guys always watched Finn for us."

He sighs, "If Katniss doesn't mind I really don't either. Could you let her take a nap so she'll go to bed later though? I want to spend some time with her before she goes to bed." Peeta asks.

"Of course. It's 1:30 now so when we get there they can play and Finn usually naps from about 3:30 to 5." Annie says.

Peeta nods, "Sounds good. I just want to stay up later with her tonight."

"Don't worry, you can go to bed earlier if you want." He whispers to me in a laugh.

I smile and squeeze his wrists.

"Well, whatever you need us to do we can."

"Yeah, you guys always let us have a break so anytime you need us we don't mind." Finnick says.

"Same for y'all." Peeta says truthfully.

"Well, I guess we will let you guys get back to work or whatever." Finnick wiggles his eyebrows up and down.

"Finnick..." I say rolling my eyes.

He laughs, "We all know what you guys do when you're alone, don't worry Katniss."

He walks into Peeta's office and Willow and Finn look up.

"Look, Daddy!" Finn says pointing to the paper he and Willow were coloring on.

Finnick's green eyes widen, "That's good, Buddy! You too, Willow!" Finnick says.

Peeta lets me out of his arms, I walk over to them and Willow glances up at me.

"Willow, do you wanna go with Finn and play with him?" I ask her.

She wobbly pulls herself up using Peeta's desk and stands up, "Yep." She says.

I laugh and scoop her up, "Okay. You go with Finnick, okay?" I say to her and he takes her.

"Hey, Willow. You wanna go hang out with me?"

She nods and Peeta hands Annie her bag and grabs Finn.

"I'll see you later, baby girl." Peeta says to her, kissing her forehead.

I kiss her cheek, "Be good baby. I love you." I say and she smiles.

"Text me when you guys get home and-"

Peeta cuts me off, "We close at 6 today so we should be there soon after."

I laugh, "Yeah, what he said."

They laugh, "Okay, it'll be fine. We will see you guys later." They say and leave.

Peeta turns to me as soon as they are out the door, "Where were we before Finnick came in?"

I giggle, "I think we were baking a cake!" I say as he picks me up by my waist and spins me around.

"Why are you so happy now?" I ask him with a laugh.

He sets me on the countertop and I wrap my legs around his waist and he stares up at me.

"I just am. I'm excited that we get to spend the day together and I'm also excited that if everything goes good with Finnick and them with Willow, that we get to spend time together tonight!" Peeta says, grinning.

I laugh, "Am I invited or do I have to go to bed?"

"Whatever you wanna do!" He says.

I wrap my arms around his neck and peck his lips, "How much..." I say and peck his lips again, "Do you want to bet that as soon as we start kissing like this-" I do it again, "That costumers will walk in?" I say and kiss him again.

"I think that if that were to be the case we'd be in great shape." Peeta giggles.

I smirk, "Actually, I think before you left you were saying something to me, right after you said you loved me and made fun of me for blushing."

He grins, "I was just going to continue making fun of you for blushing and we've been together 5 years."

"Is that a bad thing?"

"Not at all. I think it's adorable, actually." Peeta says. 

I scoff, "I bet I could make you blush in less than 10 seconds by saying something."

"Shoot."

"I would but that's illegal." I say sarcastically.

He snorts, "Ha. Ha. Very funny. I meant tell me something."

"Okay, ummmm...." I think.

I try thinking but to five years ago where Peeta could say little to nothing and make me beet red and vice versa, but what those exact words were-I'm really not sure.

"What's wrong? Can't think of anything?" He teases after a minute.

"No, I'm just trying to think of something cute to say." I say.

Peeta laughs, "How about something like, 'Peeta, you're adorable. Your hair is super cute, just like your face.'"

I burst out laughing, "You're hilarious, Peeta!" I tease him.

"Make something up, even if it's a lie."

I laugh, "'Kay, well Peeta," I start. "I think that you are adorable. And your hair is super cute, just like your face." I say in an exaggerated girlie voice, "And you're like my bestestest friend and the bestestest husband and father and I love you a whole whole bunch."

He grins proudly, staring right at me.

"And to this day, your ass is still super hot. No lie." I say and his face gets so red.

"Ohhhhhhh!!!!!!! Blusher!!!!" I tease him and grab his warm, red cheeks and kiss his nose.

He laughs, "Stop..." He says looking away sort of shyly.

I giggle, "You're such a weirdo!" 

He looks up, a new sense of confidence in his eyes, "I get it from you!" He says and I playfully punch him, he starts tickling me and I screech.

"You're such a brat!!"

"And you're the reason why our daughter's first word was 'Brat.'" Peeta reminds me with a laugh.

"At least it wasn't something else..." I say, remembering something about how I could imagine Willow's first words as mumbling the word 'Fuck' since she heard it repetitively come out of my mouth the nine months she was in my womb.

"Yeah, we got lucky there." Peeta laughs and I hop off the counter.

"Let's finish this cake." I say turning back to our work and that's when a costumer walks through the door.

***Boobs. Fuck. Whatever lol hopefully I can get some new chapters written  soon!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.5K 206 17
My own Mockingjay post book Katniss has been slowly losing herself. Along with a lot of people after the war. She isolates herself and neglects every...
3.1K 56 32
On a hot June day a small toddler wanders into the bakery with no adult, being alone Katniss and Peeta look after her while they try and find a paren...
318K 13.6K 101
Katniss and Peeta, now engaged, are heading off to college to begin their Forever and Always. They have gone through a lot but they now have a fresh...
28.7K 408 36
This is a story about Everlark. Here is my own interpretation of how Peeta and Katniss realistically rekindle after Mockingjay Part 2, but with a twi...