The Roommate Down The Hall

By ForeverUnderTheSea

There comes a point in everyone's life where they are faced with something that is truly life changing. For V... More

Chapter 1: Welcome to Life
Chapter 3: Brick Walls and Waterfalls
Chapter 4: Single Ladies!
Chapter 5: The Red Headed Predator
Chapter 6: Can You Feel The Fight Tonight?
Chapter 7: Promise?
Chapter 8: Dreams of Being A Star
Chapter 9: Glitter and Water Guns
Chapter 10: Damn Phones
Chapter 11: Confessionals
Chapter 12: Astraphobia
Chapter 13: Two Kisses
Chapter 14: Late, Late, Late
Chapter 15: 'Friends'
Chapter 16: Unsteady
Chapter 17: In editing
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21: Promise.
After this...
Finally a sequel???

Chapter 2: The Alto and The Forest

13.8K 299 17
By ForeverUnderTheSea

*Kyle's POV**

I had to try to compose myself fast.  I shook my head slightly and realized she was still waiting for and answer.

"Oh, Right. Come on in. I'll call Austin"

I let her in and went over to the stairs. He would hear me.

"Austin! There's a girl here about the roommate thing!" I screamed. The unknown girl was just standing there. I glanced at her again, she looked nervous. She seemed to be sort of shy, out of her element. I didn't know what to say to put her at ease.  As she waited, she looked around, taking everything in. I looked away and walked into the kitchen to get something to drink.

 I ended up settling for juice after not finding anything else that was sparking my taste buds. Austin was down the stairs before I could even finish pouring the drink into the glass.  I could see them slightly from the kitchen. Well, I might as well observe...

He could see that she was nervous. He smiled at her to show her it was okay and he introduced himself. In return, She smiled and introduced herself, to which I  could not hear. Her smile was amazing. Although I could not hear what they were saying, I am assuming that he was questioning her about things he needed to know. She answered them calmly and Austin responded positively. He held his hand out in a movement for her to follow him. He was going to show her the rest of the house. I took this time to think about what it would be like to have this girl living here. I wouldn't like the idea of sharing the bathroom with a girl, but at least she seemed normal. I sat back down to watch the movie that I still didn't know the name of. i had gotten through nearly all of the movie when Brandy arrived home. I quickly changed the channel in fear of her making a quick joke about how much of a man I wasn't for watching some sappy movie. She had a few bags in her hands. Knowing her, there was more where that came from. I sighed and dragged my ass off the couch. I didn't even really like Brandy, but if I neglected her, I would hear it from Austin later. I went out to the car and got them. I also put them away since it was my turn to do that and the dishes. When I was done, I sat back down on the couch. My mind couldn't help but wonder about this girl. I didn't even know her name yet. Maybe it was Alex. Or maybe Isabelle. She looked like she could be an Isabelle.

"Kyle, is the roommate here?" Allison asked as she made he way over to me. 

 "Yeah, she's downstairs, I think. You can go meet her," I explained.

 "Have you talked to her?"

 " Not yet; haven't had the chance. she seems nice though... Not like the others." 

 "Yay!" she sang doing a little dance," New Roomie!"

 I smiled at her. She was funny. With that, she let to go meet this girl. i had to laugh to myself when she was gone. Allison was the most hopeful for a roommate. She just wanted another friend. I mean, Her and Brandy were friends, but they had grown apart ever since Brandy started dating Austin. Brandy sometimes left Allie hanging when it came to Austin. Before I could think of anything more, they all walked up the stairs. Allison had already made friends with the new girl. They were laughing about something that I hadn't heard the punch line to.

"Well, I think that is safe to say that you've got it! you can move in tomorrow if you'd like. Kyle and myself can help, " Austin said smiling.

She looked over my way. I offered her a smile and a wave. She grinned and gave me a small wave back.

"Well," Alli began," I'm going to head up to my room. I guess I'll see you tomorrow," Allison told the brunette. She nodded and waved. Then she was gone.

"I'm gonna go say 'Hi' to Brandy. You can stay as long as you'd like. Kyle wont bite." 

 Hard... I thought to myself. 

She looked at me and for a second, I thought that I had said it aloud

"Hi, I'm Veronica, "

 She had a very pretty voice. It was a high alto, chipper, yet smooth. It was soothing to listen to. Her voice was soft, still seeming nervous. I wondered why; She got the room.

 She held her hand out. I took it in mine.

 "I'm Kyle. It's nice to meet you." 

 Her skin was soft and warm, but then again, a lot of girls were. However, there was something about it...

"Well, I better go home to pack. Tell Brandy that I'm sorry. If you have any questions, here," she said writing then handing me a number. she  gave me one last  smile,

"See you tomorrow."

**Veronica's POV**

When the door opened, I looked up to see a young guy standing there, looking down at me. I studied him.

 He wasn't that bad looking. He was rather tall. He had brownish blonde hair that was cut well; Not too long, nor too short. It was messily styled, flopping over to one side on the top of his head. The sided were cut close to his head, but the rest was a bit longer. He had the greenest eyes that I have ever seen. It was almost as if I  was looking into a canopy in the forest. When you looked at them, you could see that around the pupil, they faded into blue. I had never seen anything like it. He had Khaki shorts on and had a t shirt on that was plain black with a slight v neck. It fit well. You could just tell that he had muscle under it. I felt myself swallow hard, trying to form words.

 "Erm.. Hai! I'm here about being a roommate here,"

I internally cringed and my inner self face palmed. Did I really just say ERM? What the hell?

 He called the homeowner. Soon, he was standing in front of me. He wasn't that bad looking either. He was tall as well. He had dark colored hair, blue eyes and a nice smile.   He was not nearly as striking as the first roommate, but I could see how he would be handsome to the right person.

 His name was Austin. He had a girlfriend, not that I wanted to date him or anything, I'm just saying. He asked me very basic questions , to which I quickly answered. I had been anticipating them.  After that, he showed me the rest of the house. It was beautiful! Bathrooms on every floor, big rooms, and something that was somewhat of a game room/ Family night room. It had a couch in the center and a fireplace in that middle with a mantle. The mantle housed some pictures, a few decorative pieces, and a TV.  How cute. I could picture having just some fun times together on Friday nights. 

 Then it came time to see the room that would be mine if I was able to move in. I don't think I was ready to see what I did. It was on the top floor along with another room and a bathroom between the two. We walked into the room and my jaw hit the floor. It was HUGE! Even though nothing was in it, I fell in love. It had carpet on the floors that was a pale color. The walls were a dark beige. I walked into the room to get a better look. My heart skipped a beat. The room had so  much potential to be the best place to relax. There was even  a balcony on the far wall. I could see two sets of double doors on the other wall.

"Is that what I think it is?" I asked Austin. I could practically feel the twinkle in my eye.

"Yes, that is the closet. You can go look," he told me with a smile.

I walked over to the light colored doors and opened them. I gasped and stepped in. This was such a big closet! It was the size of a small bedroom. There were shelves for shoes and hangers for clothes. They had put a full length mirror in the corner. I loved the whole thing!

"I love it!"

"Good! We just put in the mirror. C'mon; lets go to the basement," he suggested.

I nodded and followed along.  A girl came down the stairs and found us. She had brown hair that was similar to mine. However, It was shorter than mine. It was to her shoulders, where as mine was to the middle of my back.  It looked like she may have naturally curly hair that was pulled back in a half up half down hairstyle. She had hazel eyes that looked like the could be mistaken for brown, but they were so pretty.  Her skin had a olive tone tint. She had full lips and her smile was perfect. she had eyeliner on, but that was it.. She had shorts and a PINK t- shirt on. She was a bit taller then me as well, but then again, who wasn't?

" Well HI! I'm Allison Lynn or just Alli." she chimed out.

 "Hi, I'm Veronica" I told her.

We talked for a little more and then went upstairs. We were laughing when we went up the stairs. She seemed like a very nice girl.

"Well, I think that it's safe to say that you got it..." Austin told me. He told me that I could move in the next day. He also told me that the boy that opened the door for me, Kyle, and him would help me. Kyle  smiled at me and waved, which I returned. He was such a cutie. You could get lost in those eyes of his.  Austin went to talk to his girlfriend. Allison went to her room. That left  me alone with Kyle. I introduced myself and he did the same. His voice was deep and husky, but smooth as well. We shook hands. His was rough, But soft at the same time. Before I could get too wrapped up in my own thoughts, I decided to go home; I needed to pack. I told him goodbye and that I would see him tomorrow.. I wrote down my number, in case they needed me. We said our goodbyes again and I left.I smiled when I walked out and go into the car. I  wondered what that other room was upstairs. I'm pretty sure that it was another room, but whose?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 107 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
2.6M 89.4K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
25.9K 4K 69
Veronica is just a regular girl. A girl with big dreams for a perfect future. A girl who craved finding true love and not just the idea of it. A girl...
3.4K 60 46
Six Best-friends Roommates -What could possibly go wrong? Almost Four years of living together and going through the struggle of attending universit...