Through Sticks & Stones, Thro...

By BYEshaniaR5

Isabella Pierre is a girl who has been best friends with guitarist, Rocky Lynch. She has been best friends wi... More

Through Sticks & Stones, through Storms & Wars (R5 Fanfic)
Chapter 1: Band Practise
Chapter 2: New Song!
Chapter 3: In Love
Chapter 4: New Girl
Chapter 5: A Name I Haven't Seen In A Long Time
Chapter 6: Another Visit to the Cafe
Chapter 7: Do You Remember Me?
Chapter 8: A Meeting with Isabella
Chapter 9: Fan of R5?
Chapter 10: Is it Really That Obvious?
Chapter 11: Telling Delly
Chapter 12: Eavesdropping
Chapter 13: The Surprise Party!
Chapter 14: Expect The Unexpecting
Chapter 15: Can I ask you something...?
CHapter 16: The First Date
Chapter 17: So we're a 'thing' now?
Chapter 18: A Little Surprise..
Chapter 19: Too Rushed?
Chapter 20: A Night to Remember
Chapter 21: Sisters?
Chapter 22: Not Loved Enough
Chapter 23: Feeling A Little Down
Chapter 24: Secrets Told
Chapter 25: The Talk
Chapter 26: What's Wrong?
Chapter 27: A Day Full of Suprises
Chapter 29: Rydel the Problem Fixer
Chapter 30: Break ups and Make ups
Chapter 31: Girls Ask Guys
Chapter 32: Will You Go To The Dance With Me?
Chapter 33: I Have Feelings For Holly...
Chapter 34: Sparks Fly
Chapter 35: At the Mall
*Authors Note* PLEASE READ
Chapter 36: All Dolled Up
Chapter 37: Meant to Be

Chapter 28: Hurt

1.2K 22 4
By BYEshaniaR5

Hey all! Thanks for all the votes/comments, please keep that up and tell everyone you know to read this fanfic! I would love for you to share it around :D I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and if you have any advice for my writing please tell me, I would love to know! (: x

Chapter 28:

Isabella's POV

I sit on the floor of the hospital crying. Dad hugs me and comforts me and I can see Dr. Matthews staring at us with sad eyes.

*****

After some time of me crying I pick myself up and walk out of the room. Dad Suggested that it would be better off if he just talks to the doctor and I wait outside.

I was sitting in the hospital waiting room for dad and I was still crying. I can't believe this has happened, mum was totally healthy and all of a sudden she has cancer? That's just crazy.

I see dad walking out of the room with Dr. Matthews not far behind him. Dr. Matthews came up to me and sat on the empty chair next to me. He put his arm around me, "everything will be alright. Your mum doesn't have a very strong case of cancer but it's still cancer so she will have to be careful. Promise me you'll take care of your mum?"

I look at him with tears still rolling down my cheeks and nod, "Of course," I say with a smile.

"There we go! There's that beautiful smile of yours! Your dad is just filling out some forms and he'll be right with you okay?"

"Yup. One more question, when will she be able to come back home?"

"In three days. We will give you a call and your mum will be all yours," he says with a smile and walks over to my dad.

I wipe the tears from my cheek. You know what? I think I'll be alright. I just gotta pull myself together - mum is a strong person and she can handle this...and so can I.

*****

Ryland's POV

Ahh!! Alex is coming over for dinner today. I'm sort of excited but I'm pretty nervous too. What if mum and dad don't like her? Ugh, I hope not.

DING DONG! I hear the doorbell ring and all of a sudden my heart skips a beat. Oh my gosh. I take a few deep breaths and I walk out of my room. Tonight is pretty much like a whole family dinner...but with Alex. I rush over to the door and open it.

"Hey!" Alex says with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing a beautiful dress that was casual...but classy. It was a white dress with a sash around it and the design suited Alex really well! Her hair was let down bit part of it was held up by a bow in her hair...she pretty much just looked drop dead gorgeous.

"Hi Alex!" I say nervously. Pull yourself together Ryland! I give her a hug and let her into the house.

"Hey girlfriend!" Rydel says bouncing into the room. Oh no, please don't embarrass me, PLEASE.

"Hey Rydel!" Alex says. They hug each other too and Alex follows Rydel into the lounge.

"Hey!" The whole family gets up and greets Alex.

*****

We were eating dinner and getting to know Alex a bit more. I think even I learned some new things about Alex too.

She was just walking out of the house, thanking mum and dad and the whole family...and me. I gave her a hug and soon she was gone. Riker closed the door and turned to me. "She's really nice," he says nodding to me.

"Um, thanks?"

"You know what Ry? Your father and I have talked about this and we love Alex, she is such a sweet girl. We're letting you go out with her but please- no more secret girlfriends behind our backs."

I laugh, "okay. Thanks mum, thanks dad," I say giving them hugs.

Isabella's POV

It's been a few days since we found out what happened to mum and she is back with us so I'm really happy!

She is totally fine and everything is back to normal. Well...sort of. I still haven't gone to school yet and Riker and our friends still don't know about mum. No one knows. I was going to tell Holly but I thought that I'd just tell her with the rest of them.

"Can I go back to school tomorrow?" I ask all of a sudden while eating dinner.

"You sure honey?" Dad asks looking concerned.

"Yes, of course I am! I haven't gone in forever and I think I start talking to my friends again. I have to admit, I'm getying a bit lonely now."

"Aww, well as long as you're comfortable," mum says taking a bite of her sandwich.

"Okay, awesome! I need to get ready and stuff with everything I need. I'll do that after dinner."

"Okay honey."

I gobble down dinner and pop a chocolate in my mouth as some dessert and run upstairs. I pack all the books and everything else I need in my bag and get my outfit to wear ready.

I never actually thought I would ever say this but I'm quite excited to go back to school! I get everything ready and in a couple of hours I'm fast asleep.

*****

I wake up the next morning ready and excited to go back to the place I used to call 'torture'.

I woke up with a smile on my face and walked straight downstairs to the kitchen to get breakfast.

"Good morning hun," Dad says packing up the stuff he needs to go back to the cafe. Since mum was in hospital dad and mum (obviously) did not go to work. Which also meant that we needed someone to take care of the cafe while we were gone. We got one of the workers to take care of the cafe and pretty much put everything on his shoulders.

Yesterday after I had announced that I wanted to go back to school today dad decided to gi back to work too. Mum said she'll stay in and have a restful day by herself, at home.

Dad was rushing out of the door for work. "Good morning dad, uhh...and see you!" I say as he races out the door.

"Bye!" With a wave of his hand he was out the door. Mum was still sleeping so I had to have breakfast by myself...and also walk by myself considering that the Lynches or anyone don't know I'm coming back today. I want it to be a surprise and I just hope we don't leave out the door at the same time so I don't blow the surprise.

I pop two toasts in the toaster and get out the Nutella. As soon as the toast pops up I grab my Nutella and knife and smear lots of Nutella all over the top of my two pieces of toast.

I take a huge bit out of it, "mmm, so good!" I say to no one in particular.

I finish up my Nutella on toast and go back upstairs to get ready for school.

A few minutes later I'm dressed up and ready to leave the house. I slowly creep into my parents' room to where my mum was still sleeping. I kiss her on her forehead, "see ya mum."

I creep out the room, down the stairs and outside the house. As I walk to school I think about how I'm going to tell them the rest of them about what has happened and my explanation and what I'm going to say to them.

Moments later I'm walking into the school grounds with a huge smile on my face. I walk into the building of the actual school and I walk over to where my locker is, right next to the Lynches, Ratliff, Kelly, Holly and Ruve. I see them all talking to each other but then all of a sudden I spot Riker.

Not only do I spot Riker, but I spot another girl. The girl had dark coloured hair and she was holding Riker's hand. I don't know what to say. I watch for a while from behind a locker straight opposite to where they were standing. I see Riker and that girl talking and smiling at each other. All of a sudden I see that girls face. I know her! I think her names Lauren, she is in my Maths class.

I'm staring at them for a while and I don't know what to say. I can't believe Riker would do this to me. I feel tears swelling up in my eyes. All of a sudden Rocky's eyes and I meet.

"ISABELLA?!" All of a sudden they're all staring at me and running up to me. I can't think right now, I'm just so stunned. All I can think of is run. Run, far away from everything. I bolt out of school and run all the way home with tears falling from my eyes.

I was standing right in front of my house. I sit down on the little grass part at the front of my house and I burry my head in my hands and cry. Cry and cry and cry and cry. That's all I can do right. I'm hurt, really hurt. A few minutes ago I didn't know how much it hurt to see your boyfriend holding hands with another girl - but know I do.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9M 83K 127
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
2M 57.3K 95
On the twelfth hour of October 1st, 1989, 43 women gave birth. It was unusual as none of them had been pregnant since the first day they started. Sir...
11.7M 302K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
6.6M 180K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...