Chapter 7: Do You Remember Me?

Here's chapter 7, please keep voting!!

Shania xx

Isabella's POV

"Your Holly Blair right?" I asked her.

"Yeah...and?"

"Do you not remember me?" I said quietly, almost whispering.

She looked at me blankly. "Am I supposed to?"

I took her hand that was resting on the table and cradled it in my hands gently. "I wanna be a ballerina when I grow up!" I said in a little kids voice. "And I wanna be a princess! I'm going to marry prince charming and live happily ever after!" I said with a smile.

I remember we used to say that all the time when we were younger.

"Oh my gosh" she managed to say before lifting her hands from my grasp and covering her mouth with them in shock. Her voice was shaky and I could see her body trembling.

I could see puddles of water forming in her eyes and soon the water over-flowed in her eyes and the tears came streaming down her face. "Oh my gosh" she repeated again. The same shakiness in her voice.

I kept the smile on my face and stretched over the table and pulled her into a tight hug. Her shaking hands slowly wrapping around my body.

I could feel her tears absorbing into my t-shirt. We stayed in our hugging position for a few minutes before letting go.

For a while we were just staring at each other and after about five minutes I spoke up, "You look so different" I whispered, hardly even talking. I was so soft.

"So do you" she said nodding her head. Her hand was still covering her mouth so it sounded a bit faint and the tears kept streaming down her face.

After a while of some more staring I spoke up again and broke the silence. "I'm gonna get your order and come back. We can talk and catch up on...everything." She just nodded her head in agreement.

I went to the kitchen and made her order. Mum asked me why I was so quiet and everything but I just told her I was fine. And in total honesty, I was. I wasn't sad or anything but I guess I was shocked and...happy! Happy to see Holly after a long, long time.

I took her order and walked over to her table, "Here you go" I said placing the order down, "Enjoy."

I sat down on the chair opposite her and again I thought of breaking the silence. "So...how have you been?" I asked.

"Good" she replied. I could tell she was still shocked, she didn't eat anything yet and she was only giving short answers.

I nodded awkwardly not knowing what to say next. Um...

"What about you?" she asked.

"I'm great! Really enjoying life!" I said, "How come your here in LA?"

"Well we moved here like two weeks ago" she said taking a sip out of her hot chocolate.

"So you haven't been here for a long time" I said nodding.

"Yeah"

From the corner of my eye, I could see a figure walking towards us. I turned my head and saw my dad walking towards us. I sighed, he is gonna tell me to go back to working.

He came up to us and looked at me, "Isabella Jaye Pierre, you are meant to be working right now" dad said seriously.

Sometimes my dad jokes around and stuff but now I can tell he is serious. When he uses my full name he is always serious.

Holly looked up at my dad with a huge smile on her face. So I guess she recognized my dad.

"But dad-"

My dad cut me off, "No! Get back to work, NOW!"

I sighed again and stood up from the table giving Holly an apologetic smile. "Sorry" I mouthed.

She smiled back in agreement.

I walked over to the counter and assisted a young woman while she payed.

After a while, I saw Holly walking up towards the counter with a smile across her face. "Hello, again" she greeted me.

"Hey!" I replied, "So have you recovered from the shock?"

She laughed, "Yeah...I guess."

I laughed. She hasn't changed and I think I'm kinda glad. I liked Holly, her personality and everything!

"You should come over some time" I told her.

"Yeah...we need to catch up on a heap of things!" she said and let out a little giggle.

"Oh, definitely!" I agreed. "Can you come over tomorrow?"

"Um...maybe. I'll have to ask my parents and stuff, just in case we already have something planned. Ugh mum and dad make me attend these stupid family functions!" she rolled her eyes and shook her head.

I laughed, yep, definitely the same Holly!

"Haha, okay! We should exchange phone numbers" I said pulling out my phone from my jeans pocket.

"Yeah!" she pulled out her phone and we exchanged our phones adding our numbers in.

"Cool bananas!" I said handing her back her phone. "Text me and let me know if you can and we will meet here at the cafe at 4:30."

"Got it!" she said processing that all in her head. "I gotta go now but I will definitely text you back!" she said paying quickly with cash. She gave me a quick hug and walked out the door.

I stood there smiling not knowing what to do now. Well obviously I had to work but I was talking about the whole thing with Holly. I couldn't believe I just saw her after all those years and I actually got to spend some quality time with her! Well it was like 5/10 minutes but it was still something.

I couldn't stop smiling when my dad threw me a rag, "Please go clean up the tables that were just being used." I nodded and went around cleaning the dirty tables with the rag.