Chapter 28: Hurt

Hey all! Thanks for all the votes/comments, please keep that up and tell everyone you know to read this fanfic! I would love for you to share it around :D I hope you guys enjoy this chapter and if you have any advice for my writing please tell me, I would love to know! (: x

Chapter 28:

Isabella's POV

I sit on the floor of the hospital crying. Dad hugs me and comforts me and I can see Dr. Matthews staring at us with sad eyes.

*****

After some time of me crying I pick myself up and walk out of the room. Dad Suggested that it would be better off if he just talks to the doctor and I wait outside.

I was sitting in the hospital waiting room for dad and I was still crying. I can't believe this has happened, mum was totally healthy and all of a sudden she has cancer? That's just crazy.

I see dad walking out of the room with Dr. Matthews not far behind him. Dr. Matthews came up to me and sat on the empty chair next to me. He put his arm around me, "everything will be alright. Your mum doesn't have a very strong case of cancer but it's still cancer so she will have to be careful. Promise me you'll take care of your mum?"

I look at him with tears still rolling down my cheeks and nod, "Of course," I say with a smile.

"There we go! There's that beautiful smile of yours! Your dad is just filling out some forms and he'll be right with you okay?"

"Yup. One more question, when will she be able to come back home?"

"In three days. We will give you a call and your mum will be all yours," he says with a smile and walks over to my dad.

I wipe the tears from my cheek. You know what? I think I'll be alright. I just gotta pull myself together - mum is a strong person and she can handle this...and so can I.

*****

Ryland's POV

Ahh!! Alex is coming over for dinner today. I'm sort of excited but I'm pretty nervous too. What if mum and dad don't like her? Ugh, I hope not.

DING DONG! I hear the doorbell ring and all of a sudden my heart skips a beat. Oh my gosh. I take a few deep breaths and I walk out of my room. Tonight is pretty much like a whole family dinner...but with Alex. I rush over to the door and open it.

"Hey!" Alex says with a huge smile on her face. She was wearing a beautiful dress that was casual...but classy. It was a white dress with a sash around it and the design suited Alex really well! Her hair was let down bit part of it was held up by a bow in her hair...she pretty much just looked drop dead gorgeous.

"Hi Alex!" I say nervously. Pull yourself together Ryland! I give her a hug and let her into the house.

"Hey girlfriend!" Rydel says bouncing into the room. Oh no, please don't embarrass me, PLEASE.

"Hey Rydel!" Alex says. They hug each other too and Alex follows Rydel into the lounge.

"Hey!" The whole family gets up and greets Alex.

*****

We were eating dinner and getting to know Alex a bit more. I think even I learned some new things about Alex too.

She was just walking out of the house, thanking mum and dad and the whole family...and me. I gave her a hug and soon she was gone. Riker closed the door and turned to me. "She's really nice," he says nodding to me.

"Um, thanks?"

"You know what Ry? Your father and I have talked about this and we love Alex, she is such a sweet girl. We're letting you go out with her but please- no more secret girlfriends behind our backs."