Bad is an Understatement | ✓

By IvyKnightWP

"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen he... More

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Summary
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The start of Winter Break
Chapter 31: First Night
Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 33: Shopping!
Chapter 34: History
Chapter 35: The call
Chapter 36: Neighbours
Chapter 37: Is Santa here yet?!
Chapter 38: It's Christmas!
Chapter 39: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 40: No more lies
Chapter 41: Hide
Chapter 42: Road Trip
Chapter 43: More Time
Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry
Chapter 45: Happy New Year!
Chapter 46: Canada?!
Chapter 47: Home
Chapter 49: Keeping Your Enemies Close
Epilogue
FOLLOW AMORA NEXT

Chapter 48: One

161K 3.8K 2.4K
By IvyKnightWP

"Can you please get out of the bathroom. Like now!" I pound my fist against the door. Fricken Heath's been in there for over an hour.

"I'm -Ow." He groans as my fist comes in contact with his chest instead of the door. I smile proudly.

"You deserved it. Now move." I walk in past him, and push him out.

"Someone has a small bladder." Heath mumbles on the other side of the door.

"You were in here for over an hour!" I protest. Last night, after our conversation, we went to bed. And by we yes I mean we. Heath and I slept together in the same bed. We both figured that if we want our full sleep we might as well. I don't remember waking up, so I'm guessing it worked.

I come out of the bathroom in ten minutes. I walk out to the living room, where Heath was waiting for me. "It's snowing, so keep your hood up. I still think it's a bad idea letting you come with me."

"You didn't have a choice, and you're not getting one either. Just shut up, and go. I'm letting you drive."

"You are?" He questions.

"I am."

"You or the car?" Heath devilishly grins. My response comes out as simple as a eye roll. I ignore him, and walk over to the garage door. Heath follows behind after grabbing our backpack. I enter the car, and sit down on the passengers seat.

Once Heath's sat, he pulls out a piece of paper. "Okay, so we're going to visit a couple of the places he's visiting. Which includes Global Banking Investors, Science world, and The Pacific hotel where he's staying." He reads off.

"Okay, but what's your plan once you get there? And how'd you get all this information?"

"The plan is for you to stay outside, and I'll go in doing all the talking. The car's bashed up, and I don't want any questions, so we're going to park it in one place. We'll walk around everywhere else because with what I know, all these places are pretty close together. I've followed this guy for over years. I know his usuals."

"Okay." I agree. Heath starts the engine, and drives off.

We were in down town Vancouver in under an hour. Heath parks at one of the market's parking. "We'll eat first." Heath says.

"Okay, we're having Tims then." I smile getting out of the car. I make sure my hood's covering my face as I walk across the street to Tim Hortons.

"Wait up." Heath demands. It took him longer, because he had to grab our bag. I walk into Tims, and Heath finally catches up. "Don't do that. We have to stay together. Wait. I also forgot to ask, do you have your gun on you?" He whispers silently beside me. I nod. The taunting piece of metal was tucked in, in its usual place.

"Pass me some cash." He takes out an American twenty dollar bill. I walk up to the cashier. "Can I have a medium English Toffee, and an everything bagel with herb and garlic." She types everything in.

"I'll have a large French Vanilla with a turkey sandwich." Heath orders from behind me.

"Anything else I could get for you?" The chirpy red headed employee asks.

"No." I say in a monotone.

"Okay. Uh... that'll be ten fifteen." She says. I hand her the twenty dollar bill.

"Go sit down, I'll grab the food." Heath whispers in my ear. I nod, and head to an empty seat after taking the change from the employee.

The lobby was full of old people. The way the other employees were eyeing us made me a little fidgety. We did look very suspicious wearing our hoods inside, but we can't afford them seeing our faces either.

Heath sits down across from me. "Stop fidgeting you're making us look suspicious." Heath advices. I grab my food off the tray, and try to take his advice. I start munching and sipping. The coffee was just the right temperature which made my lips form into a smile. "Done?" Heath asks after fifteen minutes.

"Yup. Wait! Wait for it..." I say feeling air forming up, and it escapes coming out as a burp. "Hehe." I grin.

"Sometimes I wonder if you're even a girl."

"I have the parts to prove it." I wink. Heath nods in disappointment. He dumps the garbage away, and we walk out into the cold.

"Okay." Heath pulls out a map. "So we are..." Heath looks around. "You know what? Hold this." He takes our bag off his back, and shoves it in my arms.

"Okay, then." I put the straps around my shoulder. "And just tell me where you want to go first. I know exactly where everything is except for that global place."

"Well that's where we have to go first." He states. I roll my eyes as I wait for him to figure out the directions.

I start tapping my foot impatiently. "Can you please hurry up? It's freezing."

"Only if you stop annoying me." He says not taking his eyes off the map. "Okay. It should be about two streets away." He finally speaks.

"Finally." I groan following Heath. After walking across two streets, one illegal j-walk, and taking a left around a street corner we find ourselves standing in front of a massive building. "Uh... how do you plan on going in without getting caught?" I ask.

"I don't know." Professionally dressed people were constantly coming out and going into the building. I squint my eyes spotting that there's a guy sitting at the reception. I grin.

"You know what? Let me take this one." I start walking, but Heath's grip around my arm stops me.

"Are you crazy?! You're going to get us caught."

"No I won't." I take his grip off my arm. I pull the bag's straps off my shoulder, and rest the bag on the ground. "Keep an eye on the bag 'till I'm back." He clenches his jaw, but doesn't stop me from turning around and walking in.

I let out a huge breath before I enter the building. I keep my hood on. I walk up to the reception where a guy who looks around his mid twenties was sitting. I clear my throat. "My dad just came in for a meeting can you please let me know what room his meeting is in?" I try to ask in a rich brats voice.

"Uh what's your dad's name?" He asks suspiciously trying to get a glimpse under my hood. I tilt my head down more.

"Uh-"

"Mr. Johnson requested some green tea for his meeting." Another girl comes in sounding annoyed.

That's probably the guy. Why does Johnson sound so familiar?... " That's him." I say. "That's my dad." The guy looks at me questionably. "How about I take the tea up for him?"

"Uh- I don't know. It's a private meeting."

"Please. I'm his daughter." I beg.

"Let me just check with him." Before I could protest he dials a number on the phone.

"Fuck." I mumble under my breath.

"Hello sir. Sorry to disturb you, but your daughter is here requesting to meet with you." The guy says. Please have a daughter, please have daughter! "Yes sir. Will do. Sorry, for disturbing you once again." The guy looks up at me. "He has requested you to go to his hotel, and told me to tell you that he'll meet you later this evening." I clench my jaw, and force a smile.

"Thanks." I say turning around, and walking out.

"What happened." Heath asks curiously.

"Nothing. I told the guy I was his daughter, but Mr. Bad also known as Mr. Johnson refused to see his own daughter." Heath nods averting his gaze to the ground. "Why does Johnson sound so familiar?"

"I don't know." He shrugs. My eyes drop down to the ground trying to figure out if he was looking at something particular.

"Why is the bag's pocket open?!" My voice comes out loud in worry.

"I don't know. You probably left it like that?" Heath replies vaguely. I pick up our bag, and go through our stuff. My eye's widen when I notice that everything except our money was in here.

"Heath there's no money." I start to rampage through our things. Heath takes the bag from me.

"I-I swear it was in here." Heath stutters nervously.

"Well, is it invisible? Because I can't see it!" I argue. "Heath how could you? All our money. It's gone! How are we going to survive?" I ask. "You have your card, right?"

"Uh... No. I threw it away after I saw the news." He thinks," I left some money at home. We should go back, and grab it." I nod as we make our way back to the car.

Heath drives unreasonably fast. We were about pull up to the ranch when we see police cars parked up front. Heath drives past the house. "Stop Heath." I order once we've turned a few streets.

"What the fuck are they doing there?!" He hisses.

"I don't know." I state. There were five cars in total. "I think someone snitched." I reply. Heath starts driving again.

"Liam wouldn't do that."

"I'm not saying that he would. I'm talking about Johnson, what if they're following us?" There is a high possibility.

"They would've killed us by now."

"What if they don't want to kill us?" I question.

"I don't know, Riley. And I think we have bigger things to worry about. We don't have any money, food, or a house to stay in any more." Heath reminds me.

"I have a couple of dollars from breakfast." I try to lighten his mood.

"That's not enough." He protests. "We need money, and that too quick." He looks at me after stopping at a red light.

"You're not suggesting what I think you're suggesting?" I ask already knowing the answer.

"One last fight?" He steps on the gas.

"Fine." I groan. "Only because we need the money. Take a left from the lights." I direct him towards the ring. It takes us about fifteen minutes to reach the ring.

"Calm down. You fought just a couple of months ago." Heath tries to cheer me up as we get out of the car.

"After some wild food reductions, and energy sucking strength conditioning." I explain.

"Oh you'll do fine."

"Easy for you to say, you kept fighting after you lost to me."

"How do you know?"

"I know things." I shrug as I walk into the familiar building. The loud cheering calmed me in ways people would find weird. "You can take off your hoodie now." I inform Heath as I take mine off. No one can call the police. There is no reception here, for any network, and all this is illegal. Unless they want to go to jail too, I don't think that we'll be having any trouble. "Hey Chubby Kubby!" I greet an old friend sitting behind the main counter.

"Ivy?!" He lifts his head, and shock covered his whole face.

"That's what they call me." I smirk. Noel gets up from behind the counter, jumps over, and wraps me around in a bone crushing hug. "O- okay ch-cha- chubby."

"Oh, sorry." He scratches his forehead as he backs away. "So what have you gotten yourself into, huh? You're all over the news."

"Life happened." I reply.

"Life does happened. What could I do for you? I know you aren't here just to say high." Chubby runs the building, and knows a lot about me. He was a lot of help in my past.

"Can you sign us up as a duo in the next round?" I ask. I nod back at Heath. Noel raises an eyebrow. Stupid me. "This is Heath by the way, he's from the streets of Los Angeles."

Heath stands beside me and lends out a hand. They stare into each other's eyes as they firmly shake hands. "And make it a solo." Heath adds.

I turn my head to face him. "What? No. Duo."

"Solo."

"Duo."

"You're hurt."

"I'll be fine."

"Solo."

"Duo."

"Solo."

"Duo!"

"Hey, guys? How about rock paper scissors?"

"Fine. If I win it's a duo, if you win it's a solo."

"Okay." Eagerly we both put our hands up in fists. "Rock, paper, scissors!" I say. I stop with a closed fist representing a rock when Heath stops his hand forming a paper.

"Huh! I win. Solo." He says.

"Okay." I shrug. I face Noel. "Solo." I repeat hinting him to write down my name instead of Heath's. His eyebrows knit in confusion, before understanding what I was hinting towards. He nods in agreement.

"You'll... be up in an hour against Colin Mickens." Noel lets us know.

"Okay, do you have the key to my old locker?" I ask hoping the answer is yes.

"Yeah." He reaches down at the counter, and pulls out a key. "Locker seven."

"Thanks Chubby Kubby!" I sequel. I make my way through the familiar hallways. Since there are very limited girl fighters, there is only one change room for both genders. I walk into the empty, yet smelly room. It always smells like this, and it made me feel happy in a crooked way.

I walk over to the wall where all the lockers were, and open locker number seven. After Jack died, I tried to continue fighting, but it wasn't working out over many unsaid reasons.

Before I quit, I made sure to tell Noel never to give this locker to anyone besides me. I left Jacks and I's signature fighting clothes in here. They consisted of my black sports bra, with a gold J on the left side where my heart would be, black sport shorts for me, and black boxing shorts for Jack with an R written in gold on the corner of the right leg.

I take Jack's shorts of the hook. I turn around to face Heath. My heart was pounding against my chest as I handed them to him, because no one, and I mean no one, has ever worn our fighting clothes besides us two.

So many memories were trying to urge their way back into my mind. It felt like I was having a fight against myself. "Riley?" I feel Heath's soft hand on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I breathe out. I look into his concerned eyes.

"Are you okay? You don't have to watch, if you don't want to." He sweetly offers.

"No. It's okay, I just have a lot of memories connected with this place."

"I get it. Just let me know if you're going to leave."

"Okay." I reply. Now, how do I change? "Hey, I'm just going to try on my clothes too. Just..." I get distracted by his mind blowing abs," to... get the feeling. Ya know?" I turn my head to the side to avoid looking at him at all.

"Uh... sure." He replies.

"Okay." I chirp. I walk over to the opposite side of the change room. I take off my shirt facing the wall. My shoulder wasn't giving me as much as a hard time as it was before, so I easily bring my arms back. I unclip my bra while looking over my shoulder. Once it's unclipped, I look up to meet Heath's eyes. "Can you stop staring?" I ask while I face the wall. I take my bra off, and slipping on the sports bra.

"Uhh... you're practically stripping in front of me. What do you think?" He asks. Intake the extra elastic that's always around my wrist, and use it to tie up hair in a pony tail.

"I think that you need to learn how to keep your eyes to yourself." I pull the gun out of my waistband, and lay it on the bench. I unbutton my jeans. I strip out of them, and slip into my shorts in a matter of seconds. Heath's gaze started to make me blush uncontrollably.

"You know you could've waited till I changed, and left." Heath acknowledges the fact.

"Oh I know." I say as I gather up my former clothes. Time to have a little fun... "But that would be no fun." I put everything in the locker. I close the locker, and lean my back against it.

I take a couple of steps forward until I'm only a few inches away from him. "If I changed while you were outside then I wouldn't be able to see the, oh so longing, lust in your eyes for me. I couldn't see the way I make you so nervous that you wore your shorts backwards." I say as I notice. Heath glances down. His cheeks turn the slightest tint of red. "You want me." I breathe out against his ear.

I back away to his ghostly expression. "You are going to be the death of me." He breathes as takes off his shorts, and wears them rightfully.

"And, I'll be the first to celebrate." I smirk.

"That's a long way away, Princess."

"Not if I keep up what I'm doing." I wink.

"And what if I start what I can do? Then who'll die first?"

"I don't know."

"I guess we'll have to find out one night." He smirks. Did he?... He did. What do I say?...

"Uh.. we should watch some of the fights before I-you. You go on." Nice one, Riley... I'm a fucking idiot. I could see the hurt in Heath's eyes, but he nods in agreement anyway. I walk towards the exit.

"Wait, you're not going to change back?" Heath interrogates.

"Nah, it's always hot in there, and I just wanna get the full feeling." I exaggerate. I look down not meeting his gaze. My eyes land on my Smile bracelet, and the black diamond ring from New Years. I take off the ring, and the bracelet. "Here." I hold out the stunning ring.

"What am I suppose to do with it?" Heath asks offended.

"Ahh I don't know, but I can tell that it was really expensive. I can't take it from you."

"Well it's not going to fit me, even if I wanted it. Just keep it, it won't hurt you."

"Fine." I groan. "You're very annoying."

"I've heard." I walk back to my locker, and safely tuck in the two pieces of jewellery.

"Take mine too." Heath says handing me his matching black diamond ring. I sneak it in beside mine.

"Okay. Let's go." I walk out before he could question me any further. I walk past the main corridor before entering the crowded arena. It was exactly the same as I left it when I was nineteen. The lights shone brighter than ever, and the crowd was more pumped than I've seen ever before. This was my home, once. I couldn't be more happy to be back for one last time.

I didn't want Heath to fight alone, but he was being stubborn. If he wasn't okay with a duo than he doesn't get to fight alone in my arena. I do. His head is already messed up from the accident, and I can't afford to let him get hurt even more. I take Heath's hand in mine, and pull him closer to the ring through the crowd. There was a solo going on between Kevin Knight and Jarred Pole.

I remember them both from earlier fights of mine. Both of them are strong fighters, but lack in planning. They're moves aren't worth anything if they don't know when to use them. Kevin was on top of Jarred right now, for the only reason being, Kevin was physically stronger.

The referee Natalie blows the whistle. I also remember her from before. Kevin backs up leaving Jarred gruesomely fractured. After Jarred takes a stance, Natalie announces Kevin as the winner; not forgetting to mention his next fight against Louis Champ. "Our next fight is a duo. Harjas and Devon versus Heath and our very own long lost number one fighter Ivy Knight!" Duo? Damn. I love Chubby!

The whole stadium burst out in the chant of Ivy's name. I start making my way to the ring. "Duo?" Heath questions in my ear.

"Chubby Kubby is my friend, soo yeah." I smile. I walk in through the metal detector. Jack had a case with a knife once, so Chubby got this installed for security. I make my way to the middle of the ring where our opponents were already waiting.

"They're very high tech here." Heath comments. I nod. Both the opponents were bigger than me, but the same size as Heath.

"Welcome back, Ivy." Natalie greets me. I smile back in response. She speaks into the mic. "Okay, everyone knows the rules. Make your bets, and choose wisely. It is former number one champion against current number one champion." I grin. This is going to be fun. I hope... "Who's going up first?" Natalie asks all four of us.

"Me." I think Harjas answers. He wasn't built. He had some abs, that weren't too defined. His arms were thick and muscular, but I still don't think they'd be strong enough to take Heath down.

"Heath." I reply. I could feel Heath grinning behind me.

"Okay, then. The rules are simple once you tag your partner out they cannot tag themselves back in." All of us nod in acknowledgement. I make my way out of the ring. I turn back around, and notice Heath's confident stance as Natalie blows the whistle.

Harjas tries to throw the first punch, but Heath dodges. Heath then aims for Harjas' lower abdomen. Harjas groans in pain. Heath backs up giving room for Harjas to pull himself together.

The punch was so impactful that the aftermath was already showing. Once Harjas gains his stance, Heath doesn't waste another second sending a rhythm of punches his way. The crowd starts booing. They're just upset they betted for the wrong person. By the third blow Harjas was down, and Devon climbed in the ring to tag Harjas out. The referee blows her whistle, and Heath backs away from Harjas.

Their manager, who looked around his fifties, helps Harjas out. Devon looked more broad than Heath, but for some reason I couldn't force myself to tag Heath out without giving him a chance to fight Devon first. Heath comes my way, and looks down at me from leaning his chest against the ropes. "What's up?" I ask.

"They asked for a time out."

"Oh. Do you need water?" I ask noticing his heavy breathing.

"No, I'll be fine." Heath assures.

"Thirty more seconds!" Natalie let's us know.

"Princess, if you end up having to fight I swear I'm gonna punish you for it." Heath threatens.

"You need me to punish me." I grin.

"You can't hide forever." He turns around to leave.

"Watch me!" I yell. His upper back compresses, and expands from his chuckling. Heath shakes his head as Natalie gives the two fighters both a nod before blowing the whistle.

Heath throws the first punch, and misses his target due to Devon's fast reflexes. Heath goes in for another punch, but misses. In the process Devon uses one of my moves by grabbing Heath's arm. He twists it behind his back, and elbows Heath in the shoulder. Heath falls on his knees as he groans in pain.

Devon backs away from him. He should've beaten Heath. What is he doing? At that thought Devon's eyes meet mine. He wants me to fight him. Heath takes a weak stand. Without a second thought, I climb up onto the ring signalling the referees whistle to blow. Heath holds onto his shoulder with his left hand, and turns around to face me.

Anger and frustration was evident on his face. "I could have handled him."

"I know buddy." I exaggerate," It's just time for you to take a rest, and let me handle it."

He doesn't argue as he walks past me, and out of the ring. "Are you guys ready?" Natalie asks. I nod. I lift my hands in front of my face forming them into fists. The whistle blows once again.

"Remember me?" Devon grins shuffling in his spot.

"No." I respond.

"How would you? I was just one of the people you and your boyfriend, Jack, beat so brutally. But I see you've found another boy toy? Was Jack getting too boring?" He teases. I chuckle before aggressively landing one of my weak punches on his nose.

"Ugh." He groan clutching his noises. Blood started to drip. I shake my hand from the light impact. "Is that the best you've got?" He asks spitting on the ground.

"No, but I can't believe you're trying use the distraction card to beat me. If it's already not that obvious let me tell you that it's not working." I smile.

His jaw tightens, and his face turns a deep shade of red. He arches his arm forward, and I dodge to the side. He rapidly sends punches my way. I either dodge or block them all, and get him to stop after I land a punch on his upper left side. I back away from. My lungs begging for air. I wait for his response. His eyes lift up to meet mine.

The fury glazed on his eyes send chills down my back. I wipe the sweat off my face, and step forward only increasing his violent rage. I throw a punch his way, but he dodges. In seconds, his eye's catch something making his lips curl into a grin. I look down to my left shoulder. I realize what he was thinking, and my head snaps back up.

I find myself screaming out of agony. Before I could see what was happening he lands another punch on my gun wound, and I scream again this time falling on the ground. I grab my shoulder with my right hand, and see blood clotting the now not so white bandage. "Are you already done?" Devon taunts.

I slowly get up from my knees. I try to roll my left shoulder, but all that did was send a string of pain down my back left side. Money, Riley. You need the money. "You should have never done that." I reply in pure anger.

I throw a punch his way with my right hand. He dodges to my left, so I lift my left leg striking him on the left rib cage. He grabs his side, and I take this moment to land another punch on his face. He falls landing flat on his back. I could feel the ring vibrate from the crowds sound waves. I straddle him and land a few more punches. I stop right when I hear the whistle blow.

I look down at the aftermath, and smile. "Next time don't push me. Who know's what side of me you'll release then." I warn him. I get off him, and lend out a hand. He ignores it getting up himself. Heath and I stand on the left side of Natalie while Devon and Harjas stand on her right. "And our number one fighter takes the win easily sweeping the floor with Devon's blood!" Natalie announces and I half heartedly laugh due to the pain rushing through me. "Ivy Knight, and Heath are the winners for this duo!"

I could hear the audience chanting Heath and Ivy's name. "Congratulations Ivy." Natalie congratulates me once again.

"Thank you." I reply heading out of the ring. I rush into the bathroom. I could feel my head spinning.

"Riley!" Heath comes in as I take a seat. "Riley?" Heath crouches down in front of me as I breathe deeply. "Here." He hands me a water bottle. I take a few sips before handing it back. "You good?" He asks a few minutes later.

"Yeah." I nod. "My shoulder though."

"It's the stitches. Let me go get our bag. I'll stitch you back up." He smiles. I watch him exit. The door opens again, but Devon and Harjas are the ones to walk in.

Devon clearly notices me, but they both ignore my presences as they change back into their clothes. I wasn't trying to be a creep, but the bruises were started to form around their body. They walk out just as Heath enters. "They didn't say anything to you, did they?" He asks while taking out the equipment.

"No." I force a smile. "Are you okay?" I ask.

"Yeah. It's just going to leave a bruise." He takes off the bandage, and the stitches were all out. The blood was drying up now. The wound wasn't as deep as it was when I first got shot, but it was still deep making it take longer to heal than it would've. He takes out the stitches, and I ignore the stinging sensation as he puts in new ones.

"I told you not to tag me out."

"He was challenging me. And what makes you think I would go away from here without at least one fight?" He cuts the thread off and presses down on the fresh cut with his thumb.

"Ah! Fuck!" I swat his hand away. "You need to stop taking advantage of my vulnerabilities." I scold.

"And you need to start caring about yourself."

"Apparently I have you to do that for me." I retort. He doesn't reply, and starts packing everything up again. Okay...

I take our clothes out of the locker. After half an hour, and some unnecessary chuckling I'm finally fully clothed. Heath and I walk out of the change room making our way to the main desk. "Chubby where's my money?" I grin.

"Right here." He smirks handing me a load of cash. My eye's widen at the amount of cash. "Three grand cutting my half." He replies

"Whow. Thanks." I

"You guys deserve it. You both fought well." He compliments.

"Thank you so much Noel. I hope it's not too much to ask for, but please don't tell anyone else Ivy or Riley was here."

"I've got your back Riley. Just be safe. Both of you." He looks back at Heath. Heath nods.

"We should go." Heath suggests.

"Bye Chubby." I smile.

"Bye Ivy. Be back?"

"I don't know." I shrug sadly. I won't lie it was fun feeling so high off adrenaline. I turn around, and make my way to our car with Heath. "Here." I try to hand Heath the cash.

"Uh-uh. We both know I cannot be responsible for this." He declines.

"Okay." I smile. I take the money, and hide it in one of the bag's pockets.

"Where'd you wanna go?" Heath asks.

"Some where down town. Most of the sketchy people stay down there, and so the police just leaves them alone." I reply. It's kind of rude, but it's true.

"Okay." One hour of driving, fifteen minutes of walking, and a dinner stop at Subway we sign into a small motel down town. It was only fifty dollars a night for one bedroom, so we took it.

"Let me shower first." Heath begs as I throw our bag on the ground, and flop onto the bed.

"Anything you'd like." I mumble keeping my eyes shut. I hear our bag unzip, and the bathroom door close.

I lay on the bed with my eyes closed, and soak in the pain my body was currently going through. After twenty minutes, Heath comes out of the bathroom. I sit up on the bed to find him half naked.

His lower half was covered by his white towel, and an imprint was visible. Fuck! I trace my eyes up following the water droplets on his flawless skin. I meet his chocolaty eyes right after I see his lips form into a smirk. "Go take a shower." Heath scoffs amused. I roll my eyes, and walk into the shower after grabbing my things.

My mind was thoughtless the whole time I was in the hot shower. The hot water soothed my bruises, and made me feel better. I couldn't say the same for my shoulder when I was trying to wear my clothes.

I exit the bathroom precisely half an hour later. As I stood at the door frame of the bathroom, I scan the room, and stop at a certain someone's bare back. At that moment he slips one of his t-shirts. Darn it! Heath faces me.

His hair was still damp. Since it wasn't combed up, some of his hair hid his forehead dripping of small water droplets. The shirt he was wearing was loose, but his biceps were on full display. The veins coming out and tracing down his forearm made me want him in so many ways.

I look back up at him, and notice his lips. The lips that so pleasantly creased mine on New Years. I want him so bad right now. I don't know if I'll ever get the opportunity to tell him how feel. And I don't feel like telling him after I get thrown in jail. I just want to feel happy for one night. If he doesn't feel the same he'll stop. I hope he doesn't.

I walk up to him, and stop one foot away. "Wha-" I crash my lips against his before he could continue. His lips take over in an instant. I wrap my arms around his neck as his hands make their way around my back.

The way his tongue explored my mouth as it was his to declare made me moan, and I could feel him smirk against my lips. His lips leave mine, and crash right back down on my neck. Gently kissing, and nibbling he pleasures me in so many ways he doesn't even know.

I start walking back as he walks forward. The back of my knees meet the bed, and I fall back. Heath climbs on top of me. His lustful eyes scanned me lusciously. I reach up for him, and pull him down my running my hands throw his moisturised hair. "Ri- mm." I crash my lips onto his to make him stop talking.

"What?" I breathe out as his hands make their way under my shirt.

"I-" kiss," don't-" I push him away. He sighs. "I don't think we should do this. It's not right."

He backs away, and stands up. "What are you talking about? Isn't this what you want? You can't just tell me all this time we've spent together, and you don't even feel the slightest bit attracted to me?" Tears were threatening their way out.

"Riley. We can't. I'm not good for you. I don't deserve you."

"You deserve everything that makes you happy. Do I make you happy?" I stand up facing him now.

"Riley." His voice forceful. "I don't like you. I'm just trying to help. You are like every other girl out there. You're no different I'm saving you from crying tomorrow morning, because if we have sex now I will only pretend like it never happened. I'm like that. You should know me by now. I'm a player. That's what I do!" He hisses. I back away terrified from his distant behaviour. My eyes watered, and tears slid down my cheeks.

When I couldn't take his intense gaze any more I lower my eyes to the ground. "I don't know why you're being like this. You never said that you don't like me, but I don't even know if that means something or not." I clear my throat as my voice cracks. "I see something in you that I didn't want to. I don't know how it happened, but it did. I can't get rid of my feelings, but I can suppress them." I look at him, and he turns his back to me. I wipe my tears away, and take my gun out of the bag. I tuck it in my back, and also take a pocket knife putting it in my jean's back pocket. The last thing I grab is the car's key. "I'm sorry if I hurt you. I just need time to myself now. Alone, I might come back later tonight or in the morning. I'll be safe." I assure him.

I grab my hoodie, and walk out of the room without turning around to look back. No matter how much I tried the tears just wouldn't stop, so I stopped trying to wipe them away. I make my way to the car, and drive myself to a place I haven't visited since I was fourteen.

I arrive at the cemetery forty minutes later. I make my through the ghostly place, and stop at a familiar grave. Felicity King a loving mother and wife. Nineteen seventy five until two thousand seven.

I kneel down not caring about the layer of fresh snow soaking through my clothes. "I'm sorry mom." The tears start once again. "I know it wasn't your fault that you left, and I know that you tried everything to keep me away from dad. I hated you for that." I take a breath. "I-I'm so sorry. I was naive, I didn't know that you were just trying to protect me. After I realized that, I should've come and apologized earlier, but I was so ashamed of myself. I, your own daughter, who you did so much for, hated you for the wrong reasons. I hope you can forgive me? I also want to apologize for not bringing anything for you. I couldn't afford flowers today, but I promise I'll come back with tons next time." I smile. I frown when I don't get a response. It was a tomb I was talking to, and reality was giving me a very hard time. "Well, I met a guy this year. He's a great guy mom, but he doesn't know it. He let me down tonight. I thought maybe he felt the same way as I did. I just wanted to be happy mom. I just wanted to be with someone who felt right. After dad gruesomely murdered Jack, I thought I could never love again. I was wrong. I fell in love with a guy who couldn't even see how passionately he cared about me, how carelessly his words; his childish behaviour made me so happy. Every second I spend with him makes me want to live life to the fullest. The worst part is he thinks that he's not good for me. Maybe he isn't, but no one's good for anyone. Love just happens. I never admitted that I loved him, but it wasn't that well hidden either. I guess I was scared of him releasing the words I don't love you. I don't know if I can take that. I don't know what to do any more. I've never felt this vulnerable since Jack was taken from me. I don't wanna feel that way again. It was torture. It felt like I was trapped in a box full of needles, and every few seconds a needle from any direction would come in always hitting my heart. Repeatedly, over and over again and it wasn't stopping until one day I tried to stop it. I didn't feel anything that day, but when I came back the whole box collapsed on me. Needles seared their way through my skin from every direction. I walked around feeling those needles penetrate through me twenty four seven. I got used it after a while, and it took me four years. Four years, mom. To take each and every needle out. Four years felt like an eternity. I can't go back. I'm petrified. Did I make a mistake exposing my feelings to Heath?" I lay down on her tomb. "I'm so sorry, mom. You were great to me. I love you, and I miss you. I just want you back." I whimper quietly until my mind stops thinking. Slowly, I get pulled into a deep sleep under the cold crisp air.

*********

"Riley?" I feel someone shaking me. "Riley?" I peel my eye's open, and instantly feel as if I've slept in a freezer.

I sit up and look around the cemetery. The sun was now out. "____ what are you doing here?" I ask my voice cracking.
(A/N: Fill in the blank!^)

"Have you slept here all night? What happened to you?" He looked so worried.

"I-I-" he crashes me with a hug before I could finish. I melt under his warmth, and cry out my sorrows.

"Riley. I don't know what happened, but I love you. Just remember that promise." He speaks into my ear. Before I could respond I feel a pinch on the side of my neck.

I back away from him sitting on the ground. I put my hand on my neck. "____ what was..." My eyes start to feel heavy, and my head spins around. I fall back, but his arm catches me. I feel his other arm slip under the back of my knees, and now I was being carried to who knows where.

"I'm sorry." I could hear the begging tone in his voice. I trusted him.

A/N:

When you skip Empire to write:$ Fill in the blank, Peeps! Explain why you think it's him & what motives does he have?! Hope you liked this chapter! It's very long!
That means only one chapter left!

Everything is revealed, and unravelled in the next chapter. I'll be crying while I write it. I can't wait for my mind to write down the ending I've always imagined! Hope you guys like the book so far, and that the ending doesn't disappoint you guys!

Vote-Comment-Follow-Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

305K 9K 61
"I wouldn't mind watching you. Maybe we could tan together this summer." He suggested. "Without having tan lines." I could feel the smirk playing on...
137K 4.6K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
538K 14.9K 39
"Leave the heels on,"he said as he pulled my hair to the side and bit down on my ear. I could not help but moan.He was only in his boxers and hard a...