Bad is an Understatement | ✓

By IvyKnightWP

"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen he... More

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Summary
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The start of Winter Break
Chapter 31: First Night
Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 33: Shopping!
Chapter 34: History
Chapter 35: The call
Chapter 36: Neighbours
Chapter 37: Is Santa here yet?!
Chapter 38: It's Christmas!
Chapter 39: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 41: Hide
Chapter 42: Road Trip
Chapter 43: More Time
Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry
Chapter 45: Happy New Year!
Chapter 46: Canada?!
Chapter 47: Home
Chapter 48: One
Chapter 49: Keeping Your Enemies Close
Epilogue
FOLLOW AMORA NEXT

Chapter 40: No more lies

120K 4.1K 499
By IvyKnightWP

Okay Riley just calm down. Just listen to Heath. Heath paid for a hotel down town and is currently in the kitchen talking to Dylan on the phone. It's only been an hour since everything happened.

I sat there impatiently as Heath went on with his conversation. Both our clothes started to dry off, and I guess that they'll have to be our pj's for the night as well. He finally ends the call and comes towards me. "Did you bring your phone?"

"Yeah." I say. I reach into my pocket and give it to him. He walks over to the balcony and I follow him. Before I could figure out what he was doing, he throws both of our phones down.

"Heath!" I shriek," Why would you do that?!" He walks back in and I follow him. "Heath you can't just walk around like I'm not here. You need tell me the truth. No more lies."

"I did everything to keep you away from all of this, but you being you ruined everything."

"I ruined everything?! I saved your life. That guy could've killed you!"

"Then you wouldn't have killed him!" I look at the anger through his eyes. "You don't even know how hard it'll be for me if something happened to you because of me. You killed that guy because of me." He states.

"I killed that guy because I had to. You didn't make me do anything. I'm the one responsible for his death. I'm the one who followed you there." I say looking down at my wet shoes. "Just tell me the truth." I beg. A hot tear slips down my cheek.

"Riley it's the man that killed my parents. I've been tracking him for years and he agreed to meet me last night, but he didn't show. Instead he got someone else to try and kill me."

"And that's exactly why I followed you. You spiked my water! You're lucky I was there."

"I know I was, but you weren't."

"Heath you shouldn't care about me." I frown.

"It's too late, Princess." He says softly. I look up at him, but his head was looking down.

Change the subject before the either of us says something we don't want to. "What's the plan? Are we just going to stay here without our phones or money?"

"The plan is to lay low for a while. I'm going to withdraw some cash and talk to Dylan using a payphone. No one and I mean no one, can know where the four of us are. I don't even know where Dylan and Jen are, and they don't know where we are either."

"What are we up against?"

"Rich, filthy, and evil people."

"Okay." I shrug. I've gotten myself involved in this shit, so I can't really complain about it. That and I will most definitely not let Heath take the blame for that guy's death.

"Riley?"

"Mhm?"

"I'm sorry." His voice more quiet than usual.

"I told you it's not your fault, but if apologizing helps you sleep at night then you're forgiven for doing absolutely nothing wrong." I weakly smile. Heath turns around to leave, but groans in pain as he grabs his chest. "Heath!" I gasp.

"I-I'm okay." He breathes out. I roll my eyes and turn him around so I can see all the dry blood covering his face.

"Just sit down here. Don't move and more importantly don't complain." I strictly state before heading to the main bathroom. I go through the cupboard, and grab the first aid box.

I sit down beside Heath on the sofa. I take out a cotton ball, and put some medicine on it before I start cleaning the wounds on his face.

Why is he not telling me everything? Does he not trust me? I've done so much for him. Why can't he just stop risking his life? I can't tell him to back away, I don't have the right to, but if he's not going to stop then I can't leave him on his own either.

"Riley." Heath winces and I get a little startled.

"Sorry." I apologize when I put together that he winced because I was pressing too hard. After I'm done cleaning the cuts on his face, it's time for his chest. "Time to take off your shirt." I say as if his eight pack is not going to affect me.

He slowly removes his shirt, and his defined abs are revealed. I take a new cotton ball and dab it on his wound cleaning it. I try to focus my eye's on his cuts, but they trail down his eight pack. They're so defined. "Like something you see?" Heath smirks.

I clear my throat finding it hard to come up with words to say. " Can't come up with your own line now can you?"

"My personal lines are right here. They're my favourite by the way, they never fail to impress." He points at his abs and whispers the last part into my ear. A smile appears on my face at the level of his cockiness. Man does he know how to cheer up a girl. "There's the smile I like." He smiles.

"Ha. Ha. You made me smile. Big deal." I throw the cotton balls away. "Put your shirt on. I'm done." I announce. I wait for him to put his shirt back on,but he just raises his eyebrows at me.

"We're going to bed aren't we?" Heath asks. I nod," Then? I don't know about you, but I definitely do not wear a shirt when I sleep."

"You wore one when we slept together?..." I mention.

"Yeah now I'm sleeping alone." He shrugs.

"Okay. You know what? I shouldn't even care you sleep in your room and I'll sleep in mine." I walk back over to the bathroom and tuck the first aid box back in its spot.

"Okay I'm going to bed. You should too." Heath suggets. Sleep? I swallow a lump in my throat.

I leave the kitchen lights on and head to my room. I tuck myself in, praying that I can actually get some sleep.

*********

Heath's POV

*********

It's three am and I haven't been able to get any sleep. Why the fuck did Riley have to come?! I prefer dying over getting Riley screwed. She's my responsibility now and I can't let her get in any more trouble because of my mistakes.

"Dad please, don't I'll do anything for you. Whatever I've done I've always done for you!" I hear Riley yell in fear from her room. I immediately rush towards her. "P-please! Dad! Please! He was stupid just give him another chance! Please!.... I have to do something h-he's going to pull the trigger. H-he's going to die." Riley repeats.

Did I do this to her? Is her remembering something about her dad, my fault? I couldn't help, but feel guilty looking at her helpless condition.

"Riley," I try to shake her awake. "Riley! Dammit Riley wake up!" I yell. Her body burning hot and sweat was visible on her skin.

"NO!" She shrieks in utter pain. She wakes up panting for air. Tears flood down her cheeks.

"Riley." I pull her into a hug as she starts sobbing. Her heart was pounding against her chest and I could feel every single beat.

"I-I d-didn't- H-he I-I'm so sorry." She sobs.

I pull her out of the hug. "Riley," I say pushing a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "You shouldn't be sorry. You did nothing wrong, okay?" I wipe her tear, but she shakes her head terrified.

"I-I," She pants," J-Jack-" Where does Jack fit into all of this?

"Riley, hey? We'll talk about this in the morning. Okay? Just get some sleep." I tuck her back in. "Shhh." I pat her forehead. After a while, she calms down. I lean down and kiss her forehead.

Why is so beautiful, brave, and so unique?... Why do I feel something more towards her than just friends. I've tried to kiss her before I don't know why, but the feeling that somewhere she wanted it too made me ecstatic. She did hesitate sometimes, but she didn't back away. Heath no. All you've caused her is pain. Since she's been here all you've done is make her cry. I remind myself. I clench my jaw in anger.

I turn around to leave, but a warm grip on my wrist stops me. I turn around and look down at Riley. "P-Please don't go." She begs.

I give her a half hearted smile before climbing in beside her. She moves over and lets me settle in before she rests her head on my chest. I wrap my arm under and behind her back forcing her closer to me. "I promise." Riley sighs before falling into a deep sleep.

I caused Riley this pain. I think to myself before I fall asleep, terrified of how this story could end.

A/N:

I want you guys to guess what happens next! Comment and I can't wait to see what your imaginations come up with!

I really don't know what to say about you guys. You are just amazing and I love your guys' support.

It's Thanksgiving weekend so I wanted to update to show that I appreciate every single one of you who read or reads this book. You all mean a lot to me. I never ever thought that my book would every get more than ten views, but it did and I wanted to Thank You from the bottom of my heart.

THANK YOU SO EFFIN MUCH!!!!

Vote-Comment-Follow-Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172 41 12
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
78.3K 6.6K 45
|not edited| "You have to take off your clothes and look sexy." "Wait what??" "Did you think modeling was easy? ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ Acting al...
9.2M 422K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...
171 3 14
SHORT CHAPTERS ------ He rips my phone from my hand again and puts it behind him. "Tell me how it works then." "We have to kiss." He looks at me for...