Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Indecisions

1.5K 90 24
By bookie032

"Difficulties strengthen the mind, as labour does the body." - Seneca

Ears numbed by the beat of her heart, Katherine stood still as she felt the knife inch closer to her fur, almost making her skin sizzle at its distance; the knife made of silver. Taking a deep breath, Katherine did not cease to glare at the human before her, aware that she could be outmatched despite herself being a Non-Mortal.

As the seconds passed by, her door clicked and swung open, but neither of them took their eyes off the other; anger resided inside her as she growled out loud enough for her body to make the knife quiver. She clenched her fist as neither grey nor hazel parted from the other, sparks sizzling in between them.

"Lancaster," a familiar voice spoke as Katherine kept her eyes on this small one, "At ease," the hazel eyed teen obeyed as she retracted her knife from Katherine's neck then took a step back to give her space, enough for Katherine to look behind her, "Sorry about that Wilson."

Katherine glared at him, "Ford, what's the meaning of this?"

He did not respond and merely offered her an apologetic look, before he stepped to the side and made way for someone else; the headmaster stepped into view with her head held high as Ford saluted her as soon as she entered the room. Katherine stiffened her back at her piercing red eyes as much as she felt the rage inside her build, but held herself back.

"I see that you two have met," Madame Hyde spoke as she went further in and looked at both of them, "I'm sure you have questions about her being here."

Katherine gritted her teeth and glanced at the other girl for a minute, "You have no idea."

"Since I cannot ascertain the probability of yourself going rogue from deviant behaviours," Madame Hyde spoke as she turned to the hazel eyed teen, "I have assigned Alexis Lancaster to be your handler."

Katherine growled and snapped her attention to the headmaster, "Handler?"

"She will handle you should your behaviour go south," Madame Hyde explained as Katherine once again looked at Alexis, who remained silent like a soldier obeying orders; her eyes were listlessly observing everything like a hawk. "She is capable of executing you even at the tender age of thirteen."

Katherine turned to her, "She's of the clan?"

"Well, I should let you two get acquainted," she told her without acknowledging her question then turned about to walk out the room with Ford trailing behind her. As the door closed, Ford frowned as if to apologise before the door clicked shut, leaving both teens alone.

Alexis walked towards her and glared her down with a slightly playful smirk in play whilst Katherine reciprocated the glare. She growled at her as Alexis examined her top down before looked away in respect of her target; she hid her knife in her boots whilst Katherine proceeded to change into her pyjamas.

"Just so we're clear," Alexis spoke as she leant against the wall whilst Katherine dressed herself, "My orders are to execute you onsite - whenever and wherever you are," she explained to her as Katherine plopped on her bed nearly uninterested in what she was saying, "But at the same time, I'm also here to help you whenever you can't stand on your own."

Katherine sighed into human form, "Yeah, whatever."

"Well, I'll leave you to your rest," Alexis told her as she turned for the door, "By the way," she spoke softly as Katherine leered up to her - she still disliked the idea of her being here, "You feel odd," she tried to explain as Katherine tilted her head slightly as her anger partially subsided, "Like you're not you somehow."

Katherine narrowed her eyes, "What do you mean?"

"I'm not certain," Alexis admitted as she stood in front of the door and held the handle, "But it's not really something I can explain."

Before Katherine could even query, the door opened and closed in almost an instant which left her alone to her thoughts; she scoffed at her disappearance as she rubbed her temples for a moment. What a strange girl, she thought as she pulled her duvet up and stared at the ceiling, only to realise that the lights were still on. Reluctantly, she sat up but felt her body too cold to stand up and decided to lie back down, then pull a pillow over her head - far too lazy to get up.

The softness of the pillow soon rendered her asleep, allowing the darkness to take over as soon as it covered the light. As Katherine emerged into her realm of dreams, she only found darkness; not a single speck of light to a point that even her body was engulfed by the abyss -making her appear phantasmal.

Where am I? she wondered as she took a step into the void.

Well if it isn't the wolf from a week ago, the darkness spoke to her as she searched the abyss for this voice.

What?

And she can hear me here too! Fascinating!

What are you talking about?

But still a little too oblivious, what a shame.

Huh?

Ugh, dear child are you that stupid to not know anything?

Where am I?

How odd. You don't know where you are yet you willingly came here.

How?

A figure in white entered the darkness - the voice manifested itself - and stood tall in front of her with broad shoulders as the figure in white, faceless and sleek, offered a hand to her. Katherine stood there and examined the being for a second, trying to understand what it was trying to tell her, but her brain could not come up with an answer.

Wait, this is just a dream.

A dream you say? How intriguing.

I can just conjure you away.

Katherine tried to banish the figure and the darkness, but no matter how much she willed them away, they did not disappear, which left her to think everything out of the ordinary. Taking a step back, Katherine tried to look down at her body and lifted her hands to only the darkness even as the figure's light illuminated her completely.

You are a fascinating wolf, I dare say, the figure spoke as it crossed its arms as though examining her, Since you're already here, why don't you and I play a game?

A game?

Yes, but it won't be that hard.

If I refuse?

Then I shall depart. I have no interest in you other than the fact that you came here on your own accord.

It took Katherine a second to take in her words and asked herself, what does she mean by that? The question boggled her mind as she tried to find a concrete explanation to what this being meant. Was she not in her own mind? Or better yet, in her own body?

Well, since you're uncooperative, I shall bid you adieu, the figure bowed and turned about, pacing away as Katherine reached out to her.

Wait! She called out as the figure looked over its shoulder, I'll play.

Excellent! This will be so interesting!

On one condition, Katherine bargained as the figure tilted its head as if waiting for her to go on, I want you to tell me what's exactly going on here.

Alright, I accept, the figure responded hastily as Katherine approached the figure that sat down, where Katherine also did the same. They sat in front of the other a meter apart as the figure kept its arms across its body as though amused. I want you to think of the person you care about most.

What?

I'm beginning to think you're stupider than you look.

I'm sorry?

Can you not understand me enough to do as I say? I merely asked you to think of the person you care about most or if you're truly uncertain of its meaning I'll say it simply: think of the person you love the most in your earthly world.

Taking a deep breath, Katherine nodded and thought about the person she loved most; as she searched her mind, a shaky, bubble-like window suddenly sprang from behind the figure where it showed nothing like a blank sheet of paper. She stared at the bubble as she thought how oddly magnificent it was, before it split itself into three smaller bubbles.

What are those?

Your mind has spoken.

What do yo-

Before Katherine could even ask what the figure meant, faces suddenly emerged from the bubbles, all of them she knew. They were all in different settings, two in their respective quarters whilst the third one was in a car next to her lover - a person she really looked up to and respected, but envied all together.

These three are the people you love the most no?

H-how did you know?

Your mind has spoken, but, your heart has not been set.

What do you mean?

You love all three of them. Romantically, I dare say.

That's a lie! Katherine protested hastily as she stood up with clenched fists, Master Thesa isn't someone I have romantic feelings for!

If that's what you say, the figure nodded as the bubble suddenly burst and as it did, Thesalia emerged from the bubble coughing loudly as she fell onto the abyssal floor as though she had been drowning, which made Katherine rush towards her, but her legs refused to move as though they were cemented in place. Then she does not matter to you.

What are you saying?!

I am free to kill her then, the figure stated as it stood up and approached Thesalia, then gripped her throat in the blink of an eye and raised her up high, Will you cry if I do? The figure taunted as it reared its other arm like a spear, ready to pierce her. But I'm sure you won't, it spoke as its grip tightened around Thesalia's neck, who began to struggle uncontrollably in its hold, Because you don't love her after all.

Stop! Katherine protested as she tried her hardest to force herself to move, Don't hurt her!

Is that not love speaking?

Yes! Katherine admitted as she looked away for a second before she faced the being with determined yet resentful eyes, I love her! she exclaimed as she tried to force her feet to move, even trying to pull them out of place just to move, But I can't have her, she looked away as she felt utterly useless whilst she clenched her jaw at the sound of her former master's gasps for air.

I love her like a mother and I fell for her kindness, she admitted as she heard her heartbeat resound her feelings, But I don't want to take that kindness for granted, she explained as she stood tall and faced this being with a frown, So I gave up on those feelings.

Honest words, the figure laughed out loud as she let got Thesalia, who vanished into thin air, For that you've removed a piece of your past emotion, it explained as it snapped its fingers and freed Katherine from its frozen shackles, Doesn't it feel utterly nice? To be free?

Anger riding her chest, she roared out loud and tried to tackle the figure, but it teleported just a step away from her, which made her fall face first onto the abyssal floor. Darting her eyes at the figure, she got up and held her stance, merely glaring daggers at this nearly impossible opponent.

What do you want from me?

Nothing really, I just find you honestly entertaining.

Why me?

Why you? What kind of question is that? The figure queried as took a step back as the bubbles suddenly appeared behind it once more. Now, which of these two do you really love? It queried as it lifted a hand on the right bubble, Oriana Dawson, the beautiful, clever and powerful Morphling? Then it lifted another hand on the left bubble, Or Hailey Shepard, the tantalising blue-haired Faerie with an incredible personality?

Standing there, Katherine heard her heartbeat inside her head like a drum that intensified the atmosphere; she could not quite understand the purpose of this game, nearly gritting her teeth in vex as the bubbles hovered up and down as though trying to weigh the importance of the other.

Looking at Ori, Katherine felt her heart prick at the sight of her sleeping face, at how she held onto her cute bear printed handkerchief as she slept sideways with the moonlight shining her blonde curls silver. She was beautiful even when she was sick, but she has always been that beautiful even before she arrived.

Turning to the other bubble, Katherine looked at the sleeping expression on Hailey's face at how peaceful she was as much as she can already see a glint on the small open of her mouth, which told her that her drool was soon to escape, almost making her giggle at the sight of her cuteness, but chuckled instead; her blue hair almost looked white under the moonlight, but what caught most of her attention was her lips that often seemed to tempt her.

Looking at them alternatively, her heartbeat quickened as the bubbles continued to see-saw in front of her. The figure merely stared at her as if waiting for her to answer, but when its patience ran out, Katherine's eyes widened at the images inside the bubble; both of them were somehow writhing in pain with their eyes shut tightly whilst they held their throats as though they could not breathe.

Wait! Stop!

I am not a very patient being, wolf, the figure spoke as the two teens in the bubbles contorted uncontrollably in their beds, So, I suggest you pick one of them already, the figure slowly closed its palms which made both girls eyelids pop wide open as much as their mouths sprang wide as if to force air into themselves. Katherine stood there with clenched fist as adrenaline pumped her heart, unable to choose between the two of them.

As the seconds flew, the girls rolled back in forth in their bed as much as the veins on their eyeballs have erected themselves into greenish purple, which made Katherine, take a step forward as fear crept up her spine; not just for one of them, but for both. Looking down, she tried not to panic, but the echoes of her heartbeat prevented her from clearing her mind, now further jumbled into a thousand pieces, unsure who to save between the two of them.

Choose, wolf.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Miss Wilson!"

Raising her head from her desk, Katherine faced the board where she heard a soft giggle come from the class, but not from the teacher in front, who had his hands on his waist with a frown and soft glare on his round face.

"Would you like to excuse yourself to the restroom?" he queried as he began to face the whiteboard, "Or would you prefer to be rolled to the front to keep yourself from napping in my class?"

Katherine shook her head weakly, "Sorry, sir. It won't happen again."

"I'll let it slide for now," he nodded whilst he sighed softly then turned his head to the board and resumed writing some stuff on global climates. Katherine leant back into her wheelchair as she plopped her elbow on of the armrest before she rested her cheek on her knuckles; she was trying her best to stay awake.

Eyes weary from lack of sleep as she tried to keep them from falling down to a shut by shaking herself awake. Her body was cold as much as her face was pale; her mind wandering places other than the depths of the tectonic plates the teacher had been pointing out.

You're heart needs to choose and soon, it will.

These words echoed in her ears as the nightmare she lived in from last night came to mind; her palms almost breaking into sweat as she recalled that dreadful moment, at how she could not save both of them. The sight of their cold cadavers in front of her felt all too surreal that she was left frozen kneeling in front of both of them with eyes wide open as much as her jaw touched the abyssal floor; tears would not come out of her as hate roared inside her heart, begging for revenge that she could never attain.

Closing her eyes for a second, she took in a deep breath just to calm her mind, but the vivid images of their horrible fates came back in instant that made her clench her jaw tight as much as her fist closed; her mind was racing for an answer hoping to find one from the lack of it. The being she encountered never explained anything to her and merely laughed at her when she failed to answer.

What could it all be?

Katherine wondered and as she did, the bell rang which ended her current class, leaving her open for the lunch hour. Taking a deep breath, she began to roll her chair out the door next to her desk as several people did not bother to close it; most of them have been considerate for her and she often showed her thanks to them, greeting them whenever she could.

Rolling herself past the door, she smelt a familiar scent enter her range which made her raise her nose up to the ceiling as she tried to find where it came from; the sweet scent of cinnamon invaded her thoughts as she slowly veered her head to the left. The scent only grew stronger, nearer even, nearly making her heart leap with anticipation.

The crowd soon cleared and as if in slow motion, she saw Hailey walk down the hallway with a wide smile on her face as her blue hairs' curly tails bounced off her shoulders; her long slender legs strode towards her as her tucked fringe slowly fell to her eyes, where her long fingers brushed them off to the side.

Wow, Katherine mentally whispered as she gulped down the spit that had somehow built up in her throat. Hailey's cinnamon scent got closer and closer, and as it did, her nose picked up another scent - the smell of strawberries mixed with mint - soon entered her range, which made her curious and turned her head.

Much to her surprise, a familiar blonde with a toothy grin across her face strode towards her as well, garnering attention as she approached her. Ori wore her white polo proudly as much as the necktie swung from side to side with each step she took; blazer on her arm, she walked with her head held high, enough for Katherine to feel a little intimidated - hot even from just the look of her enticing blue eyes.

Choose, wolf.

The words echoed in her ears as she blinked her eyes at the recollection, which made her roll away from both of them; her heart echoed in her chest as she tried not to emit any emotion, aware that the fae can sense her. She rolled down the hallway in front of them, taking the way to the courtyard hoping not to see both of them; her mind would not be able to take it as flashbacks of last night came rushing back to her.

As she rolled herself towards the courtyard, she found herself gaining speed, almost as if she was being pushed by someone. Turning around, she saw a pair of listless hazel eyes looking straight as her light brown hair flowed just as a breeze blew; she blinked once as she tried to recall who this person was and when she saw the choker around her neck, at her nearly gothic Lolita outfit, she remembered.

"You look like shit," Alexis commented as she rolled her towards the gym's direction, "I didn't know Non-Mortals get panda-eyed when they don't sleep."

Katherine scoffed, "I don't really need sleep," she closed her eyes for a brief second, "I'm wolf - a night creature."

"You must be a pathetic wolf then," Alexis countered which made Katherine look up at her with an unconvincing glare as they almost reached the gym, "I wasn't supposed to come into contact with you at all," she told her; she pulled open the door for her, before she pushed her into the gym, "I was supposed to be unseen to the others, but someone asked to see you."

As they entered the gym, a familiar face greeted her, but with one of drowse and uninterested eyes; she had rings under them as she took a sip from what seemed like coffee just from the smell of freshly ground beans in the air. Alexis rolled her towards Jesslyn and stopped just in front of her before she disappeared to do her job, leaving the duo enough space for her not to hear whatever they had to talk about - something she was truly not interested in.

"You look shittier than me," Katherine spoke in a low voice, "What's got you up all night?"

Jesslyn dismissed her question, "The full moon is almost is a day from now, are you ready to walk again?"

"Oh yeah," Katherine whispered as she slapped her forehead gently, "I'm ready," she nodded as she slumped back into her chair, "But I lack the enthusiasm to show it."

Jesslyn nodded, "I can see that," she examined her carefully before returning to her clipboard, "Something wrong?"

"Bad dream," Katherine replied as she closed her eyes, "Why did you want to see me?"

Jesslyn took a sip from her coffee, "I'm apologising on behalf of Ford for the unannounced arrival of your dear friend," she told her as she rubbed her temples for a moment before allowing a sigh escape her lips, "Alexis is actually an intern for us courtesy of mom," she explained as she took a good long slurp of her coffee, "She will be here for a while, so better befriend her."

"Alright."

Jesslyn raised a brow, "Alright?" she looked at her from her clipboard, "Are you sure you're fine? Nothing to tell me at all?"

You're heart needs to choose and soon, it will.

"No, nothing," Katherine replied as Jesslyn examined her a second longer before she nodded, "I'm gonna go now, Jessie," she sighed as she placed her hands on the wheels and opened her eyes, "I want to take a short nap."

Nodding silently, Jesslyn watched Katherine roll herself out the gym as she heard a shuffle nearby, aware that Alexis was already tracking her; it made her wonder at some point why she had to be sent here, unless there was another meaning to her arrival. It can't be, Jesslyn thought as she shook her head and brushed the thought aside, resuming her examination of the guidelines for the upcoming challenge.

Meanwhile, Hailey lay spread eagle on the grass in the central garden where several students decided to camp there for the lunch hour, most of them with their eyes on their hand phones, but the minority into books; it astounded her for a moment that there were still several people who rent out books from the library in an age of E-books.

You're thinking about her again, why?

"Because I can."

Hailey, you should stay away from her rather than be the one to find trouble.

"She isn't trouble."

You say that now, only because you stubbornly believe yourself more than I.

Hailey merely rolled her eyes and turned sideways, away from the sun.

Have you not learnt anything from last time? From-

"I get it!" Hailey shouted in an outburst, springing upright in the process as several people looked at her, but she ignored their curious stares, "You don't have to keep reminding me," she looked away and stood up, then walked away with her bag slung over one shoulder. Pacing away, she walked without direction as her mind felt anger turn to sadness, then turn to grief.

A memory that was too important for her to forget.

Sighing out loud, Hailey held her temples as she found herself near the back entrance of the school, unsure how she got there when she was clearly heading towards their building. Looking at the tall gates, she saw two armed men in black SWAT-like outfits; upon closer examination, she can tell that both of them were not physically there, but were mere chants from the trail of essence behind them that were nearly invisible from the naked eye from afar.

Looking around, she gazed around hoping that nobody would see her as she began her pace towards the gate, only to be held by the arm and dragged further; she turned to her aggressor and saw a bun on her shaven head, before she pulled her arm from her grip. Hailey furrowed her brow at her mentor, who turned to look at her with a worried look in her eyes.

"You didn't have to drag me to talk to me," Hailey frowned at her with a bit of a peeved expression.

Narene hung her head, "I apologise," then looked up at her, "Are you aware that the full is this Sunday?"

"I'm well aware of that," Hailey nodded as she tried to sense her emotions, but Narene seems to be blocking her attempt, "Why what is this about?"

Narene nudge for her to follow, "I'm just worried for you."

"Worried?" Hailey raised a brow as she walked beside her, "Over what?"

Narene sighed as she stared at her for a good minute, then opened her mouth, but closed it once again as she lowered her gaze before eventually looking away. Hailey tilted her head in curiosity as she narrowed her brows, unsure what she wanted to tell her, but was certain that it was important.

They paced in slow silence as Hailey waited for her to speak, feeling her pulse rise for no apparent reason; she felt anxious, nervous, but most of all afraid - scared of what she might say from the way she was acting. The air was a little dry - not a single breeze blew - a bad sign that something was not right.

"You've been chosen among the five," Narene spoke in a near whisper and allowed a sigh to escape her lips, forcing her legs to halt in step, then turned to face her, "You should withdraw from the selection."

Hailey raised a brow, "Why?"

"Because," Narene replied as she prevent her lips from saying more.

Hailey prodded, "Because? This isn't some Harry Potter shit where a dragon is the first challenge is it?"

"No, nothing of that sort," Narene chuckled slightly as she ran her hand against her shaved head; an amused smile clear on her lips. "But trust me, just withdraw."

Before Hailey could prod further, Narene looked away with a nearly sullen look in her gaze before she walked away without another word. Hailey stood there and watched as her figure disappeared around the bend and wondered what she could possibly be saying. Surely she's just worried, she thought as she began to walk the opposite direction, replaying the whole scene inside her head.

I hope you heed her words, Hailey.

"Don't be ridiculous," Hailey scoffed lightly.

Alright, I won't, but at least keep your focus. You have to remember everything I've taught you.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Have you chosen, wolf?

How am I here again?

I told you the last time, by your own volition.

How? How is this possible?

It only takes common sense for you to figure that out.

Looking down, Katherine was once again spectral - a figure with no body but has their soul intact. The void once again welcomed her as the voice stood in front of her with a body similar to the last time she was there - one of pure light and guidance. But this particular figure lacked the latter.

Walking forward, Katherine walked past the figure and searched for another exit, believing there to physically be one. This can't possibly be the only thing in this... place, she thought as she kept pacing forward as she listened to her own soft footsteps, Is it?

As she paced forward, there was nothing in sight - not even a single speck of light to guide her way. As she kept going forwards, she looked over her shoulder and found the celestial figure behind her, stepping into the same pace as her as though observing her. Katherine did not wish to involve herself with this being, aware of the torture that would ensue if she interacts with its twisted games.

How long do you intend to walk? There's none there for you, the being spoke as Katherine ignored the voice, If you want an exit of this place you merely have to ask, the voice spoke as it halted Katherine's legs, which made her turn to it, Oh? Was that what you wanted to find? An escape?

Look, I just want to get out of here, alright? Katherine spoke calmly as she tried hard not to shout at this being, I don't want to be here and yet I find myself in this place even though all I did was fall asleep.

You don't get it do you?

Get what?

Nothing, the being replied as it took a step closer, I'll help you get out, the being offered as Katherine felt sceptic of it, You're interesting, but your kind is not welcome here as of now.

My kind? What are you saying?

I can't tell you and even if I could, I wouldn't, the being spoke as it took another step closer, but this time it gripped Katherine by the neck with one hand, then squeezed hard, Now, I shall bid you adieu, it told her as Katherine felt the grip of her hand despite her spectral form, I would tell you to stop coming back, but I know you're too dumb to figure it out on your own.

Before Katherine could even retort, her eyes closed to a shut as the gripped tightened ten folds in a matter of seconds. The pain felt all too surreal that it made her body struggle in her hold that felt like thick pinchers made of the finest steel. As she tried to break free from its hold, her eyes opened as she found herself jolting forward from the bed; her dimly lit room greeted her as much as the ticking of the clock.

Chest pumping hard, Katherine cupped her face as she tried to calm her beating heart as sweat trickled down the sides of her temples; fear resonated in the beat of her heart as she clenched her jaw as if trying to see if she was truly awake. Slowly, she lowered her palms and as her eyes adapted to the darkness, she saw the being in front of her as though mocking her before it vanished in an echo of a maniacal laughter.

Why is this happening to me?

Katherine questioned herself as much as she was trying to question her sanity - something that felt seemed to be slipping away. Staring at the open space, her breathing calmed whilst she wiped the sweat across her forehead; her body was warm - far too much for an average wolf. She stared at her desk and tried to shake the uncertainty in her bones; sleep seems to be eating at her, but even she had limits.

Lying back down, she stared at her ceiling as she contemplated on it all, wondering how and why she entered that dream state. Did she do something wrong? Ate something wrong? Or trespassed on someone? Surely she did not. Taking a deep breath, she sighed out loud as her brain found no answer within, only attaining more questions to her growing pile.

"It will all be better in the morning," she whispered to herself as she slowly slid her eyelids down, but was not too elated to welcome drowse, "I hope."

The night breeze blew against her closed window as the moon's waxing lit the rest of the institution. Cold was the night against her tan skin as she stood tall on the roof of the dorm, gazing at the moonlight, sensing a wide disturbance in the air; Alexis sat crossed legged on the ledge with her feet dangling as much as she ran laps with the black yoyo she had in her hand that stopped for at least a minute on its own with every throw.

This disturbance..., she wondered as she gazed into the forest, feeling a sinister presence residing in the east; the sound of the trees' rustling leaves overlapped her yoyo's whirling sound that made her roll it up and stand on the ledge. Gazing at the forest, her lips curved down as her hazel eyes kept its listlessness intact.

...What could this be?

~

~

A/N: Enter the protegee to Athena and Jesslyn's brilliance, Alexis Lancaster. How will she fare in the world of Non-Mortals (noms)? Will Katherine walk soon? What does her dream mean? Why did Narene persuade Hailey to drop out of the challenge?

Dedicated to YoloKindaGirl12 because she introduced me to a great character and guys if you love me (I know you do), you would go to her profile and read her book called Decisions. It's also like SoB, but its kind of a spin off (: I asked her for permission if I could use her character and she accepted ^^

ALSO, decided not to follow with the twitter account and instead, a FACEBOOK PAGE! Lol, sorry if its not twitter, I'm just more used to facebook. I'll put a link on my update profile as much as the external link on the page (: Hope you would follow me there ^^ I look forward to show you what's inside my head :3 lols

So, Vote, Comment, and Follow if you haven't; all support is appreciated (:

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97 24 13
Hey Yall! This is my first ever story in a public platform, so please bare with me.... It knows your secrets, and it will use them against you. It w...
116 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
104 1 19
Kendra Bane has just finished college and has returned home. To help her Dad with his business. When she gets home she realizes that wasn't the truth...
296K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...