Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Precautions

1.5K 87 37
By bookie032

Hailey is mine.

Head in a daze, Hailey stared blankly at her open notebook as her pen already left the light hold of her fingers. The sound of its fall on the smooth white stripes woke her from her brief recollection. Instead of picking up her pen, she placed her finger onto it and rolled it with her forefinger whilst her mind resumed its daydream.

Sighing, she cupped her face as she wiped it after with both hands; biting her lip as she tried not to sigh. Her mind cannot seem to erase those words that Katherine left with her two days ago; she was quite shaken by what she had done and claimed her, when it should have been the other way around.

Wolves can choose a mate, but they can also be refused - something that rarely happens when they have been bound.

Leaning back, her chair stood on its rear feet as she held the table to prevent her fall whilst her head flung back to look at the ceiling, trying hard to forget what happened between the two of them. Swinging her chair slightly, her mind could not seem to sway her thoughts and even as she thought about what happened during the incident, she could not.

Katherine somehow manages to crawl into her thoughts that made her heartbeat race, which almost made her let go of her grip on the table; her chair dropped forward that made her yelp for a second from the sudden jolt. It even increased her own heart's pace from the instance.

Your mind is distorted, child.

"You don't say," Hailey whispered as she crossed her arms on her empty notebook and rested her head on her arms.

You're thinking too much of that girl.

"I'm not."

Hailey, you should be wary of that girl.

"Why should I?" Hailey questioned weakly, nearly uninterested.

She's getting too close to you - far too much if you ask me. I shouldn't remind you why.

"You don't have to tell me that," Hailey whispered as she recalled the last time she had been warned. "I know my own consequences."

Burying her face into her arms, Hailey mentally sighed as she recalled that dark evening, at how everything went downhill too quickly; she could not do anything other than stare at death take away a life most precious to her.

The rapid beat of her heart slowed in an instant as flashbacks of the memory invaded her thoughts; his smile, his hair flying in the autumn wind and his eyes that glimmered gold under the sunset. The way his presence comforted her that day, warmed her heart to no end and how nonchalant he held her hand nearly made it perfect.

"I'll always be here for you, Sheppy."

His words rang in her ears that finally tipped the cup of her tears as a single bead escaped her eye, which she immediately brushed aside as she got up and took a deep breath to push aside her thoughts; she did not wish to recall that now as the moon was close to a full.

Walking towards the window, she leant against the wall whilst looking out to the sky and noted the crescent moon; it was marvellous on its own, but the power it blessed them with was prominent as she felt it. The burn on her skin had already subsided and appeared as though it never existed either, but a part of her wished it never left for some reasons.

The thought of Katherine's rescue made her smile as she recalled that moment she felt as though she would be burnt t crisp; the element was not hers to command and she did not expect that to happen. She did not anticipate for anyone to actually come to her rescue, aware that all of their powers were forbidden once the weekdays began; there were certain hours when they could not use it - often barred by dawn.

She was the last one I expected to save me, she thought as she recalled the harsh words she has told her back then; she did not mean it at some point, but she had to look convincing to Katherine for she knew that she could hear and smell her deceit. It was for the best at the time, but even now, it would still be the best option; she should steer clear of getting close to her.

Turning away from the moon, she approached her desk and closed her notebook; she was not in the right mind to do homework for tomorrow, aware that there would be Drills. As her notebook turned a close, she heard a soft thump in her room that made her look at the bed; another thump echoed as her eyes followed where it came from and stared at the window.

A small pebble knocked on the glass as she raised a brow before she approached it, then opened it before she poked her head out to see who had been throwing at her window. Looking down, she saw a half shifted wolf in blue pyjamas with yellow ducks printed on it, standing by the tall hedges looking up at her.

A smile crept on Hailey's lips as she looked away for a moment to contain her laughter before she examined the dull expression on Katherine's face that told her that she was not there for jests. Clearing her throat, she leant against the window sill and looked down at her, then tilted her head, wondering what she was doing there.

"Can I come up?" Katherine shouted in whisper.

Hailey shrugged, "Why?"

"I want to talk to you," Katherine replied.

Hailey pursed her lips to one side, "Aren't we talking now?"

"Will you let me in or not?" Katherine furrowed her brows for a split second.

Hailey rolled her eyes, "Alright, alright."

Watching her nod, Hailey stared at Katherine as she walked towards the building and began her ascent by the pipe; it made Hailey wonder what she could possible want at this hour. She observed her as she made sure not to hold on too tight on the pipe for she knew that it would create a hole into it from her sharpened nails.

Lucky for Katherine, the pipe was just near Hailey's window as she climbed into it whilst Hailey made way for her and watched her slip through the open window, then closed it after she got in. Hailey swallowed a lump in her throat as she realised how tall Katherine really was in her half shift as the wolf sat on her bed as if to reach her by eye level.

She shouldn't be here, Hailey. I told you.

I know, but let me hear her out.

Hailey, listen to me and tell her to go already.

Just let me hear what she has to say and I'll let her go.

Your stubbornness will betray you one day, child, but I hope it does not.

"So," Hailey spoke as she leant against her desk that was opposite of where Katherine was, "What do you want to talk about?"

A second flew past and there was no response. Hailey stared at Katherine in her pyjamas and once again held her urge to laugh, aware that the atmosphere was too serious for her to start giggling. For a full minute, the two of them just stared at each other as if waiting for the other to break it.

When neither one of them spoke, Hailey pushed off her desk and began to walk towards the bed as she felt a yawn escape her lips; taking a brief glance on the wall clock, it read 9:03pm. Plopping on her bed, she took a deep breath as she looked at Katherine's broad back, at how it seemed to go on forever.

"You know," Katherine finally spoke as she kept her eyes forward as though examining the place, "I never really understood your play."

Hailey stared at her duck printed pyjamas, "What was so hard to understand? Gabby was already narrating it."

"We'll he sucked at it," she huffed in reply as Hailey smiled, "No offense though."

Hailey shrugged as she reached out to touch the duck print, "None taken," she replied, "You want me to explain it?"

"If you don't mind," Katherine replied as she slowly turned around to face her, "Unless you're sleepy, then I can just ask tomorrow."

Hailey shook her head, "No, I've got time," she smiled as she sat up, then pulled herself into the bed to cross her legs and face her properly, "Tell me what you understood from the play first and I'll start from there."

"Well," she spoke as she spun around and imitated her, so both of them were now facing each other, "The part before the fire ruined the whole thing," she scratched her nape as she finally relaxed into human form, "What does that really mean? Like you have a piece of their souls?"

Hailey hummed for a second as noted the curiosity in the atmosphere, "Well, not exactly," she plopped her elbow on her thigh and leant her chin onto her palm, "They just shared us the knowledge of their spirits, at how to control and use them for better protection."

"I see," she nodded before she tilted her head, "So, you guys actually summon spirits then?"

Hailey shook her head, "No, we make contracts with these spirits for a limited time," she explained, "We ask for their power for a purpose and until that purpose is fulfilled, then can they return."

"So," she narrowed her eyes and scratched her head, "Even menial tasks they accept? Like the play?"

Hailey chuckled, "They thought the play was honourable, so yes they accepted."

"Okay," she nodded, "That makes a lot of sense now," she turned to her and examined her for a second, "You were really beautiful as the lead," her mind spoke out loud as Hailey formed an 'o' with her mouth which made her look away, "Not that you needed to hear it from me."

Hailey smiled warmly, "Of course I don't."

"Good," Katherine agreed as she looked at her, staring at her in an effort to understand her; her mind remained boggled by the words she let go and wanted to know why she even said them. It hurt her she admit, but out loud, she could not; it did not seem fitting for her to say it, but on another hand, it did.

"Hey," Haile spoke before she could, "Why did you come here really?"

Katherine lowered her gaze for a second as she tried to find the right question. There was a part of her that wanted to clear the fog that blocked her vision, at the future of the friendship she wanted to have with her; she did not wish to lose her, but at the same time, there was a part of her that thought she should just go.

"Well, I-"

"And don't lie," Hailey warned as she looked at her with a slightly narrowed gaze, "You and I both can tell if we are," she told her, "So just be honest with me."

Katherine smiled at her with amusement, "Alright, fae," she took a deep breath before she dawned a seriously gaze, "Why did want to leave?"

"Because I felt dejected," Hailey replied almost instantly as Katherine took a second to process, "I saw you kissing Oriana in the woods."

Katherine raised a brow, "How did you even find us?"

I sensed you.

"There were emotions in the air and I simply followed," she replied as she leant her cheek on her palm, "I never expected it to be you on that branch."

Katherine hummed softly, "I see," she examined her and tried to listen to her heartbeat but found no lie in its rhythm, "Why did you feel dejected?" she queried as she heard a soft bump in her rhythm, "Were you possibly... jealous?"

"I was," Hailey replied in a matter-of-fact tone as Katherine whispered a soft 'oh' under her breath, "I was just reminded of something I shouldn't even be bothered by."

Katherine nodded as she noted the look in her eyes, "I see," she spoke softly, "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to," she offered a smile, "In fact, you don't have to tell me anything you feel uncomfortable with."

"Like what?" Hailey asked honestly, curious at what she was talking about.

Katherine scratched her nape, "I don't know, Narene maybe?"

"What makes you think I feel uncomfortable talking about her?" Hailey raised a brow as she noted the slight tint of pink on her cheeks. Taking the air in, she noted the emotions that ran inside Katherine, at how it stirred unconsciously rather than what she often did.

Katherine looked away, "I don't know," she admitted, "You both just seemed so... close."

"She's my mentor," Hailey told her, "Our bond is technically platonic," she tried to define, "She just looks out for me because I'm her responsibility is all."

Katherine inched a bit closer, "Just like that?"

"Pretty much," Hailey nodded with a hum, "You know," she spoke, "You could've taken the stairs earlier," she chuckled, "Now there's evidence that you were here."

Katherine stared at her, "It's only good that they know."

"And why is that I wonder?" Hailey pursed her lips to one side, curious as to what she might say. Staring at her, she watched her fidget for a moment as though she gathered her thoughts for a straighter answer; the emotions that she emitted in the air was wild, enough to scare a normal faerie.

But Hailey was never normal.

Inching her way closer, Katherine manage to lie on Hailey's lap and pull her by the waist as she buried her face into her shirt; it was the most she could have reached from her ability. She held her close as Hailey gasped in surprise for a moment and noted the immense amount of concern that she emitted, nearly making her frown, but just bit her lower lip for a moment.

"You don't need to mark me," Hailey spoke softly as she ran her hand through Katherine's long blonde tresses, "I know what you've been trying to do," she told her just over a whisper, "I'm not yours to claim, wolfie."

Katherine merely clung onto her tight as she inhaled her scent, basking in the fragrance of cinnamon. The sound of her beating heart this close, she thought as closed her eyes as Hailey kept on caressing her hair; it was not really her intention to mark Hailey, but a part of her does not want to leave her open for anyone to take.

"Your mine, Hailey," Katherine spoke.

"But I'm not yours to take," Hailey replied as she kept on caressing her hair as though she was comforting a child, "And I don't think it's a good idea for you to."

"And why not?" Katherine looked up at her as their eyes met.

Because you don't know her - the real her.

"You just can't, wolfie," Hailey looked away as Katherine pulled back, "You should go now," she told her without looking at her, "It's nearly midnight."

Yes, that's what you should have done earlier, Hailey.

"I need to sleep," Hailey told her as she finally looked up to meet her gaze, "I have to get up early tomorrow for class," she smiled as she stood up as Katherine followed her silently with her gaze, "Let me help you out."

Make sure she doesn't return.

Taking her hand, Hailey pulled her arm over her shoulder as she waited for Katherine to shift into half, but she did not; it did not stop her from taking her to the window despite this. She opened the window and sat her on the sill as Katherine merely stared at her as though wondering why she wanted her gone.

"Hey," Katherine spoke just as Hailey removed her arm over her shoulder, "You're always my friend," she told her as she looked at her straight in the eyes, "Even if you wish to pretend not to know me," she cupped her cheek, "You'll always be mine."

"Wolfie, I-"

In the blink of an eye, Katherine slipped her hand behind Hailey's neck and pulled her close, allowing their lips to connect; hungrily the wolf kissed her like there would be no tomorrow. It took the blue haired teen by surprise as Katherine lightly sucked on her lower lip that nearly made the teen moan, but held it back.

Pulling back, Katherine smirked before she retracted her hand and allowed herself to fall through the window; she shifted before her body even hit the ground, spinning around and running off into the night. Stunned by it all, Hailey stood by the window as she heard Katherine howl in the distance, leaving her heart running with her voice.

I warned you about this Hailey.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"It's been great having you here, Cecil."

"You make it sound so bad," the master mage chuckled.

"Only because it kind of is," Jesslyn replied, "I've no drinking buddy."

"Old baldy is there," Cecilia replied as they walked up the stairs, "Ford would be more than happy to drink with his idol."

"Idol?" Jesslyn raised a brow, "Don't make it sound so weird, Cecil," she groaned as they reached the roof, "He's a good man, but he knows better than to attempt to bed me."

"You want him to... bed you?" Cecilia raised a brow with a smirk in play.

"Nope," Jesslyn popped the word as she imitated her smirk, "I'll chop his hotdog off before he can even try," she chuckled as Cecilia laughed for a brief minute, "Anyway, come by if you're in the area."

"You don't have to tell me twice," Cecilia chuckled, "See you when I see you."

Nodding, Jesslyn watched as Cecilia walked towards the centre of the roof before she raised her palm that was already growing as much as her body levitated from the ground; it amused her a little that she did not wish to just teleport instead of fly to her destination. It bewildered Jesslyn sometimes at what ran inside the master mage's mind.

As she slowly got higher, Cecilia looked over her shoulder at her friend who already leant against the door with a smile across her face, but it was not the jolly one; she just chuckled at the expression as she zoomed in the air, leaving the master assassin on her own.

Taking a deep breath, Jesslyn approached the edge as the night heightened; sky cloudy as much as her mind. She rested her palms on the stone barrier as she inhaled the night air, aware that everything was going fine; none were hurt from the play and it was merely a case of lost focus.

Turning about, she began her return to her apartment as she heard a howl in the distance that made her smirk for a moment; she knew that Katherine was out and went to see Hailey. There was nothing that does not come into her gaze that even Katherine's supposed sneak was nearly unseen, but she made sure to activate the motion detectors that night.

As she made her way down the stairs, the pocket of her jacket vibrated and she immediately took out her phone, then saw the message left by the clan. A smile crept up her lips as it eventually parted into a soft chuckle before she pocketed her phone once again.

"Tomorrow will be a long day," she sighed as she felt the air escape the door she opened, the draft was too strong that made her spine chill, which halted her in step. Standing by the doorway, she stared into the open and waited for something to happen, but so far, nothing actually happened.

Shrugging it off, she walked towards her apartment and entered it silently; she heard the door click in the distance, which made her tilt her head for a second before she went further inside to investigate, but found nothing out of ordinary. Instead, she found Katherine's door slightly ajar; approaching it, she stood by the doorway and peered through the thin crack only to catch a glimpse of ball of air disappear in a split second.

What was that?

As she stared at Katherine, the door suddenly swung to a close which made her jerk her head back as much as she took a step back, feeling a cold sweat trickle down her temple. Narrowing her gaze, she stiffened her back properly as she tried to see if there was something - anything - nearby; the silence was nearly deafening if not for the soft hum of the ventilation.

Turning to her room, she kept a serious gaze as her mind wandered off to places; it swirled into the unknown as her mind played facts inside her head about the Non-Mortals ever recorded in their history. So far, the recent phenomenon seemed to be too recent - too much that she felt a fear threaten to break her door.

Hopefully, everything will be revealed, she thought as she entered her dark room, whatever it may be.

The night fell to a close and eventually the moon made way for the sun; dawn was upon the Institution as students rose up to greet the new day with drowse in their eyes. Katherine was no exception as Jesslyn barged into her room which made her jolt up from bed and look around the room frantically with eyes half open.

"Rise and shine, Kathie!" Jesslyn exclaimed with a wide grin as she heard the teen groan and slump back into bed, "Time for you to get out of bed and get to class," she told her as she approached her and helped her up to the bathroom, despite her slurred protests, "You wanted this so you have to make an effort to actually do it."

The sun hasn't even gone that high yet, Katherine grumbled internally as she felt the cold water graze her body which made her eyes dart open and furrow her brows at Jesslyn, who merely chuckled at her expression. She rolled her eyes at her friend and dismissed her with her hand as Jesslyn chuckled once more before she complied; she knew well enough how to clean herself inside the tub.

"Be sure to be out in five," Jesslyn told her before the slammed shut, making the young blonde grumble, "Now to start breakfast."

Just as Kathie promised, she finished her shower in exactly five minutes simply because she was too sleepy to bother doing a full clean and vowed to shower later on. Jesslyn assisted Katherine into her uniform and had her ready in ten minutes, ready to start the day in the institution.

Rolling her out the door, Katherine leant back and sighed as Jesslyn cheerfully walked with her to the first year building where several students stopped to look before gossiping at them; Jesslyn was not at all bothered by what they were saying, whilst Katherine was a little surprised that their gossip did not contain deprecation, but instead of sympathy, although there were some, who were not so sympathetic.

"Well," Jesslyn spoke as they reached a hallway, "You can take over from here yeah?"

Katherine nodded, "Thanks, Jessie."

"Call me or Chase," Jesslyn informed her, "Only if you can't handle anymore," she smiled at her as she placed a hand on her shoulder before she pinched her cheek, "Also, no shifting," she warned her, "I'll know if you do."

Katherine sighed, "Yeah, I won't," she nodded before Jesslyn let go of her face, "See you."

Parting ways, Katherine rolled herself to her first class, but as she made her way to it she felt the speed of her chair roll faster; looking over her shoulder she saw a charming smile pointed at her, his curly hair bouncing off his forehead with every step he took.

"Been a while since I actually saw you in these halls," he spoke as Katherine leant on the arm rest whilst she noted how they garnered a few stairs, "If you haven't been informed, Jesslyn told me to look after you."

Katherine sighed, "Couldn't they have gotten Ori?"

"She's called in sick today," he replied, "So, I'll be in charge of you today."

Katherine raised a brow, "What about fae?"

"Fae?" he repeated as they arrived at the class, "I don't know."

Katherine nodded, "Thanks, Chase."

"No problem," he smiled as he rolled her to a desk, where some saw them enter, "I have something for you by the way," he spoke as he positioned her to face the board, "Thank me later and don't lose this either," he spoke as Katherine turned to him and watched him place a square down turned photo on her desk, "It's the only one I have."

Katherine stared at the Polaroid on the on the desk, before she looked at him curiously, but all he offered was a smile and a wink after. He nodded at her as if to say he was going, then walked out of the room and left the other students in blue to interpret what went on; gossip soon ensued, which only made Katherine sigh.

Placing the finger on the plastic photo, she slowly turned it over and felt her heart sink for a second, before she somehow felt it float; her heartbeat rang against her ears as her lips retained a straight line whilst she stared at the photo, making her sigh softly. The teacher already entered the room, but Katherine kept on staring at the photo, unable to tear her eyes away from it.

What a weird photo.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Heard you were sick," Katherine spoke as Ori merely chuckled, before she blew her nose on the tissue she had in her hand, "Still sick I guess."

Ori smiled, "I'll be better soon," she leant against her shoulder, "We all take just a day to recover after all," she noted as Katherine remained indifferent to her gesture, "We're noms after all."

"Yeah, noms," Katherine sighed, "The full moon is almost here as much as the first round of the battle," she stated, "What is the first challenge?"

Ori shrugged, "The teachers won't say anything," she told her as she took a deep breath, enough for Katherine to hear the mucus nostrils inside her slide, "Did Jesslyn mention anything?"

"No, she doesn't even talk about it," Katherine responded as checked the time on the dorm lobby wall, "We should sleep," she announced as Ori rose from her shoulder, "Will you be okay on your own?"

Ori smiled, "You're so caring," it made the grey eyed teen look away, "But I can go back on my own."

Nodding, Katherine stood up whilst shifting to half then offered a hand to Ori, who obliged with a smile as she stood up and the duo walked towards the exit, where several teens have returned from the dining hall. The clock just struck nine in the evening and it was expected that all of them would already be back by then, which surprised her at first.

As they reached the front door, Ori broke free Katherine's grasp as everyone began staring at them, unsure if it was because Katherine was in half shift or because they were holding hands. Amongst the crowd, Katherine smelt something unfamiliar as they finally reached the open space outside; turning her head towards the stench, she could not find the stench once again.

"I'll see you tomorrow," Ori bade as she got on her toes and pulled Katherine down to peck her cheek, "Goodnight."

Katherine nodded, "Goodnight."

Standing there, she watched her walk away before she began walking the side of the building until she eventually found where she climbed the night before, then saw the marks she had left on the pipe. As she stood there, she saw light ran at the corner of her eyes that made her turn towards it and stare, wondering what it could be.

There was nothing there but the trees that surround most of the institution. Taking a deep breath, she tried to see if there was anyone there, but she could not smell anyone. Who could that be? she wondered as she heard a window open, which made her dart her eyes to where it was. Looking up, fiery blue hair blew in the wind as much as she can smell the cinnamon from the breeze; she saw a pair of amber looking at her curiously, which made her stare at her beauty.

"Wolfie?" Hailey questioned, "What are you doing here?"

Katherine shook her head, "Nothing, I was about to head back."

"I see," Hailey nodded, "I heard you returned to the dorms, but I didn't see you at Drills," she told her as she examined her posture, "So, are you doing okay?"

Katherine nodded, "Just peachy."

"Alright," Hailey smiled as she held in a giggle, "Well, see you tomorrow."

Standing there, Katherine saw Hailey return to her room and eventually saw her lights switch off; a part of her wanted to go up and sleep in her room, but found it rather intruding and inappropriate, thus deciding not to and instead, she returned to her own quarters; a cold breeze brushed past her as she entered the dorm lobby once again, making her look over her shoulder as she felt something amiss.

I sense a disturbance in the wind, she thought as she narrowed her eyes at her thoughts. How could she even sense the wind? Shaking her head, she proceeded to her room on the seventh floor; her old room remained unscathed albeit dusty, but with Cecilia's help, it was done in just the blink of an eye.

Opening her door, she immediately flicked the light switch on before she proceeded inside the bathroom to take a night shower; a habit she already adapted from staying with Jesslyn. Undressing herself, her mind wandered off to various things, from the photo this morning to how Chase even got a shot like it.

It was a near impossible position and wondered why he even took that shot instead of doing something else. Shaking her head, she turned on the shower and stood under the hot water to dismiss her thoughts; as her thoughts empty, it was once again filled with something else, at the person she was with in the photo.

Her heartbeat suddenly rose as she tried to take deep breaths to calm herself, feeling her own body shake just at the thought. I shouldn't, she held herself back from her urges even though her other half had wanted to do so for as long as she can remember; being wolf had its down sides to life.

Just the thought of kissing made her body heat up, enough to form a fire inside her that could not be soothed anymore with just the clash of their lips; afraid that she would do more than soothe her hunger - possibly hurt the other. Growling at herself, she finished her shower and exited the bathroom.

As soon as she stepped out, she smelt something unfamiliar in her room and turned to her bed, where her brow rose. A person in a short black dress with a denim jacket and tall combat boots, sat on her bed cross-legged whilst slouching forward with her elbow plopped on her knee, her chin resting on her palm.

"So you're Katherine," she spoke in a slightly high voice as her hazel eyes bore into her like a knife, "Nice to finally meet you."

Katherine growled lowly, "Who are you?"

"It's not a question of who I am," she responded as stood up and in breakneck speed was in front of Katherine in the blink of an eye - just mere inches of her face. "It's what you'll do."

Katherine reared her hand but was a second slow as the five foot five tall, brown haired girl drew a knife and inched it to her neck, which made Katherine widen her eyes at her impeccable speed; her mind could not explain who this person was or what her objective was, but was certain that she was no ordinary human.

"Who are you?" she questioned in a low growl as the brown haired girl smirked, her eyes flickered with a murderous gold.

"I'm your death."

~

~

A/N: Mysteries grow even more, when will the answers finally arrive? Will Katherine continue to pursue Hailey despite what she feels? Will Hailey break free from Katherine once again? Will both of them finally understand each other?

Dedicated to Drae_September for their support in SoB (: I really thank you for reading and voting for it (: Hopefully you can comment on it xD and on this book too if you're reading it (:

Thanks to those who support me and I really appreciate it you guys; it has been a rougher few weeks and I sense a storm brewing in my life so, I pray I remain steadfast. Hopefully, all will be well... (:

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 585 22
I face the bedroom wall of the cabin, trying to avoid their eyes, "I can't let anyone know my secret now that I know that I know what it really means...
117 5 21
Katherine has always had a dark past, fears she can't get through, demons she can't slay, desires just in front of her but too far to reach, she may...
38.6K 2.7K 114
Zoe's only wish is to be able to run barefoot through grass, but she knows it'll never happen. Ever since she was born, she's been unable to touch an...
Concealed By Ny

Mystery / Thriller

453 79 21
II Finished II II Being Edited II Katherine was a regular girl. She had a good life with her mother. But one day in the middle of the night Katherine...