Whispers Under the Moonlight...

bookie032 tarafından

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... Daha Fazla

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Enkindled

1.8K 105 39
bookie032 tarafından

"The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of malcontents." – Salvador Dali

Water streamed under her feet as she felt the waves push her gently in between her legs; the winds blew through them as they took slow, deep breaths. The air sent them a message – beautiful and serene. It was tranquil and a bliss that all of them felt naturally comfortable in.

You're doing well, my dear.

"Okay," the sprite – the head of their group of Faeries – of the crowd stood up from the river they were in and walked gracefully to the shore, "Our meditation is complete," the crowd sighed as they all walked towards the shore, "First years, you may walk with your mentor."

Hailey took a deep breath as she approached a tall, slender upperclassman with short hair; her head was shaven, but was left with a small knot on top. She had a smile on her face as Hailey approached her; her chocolate brown eyes glistened with anticipation.

"Ready to conjure your golems?" She questioned as she began pacing to the forest.

Hailey smiled, "I just hoped I have enough focus, Narene."

"I believe you will succeed," Narene replied as they treaded through the forest, "And just call me Rene."

Hailey nodded, "Okay, Rene," she tied her hair into a pony again, "Which golem are we going to summon?"

"Fire," She replied as she turned to her for a moment, "It's the hardest one to conjure because it eats off our-"

"Anger, rage, fury," Hailey interrupted her as she tried to recall them all, "And the green monster."

Narene nodded, "Smart and beautiful," she smirked as Hailey just giggled lowly, embarrassed, "You're going to be fine, I'm sure."

"I hope so," Hailey sighed softly as they reached a safe place. There were a few trees around and more glades, but there was one glade that was barren of grass; it was the one they would use from the look of it. There were burn marks on the trees that surrounded it as much as there were a few burnt in half, but not all.

Narene stepped into the dirt circle and sat on the centre, then sat crossed-legged. Hailey sat opposite of her in the same way as they both sat up straight and began to focus. Slow deep breaths escaped their nostrils as the silence around them allowed none to intrude their thoughts – it must be vigilant and empty at the same time.

"Focus on your senses," Narene spoke softly as she inhaled the elements around her, "Feel the ire that rides the wind," she exhaled, "The ferocity across the branches," then inhaled, "The squall through the stream," exhaled softly as fire stirred in a circle between them, "The envy of the skies."

Taking a deep breath, Hailey tried to focus on the elements around her and tried feel them course through her veins like her own blood – a technique not a lot of people can do. She took a whiff of the trees, at their pine scent, then exhaled their essence into the gap between them; the fire between them ruptured brighter as its flames flickered warmth – the emotion of the trees.

"Yes, keep it up, freshie," Narene spoke as she opened her eyes to observe the fire between them, it was but a tiny dot from the start, but has grown into a small seed, "Keep going."

She should be quiet, doesn't she know that?

A smiled crossed Hailey's lips as she tried to feel the calm waves against her skin not too long ago and took a deep breath, then exhaled its essence calmly; the fire grew once again and its flames now calm, collected – no longer livid. The voice of the water calmed it as it took shape into a rounder figure, but the flames no longer escaped the circle it formed.

The wind blew across them and carried a message, but Hailey did not hear. Narene understood it perfectly and nodded with nature in agreement; the trees did not wish to be burnt nor scarred, thus it warned them.

Carrying its emotions, Hailey took slow breaths under the wind as it threatened to blow torrents at them, but Hailey's focus prevented it from doing so. She allowed the wind to invade her body, enough for it to course her veins like she had intended, before she exhaled calmly to banish the wind's anger and released its essence onto the fire.

"Excellent focus, freshie," Narene complimented as she watched the fire blaze up into a torrent before it slowly died into a bigger circular ball, now more calm yet livid; its sides were calm, but the flame in the centre bore blazes of mutiny, ready to strike at any given moment.

Sweat trickled down her temples as she felt the blaze of the golem forming in front of her; it was running rampant inside its shell and produced a high temperature that Hailey could feel her own back almost covered in sweat. She could not tell if Narene was the same, but she could sense her discomfort as well.

Focus, child. Don't let the heat take you.

Relaxing her body, Hailey took another deep breath and calmly took slow, but steady breaths after. The sky was within her reach, but she could not smell its essence – envy was not something she had in her life. To find it in the sky would be too difficult and had hoped that a memory would help her sense it.

The ball of fire started to flicker out of its circle as Narene sensed Hailey's uncertainty just from the way the ball had acted; she can tell that Hailey has yet to find this emotion before she could actually feel its essence. Searing, the ball began to wobble frantically as Narene kept calm and tried not to alarm her partner.

"Calm yourself, freshie," She spoke softly as she watched the fire blaze into the sky in a spire, "Concentrate and you'll be able to do it."

Palms sweating, eyelids forced closed; her nails have begun to dig into her skin. Her focus was waning as the memory she tried to use as an alternative did not seem to link itself to the sky; it was not strong enough. She tried to search for the emotion in the clouds and began to question what envy truly was in that sea of blue.

Spiralling into the heavens, the blaze grew wider and bigger with each passing second as Hailey tried to forcibly find the emotions which nature did want her to do; the heat was searing her skin as much she could feel it almost graze her knees, enough to send her third-degree burns.

Child, don't force things that cannot be done.

Exhaling deeply, Hailey opened her eyes and saw the spiralling flame flicker into thin air as Narene lowered her arm from using it as a shield from the bright light. She offered Hailey a comforting smile a she crawled over to place a hand on her shoulder, hoping to ease her mind; she could sense her disappointment as much as she could sense fatigue grow rapid in her body.

"I think that's enough for today," Narene told her as she got up and offered her a hand, "You might have to take a dip in the river before you return."

Hailey chuckled softly through ragged breathing, "I might."

"You did great for a freshie," Narene spoke as they began their slow pace back to the grove, "I haven't seen anyone conjure a fire elemental as fast you can."

Hailey chuckled once again, only better, "You're just saying that."

"No, no," Narene shook her head as she ran her arm past her forehead to wipe her sweat, "I really mean it," she told her as Hailey gave her a playful, sceptic look, "You are the first person I've seen conjure one."

Hailey hummed, "What about the chief Sprite?"

"She gets hindered by anger," Narene confessed as they walked past two berry bushes, "You can see why she's the chosen Sprite," she looked at Hailey, who was wiping the sweat around her neck, "Because she's too kind to ever be angry."

Hailey nodded, "What about you?" she tilted her head, curious at her own experience, "What hindered yours?"

"I'm not focused enough," Narene told her in dry tone, which made Hailey's brow rise, "I just don't want to conjure one."

Hailey walked in tandem with her, "Why not?"

"Are you playing detective?" Narene jested as she shot her a curious smile, "That's all I can say, really," she sighed as they got nearer to the grove, "What hindered yours?"

Hailey sighed as she recalled the flame nearly searing her skin; she frowned at the idea of burnt knees that would not be easy to heal. Even they have regeneration, but it only heals internal wounds unlike the wolves and the bats; mages can sing regenerative chants, whilst morphlings can transform into regenerative beasts – namely lizards and spiders.

"Mine was-"

Before she could even answer, she felt a wave of familiar emotions in the air as she looked around in search of it; she was certain that she knew who it was from, but does not know where it came from. She was certain that the Den was too far from them for her to be this far out; she had hoped that this was not who she think it was.

But, that was highly unlikely.

"Do you feel that?" Hailey questioned as she halted her step, then looked around.

Narene raised a brow and looked around, "Feel what?"

"These string of emotions," Hailey replied in a near whisper, but Narene heard her clearly.

Narene tried to sense what she meant, "No, I can't, freshie," she told her as she examined her, seeing a lot of anxiety in her, "Where is it coming from?"

"This way," Hailey replied as she began pacing away without a single thought for Narene, who followed her without question; the brown eyed teen was rather intrigued by this and wanted to know who caused such emotions.

It astounded her that she could sense emotion far from the person emitting them, highly uncommon from a normal Faerie. Trailing behind her, she could sense confusion flow with the wind and wondered who felt that way in this part of the forest; the other races' hideouts were far from each other and distance between often had little to none wandering.

Their hideout was not the fondest placed any other race would go to because they have the water to themselves next to grove; everyone would rather visit the Mages, who occupied a dome at the foot of the mountain with a great big telescope hidden. It made her wonder who could possible wander off into this place.

A Morphling perhaps, Narene thought as she felt the emotion grow bigger with each step she took; the confusion soon turned to understanding and eventually, an abundance of desire. Looking around, she could not see anyone past the trees and decided to turn to the skies, possibly looking at the branches since they were big enough to hold a full grown werewolf.

"It's close," Hailey spoke as Narene spotted the desire in the trees; she held Hailey's shoulder and caught the blue-haired teen's stare. She pointed to where she felt the emotion and Hailey darted her eyes over there almost instantly and saw the emitter of these powerful emotions.

A smile crossed her lips as s she saw the wolf's back in her half state and took a step forward ready to call out to her. Before she could even call out to her, she watched her return to human form and saw another shade of blonde with her; she could not see the face, but she was certain who it was from the desire that ran through Katherine's body.

Hand still on her, Narene felt anger rise inside her tremendously as she observed the cause of her anger; she watched the couple on the branch and realised that they were both girls – the other she knew and the other she did not. Sliding her hand to her arm, she tugged her lightly to pull her away from this scene, unsure where it will go, but did not wish to know.

"Let's go, Hailey," Narene asked of her and tugged her once again, but Hailey did not budge; the teen had her eyes locked on the duo up ahead. The sense of anger rose higher and higher with each second as she looked at the earth and saw the rocks shaking under her; her emotion scared the earth and did not wish for anything to happen.

Hailey, walk away.

Hailey's eyes could not look away as she saw Katherine kiss Ori like an animal – a predator on a prowl. She can sense the rejection in Ori for but a second until she saw her pull Katherine even closer that seemed to have made her heart prick; she could not understand the sudden hate she felt, the undeniable want to be Ori right that moment.

Narene could sense her perfectly well, but felt somewhat concerned as the elements quivered before her. She could not understand how she was able to do that and only concluded that she was that powerful if she can unconsciously control nature; not many or rather, only rare people can do this and the only most extraordinary can master them.

"We should go, Hailey," Narene tugged her arm once more, but Hailey refused to part her eyes from them; the emotions that swirled inside her was grew rapidly at an alarming rate. A bead of sweat trickled down her temple as she realised that she was sweating; touching her forehead, she felt it moisten every second then dampened before she realised there was something producing a ton of heat.

Looking around, Narene's eyes widened at the golem that stood ways away from them; it was gigantic in figure, but refined than anything she has ever seen. Tugging on Hailey's arm, she was certain that it was hers, but wondered why or how she did it unconsciously without even focusing.

Hailey's brows were in a furrow as she saw the duo on the branch kissing as though they have not had enough; anger rode the contours of her face as she wanted to hit Katherine just for her to feel pain – the same pain she felt that moment. Why she felt it, she knew not.

Hailey, stop! You're going to scorch the trees!

Unable to keep still, Narene clicked her tongue mentally as she ran in front of Hailey and did what she thought was best; both hands on her cheeks, she pulled the blue haired teen towards her and crashed her lips with her. It took Hailey by surprise before she even realised Narene's lips on her; they were soft, warm, but a bit salty.

Mind in a torrent of emotions, Hailey knew not what to think as she felt her body calm and surrender to Narene's lips. A few second went and she pulled back, then saw her eyes look past her before she let out a soft sigh. Narene's brown eyes looked at her with worry etched across its irises that sent guilt to her somehow.

"Sorry, Rene," Hailey looked away as she turned around, "Let's go."

Narene stood there and watched the teen walk away with her shoulders in a slump; she was evidently sullen and Narene could only cross her arms. Looking over her shoulder, she shot the duo on the branch a curious glare before she trailed after Hailey; she does not know the history between Ori, the wolf, and her, but she was certain about one thing.

Trouble would wreak havoc.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Any clues yet?"

"I've interrogated them, almost tortured them, and even had Cecil cast a chant, but nothing."

"I'm starting to think you've gone soft."

"Your fault I assume."

Jesslyn chuckled at Ford as she walked over to the two-way mirror and observed the prisoners they caught the night before the Ballad. The three of them had been confined to a cell where their powers were unusable and made them almost mortal; it was why the Institution had the best security in the world – except the actual company Thesalia runs.

Ford stood beside her and observed the three inside, seeing them restless as they were since they placed them in a cell. None of them confessed to anything related to the students, but easily admitted to attacking the convoy where Thesalia was in. They completely admitted to the attack by refused to give a name to the person who hired them.

Jesslyn and Ford could only guess who it could be, but they knew that Athena would know better since they could possibly competitors – human business competitors; the ones that believe they can topple Thesalia's business empire and decided to hire pathetic assassins. They were not even trained to fight with weapons, but their special skills.

"What about the vamp?" Jesslyn queried as she walked over to the desk and reviewed the file, "What do we know about his involvement in this?"

Ford exhaled through his nostrils, "He was the one we captured first on that night," he spoke as he turned around, "But he claims he has no recollection of attacking anyone other than you," he explained as Jesslyn flipped through the pages, "It's like he wasn't in his body at the time, he said," he continued, "Like he was simply watching a film of himself doing stuff."

"I see," Jesslyn hummed softly as she eyed Ford from the corner of her eye, "Have you done any research into this?"

Ford tilted his head for a moment, "No, three archives had nothing on this or even a mention of it."

"That's inconvenient," Jesslyn frowned slightly, "Wolf, Assassin and even Thesalia's archive has nothing of it," she exhaled silently as a smirked played on her lips, "I'm not sure if I should be surprised or thrilled."

Ford stared at her, "Don't get too excited, Jessie," he frowned for a second, "You're students are your priority," he reminded her, "How are the two even?"

"They're fine," Jesslyn shrugged, "But I can see a lot of tension between them."

Ford sat on the metal chair in front of him, "Oh?"

"It's too soon for me to tell what kind of tension they have," Jesslyn admitted as she took a seat, adjacent of him, "But it would be interesting if they found love."

Ford chuckled, "And I don't suppose you would like to wager on it?"

"Now we're talking," Jesslyn smirked as she crossed her arms across her chest, "What was our last price?"

Ford hummed, "I think it was five grand and two shots of Cecil's drink."

"I raise it to," Jesslyn thought as she tilted her head, "Eight grand and five shots."

Ford shook his head with slightly furrowed brows, "No deal."

"Afraid you'll lose?" Jesslyn smirked as she gave him a mischievous look.

Ford huffed out of his nostrils, "I'm not afraid of losing," he told her as he reached out for the file on the rectangular metal table, "I'm just worried our wager would end because of this."

"Well," Jesslyn sighed, "That's what they have you for," she smiled, "And me, of course."

Ford laughed out loud, "Conceited as ever."

"Well, I've proven myself," Jesslyn spoke as she stood up and approached the door, "So, I already have bragging rights," she told her as she grinned wide enough for him to shake his head, "Oh one more thing before I go."

Ford nodded, "What is it?"

"Can you station two at my gym on the Friday?" Jesslyn questioned as she placed a hand on the doorknob, "I don't want anyone to start a scuffle after I polished my floor."

Ford nodded again, "Are the nightlies going to use it?"

"Yeah, they booked the gym first," Jesslyn sighed as she slumped her shoulders for a second, "My poor gym."

Ford chuckled, "You really love that gym."

"Of-bloody-course!" Jesslyn exclaimed, "I designed that gym myself so I have a lot of pride in it."

Ford smirked, "Alright, alright," he raised his hands to defend himself, "I'll station two of my men for you."

"Thanks, Ford," Jesslyn smiled as she opened the door and took a step out, "Laters!"

Ford merely sighed and smiled at his friend. The door lock clicked and shut, which left him alone in the containment room. He tapped his finger over the file and wondered about this other prisoner; he still believes that there must be a logical explanation to what he fed to them. It could not have been what he had said – it being an out of body experience.

Does that mean he was dead?

That's not possible, he thought as he stood from his chair and looked at them from behind the glass. All of them were already in bed since they had nothing to do their in containment; they were merely awaiting transfer over the clan prison. Even though the school was calm, there would always be rogue Non-Mortals that think they are better than the others.

Staring at the vampire, Ford tried to think of a possible explanation as to how it was possible. Try as he might, he could not find a probable solution and sighed; his warm breath fogged a patch on the mirror. He tilted his head and wiped the fog with his arm. Once he was done, he stared into the mirror and saw something standing behind him.

Alarmed, Ford spun around with a gun ready, but found nothing there; he released his stance and holstered his gun as he palmed his forehead. I must be seeing things, he thought as he sighed once more as he proceed to the door; he made his way back to his room and dismissed what happened just now, believing it was from lack of sleep.

The night was still young and yet everyone was in bed; all of them too tired from their day. Moonless was the night as the stars roamed to play, shooting meteors across the vastness of space. Calm were the trees that played with the wind and sheltered the animals, giving them rest under their strong roots.

The calm breeze brushed against Jesslyn's cheek as she took out her earpieces from her breast pocket, then plopped them in her ears. The cord went into her tablet as she walked over to a stone bench and sat on it, whilst she flipped through her phone for a specific app; finding it, she smiled as she pressed on Itsuki's name and pressed the green button to answer a call that just came.

"Welcome home, beautiful," Jesslyn greeted her with a warm smile, "How was your day?"

Itsuki hummed softly, "It was okay, I guess."

"Too tired to talk, honey?" Jesslyn asked with concern.

Itsuki shook her head as she brought her own tablet to the bed, "No, no, I can talk."

"Okay," Jesslyn smiled, "Hope your roommate doesn't mind us talking this late."

Itsuki rolled her eyes, "She's not even here," she told her as she pulled the duvet over as she lied down, now facing Jesslyn sideways, "She's out partying with her friends."

"I see," Jesslyn nodded, "You didn't wanna go?"

Itsuki shook her head, "I didn't want to worry you."

"Glad you know me," Jesslyn smirked as Itsuki giggled at her; her laughter pleased Jesslyn and placed a warm wave inside her chest as she felt her heartbeat pulse. "I miss you, honey," she whispered whilst she traced Itsuki's face on the screen, "A whole lot."

Itsuki smiled, "I miss you too, Jess."

"I want to kiss you," Jesslyn pouted a bit as Itsuki rolled her eyes in amusement, "And do all other things with you."

Itsuki giggled, "I know you do, because you always do."

"Because I love you," Jesslyn pouted even more as Itsuki watched her plead with big puppy eyes, "I can't help it that I want to show you I love you."

Itsuki nodded sarcastically, "Uhuh," she adjusted herself and sat up with the tablet in her hand, "You know there's other ways to show me you love me."

"I know," Jesslyn admitted as she puckered her lips out for her, "Like this."

Itsuki laughed as she obliged and leant in to the camera and gave Jesslyn a kiss; the brunette smirked wide as wriggled her brows as though asking for another. She can see the blush in Itsuki's face as she smirked wider as though telling her what she was thinking; it made Itsuki roll her eyes and gave her another kiss.

"Stop doing that," she whispered, "You're really insatiable."

Jesslyn smiled, "Only because you have a body that can drive me insane."

"Uhuh," Itsuki rolled her eyes again and stared at her for a moment, "I love you."

Jesslyn smiled, "I love you too, honey."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The room was dim; the starlight seeping quietly into the room. There was nothing but silence, beyond their quiet breathing. It was cold, yet hot at the same time; there was no breeze from the closed window and left them under the care of the ventilated air-condition.

Pulse rising, Hailey stared up into the ceiling as Katherine lie asleep beside her; her mind was caught up at the memory of what she saw her doing – at her make-out session with Ori. There was a pain inside her chest that felt like a dull knife slicing through her heart just recalling what happened that afternoon.

It froze inside her that even Narene's kiss did not bother her; she did not have any feelings for Narene and did not know her that much enough to linger on her lips. Her senior admitted that it was only to distract her and it did not mean anything to her, which cleared her mind of that event.

Just shut up and kiss me.

Turning to Katherine, she stared at her back as flashbacks of this afternoon came running back to her; she felt her anger build up inside as much as anxiety dwelled inside her. She wanted to know what was between Ori and her, but she could not bring it up at all; even during dinner, she was completely silent unlike Katherine, who acted as though nothing happened.

The emotions inside Katherine remained the same, but her desire ran above the rest even if she did not touch her; she could see it from the bright colour in her grey eyes – almost paler than her usual colour. It made her look away, unable to look at her even when she tried to talk to her, but she would say she was not really feeling well.

It was not a lie and Katherine believed her, not from the sound of her heartbeat, but from the nearly sullen look in her eyes. She wanted to ask her what was wrong and why was she so glum, but the sombre look in her eyes that came with a smile prevented her from asking. There was a voice inside her head that told her to ask, but could not and left the night like unanswered – suspended in the air.

Reaching out, Hailey wanted to touch her and know what kind of emotion she was feeling right now, but even without grazing her, she can feel the desire – almost lusting – over someone. Her open palm slowly closed into a fist as she clenched it and retracted her hand, unable to make herself do it.

Sighing out loud, she sat up and flipped her legs off the bed after she removed the duvet over her. Walking to the door, she tried her hardest not to look at Katherine's sleeping face; seeing it would break her resolve of staying strong. For what? She knew not.

Leaving the room, she headed towards the bathroom and opened the lights, revealing the white and polished lavatory. She closed the door behind her and approached the sink, then opened the faucet to wash her face, hoping to clear her thoughts of everything.

Especially what transpired that afternoon.

Control your emotions, Hailey.

"I'm doing my best." Hailey spoke to herself in the mirror in a low whisper.

I doubt you are, not after what happened in the forest.

"I just lost control okay?"

Losing control over something trivial is not your best.

Hanging her head, she sighed out loud and closed the faucet; the sound of water running somewhat calmed her, but did not. Her mind was clouded as much as her emotions were compromised, which made her somewhat unstable – unable to fully command the elements until her focus is certain.

"Trivial," Hailey murmured as she looked away from her reflection. Staring into space, she thought about it and wondered, why was she even so worked up over it. Was it because Hailey was her friend? But it was normal for friends to be concerned about one another. Was it because she saw her kiss Ori? Was that even normal?

Was she normal?

Devoid yourself of troublesome thoughts, Hailey; it's unbecoming of you.

"Alright," Hailey sighed as she approached the door and opened it, only for darkness to greet her once again. Tomorrow would be another day for them to take Drills class and Jesslyn told them to attend, simply because it was a necessary class, but they would not be assessed formally – it was more for their record.

Returning to their room, she quietly closed the door behind her, making sure that there was no click for Katherine to hear. She did not wish to disturb her sleep, a deep sleep she knew she did not appreciate being woken from. Taking light steps, she tried to return to the bed without looking at her again, still uncomfortable of looking at her.

The emotions that ran through her were massive and buoyant that even in her sleep there was a smile on her face. Hearing her heart through her ears, Hailey took an abrupt stop and looked at Katherine in the dim of the room, only seeing her silhouetted back; a part of her was tempted to turn her over just to see her face under the starlight.

Hailey, return to bed.

Staring at her sleeping figure, she felt a lump rise in her throat as she licked her dry lips whilst her feet dragged her towards her. The light from the window was behind Katherine as she walked over her side of the bed and knelt down to her level; the dim of the room did not help her see in the dark, but she knew that Katherine was happy.

Reaching out, her finger grazed her cheek and saw Katherine's face move a little, which made Hailey jerk back, afraid that she might wake. When she did not, she gently placed her hand on her cheek as she stared at her sleeping face; her breathing was soft, quiet even as she saw her chest rise and fall gently.

Hailey, return to your side of the bed. Now.

Her thumb rubbed her soft skin and eventually traced Katherine's lips lightly, merely grazing her skin over that patch of skin that felt a little dry. Her eyes stared at them, at how its curved edges seem to draw her in as much as the whole of it tempted her to feel it. Not with her thumb, but with her own.

Hailey, stop this now.

Leaning closer, she recalled their little conversation the morning of yesterday where she meant only to jest her, but went in closer than she wanted. The memory made her heart drum a familiar rhythm that made her recall every inch of that memory, but recalled how it was put to an abrupt stop by Cecil's sudden appearance.

Now, she would not be able to interfere.

Hailey, if you cross that line-

Lips brushing hers, Hailey did not hold herself back any longer and gently kissed Katherine. Her heartbeat was on the rise as much as the rhythm sped up, which made her mind blindly treasure this moment – forever locking it in her mind despite her soul's wish; there was something about this kiss that was taboo – not because it was between two girls – but because of her something inside her that prevented her so.

A second went and her lips remained there as she felt Katherine move slightly which made her pull back almost instantly. Her eyes remind on the blonde as she saw her eyelids slowly flicker up, still a little hazy; there was enough time for her to hide herself, but there was a part of her that did not want to.

"Hailey?" Katherine whispered in her sleepy voice, "What's wro-"

Waken by this blissful feeling upon her lips, Katherine grew wide eyed as she heard her heartbeat echo in her ears suddenly like a drum that played more than thirty-two beats; it was fast like a madman trying to find the perfect rhythm inside her heart, but has given up and just raged upon his drum set.

The soft touch of Hailey's lips shook her partially asleep body awake as her hand held Hailey by her shoulder to push her away, but the fae took her by the wrist and pushed it over her head; her body followed without their lips parting which made Katherine turn over with Hailey straddled comfortably on top of her.

Intoxication dampened her lips as she felt Hailey's tongue trace her lower lip, before gently nibbling on her lower lip, which sent a cold shiver down her spine. Her mind had started to haze, fogging her train of thoughts as she tried her best to push her away, but her body had completely surrendered to her.

Pulling back, Hailey looked at Katherine and saw her pale skin tainted red across the cheeks under the dim, starlit room; her hair was a mess around her as much as there were a few loose strands hanging around her face that she carefully brushed away with her free hand that seemed to have sent shivers down the already quivering blonde.

Staring at each other, Katherine took deep breaths to control her rapid breathing as she looked at Hailey through half-lidded eyes that seemed to be clouded by a familiar feeling – desire. The fire she believed she had doused this afternoon returned inside her body from Hailey's galvanising kisses – far different from Ori's seductive ones.

Lowering herself, she hovered an inch above the blonde, whose eyes stared into hers in a daze as a smile steadily crept on her lips. Hailey eyed her face and took in her beautiful sight – of flushed face and tremulous breathing. Their breaths mixed as Katherine felt fire blaze inside her bones, quaking to be set free.

"Would you eat me now?"

~

~

A/N: Crossing an unknown line, what would become of Hailey? Who was trying to kill them before? Will Ford and Jesslyn unmask the villain behind these failed attempts? Vote, Comment, and Follow if you haven't! (: All support appreciated.

Have a good weekend ahead guys! Also, I offer you a portable, battery powered mini-fan if it became too hot for you to read :3 lols, Please return at the end of the next chapter xD lolololol. 

Dedicated to WdCharmigne for their support of this and SoB! ^^ I am serious when I say I thank my readers and commenters and voters, etc! Hope you guys enjoyed this one! (:

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

384 31 28
[Spoilers for "Dance in Shadow & Whisper", book 1 of the Marionettes of Myth series!] She stepped through the doors of eternal night. Now the king of...
1.8K 191 36
Who knew that teen wolfs dead pool isn't over! Jessica a normal teenage girl good friends with Lydia is now stuck between good and evil! What will ha...
Concealed Ny tarafından

Gizem / Gerilim

453 79 21
II Finished II II Being Edited II Katherine was a regular girl. She had a good life with her mother. But one day in the middle of the night Katherine...
486 218 28
After spending years at a reform school for supernatural delinquents, Paige Davis, a witch with a bad reputation, returns to her hometown to finish h...