Rejecting The CEO Sure Requir...

By oreo_cheese_cake

Way too many plot twists. Read at your own risk. More

Chapter (1) ✔
Chapter (2) ✔
Chapter (3) ✔
Chapter (4) ✔
Chapter (5) ✔
Chapter (6) ✔
Chapter (7) ✔
Chapter (8) ✔
Chapter (9) ✔
Chapter (10) ✔
Chapter (11) ✔
Chapter (12) ✔
Chapter (13) ✔
Chapter (14) ✔
Chapter (15) ✔
Chapter (17) ✔
Chapter (18) ✔

Chapter (16) ✔

15.5K 539 88
By oreo_cheese_cake

Ladies and gentlemen,

Sexists and feminists,

The long awaited auction will finally take place in this chapter!

I hope it's worth the wait...

Enjoy!

-

Emily's POV

You know how the shy and reserved protagonist (yep, the good girl or the nerd) in almost every story dresses decently everyday, unlike the girls surrounding her until she gets invited to an event like a high school party or a business party and snaps out of her comfort zone for that occasion forcefully, due to a friend or just because she feels like it.

Then she dresses up in a short, black dress that reaches just above her knees and hugs her figure perfectly, highlighting her curves, along with 3-4 inch red heels that contrast wonderfully with her bright red lipstick and black smoky eyes.

Then what happens when she enters the party? She obviously steals the spot light and leaves people wondering who the hell she is.

That was most certainly not the case here.

For starters, I was no protagonist. Shy and reserved? Maybe.. around the people I was not familiar with, but no way did the world revolve around me.

So here I was standing backstage at the charity event, in a frilly, yes frilly, baby pink gown that was the epitome of girly. (A/N- insert picture of Emily's gown)

My makeup consisted of pink lipstick (A/N- like the one in my display pic lol) and a single layer of eyeliner. My hair was left in waves that reached my waist.

Anyone seen the real life version of Barbie? Well she was China quality compared to me.

Okay maybe I was exaggerating a bit, but still... this look was making me really uncomfortable and the frills were becoming unmanageable!

Samantha's mom had arranged 25 dresses and when I arrived, all the dresses had been taken by the other girls so I was left with this one. Not my fault that they arrived before time just to choose a dress.

So much for the short, black dress.

I doubt anyone would want to bid on barbie.

But then his words entered my mind,

"You know what, I might just pick you instead."

Nah, he was just fooling around.

"Pink is definitely your color." Mrs Burette AKA Samantha's mom or the host of this event, exclaimed as she hugged me. I just smiled in response. I knew I looked hideous. She, herself looked really pretty in her golden short dress and didn't look a year above 30 despite being 53.

"You got ready in five minutes yet managed to look so pretty and elegant. The other girls should learn something from you." She said looking around at the other 24 girls who were busy with their makeups and hairstyles.

"Thank you Mrs Burette. And I must say, you look strikingly beautiful and so damn young! You need to tell me the secret of your everlasting youth!"

She chuckled in response telling me how god was pleased with her and enabled her to remain fit naturally. And no she did not mention how her diet consisted of salad only or how she had three plastic surgeries.

"Damn, look at the time, guests are already starting to fill up." She said, glancing at her mobile screen. As I looked outside from the side stage, I could actually see the hall starting to get crowded.

My eyes automatically started searching for a certain someone. Would he bid on me? I guess I got the answer when Lilly walked in from one of the dressing rooms, looking exceptionally beautiful in a red foot long flowy gown complimented with dark red lipstick and red 3 inch heels, clearly making her stand out infront of my dull baby pink gown and nude heels almost the same color as my dress.

"Do you see him?" She screeched excitedly.

"Him?"

"Yeah, Adrian!" I raised my eyebrow.

"Your boss! Like the guy who is supposed to bid on me." She said in a tone which said 'ain't it obvious.'

"Do you know anyone that you're gonna bid on?" Lilly asked in a curious tone. " I mean, you are going to bid right?"

"Yep, it's an obligation for me. I know the host personally and she wants me to bid on someone. And I have no idea who to bid on. I'll just bid on you then."

Of course he's going to bid on her. What was I even expecting, he was toying with my feelings once again.

"I haven't seen him." I mumbled softly and walked to one of the empty seats.

Today was going to be a long day. Night actually, since it was nearly 10 pm. When was the god-dam bidding even going to start. I really wanted to get this over with. I shivered at the possibility of getting selected by an old hag then having to go on a date with him. Yikes!

After a long long while Mrs Burette entered.

"Okay girls, everyone's here. The guys have gathered and are ready with their paychecks. I'm sorry none of you got to mingle with anyone or eat anything at all, but just a couple of minutes then you may enjoy the buffet outside with your guys." She said with a wink causing me to scoff while most of the girls just sighed dreamily.

"I'll announce your names with a bit of a spiced up description. Stay on your heels." She said marching back outside.

Dressed in a royal blue gown, Samantha walked to me with a look of urgency on her face. "Here you are Emily, if you meet my step-" Before Samantha could finish her sentence, her name was called out. She muttered an 'oh well' and left for the stage. Step?

"Here we have Samantha Burette. The only daughter of the host of today's event! Yep, you're all looking at my daughter! And just like her me, she has worked for so many charity organisations." The description went on for what seemed like hours. Then the time for bidding came.

"$30K." Someone yelled. Of course I had no idea who that was because I was backstage.

"$35K."

The bid continued for a long while before someone said "150K." which was followed by silence and gasps.

"$150K! Anyone willing to go higher?" Came Mrs Burette's voice. After a moment of silence she asked the man who offered $150K to come up on the stage and take her daughter away for the date unless they wish to stay here.

Wow... $150, 000 from $30K. Well she was Samantha, no surprise there.

Suddenly I didn't feel like going on the stage at all. What if the men refused to bid a single penny on me. That would be really awkward.

I bit my lips as several other names were called. None of the girls being bid at anything less than $70K. Noone could beat Samantha's mark of $150K though.

"Shit, I'm feeling so nervous!" yelled a random girl in a yellow gown, as she took a seat next to me. "I'm Elena."

"I'm Emily and I'm feeling so hungry!" I yelled in the same tone as her. She just looked at me weirdly and left after giving me an awkward smile.

"Is being a foodie that much of a sin?" I mumbled to myself, hearing a chuckle in response. I lifted my eyes up only to be met by a pair of familiar eyes. There he stood, clad in a black tuxedo, the same messy dark hair. He was too hot, hot damn.

"Still obsessed with food, I see." He said, amusement lacing his tone.

"You haven't changed a bit." He said in his husky voice. Damn that British accent.

I was still in shock. What, how ? Wasn't he in Italy?

"Are you going to keep staring at me like that?" He chuckled. "Don't I get a hug?" He said spreading his arms. I quickly got up and hugged him, wrapping my arms around his shoulders while he wrapped his around my waist.

Damn, he had gotten even taller! What was he now? 6'1? I felt to short comparatively despite my heels!

"Vincent! Oh my gosh! What are you doing here and when exactly did you come back? Geez! Four freakin years! And no-"

(A/N- Vincent's pic above)

"Go easy with the questions!" He chuckled as he unwrapped his arms from around me. "Didn't Samantha tell you about my arrival?"

Oh so she was about to say step brother.

"What sort of a son would I be if I didn't attend my lovely step mother's Charity event? I arrived just this morning by the way." He said with a smile which had me almost melting. 'Almost.'

"I missed you so much." He softly muttered, staring deep into my eyes.

"Likewise." I replied with a polite smile, trying hard not to blush.

"You look beautiful by the way." He said glancing me from the bottom to the top, his eyes lingering on my chest for a while longer. Men...

"I take my words back. You have changed after all." He said with a smirk, causing my cheeks to go pink.

"Aw, she's blushing." He said pinching my cheeks.

"Am not!" I yelled while punching him lightly on his chest.

"Ouch. That sure hurts." He said, sarcasm lacing his tone.

"So what are you doing backstage?"

"Uh you know, just desperately waiting for my turn to get bid on." Get the sarcasm?

"Neither Samantha or my step mother mentioned that to me. I didn't even know you'd be here at the auction." He said, sounding a bit disappointed.

"I assume you did not sign up for this voluntarily."

"Of course not." I sighed as I sat back on the chair with him next to me. "Your mother was short on two girls so Lilly and I had to sign up as per request."

"Sad life." He muttered, with a smirk on his face, yet the disappointment was there in his eyes.

"Lilly Boston." My heart started thumping like a crazy because for a second I thought they announced my name.

She stood near the stage entrance, fanning herself with her hand in a very dramatic manner. She turned to look at me and I gave her a thumbs up while she looked at Vincent with a look of recognition and they both exchanged smiles. With that she stepped on the stage with a look of determination.

I wondered if she could beat Samantha's $150K mark. She did have Adrian bidding on her after all. The youngest and richest Bachelor.

"You okay?" Vincent asked, that'd when I noticed that I was spacing out and gritting my teeth. It was all Adrian's fault. I seriously wanted to cry. I did not want him to bid on Lilly. I just didn't.

"Yeah, just nervous. My turn is probably next. And I was just thinking how awkward it would be if noone would bid a single penny on me." It was true.

"And penguins can fly." He muttered to himself. "They would be crazy if they don't bid on you. Infact-"He said while standing up. "-I'll ensure that they don't bid on you."

What?

"Decide where you want to go on a date." He ran towards the back door before I could reply.

Holy mother of pink. Was he going to bid on me?

I was still in a state of shock when I heard the next announcement.

"$200K it is! The highest bid so far! You may take Lilly on a date now or enjoy your time here for the time being." Came Mrs Burette's voice and I immediately knew that it was Adrian who bid on her.

I felt like crying.

Lilly's POV

I hurried to the stage lifting my red gown up a bit since it was slowing me down. I walked on the stage and waved towards the bidders. My eyes searching for a specific one. I looked around searching for his eyes as Mrs Burette went on with my description.

I could see the guys checking me out. None of them could keep their eyes off of me, but of course I couldn't blame them. I was the spotlight of the event in my red gown and red lipstick.

"...let's start the bidding on this beautiful girl now."

Beautiful? Nah, not really. This word did no justice in describing how I actually looked so I just scoffed and winked at the crowd of men in expensive, tailored suits who were still checking me out. Then I finally saw him leaning against a wall on the extreme left, and my mouth went dry. He looked so delicious in the grey Armani suit he was wearing.

And damn, he was taller than most of the guys. I knew I would be the envy of all girls including Samantha, once he bids on me.

I kept looking in his direction and not once did he lift his eyes from his mobile screen to look at me. I was a bit disappointed. Look at me already Adrian.

Notice me senpai.

Then he finally looked up at me to find me already staring at him and smiled. I smirked In return. I knew this was going to be a long night. Iykwim.

The smirk on my face disappeared when he averted his gaze on his mobile once again.

The bidding had reached $100 now and he was still silent.

He probably wants to announce the amount after the final price has reached.

"$200." I turned to look at the source of the voice who jumped from $100 to $200. Yuck. A middle aged guy. What was he? 40?

The crowd went all 'ooh' and Mrs Burette was asking if anyone wants to go higher.

I could hear the crickets.

I desperately turned towards Adrian giving him the 'now's the time' look but he was on the phone with someone now.

Unbelievable!

"$200 it is! The highest bid so far! You may take Lilly on a date now or enjoy your time here for the time being."

No no no. This can't be happening.

He told me he'd bid on me.

Screw this. Screw you Adrian.

I turned to look at the chubby middle aged guy and found him grinning. One of his front two teeth missing. He extended his arm towards me as he reached the steps of the stage.

What have I done to deserve such a cruel fate?

Unbelievable.

I refused to hold his arm as I descended down the stairs.

I was still right about this being a long night.

Emily's POV

I was the only girl left backstage. All others had been bid on.

"Last but not the least, we have Emily Boston." Sam's mother announced from the stage. Shit.

I hurried towards the stage. My legs had given up on me. I couldn't take another step. I peeped from the corner and saw men clad in expensive, tailored suits. No sign of Adrian. Ofcourse not. He had left with Lilly.

I hope Vincent wasn't joking about the bidding part. He did ask me to decide the date location. He was really handsome as well yet I wasn't looking forward to the date at all.

"Emily Boston. Come out come out wherever you are." Came Mrs Burette's voice from behind the silver rostrum as she added an awkward chuckle.

Shit, I was wasting time.

You can do this Emily. I plastered a polite smile on my face and walked towards the stage turning towards the crowd and waving.

"And the lady in pink is finally here!"

As I looked around, I saw Vincent in the crowd, a smile plastered on his face. However my eyes went to the guy standing behind him, at a distance with his hands in his trouser pockets. Shock consuming me.

"She is-"

Just as his eyes met mine, I lost sight and balance. I stepped on my gown accidently and tripped right in the center of the stage, landing on my butt.

I even heard a few snorts and supressed laughter that were masked by coughs.

"-a bit clumsy." Mrs Burette finished awkwardly. "But aren't we all?" She added.

Shit. I was about to cry now. I have never felt such humiliation before.

I stood up, my cheeks heating up. I looked up and saw Adrian again. He was giving me an amused look just just like the other men in the hall. I turned my eyes away from the crowd and decided to have a staring competition with the marbled stage.

Why was he still here? Didn't he leave with Lilly? Where is Lilly then?

"She can be a bit shy but that just adds to her cuteness!"

"She's perfect for you if you're into virgins." She added cheerfully. She did not say that! I snapped my head in her direction and glared at her.

"Maybe that was too much information." She said with humor laced in her tone. "Anyways, she's the perfect package. Beauty with brains, witty and loves kids!" She said with a wink.

Fudge cake? Virgin, loves kids. What was she suggesting.

"Let's start the bidding, shall we?"

"100K!" Yelled a cute, blonde guy while my eyes widened in shock.

"Oh wow, the bid starts with 100K! Let's see who gets the last gem."

"$150K"

"170K!"

"200K!"

I didn't think anyone- including Vincent would bid on me after my humiliating scene but here I already reached the same bid as Lilly.

Speaking of Vincent... I turned to look in his direction but my hypocrite eyes went towards the figure standing behind him.

He was leaning against the wall casually, looking as handsome as ever. His eyes turned towards me and once again he caught me checking him out. This time he smirked. I just scoffed and turned my gaze towards Vincent who was giving me a confused look. I smiled as I looked at him, he returned the smile along with a wink.

The bid went on for a long while and I nearly fainted when someone announced "$400K."

Holy macaroni.

I turned towards the guy as did everyone else. There stood a guy in a black suit, who looked no older than 19.

Umm what?

"Can't anyone here take a joke." The teenage guy said with a shrug and embarrassed laughter. "I didn't expect anyone to hear me." He muttered and left the hall to save himself from further humiliation.

His exit was followed by a moment of awkward silence before someone announced "$500K."

This someone being Vincent.

My eyes widened for a fraction of time and I waited for him to confess that this was a joke as well, except he didn't.

Even Mrs Burette seemed shocked. Probably not expecting her step son to bid at all.

Silence again.

Mrs Burette cleared her throat in the mike. "I guess noone's going higher than that."

I bit my lip and my eyes turned towards the direction of Adrian again. Except this time, he wasn't standing there. I searched the crowd. No sign of him.

He left.

What did you expect Emily?

"$500K it is. You may now lea-" before she could complete her sentence, she was interrupted by one of the waiters who gave her a piece of paper that was folded in half.

"What is this?" The waiter whispered something in her ear and she replied with a 'very well.'

I turned towards Vincent who was giving his mother and the waitress an annoyed look while she opened the piece of paper, her eyes going wide.

"Hallelujah!"She yelled in the mike, as she placed her hand on her chest.

What

"I'm sorry son-" she turned her gaze towards Vincent "-but we have another bidder."

The

She turned the paper in her hand towards the crowd causing everyone including me to gasp.

Hell

It was a cheque that contained the digits $1000000.

I noticed Mrs Burette was hiding the name of the person who signed the cheque, with her fingers.

Who the hell in their rightful mind would bid $1M on me?

"This person wishes to remain a mystery so I won't be announcing their name." She said with a chuckle. She was the only one who seemed happy. The rest were all shocked or confused like me.

"There's a note at the back for Emily." She said with her eyebrow raised as she turned towards me and winked.

"Here, take a look." I walked towards the rostrum and read the words on the backside of the paper.

Meet me at your house. Don't make me wait too long. I'm not a very patient person ;)

After reading the last sentence, I just knew who it was.

A smile formed on my face and I ran down the stage, and outside the hall without sparing a glance at anyone else. Not even Vincent.

I hurriedly reached my car and took off.

-

I reached my home, parked my car on the street, and started looking around for him. My eyes frantically searching for his.

I was disappointed when I didn't see anyone. Not a person, not a car. Nothing. Empty street. Seconds later a motorbike parked behind my car. The guy got off and took off his helmet. A wave of disappointment hit me hard.

It was the same teenager from the charity event.

You have got to be kidding me.

"Don't tell me you're the one who bid $1 million on me." I whispered, my voice breaking. He seemed confused for a second before he gave me a cheesy smile that made me want to punch him square in the jaw.

"Anything for you." He said with a wink.

"So..." He said while taking predatory steps towards me while I stumbled back. In no time, he had me trapped against the wall.

I don't like where this is going.

I tried pushing him off me, but damn, he had some muscle. I screamed in frustration when he didn't even budge.

Tears starting streaming down my face as I stood their helpless. His mouth nearing mine.

Fuck you Adrian.

Before he could claim my lips, someone punched him square on the jaw causing him to drop to the ground and kicked him senseless until he ran to his bike and took off.

I looked up infront of me only to find unexpected eyes glaring at the guy's retreating figure. His eyes softened as he looked at me. He wiped the tears off my cheeks.

Did he bid on me?

I was shocked. Very shocked. But not disappointed. I was actually happy it was him.

"Shh, it's okay, I'm here now." He said while hugging me tightly. I hugged him back, only to push away a second later.

"D-did you bid on me?" I said with a hiccup. I had way too many questions.

"Yes I did." He sighed. "I know you have many questions. Let's go inside and talk. We need to get you a glass of water first."

"Come on." He said, dragging me towards the door - which was already open.

I don't remember opening it.

"Why was the door open?" I asked as we went inside and he sat me on the kitchen counter, while pouring a glass of water for me.

"I was waiting for you inside. I even parked my car away from your street. I'm sorry for using your house key again. I just wanted you to be surprised when you entered your house. That asshole ruined the surprise. I feel like an idiot now." He said as he neared the counter and passed me the glass of water.

"Well you are an idiot." I said with a smile, drinking the water. To think that he walked all the way to my street after parking his car. And it's a pretty long street...

"Gee thanks."

"Hmm?" I bit my lip as I noticed him standing really close to me now.

I wanted to ask him about how he bid on me, this was very unexpected, like who would have thought? But I dropped the subject.

Just then my stomach grumbled causing me to blush and him to give me an amused look. Awkward... but I must thank my stomach for the perfect timing.

He gave me a blank stare, then hurriedly ran towards the kitchen, returning back with two pears from the kitchen counter.

"This should do for until we go on our date shortly." He said offering me a pear. Honestly, I was really hungry. Anything would do for now. Also a date with him. Let's see how this goes.

"And just between us." He muttered as he took a bite from the other pear. "I think we make a nice pear." He winked causing me to burst into laughter.

Lucas and his puns.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 44 14
"𝑨𝒏𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒘𝒆𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒍𝒊𝒕𝒕𝒍𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒈𝒆𝒍 𝒄𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑 𝒉𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒚𝒆𝒔 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒅𝒆𝒗𝒊𝒍."
2.6M 71.3K 32
𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘦𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘸𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘳 ' 𝘞𝘩𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰𝘮 𝘮𝘰𝘳𝘦?' 𝘐 𝘨𝘶𝘦𝘴𝘴, 𝘐 𝘸𝘰𝘯. ♥️ 𝘚𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘢𝘴 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘣𝘪𝘭�...
1.6K 23 18
+21 story read at your own risk.
220K 8.5K 50
This book did not come out as planned, there are many errors but read at your own risk. If you do read make sure to like, comment, and follow. Thank...