Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
I'll Never Be The Same
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
A Heavy Choice To Make
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I Am For You
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
A Deal With God
I Won't Go Down Without A Fight
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

Running Wild and Running Free

1.7K 41 9
By saraj2117

When she opened her eyes a bright light filled the room making her groan and slam them shut.

"Either something happened and I'm in the hospital or someone opened the windows."

She heard a distant chuckle and turned her head, her eyes small slits to see her husband exiting the bathroom wearing a gray suit and fiddling with his tie.

"Am I actually seeing this?" She asked in disbelief. He actually looked...happy about going to work.

"Probably not very clearly since you're not wearing your glasses," he remarked.

She fumbled for her glasses she had laid on the night stand and slipped them on. Her eyes widened.

"I don't believe it. You're up early, and you're never up early. Are you actually excited to go to work?"

He smiled as he buttoned up his suit coat, then strode over to place a kiss on her temple.

"Today is a good day," he said simply. She smiled at his obvious enthusiasm. It was rare to see him so light.

"Why's that?"

"Because our company is our company again."

"Ah, that means you get to make the press release. You're right, today is a good day," she said with a cheeky grin as she leaned back against the headboard.

"Oh no, you're still my partner, I would hate to take the spotlight from you."

"Ha, no thank you. I'd rather shoot that spotlight out with one of your arrows."

"When did you get so violent?"

"You know I really don't know. I think it was already there but you brought it out in me."

"You say it like it's a good thing," he said his forehead creasing in worry.

"Oliver, everyone had darkness in them. What they choose to do with it makes them the person they are, good or bad. Felicity Smoak from five years ago would not have offered herself as bait for Mathis or pointed an arrow at the Huntress. I've become stronger since I've met you. So please, please don't think you're turning me into some vengeful wannabe vigilante. Because that is the last thing I want to be, like ever. I just want to be strong enough to protect my family. That's it."

"Good because there was no way I was ordering you a suit."

"Ugh, no way. After this baby joins the world there is no way I'm forcing myself into leather." She tried to sit up but ended up mostly waving her arms a grunting. "Would you mind?" He took her hand and helped her sit up straight. "What time is it?"

He checked his watch. "8:15."

"I need to get ready for work," she said hurriedly as she climbed out of bed and walked to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

"Why don't you stay home today?" Oliver asked while coming to lean on the door frame.

"Because everyone still thinks I'm the secretary that slept her way to the top," she replied as she rinsed her mouth.

"You don't have anything to prove."

"You're right, I don't. Not to the employees anyways. To myself... I do."

She ran a brush through her hair and tied it back in it's usual pony tail and started on her makeup. She decided to keep it light so it didn't take long to do. With a final swipe of her pink lipstick she caught Oliver's eyes in the mirror. She set the tube down and turned to lean against the counter, crossing her arms loosely.

"You've got thinking face. What's on your mind?"

"I've been thinking," he hedged.

"Uh-oh."

"Nothing bad. It's good actually."

"Your definition of good and mine are sometimes vastly different."

"Just listen and you can decide after."

She nodded for him to continue. She saw his smiled forming as he got ready to explain.

"I don't think Felicity Queen should be just a Executive Assistant anymore. You've worked very hard to get where you are and you deserve to be rewarded for that."

"I don't mind being your assistant Oliver." She didn't like being too far from him and if he was suggesting she leave the company well he had another think coming.

"I know you don't and neither do I. I like having you close." She smiled at how alike they were. "That's why I've been thinking you should be promoted."

"To what?"

"Vice President of Applied Sciences."

She chuckled a little. "Oliver it's a great idea but you're forgetting a minute detail. There is no Applied Science Department anymore."

"Exactly."

"Wait, I'm not following you."

"That's a first." She rolled her eyes and he laughed. "Felicity, with this job you can build Applied Sciences from the ground up. How you want it. It will be yours."

"Are you serious?" She asked, her mouth hanging slightly agape.

"Deadly," he replied and a moment later her arms were wrapped around his neck. He tightened his arms around her waist. "I'm guessing you like the idea?"

"I love it! Thank you, thank you!" She squealed still hanging from his neck.

"You'll need a little help and a few investors but I know you can manage that." She pulled back a smile threatening to stretch from her face.

"How long have you been planning this?"

"Three days. I just wanted to make sure it was possible before I told you. I talked to Ned Foster and Walter, they're both willing to help. Ned even said he might know someone who'd be willing to invest."

"You're amazing."

"There's more."

"How could there possibly be more?"

"Well you know I like to keep you close...." Her eyebrows rose and she gave him a what-are-you-up-to look. "That's why I'm remodeling our office floor and giving you a office. Right across from mine." She laced her fingers together behind his neck and pecked him on the lips.

"Just when I thought it couldn't get any better. I don't have words for how happy I am."

"Wow, I'm really getting good at these speeches lately."

"Don't get used to it. Our lives haven't exactly been normal lately."

"You can say that again."

"Do you realize our life is like some cliché movie? Drugged one night stand-" Oliver winced. "That leads to a baby, then we got married, your used-to-be-a-friend-before-I-turned-evil guy popped back up and kidnapped Thea, then your Mom figured out you spend your nights running around in green leather and then went from hating me to wanting me to call her Mom. We're a poorly written fanficion."

"A what?"

She shook her head. "Never mind."

"I don't think she hated you per-se..." she sent him a glare and he rose his hands in front of him. "Okay, Okay, she didn't necessarily like you but she did respect you, especially after you stood up to her."

"You're Mom is a very scary person, I'm glad she's on my side now."

"You're seriously scared of my Mother with what we do every night?"

"Yep, give me a cyber hacker any day," she threw over her shoulder on the way to the closet. He followed her and stood patiently as she went through her dresses.

"I thought it was better now?"

"It is, as long as I avoid calling her mom. It creeps me out." She sighed and turned to him. "But I'm going to do it because I love you and your sister and I want a good relationship with your Mother."

"Thank you Felicity," he said sincerely, quite touched that she would put aside her discomfort for his sake. His heart was in his eyes and she smiled softly.

"Don't get all sappy about it."

"I'm only a sap when it comes to you."

"There you go again," she huffed in fake outrage before turning back to try to find something to wear. She chewed on her lip and she went through dress after dress. She saw movement out of the corner of her eye and turned slightly to find Oliver leaning against the door jam again a smile tugging at his lips as he watched her. Was it just her or was he smiling a awful lot today? "What?"

"Nothing," he said with a shake of his head. She tilted her head and he laughed. "I just never thought I'd be here."

"In a closet with a half naked woman?" He laughed again and she couldn't believe how much he had done so in the past twenty four hours. Had someone slipped him something again?

"No," he said as he came forward and placed his arms around her waist. "I never thought I'd be at a place where I enjoyed watching a woman pick out a dress or put her make up on. I never thought I'd smile at finding lipstick stains on my collars or losing my t-shirts. Felicity..." he stared into her eyes and they were so open she couldn't tear her gaze away if the house had caught fire. "I never thought I'd be this close with anyone or that I'd crave it. I can't imagine that it would have happened with anyone but you."

She wiped a tear. "You're just trying to ruin my makeup," she choked out.

"You don't need it, you're beautiful."

"Now you're just sucking up."

"Nope, just telling my wife how much I love her."
"I love you too Oliver," she said and he gave her a kiss that she didn't want to end. She reluctantly pulled back and started to go through her dresses again for what seemed like the hundredth time. "I really need to go shopping," she murmured.

"Ask Thea, I know she'd be more than willing to go with you."

"Did you hear what you just said?" His eyes swiveled a little and he shrugged.

"If I took Thea shopping with me forget reopening the Applied Science Department, we'll go bankrupt."

He pressed his lips together. "It's only money," he finally says.

"You would say that," she replies as she slips on a black camisole.

"What I meant is that a small fortune spent on my wife to have comfortable clothes to wear, is money well spent. You didn't think I noticed the way you tug at your clothes did you? And I'd bet that bra is isn't comfortable either."

"Lots of bra experience have you?" She tugged two dresses off their hangers. "Try making a human being and then tell me why your clothes are tight."

"Just ask Thea Felicity. I'm one hundred percent positive that going with my sister would be better than going with you Mother." She shuttered. "See?" He said his eyes wide as he started to leave the closet.

"Oliver?"

"Yep?"

"Thank you," she said. It was still strange for someone to take care of her. Especially Oliver. It was time she learned to let people help her.

"I'll go get us some coffee," he replied with a smile, his blue eyes light. She didn't need any reply other than that. They had always been better at non-verbal communication anyways. "Oh, and wear the purple one," he said as he pointed at one of the dresses in her hands. He left with a grin and she wore a matching one as she finished getting ready for work.

>>-------->

Work went well and she got a lot done. It was going on noon when Oliver stuck his head out the door of his office.

"Felicity there's a Mr. Palmer on the phone, I haven't understood a word he's said other than his name but he said something about a TX50." Her eyes widened.

"TX50?" She asked excitedly.

"Uh, yeah does that mean something?"

"It's a processor, not even out yet. Top of the line. Oh I would love to just touch one," she finished dreamily.

"Okay, so I guess that means you want to talk to him?"

"Patch him through to my line." A moment later her phone rang. "Mr. Palmer," she answered.

"Felicity Smoak?" She expected to hear the voice of a older man but this guy sounded not much older than her.

"Actually it's Queen."

"Oh right, you must be Mr. Queens wife. The one who's restarting the Applied Science Division correct?"

"Right. How did you know that?"

"Word spreads. I'd be interested in investing if that is something you'd be interested in."

Ray Palmer spoke fast. Like really, really fast. If she didn't know better she'd say they were related. Dear Lord, that isn't what she sounds like all the time is it? How in the world did Oliver stand it?

"Possibly. I'd want to meet with you first of course."

"You bet, I have a lot of ideas. Queen Consolidated could corner the market on technological advances with some diligent work and forward thinking opportunities." She ran a hand over her face and shot Oliver a look through the glass. He ignored her but she could see a tick of his lips even at a distance.

"Yeah I have no doubt, we'll set up a meeting. Now my husband said something about a TX50?"

They were on the phone for another forty five minutes, Ray did most of the talking. When she finally hung up she was mentally exhausted and her head ached. She was really starting to understand the whole 'opposites attract' thing. She and Ray were exactly alike and that made her even more thankful for Oliver.

She strode back into his office and sighed while dropping a file on his desk. He looked up from his computer.

"How'd it go?"

"Great, he's interested in being a AS investor. We have a meeting scheduled for next week. If anyone asks I'm full booked this week. I think I have a limit with how much I can listen to Palmer. One word to describe him would be overly enthusiastic. I think I need a nap just from talking to him. " She took off her glasses and pinched the bridge of her nose.

"What's wrong?"

"Headache," she said as she slipped her glasses back on.

He swiveled his chair and put out a arm in invitation, the other patting his thigh. She smiled at the gesture but shook her head.

"Oliver we're in the office."

"Yeah, so?"

"So-" she started but he interrupted.

"What name is on the side of the building?"

She tapped her foot against the floor. "Queen."

"Which is my last name and yours so.. that means if I want my wife to sit innocently in my lap then I can."

"I might break you lap."

"Trust me you wont," he assured her and sending her a pleading look. She caved and a moment later settled herself gently on his lap, wrapped her arms around his neck and laid her head on his shoulder. She sighed in contentment as he rubs circled on her lower back.

"Don't let me go to sleep" she yawned. He just kept rubbing her back. If he didn't stop that she'd be asleep in minutes. "Oliver?"

"Mmm?"

"We need to stop Slade."

"I know, I've been thinking about that too."

"It's been too quiet, I don't trust the calm."

"Neither do I."

"I know you think you're fooling everybody but you don't fool me. I know this has been weighing on you, far more than you've let on." He ran his hand down her arm and set his chin atop her head. "I've noticed all the extra security too, around the mansion, here, following us everywhere we go."

"You're more observant than I gave you credit for."

"I've been working on it."

"We'll figure something out Felicity."

"I know, I just have a bad feeling. We were very fortunate to get Roy back. I bet you even have a security detail on him."

"I appreciate you just going with it."

"I know why you did it. You're trying to protect your family. How could I find fault in that?"

"We'll meet at Verdant tonight, try to get some work done."

"No you won't," came a familiar cheery voice. She nearly groaned as she pressed her nose to Oliver's collarbone.

"Speedy what are you doing here?" Oliver asked.

"Came to steal my sister in law but I can see she's a little occupied." A blush automatically formed spreading to her cheeks.

"It's not what it looks like." She blurted.

"Felicity, don't lie to her. I told you we need to have those blinds put back up." Oliver smirked and she sent him a dirty glare.

"Eww Ollie," Thea exclaimed, her nose wrinkling in disgust.

"That'll teach you to come in without knocking."

"Oliver if you haven't noticed not knocking is actually a Queen family fault," she stated as she rose from his lap prying his fingers from her hip. "Thea don't listen to your brother, we weren't doing anything." She sent him a look in which he responded with a tilted head and puppy dog eyes. She had to keep from rolling her eyes as she turned towards Thea. "So what are you doing here?"

"Girls day and then I have a surprise." She groaned.

"Thea, I really can't take any more surprises." Thea gave a dramatic huff.

"Well if you must know the exact itinerary Mrs. Grumpy Pants we are going to lunch, do a little shopping and then we have your shower at 6:00." She finished the last bit so fast she almost missed it.

"Wait...did you say shower?"

Thea tilted her head and shrugged. "More or less."

"Thea! Why didn't I know about this sooner?"

"Because I figured you'd try to bail out. So I took the surprise route. Surprise!" Thea threw her hands up in the air.

She heard muffled laughter and turned to find Oliver covering his mouth with his hand.

"Not helping," she growled at him and he just shrugged. When she turned back to Thea her face was filled with hope and she just couldn't deny her that. All her exasperation drained away. She would much rather be spending time with Thea than on the phone with Ray or trying to read Oliver's scribbles from a meeting he hadn't really paid attention too. "Let me get my purse." Thea put her hands together and smiled.

"Nope, no purse. It will just weigh us down and we're going to be carrying a lot of shopping bags."

"Thea," she whined. "I thought you said we were only doing a little shopping."

"Felicity, my dear, dear clueless sister." Thea said theatrically while draping a arm around her shoulder. "You should know me better than that."

She grumbled something under her breath about irritating people and why everyone in her life was so spunky.

"This is going to be fun. Stop being a grouch."

"More like grinch," the whisper barely reached her ears and she glanced over her shoulder.

"What was that Oliver?" He looked up, his eyes a little wide in surprise.

"Uh, I said glich." He looked down at his desk in search of something. A second later he wiggled his mouse and hit it on the desk a few times for show. "Computer glich. See?"

"Uh-huh, I thought so." Thea giggled and they started to leave the room.

"Hey! No strippers," yelled Oliver as they reach the glass doors leading to the elevator banks. Thea opened her mouth to reply but she shook her head to silence her.

"No promises," she called back, sending him a wink as she pulled Thea around the corner and to the elevators leaving Oliver with a slack jaw and growly face. Thea sent her a sideways glance. "What?"

"Maybe I'm rubbing off on you," she said as she gripped her sides from laughter. "I've never seen Ollie's face look like that."

"What? Like he ate a lemon?"

"You're the only one that's had that affect on him. How do you do it?"

"My dear, dear Thea, there's a lot you don't know about me."

They laughed all the way to the bottom floor and she was pretty sure the burly dudes Diggle had hired for their protection thought they were crazy. But she and Thea didn't care. Not one bit.

>>------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 27 3
They say third time's a charm...But nobody ever told Felicity she would babble like a silly 'fangirling' teen the third time she encountered the refo...
4.2K 86 10
Oliver Queen after spending 5 years on Lian yu returns to star city, to right his father's wrongs. But, what happens when Oliver is sent by Amanda wa...
2.1K 75 6
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) Felicity's night goes from bad to worse when a certain vigilante breaks into her car. But it doesn't take long for it to go...
178K 3.9K 30
Accepting that Oliver and Sara are together, Felicity buries her feelings for him and moves on with someone else. Meanwhile, Oliver thinks he's happy...