The Devil's Daughter

By Werepanther

Angelica Shanley is beautiful. She is so beautiful that she can't stare at her own reflection for too long be... More

Author's Note
Prologue
~1~
~2~
~3~
~4~
~5~
~6~
~7~
~8~
~9~
~10~
~11~
~12~
~13~
~14~
~15~
~16~
~17~
~18~
~19~
~20~
~21~
~22~
~23~
~24~
~25~
~26~
~27~
~28~
~29~
~30~
~31~
~32~
~33~
~34~
It's a Blaz piece
Ask the Characters
~35~
~36~
~37~
~38~
~40~
~41~
~42~
~43~
~44~
~45~
~46~
~47~
~48~
BOOK 2: The Kingdom of Nightmares
Hi. 01/05/2019

~39~

763 50 3
By Werepanther

Vote, Comment, share

🎼The day ended and I have never felt so lost in my life. I'm not used to this. I feel almost incomplete as if I forgot something today but I guess it's just the absence of Blaz. Without him to aggravate, infuriate, making hurtful/sexual comments about me, without him even breathing down my neck is just well... it's foreign.

I've grown so used to him that I don't know how to function when he's not here. Nicole has kept her distance and I think that's only because she's afraid of our principal losing his temper on her again. I avoided Henry, Lara avoided me and I avoided slowly sinking into madness. Ha! But I'm already mad!

I rushed through people in the street even tried to teleport a few times but it exhausted me after moving two metres from the original spot.

"Angelica?" I stiffened turning my head down in the direction where his voice came from.

"Ranger." He was propped back against the dirty brick wall in between two buildings. "You brought me to an alleyway? Is this where you hold a knife to my throat and steal my wallet?"

"This is where," He started taking my hand and interlocking our fingers. "We go take that train." He gestured with his chin to a train station just across from us. "And I take you out to somewhere so I can help you."

I tugged my hand from his grip and slipped it in my jumper pocket. "Why can't we just talk about it here?"

"We don't know whose listening and there's a place I know that even Blaz himself would never enter." That finalised my decision.

"Take me." He smiled and his lip rip winked under the light. He pulled his grey hood over his head, the shade of it lighter than mine and strutted past me expecting me to follow. I did despite the gut feeling telling me not to.

~ 🎶 ~

Every once in awhile when we were off the train walking down unfamiliar streets I would glance over my shoulder sensing eyes watching me from somewhere. And every time I saw nothing out of the ordinary I mentally hoped it was just Mr Cat looking for me. Ranger though I know he is no danger to me is too quiet for my liking. He's probably safer than Blaz though so I tried to feel less uneasy in the silence.

"So what did the rat do?" He finally asked.

"I don't want to talk about him Ranger."

"Fair enough." He grinned to himself.

"Oh God if you start to behave as smugly as him I will take my business elsewhere."

His face dropped and he looked at me panicked. "Oh no... Uh Angelica..."

"I've already had Henry tackle me to the ground and act like HIM so if you start with me!"

"Angelica! I would never behave like him. He's a rodent. I don't know what happened to you with that mortal but if you need me to..."

"I can sort out my own problems."

"Did he try something?"

"Did you not listen to what I just said?" I snapped viciously and he stared ahead dumbstruck. A face reading 'better shut up or the time bomb will explode' so I only got more pissed off.

"Uh... alright." He dragged out. Then he suddenly stopped and pointed to something ahead of us. "Never mind. So see that building over there?" I looked. How could I miss it?

"Th-the building has a building floating above it." And it's upside down. Am I losing my mind? Oh wait. I already lost it.

"Oh good you can see it." He beamed relieved. "My father runs it."

"What is it other than an upside down tower?"

"It's just a hang out for our kind." A hang out? That sounds so incredibly normal for abnormal creatures? Why are we so humane?

"All the light angels?"

"Yes." He stated proudly. You have a private café Ranger that's nothing to be so smug about.

"Wait. Will I be allowed to enter?"

"Of course. You're a Light Angel."

"Not just that."

"They'll never know Angelica. Besides in there no one would dare question my judgment."

"You think a little too highly of yourself. It's making me want to vomit." I'm not joking. I feel nauseous.

"Come along angel face. We have much to discuss." I swallowed back the uneasy feelings and proceed forward to cross the street. It wasn't until I saw a shadow of a great bird on the pavement that jolted to a stop barely even making one step on the road. When I glanced at Ranger to question him I saw that he had seen it to. He wasn't happy, so I can safely assume that it's not one of his Light angel buddies. Can I safely assume that I am safe? Yeah sure.

"Ranger." I whispered.

"Get behind me." There was a scream of terror faraway and I jumped in fright. People who were passing by glanced around confused or startled. Ranger pushed me back into a deserted alleyway gripping my shoulders tightly. "Angelica stay here."

Bad idea. "But..."

He cupped my chin in his hand and my breathing hitched. He whispered his silver eyes looking deeply into my own. "I'll be right back."

Please don't kiss me.

He wandered off crossing the street and as if he was invisible his snow white wings ripped out from his hood expanding at great lengths that I had to awe. He flew away and hand sieved my waist and another covered my mouth pulling me into a warm body. I squealed and squirmed until I was forced to turn around and met with his agonizingly brutal grin.

I shook his hand off my mouth. God knows where it's been. "You." I sneered.

"Me." Blaz kept an arm around me as if we were a couple but really he was keeping me from doing a runner. "What are you doing out here?"

"What am I doing? You're following me!"

"Let's be real here I'm not following you..." His grin only turned more sinister and seductive. Shit. I did not say that. "I'm stalking you." I snickered bemused. "So I have every right to throw you over my shoulder right now and..."

"You weren't going to tell me anything after what happened."

"I never said that." He whispered putting some distance between our faces. He's acting as I just then with those words stabbed him in the chest.

"But." I was cut off again!

"Never go to Ranger again." He ordered in a threatening tone. I proudly didn't tremble.

"I'll go to whoever I please besides after what you did to me I don't want anything more to do with you."

"I'm your only hope princess."

"Clearly not." I said over my shoulder for Ranger. I hoped he would appear at any moment. Blaz stepped in my line of vision and I noticed that for this entire time he's had his finger hooked onto one of the loops on my jeans.

"You enjoyed it." He purred bringing back the smirk. My heart fluttered. Don't for it heart for once listen to the brain.

"What?" I asked pretending to act confused. He pulled me close by my jeans and I tripped into him.

"Kissing me. Feeling me... Groping me."

I smacked his chest appalled but blushing. Hormones why? "I did not grope you I was too busy freaking out over you groping me."

"You still enjoyed it." Goddamit I'm blushing again. Stop stop. Stop! Stawp.

"So did you." I breathed putting up my own smirk. The change of mood made warmth spread from my chest curling my toes. He seemed as frustrated as me with his eyes darkening and his jaw tightening. But he turned around and a wave of disappointment washed over me. Don't be disappointed in that be disappointed you feel for his evil temptation again.

"You're no longer needed Pansy boy." He said. I gazed over his shoulder and stared at Ranger. He looked at us lacking emotion in his face. It irked me.

"That's up to Angelica to decide." Ranger replied.

Blaz clenched his fists. "No it's not. It's up to me since I'm the only one that seems to care about her safety. You think your father is going to believe she's just a fellow Light Angel. One he's never seen before."

"Care about her safety? Ha! That's a laugh coming from you. Come along Angelica you're safe with me." Ranger held out his hand expecting me to walk over.

Blaz looked at me with a serious epression. He whispered so only I could hear. "Princess you know better. Even you realise that this isn't a good idea."

They both watched me in anticipation. I viewed the cat sitting way away behind them. Once again he appears as my Knight in shining armour come to save the damsel in distress.

"You're right Blaz..." He grinned a sly grin about to spit something witty at Ranger but I intervened before he could. "But I'm not going anywhere with you."

"Rich girl can't we just forget about it?" He whispered angrily.

I want to! I desperately want to but I'm not sure I can.

"Forget what?" I said forcing a small smile. He seemed satisfied with that answer but something small and silver shot out piercing into Blaz's shoulder. He blubbered out in pain falling to the wet concrete and I fell down with him grabbing his arm. "Blaz!" I screamed.

Vote Comment Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

180 1 18
Angelica has spent her whole life trying to make her parents happy , including dating a guy who hated her . On her 21st birthday she found her boyfri...
1.3M 13.1K 15
"Mine." His low growl of possession took my heart and the fate of my panties. They were soaked through with arousal. Damn it. I stroked his face as h...
377 11 7
Hell is deadly. Heaven is too marvelous. What's in between? War. Xander died, but not quite. God made him immortal to recreate what had happened in t...
2.2K 329 60
Join Eve on a thrilling journey into the mystical world of angels, demons, and fallen angels. As she starts college, little does she know that her li...