Bad is an Understatement | ✓

By IvyKnightWP

"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen he... More

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Summary
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The start of Winter Break
Chapter 31: First Night
Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 33: Shopping!
Chapter 34: History
Chapter 35: The call
Chapter 36: Neighbours
Chapter 37: Is Santa here yet?!
Chapter 38: It's Christmas!
Chapter 39: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 40: No more lies
Chapter 41: Hide
Chapter 42: Road Trip
Chapter 43: More Time
Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry
Chapter 45: Happy New Year!
Chapter 46: Canada?!
Chapter 47: Home
Chapter 48: One
Chapter 49: Keeping Your Enemies Close
Epilogue
FOLLOW AMORA NEXT

Chapter 20

172K 5.3K 776
By IvyKnightWP

Friday. Jen's taking me to buy a car then I'm going to take the car, that I buy, to tonight's fight which is at midnight.

Logan still hasn't sent me the list for the top fifty. I've been getting really nervous about this, because I haven't fought since I was nineteen. About Logan, he told me his flight lands tomorrow at three p.m.

"Riley, are you ready?" Jen asks breaking my thoughts.

"Yeah." I nod.

Jen drives me to a local car dealer. "Ms. Levers. It's a pleasure to see you today. What can I help you with?" A guy greets us wearing his finest suit.

"Mr. Collins, my friend here is looking for a car." He nods and starts walking.

"These are our finest cars." He gestures to a line of Ferraris. They all looked amazing, but the grey one catches my eyes. I was about to say yes to the grey one, but Jen speaks before me.

"We're actually on a budget. Do you have any other cars?" He nods and walks somewhere else. I look at the price of the car. Three hundred eighty five thousand dollars. I sigh. I totally would've blown my cover if I had said yes to him. Of course it's this expensive. I'm so stupid. I need to buy two cars. I'm not letting this one go though. Maybe it would've been smarter if I had thought about all this before... oh well.

We stop in front of a Honda Civic twenty fifteen model. Thirty five thousand dollars. "I'll take it." I say before Jen could interrupt. Jen raises an eyebrow," What? I have money saved up." I shrug.

"Okay, I just have to go to the washroom. I'll meet you inside." She says.

"Okay." I smile. I wait for her to leave." Okay, I want this one and I want that grey Ferrari. You pretend like I'm only buying one in front of Jen. I'm paying by debit for both, and I want you to drop the Ferrari off at this address." I hand him a piece of paper. He nods and we walk inside to do the paperwork.

*********

"Hey, are you sure you will be able to pay the car off?" Jen asks.

"Yeah, why?"

"You know, like you saved that money up and I just didn't want you to spend it all on a car. If you need any-"

"Jen it's nice of you to offer, but I promise I'll be fine." I told Jen I bought this car on a loan so that all this looks more realistic to her. A white lie won't hurt anyone. She nods in response.

"Do you have any plans for the night?" Jen asks.

"I might, why?"

"I was wondering if you wanted to go to Luke's party tonight."

"Luke's having a party tonight?" My words full of surprise.

"Yeah, I thought he would've invited you."

"Well I didn't get the invitation."

"Looks like he didn't take things as lightly as you thought." Jen comments.

"Yeah." I sigh. I didn't want to hurt him. I hope he doesn't think I was just using him or something. I haven't seen him for two days.

*********

"Hey, I'm leaving." Jen says.

"Okay." I reply. She leaves shutting the door behind her. Finally. I've been waiting for her to leave it's already twelve.

I get up to change. I wear black leggings with an adidas jacket. I zip it up enough to let the grey and pink lined sports bra to show.

I drive my new Honda to the garage I got my Ferrari parked at. "Hey, thanks for keeping my car." I say to Cole. He's a friend of Logan's.

"Yeah, no problem it's right there and heads up." He throws the keys at me. I catch them with ease.

"Thanks, heads up." I say throwing the Honda's keys to him. He catches them just as gracefully.

I walk over to my baby. I sigh. It's mine. I get in and start driving it. I stop on a red light. "Hey, pretty thing. Why are you driving such a beautiful masterpiece? Come over and I'll show you how I drive." He smirks. It took me a minute to understand what he was talking about.

"Yeah and maybe I could also show you my black belt."

"Oh, you could show me way more then that." He's hopeless.

"Maybe some other time." The light turns green and I press all the way down on the gas pedal. I bring my left hand out the window and show him the middle finger. Pervert.

I drive into an underground parking downtown. The parking belonged to a broken old building.

I get out and get into the elevator which took me down stairs. The doors open and I see two very built guys guarding the main entrance. "ID please." One of the dark haired one says. I hand him my ID.

"Chloe Rodriguez." I nod and he opens the door. I take the ID back from him. I know everything I'm doing is illegal, but I can't have people knowing I'm here. I mean Ivy Knight.

I hear people cheering. "Rider! Rider! Rider!" I push through the crowd of people and make my way towards the ring.

When I get there I see a guy beating another guy to death. The man looked around my age he was pretty built, but it wasn't too much. I couldn't see his face from here, but I could see a bruise forming on the side of his neck. The referee's whistle blows and he still doesn't stop. The referee has to drag him off. "Okay, money's up everyone!" I hear a familiar voice saying behind me. I turn around. Shit. Dylan. What the fuck is he doing here?!

I think to myself as I walk to the other side of the ring. Holy shit. I think to myself when I see who rider is. "And the winner is... Rider!" The referee lifts up Rider's left arm.

Rider Ha. I smile. He grabs the mic. "We have gotten word that everyone from the top fifty has accepted their invitations to fight. Ivy knight has too. That means I will beat her ass making my fellow fighters and all of you proud to be an LA citizen. I heard Ivy was suppose to be here tonight, but she chickened out. She wasn't even fighting. How pathetic." He lets a laugh out and my blood starts to boil. "If anyone knows her send her this message. Please. I will beat your pretty little ass. I will make you regret not staying home and doing your nails like other girls."

"Imma kill this guy." I mutter to myself as I climb the ring.

"Why are you being such a sexist little big, Rider?" I look him right in the eyes while I smirk. His reaction though. I'm literally laughing on the inside.

"Ri-" I grab the mic from him.

"So here I am. Ivy Knight. You had a lot to say when I wasn't up here. Wanna say more? Or are your panties in a knot?" I ask and he glares at me. Another guy comes on stage and passes Rider another mic.

"Too chicken to come in with your real ID?"

"I didn't know people wanted to know me."

"Who wouldn't want to know who number one is?" Number one. Huh? I could learn live with that.

"Numbers don't count for me. Skills do. On and off the court, but too bad you don't have any. I really wanted to have some competition."

"How'd you know? You're from Canada!" A voice from the crowd yells.

"I know a lot more, then you guys think. The player has to know the players if you're playing to win." Riders face is just stunted.

"Rider's gonna beat your ass." Another voice says.

"Yeah? Well, I hope he doesn't have his panties in a knot that day, because your Rider seems scared to me." I laugh and shove the mic into Rider's chest. "I'll be seeing you later, pretty boy." I whisper into his ear.

I climb down and make my way towards the door. "Ri- Ivy!" I hear Dylan's voice. "Ivy!" I hear his voice, but I don't stop. I take a right towards the stairs instead of taking the elevator. I get up two flights when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I turn around hit his arm off my shoulder, grab his arm with my right hand and twist it behind his back pushing him up against the wall.

"If you fight like this in the ring. you can forget about winning." I let go of Heath.

"What the fuck Riley! You're a fucking street fighter?!"

"No. I was just pretending to be Ivy and get countless attacks on me until the actual game." I vaguely state.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny. So how long?"

"Since I was fifteen." No emotion lingering my tone.

"Why?"

"That's for you to find out. What about you?"

"You'll find out eventually."

"Huh." I nod.

"You know they hate you already, and they're going to bet on me."

"It's good. They'll hate me even more after I beat your ass and take their money." I smile and start walking.

"You know!" He says behind me," You always call me a player, but have you ever thought you're one too."

"Always." I reply before disappearing up down the stairs. It's all part of the act.

*********

"Where have you been?" Jen asks as I enter our room. Wasn't she suppose to be at Luke's party?...

"Places. Why?"

"Because someone just uploaded this picture." Jen holds her phone up letting me see her screen. I take it from her hand and look at the picture. It was of Heath and I in the ring. "Ivy Knight vs. Rider, huh?" I read the caption.

"Yup." She says," So can I know when you changed your name to Ivy, or is that your real name?" Oh damn. She's mad.

"Jen-"

"Save it Riley, or Ivy whatever your name is. If you're not going to tell me the truth, I don't feel like hearing a lie either." She takes her phone away.

"Hey, everything I've told you from day one is true. These are just things I haven't gotten to, mostly because I thought they would stay in the past. Untouched."

"So you're not going to tell me?" She asks.

"I'm sorry, not today."

"I really trusted you Riley." She lays down on her bed and turns around facing away from me.

I'm so sorry Jen. I seriously didn't want to hurt her like this. I didn't think it would hurt her so much, but I know it's not just me. I've slit open an old cut. "I'm really sorry Jen." She doesn't answer back. I get up and get ready to go to bed.

What a long day.

A/N:

How are you guys? Had like the worst day possible yesterday. So I've been writing all day to make it up.

Vote-Comment-Share-Follow!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2M 76K 78
"You broke my first rule," I whispered in her left ear as I pulled down her underwear under the table slowly with my hungry fingers. "Why are you wea...
1.3K 71 7
What would you do if your boyfriend broke up with you for someone else? Even worse. She is that girl. Popular, shallow and horribly perfect. The one...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
8.3M 227K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...