Just the Two of Us

By eiffelluke

DISCLAIMER: I have thought many times to revise this but I just couldn't bring myself to it. This is a fanfic... More

0
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25

12

1.1K 30 7
By eiffelluke

"Happy birthday to youuuuu!" Luke sang with a smile as Katianna blew her twelve candles.

Kat cut the chocolate cheesecake and gave a slice to her father, quietly enjoying their pieces of cake. It was awkward for a while.

"Kat, I'm sorry I wouldn't let you have a birthday party. It's just that I'm-"

"Not rich. I know that. It's okay," Katianna beamed at Luke, whose worry was wearing off by her smile.

"Well, yes that, but it's just that..Your friends have both a mum and dad and it just makes me feel awkward inside and-"

"Then get a girlfriend."

"A girlfriend?"

"A girlfriend." Whenever Luke mentioned the word 'parents,' Kat would always think about her mum who only stayed with her and her dad for a year. One of the things on Katianna's to-do-list was to meet her mum and bond with her..If her mum even liked her.

"I don't know...I haven't really been seeing anyone lately and...I think one girl in the household is enough."

"Well, thank you," Kat thanked sarcastically, then took another spoonful of cheesecake and chocolate.

"Sorry I just...Your mum wasn't exactly nice to me during her pregnancy and before. It could've been her wild hormones or just pure hatred..I don't know. But I don't want to go through that again...A-and I was dating your freakin' kindergarten teacher like, 7 years ago. "

"But what if your next mate is nice? What if her name's..Miranda? I really like the name Miranda. I've heard that Mirandas are really generous and are really pretty..That's what you want, right?"

Miranda. M i r a n d a. Oh, that horrible name.. "That's your mum's name."

"Oh.." Kat pouted. "I'm sorry dad."

"No, it's okay."

"Oh! Can I open my present now?" Katianna changed the subject, and her dad nodded with a crooked smile. She took the small bag from under the table and took a box out from inside.

The white rectangular box with a phone on the top and the words 'iPhone 5' were in black on either side of the box.

"An iPhone 5?!" Kat screamed, making Luke drop the dishes in the sink and plug his ears. She ran to his father and hugged him as tight as she could, smiling with tears almost falling out. "I love you so much dad! Thank you!!!"

"You're welcome, Katy cat," Luke hugged her back, giving her a crooked smile. It was weird how, at times, they acted more like brother-and-sister than father-and-daughter.

- - - -

Year 7, First Day of School

"Bye, Kat," Luke gave his daughter a kiss on the forehead before she walked into the doors of the hellhole known as school.

"Bye dad," Katianna hugged her dad with an arm. As she climbed out of the car, Luke last said, "Have fun!"

"That's impossible," She shook her head, then closed the passenger door, running over to her 'squad,' consisting of her, Yvonne, Lucy-Morgan, a boy named Calum, and a boy named Ashton.

As she hugged her 'squad,' Calum never seemed to let go of his best friend.

"It seems like Calum and Kat are at a good start of their relationship," Lucy-Morgan remarked, crossing her arms. The two let go, both of them blushing so much that you'd be able to see the shade of pink from a mile away.

"Shut up 'Luce," Yvonne defended. "They just haven't seen each other in a while."

"But Kat only hugged me for like, a millisecond! A minute of hugging must mean something," Lucy crossed her arms.

"You're just jealous," Ashton gave Lucy a playful push, making her push him so hard that he fell to the ground. Now, Ashton and Lucy's friendship is different than Katianna and Calum's. While Ashton and Lucy tease each other (violently at times,) Calum and Kat clearly display their love for each other, but they don't admit it.

"You guys are obviously in love anyways," Yvonne smirked, looking at Calum and Kat who were still blushing. "I bet you all that Calum's gonna propose to Kat, and then they're gonna get married, and then they're gonna have octuplets, and then they're gonna grow old and all that wrinkly and old stuff."

"Okay guys, let's all head to class," Ashton reminded everyone.

"But I don't know what class I'm in," Kat frowned, forgetting all about school already.

"Oh, I checked. We're all in the same class," Yvonne said. "You're welcome."

- -

"Katianna Hemmings?" The teacher called, and Kat uttered a simple "here."

"Nice to meet you, Katianna. Um..Calum Henderson?"

"It's pronounced Cay-lum, Mrs.Quinn, not Cal-lum," Kat's 'friend' corrected, and the teacher apologized before continuing with the rest of attendance.

- - -

Just before the last class of the day was over, Kat received a text from her dad.

Dad - I'm still at the show-jumping competition..I'm sorry. I won't pick you up for another hour .

"Was that your dad?" Yvonne whispered as Mr.Thompson finished up writing the notes. Kat nodded, texting her father back.

Kat - That's okay. Can I hang out with Calum or Yvonne after school and then you can pick me up?

Dad - Yvonne, yes. But Calum, no.

Kat - Why ???

Dad - Something tells me he's a player. I don't trust him.

Kat - I'm not listening to you. I'm hanging out with Cal.

Dad - Listen

Dad - If you get your heartbroken I ain't paying for the ice cream kay? See ya later.

Kat - Love you .

Kat - Not.

"Okay students, finish up the sentence and pack up because the bell's gonna ring in about 10.7 seconds." Everyone "whOA"ed as the bell rung in exactly 10 seconds, and everyone filed out of the classroom, impressed by their math teacher.

As Kat was trying to go as fast as she could to her locker (not running, she's better than that) but suddenly bumped into a very tall guy. Once she looked up, she knew she should have gotten the long way.

"Oh! Little Hemmo! How are you doing this fine day?" It was this guy named Gordon who kind of just annoyed her whenever they bumped into each other in the halls and in the lunch room. He was a year older than her and Gordon thought they were friends, while Kat thought that he was as annoying as itchy bras.

They just won't. Stop. Itching at ya.

"I'm fine Gordon. Bye," She looked back down, then kept walking.

Once she finished packing up her backpack, she walked over to Yvonne and put an arm around her.

"HeY!" Kat began. "So.. You know that like, Starbucks and park-walking thing we were planning for the whole summer but never did it cus all we did was sleep in during the summer? Yeah...I thought that we could move that event to another day."

"Why?" Yvonne pouted. "Do you wanna hang out with Calum instead?"

"I don't know..He and I never like, ya know."

"Ya KNOW?? You're too young Katy!" Yvonne exclaimed.

"No! You're nasty! I was saying that he and I never really talked a lot and I really wanna hang out with him and stuff."

"But we've been besties since Kindergarten! You've only been friends with him for two years.....N-no..I mean, yeah man do whatever. I reloaded my card with more money just for today but I can keep it in my wallet for longer...Have fun."

"Ohmygod really? Thanks!" Kat hugged her best-est friend on Earth, then ran off to meet Calum who was walking out the door slowly, his phone out.

- -

It was about 45 minutes after school was over, and Luke was just driving to where Kat was, as she had to give him updates on her location. As he stopped at an intersection, he saw a familar face walking on the sidewalk and called, "Calum?"

"Hey, Mr.Hemmings," He waved, taking an earbud off.

"Isn't Kat supposed to be with you?"

"I went to walk with her and Yvonne to the Starbucks close to school and I left because they started talking about Shawn Mendes and other stuff."

"Oh," Luke thought she was falling head over heels for Calum, but maybe she's actually making good choices. "Do you need a ride home?"

"Nah, I'm fine," The younger boy shook his head. "Thanks though, Mr.H."

"Yeah, no problem. See ya later," Luke rolled up the window, then sped to Starbucks, where he could get an iced coffee for himself.

A/N Yeah yeah..Weird chapter, I know.

- I'm in the second week of school and it is hell for me because there's bugs and wasps everywhere outside and I hate the outdoors now *cries*

- Well if you guys liked the chapter, you can vote/comment your thoughts and make my day!

- Next chapter will be of Halloween because I want to have as least fillers as possible now .

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

106K 1.6K 25
❞I refuse to let you hurt our daughter anymore than you already have.❞ ❞She's my daughter, too.❞ ❞Then treat her like she is.❞ Luke Hemmings lives a...
9K 218 38
Maybe little Stephy has a little crush on Lukey. Maybe Lukey doesn't know how to act around a pretty girl. *This is a fetus Luke Hemmings Fan fiction...
1.1K 1 26
Luke Hemmings Fanfiction.
16.6K 362 18
All Madeline wants is a family that loves her. She wants her happy ending. She's tired of being another kid in the system. All Luke wants is to meet...