Desolate ▿ Teen Wolf

By taileilei

You would think she would be used to it by now. Always being thrown aside, sent back to the beginning where n... More

Prologue
Disclaimer
Welcome to Beacon Hills
Dark Encounter
Meeting the Mystery
New Eyes
Ashes
School Sucks
Identity
Sleep Walking
Mysterious Skills
It's Nothing
Trying to Breathe
Missing Information
The Return
Safe Haven
In Your Arms
Bigger Problems
Hold Your Breath
Mexic- Oh No
We Don't Get Sick
I Know You
Truth; No Lies
Plus one
Hope WTF
Invisible Connections
Unlisted
Missing in Action
When You're Gone
Unexpected
Departure
Off-Road
Connections
Author's Note

Something's Wrong

1.4K 62 19
By taileilei

"Terra- I- I- really-"

That hope quickly filters away as my entire body works against me. A strangled scream escaping from deep inside of myself. My neck curls forward, my head burrowing into Stiles shoulder as I attempt to muffle the screams. Stiles wraps his arms around me frantically, sitting me up as my claws grow in and out of my fingertips.

Tears escape from the corner of my eyes, the pain ripping through me relentlessly. Stiles calls out for Scott in hopes that the werewolf will hear him.

I push him off of me abruptly, turning to the side as a thick substances spills out of my throat. I cough harshly, black blood covering the floor around me. Falling onto my hands and knees, my stomach turns, my back arching as I choke up more blood.

Blindly, I notice Stiles besides me, attempting to hold my hair back as I continue throwing the black substance up. All of a sudden my once blurry vision becomes sharp, the edges of my sight tinging red as I slowly lift my head up. My body moves without my consent, claws bursting forth from my fingertips.

A low growl escapes through my sharpened teeth, my vision no longer tinged red but soaking red. Everything around me a deep red as my vision and hearing sharpen beyond that of a human's.

The basement door bursts open just as I'm about to lunge for the boy beside me. What I recognize as Scott, stands at the top of the stairs, his hands held in front of him cautiously. "Stiles- get back." Scott says slowly.

Stiles complies immediately, also holding his hands up harmlessly, Scott hesitantly steps down the stairs. But before I can stop myself I'm pushing past Scott, already bounding out of the house in a metaphorical blur. The trees zoom past me, an invisible hand guiding me through the forest.

Suddenly an arrow zips past me, a blinding light exploding as it comes in contact with a tree besides me. I fall onto the ground, holding my arm over my eyes as I growl viciously.

I can't control myself as I launch forward again, tackling the person who shot at me. I scream silently, wanting to stop, I don't want to hurt anyone. My fingers however instantly tighten around his throat, my teeth bared as I push him further into the ground. The man below me jabs an arrow head into my bicep, a strangled yelp sounding in the quiet atmosphere. I slam his head into the ground again, my clawed fingers continuing to tighten around his weak- human- neck.

Everything freezes for a moment as I feel a quick pinch on the side of my neck. I turn my head, my teeth bared and my eyes squinted as I face a tan man. My tensed face instantly falls slack as the world begins to tilt. And as I fade into the darkness I witness a group run up behind the man, all of their faces etched with concern.

Stiles

I watch in horror as Terra continues to bash Chris Argent's head into the ground. Luckily we thought this through after last full moon, especially after Deaton voiced his concerns. Deaton runs forward, pushing past a shouting Scott as he goes to inject the sedative into the side of Terra's neck.

Everyone waits with baited breath as the contents of the syringe empty into her. Lydia jumps back as Terra whips around, her teeth bared for a moment before her eyes roll into the back of her head. She falls forward, her head colliding with the ground roughly.

I rush to her aid, adjusting her so she is laying on her back instead of in her awkward hunched position. My fingers brush over the crown of her head, a small trickle of blood falling from her temple.

Besides me Scott helps Argent up, the man's hand held up to his bleeding and already bruising head. "I'm guessing this is the wolf you told me about." He grunts, rubbing small circles over a bump.

"Actually Liam was the one with the anger issues." Scott deadpans, looking back down at Terra.

"It's the combination of the full moon and the nemeton." Deaton explains, bending down to check her pulse. "I've never encountered a wolf or any supernatural creature of this caliber before so it's going to be very unpredictable."

"I don't get it. She was doing good- she got in under control." I mumble, my fingers combing through her hair gently. I was going to tell her. Everything was good, everything was fine for just one moment.

"Scott, could you help me with Terra please?" Scott and Deaton lift Terra from the ground, her head falling back limply as they adjust her arms around their shoulders. I rush forward, lifting her head up slightly so she won't get a crick in her neck.

"Stiles- we'll take care of her. She's going to be okay."

I nod in apprehension, letting Terra's head rest on Scott's shoulder. I watch helplessly as they take Terra to Deaton's car, the two conversing quietly as they lay her down gently in the back. "She's going to be okay. She's strong." Lydia comforts, resting a hand on my shoulder.

"I know."

After Scott and Deaton took Terra, Lydia, Kira, and I stayed back. I decided to take my mind off things by helping Lydia clean up the house. After having so many people over it was the least I could do. However some time ago Lydia and Kira wandered off somewhere and I haven't seen them since the last freshmen was pushed out. Malia took Liam home which in hindsight was a bad decision considering it's a full moon and neither of them have complete control and Malia can't drive.

Carrying a trash bag around, I pick up solo cups, my eyebrows furrowing when I realize I'm smelling alcohol. "Lydia!" I call out, only to be answered with silence, "Lydia- did you order beer?" Cringing, I throw the solo cup into the trash bag. Noticing that the bag is almost full I tie it off, placing the bag by the door.

I jump slightly as my phone rings in my pocket. Glancing at the caller ID, my eyes droop before I answer it. "Scott? What's wrong?"

"I need you to come down here and help with Terra."

"What? What's happening? Scott? Is she okay?"

"Just come Stiles. We need your help."

"Okay- okay. Just tell me that she is okay."

The line stays silent for a few moments, sending my heart racing in anticipation. "I don't know." My heart completely plummets. Everything that I wanted to tell Terra seeming all that more important. I need to tell her, I need to see her, I need to be with her.

"I'm coming. I'll be there soon." I mumble numbly, hanging up the phone promptly as soon as Scott says goodbye. Noticing that Lydia and Kira are still missing I grab a nearby piece of paper, scribbling down that I am leaving so they don't get worried. With that I run out of the house, rushing to my car.

What could be wrong with Terra? Is her body rejecting the bite? But that can't be possible because she was bitten so long ago and she was fine. It could be whatever those hunters injected her with. But the same problem arises because that was a while ago.

Unknown to myself tears brim my eyes, just the mere thought of Terra being in pain driving me insane. I slam a hand onto the steering wheel, my sadness turning into anger. "This can't be happening!" I scream out, slamming my hand down again. Pressing down on the gas pedal I speed past stop lights and stop signs, getting to the clinic in a mere ten minutes.

I fling the door open, the bell swinging vigorously, also alerting Scott and Deaton of my presence. I vault over the mountain ash gate, my anxiety preventing me from undoing the gate hatch. Scott pulls the back room door open for me, hurriedly pushing me to stand besides Terra.

My hands immediately reach out to hold her closest one, her touch sweltering compared to mine. I glance up at Scott and Deaton, noticing there concerned faces, "What's happening to her?"

Deaton steps forward and places a cool wash cloth on Terra's forehead, rubbing some of the sweat off her brow. "I'm not sure but her body is obviously fighting something." It's then that I notice the black tinge around her mouth, a waste basket lined with black blood on her side.

"Scott?" I ask helplessly.

Scott grabs her other hand, recoiling a moment later as thick black veins crawl up his arm. "She's in a lot of pain." He voices, his eyebrows drawn together.

"Can't we do anything?" I plead. At my words Terra stirs slightly, her hand gripping my own as her head moves to the side. A quite groan escapes her lips, her eyelids squeezing slightly before she falls limp again. "Terra, it's okay. It's okay, we're here." I squeeze her hand again, my thumb running along the top of her paling hand.

Scott reaches across the table to rest his hand on my shoulder. "Deaton is running some tests, he took some of her blood to see if she could still be feeling the after effects of the poison."

I nod, "Thank you."

Scott glances between me and the lab room where Deaton has disappeared to. "I'm going to go help out in the lab."

As the door swings shut behind him, I use my ankle, hooking a rolly chair nearby, and pulling it towards me. Taking a seat, I hold Terra's hand tightly, bringing our intertwined hands up to my lips. Propping my elbows up on the table I rest my forehead on our raised hands, "Hey Terra." I grimace, my eyes stinging with tears.

"Please, just get better. I know I haven't known you long, and I know you don't trust easily. But I'm so happy- so unbelievably happy- that you've begun to trust me. I know it hasn't been easy for you. I know I could never compare my experiences to yours- but Terra please. Just please get better."

Terra remains still, the slight rising and falling of her chest being the only indication of her continued life.

Feeling completely hopeless, I finally crack. "Remember when you asked me why I kissed you?" My voice wavers, my eyes stinging with tears, "I was going to tell you- I- " My voice cracks causing me to choke out a laugh. "You know I really thought I was going to tell you this when you were awake. You know- see your reaction and everything. Really explain myself I guess."

I shrug, resting her hands on my lips, gently kissing her warm skin.

"I don't think I've ever told anyone this. Anyone who it would actually matter to at least. I'm sure everyone knows by now to. Except you. That's what's so wonderfully infuriating about you. You don't care what anyone thinks, sure it affects you, but you don't care. I'm sure you've noticed it, but you're so not self centered that you never think about it. All those times and I'm sure you just shrugged it off." I laugh slightly, regaining my composure.

"But all of it. Was because of you. Sure when I kissed you I wasn't thinking. I wasn't thinking- and the one thing that I had thought about- more than I would like to admit was- that. Seeing you panic made me panic. And I did the one thing that I could think about. And when it worked- I thought- I don't know.

I guess what I'm trying to say is- Terra- I really like you. I want to get to know you. I want to be able to protect you. I want to be the one there for you when your world is falling apart. Just please wake up. Please get better. Please- Terra- please." Raising from my seat, I brush the hair out of Terra's face. Planting a gentle kiss on her forehead as tears fall from my face.

I jump back as the lab door opens, Scott coming through with a frown on his face. He walks over to me, embracing me in a hug. Not being able to control my raging emotions any longer I finally let go. Tears and sobs escaping from me. Scott just keeps a tight grip around me.

As I begin to calm down I gently pull away from Scott, "I'm guessing you heard all that- huh?" I laugh hoarsely.

He nods, cracking a small smile, "If it makes you feel any better I already knew. I honestly don't know how she didn't. Werewolf senses and all."

I playfully punch him, suddenly remember that he was testing Terra's blood in the back with Deaton. "Did you guys find anything?"

His mood quickly darkens, "No. Nothing. No wolfs bane, acolyte, no sort of poisoning."

My stomach drops, "But Deaton has a theory right? He always has a theory."

"Actually I do." Deaton interrupts, pulling latex gloves off of his hands. "She's not having an allergic reaction or anything of the sort, it's almost like- she has too much." I quirk an eyebrow, not understanding. Deaton continues, placing his fingers under Terra's chin, "Power, the added power of the full moon and whatever connection she has to the nemeton is too much for her to control. Her body isn't strong enough to contain all that power."

"So what do we do?"

"Who are you?" Scott interrupts. I turn to see who he's talking to, my jaw unhinging at the sight of the boy before me. His curly blonde hair drips with rain water, his eyes twinkling with mischief.

"My name is Lukas. And if you want Terra to live she needs to come with me."

A/N: Here comes LUKAS! what did he do now? Not completely edited but hey- im not perfect. And i thought i did a good job because i feel like Stiles needed to be able to admit his feelings to himself before he would ever be ready to do it to Terra. Sorry there wasn't a lot of Terra POV this chapter, but hey- Terra is going through some shiz. 

edited 10/18/16

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

304K 6.4K 19
What if Rumpelstiltskin had another child,not just one. what if Baelfire had a twin sister named Freya who was affected by the queen's curse as well...
738K 28.9K 41
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
66.7K 1.2K 34
Daughter of Gaston in Auradon with her father's enemies. Interesting choice. Brooklyn has always been by her brother's side, they both don't like the...
70.4K 1.8K 13
{Steve Rogers x Diana Prince} Captain America: The First Avenger