The Footballer's Sister

By thiscoolkidd_

Imagine being Cristiano's younger sister? More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18

Chapter 8

461 12 0
By thiscoolkidd_

I dropped my phone on my bed and paced around my room. What was I gonna do??! I decided to read Rafa's message first. Typing seemed a lot easier than talking at this moment.

"140 characters isn't enough to tell you how sorry I am. Please let me call you?" I hesitated but I typed my number and sent it. A few seconds later, my phone lit up with Rafa's number I assumed.

"I can't believe you actually let me call you." Was the first thing he said. His voice was the same as I remember it. I got chills hearing him speak but I also got a lump in my throat and I felt like crying.

"Well here I am. So talk." I said.

"Look Lina. I know how bad I screwed up. I regret it every day. You were the only girl who knew me. And I did love you, a lot actually. And I think I still might. I know it's stupid of me to try but I can't stop thinking about you."

"Oh that's why you dated all those sluts after you left me right? Cause you loved me? I forgot." I said calmly.

"I was a mess after I left you, honestly. I dated all these girls but none of them gave me the same feeling you did. I started drinking, going out a lot, and I didn't care about anything. But I'm still not happy because I need you. You're my missing piece of happiness."

"It's not gonna be that easy. Do you even know what you did to me? You're stupid if you think saying sorry's gonna cut it." I snapped.

"I know that. I'm willing to work for your love. Just give me the chance. Please." He begged, "Are you going to the dinner tonight?"

"I might be." I said.

"Good! Let's talk in person. Just hear me out. Please."

"Whatever Rafa." And with that, I hug up. Now for my dad. His call would have to wait.

I showered really quick and changed into pajamas. I went downstairs where the guys were already surrounded by food and were about to put in "Captain America."

"Hey we saved you a spot!" Marcelo called. My spot was on the couch between him and Cris. I sat down and tried to relax but failed due to the pending call to my dad. The movie ended and they put on another, and another, and another. Until most of the guys were asleep. The only ones awake were me, Gareth, Marcelo, James, and Sergio.

"Hey guys," I whispered, "let's go to my room. I'm not tired at all and I could use a drink or two." That sounded more fun that staying awake, stressing over my dad calling.

We all quietly went upstairs and closed the door to my room.

"Your drink, ma'am." James said, handing me what smelled like Ciroc and some tropical stuff I didn't recognize. I chugged it down.

"Hey, slow down. It's only 1 am. We still have a while for a few drinks. Don't want you to get sick, being a lightweight and all." Sergio said with a smirk.

"I wouldn't test it. This little girl isn't as innocent as you think. She can probably out drink all of us here." Marcelo said half laughing.

"Well I don't know about you two but I'm gonna crash out right here." Gareth said, lying on the floor.

"Same here." James added.

Sergio, Marcelo, and I stayed sitting on my bed.

"So what's on your mind, kiddo?" Sergio asked once we were sure that the two on the floor were snoring.

"Well my dad called earlier and I haven't returned his call." I kind of mumbled.

"So why not do it now?" Marcelo asked.

"At 1:30 am?" I asked, trying to make it obvious that it wasn't too smart an idea.

"Well why not?" Marcelo said with a smile. "We're right here if you need us."

I dialed the number and waited. I honestly wasn't expecting anyone to pick up but after 3 rings, I heard a male voice on the other end. I put him on speaker so Marcelo and Sergio would be able to hear.

"Katalina?" He asked.

"Um hey, sorry for calling you so late." I managed to say, not sure how to start this conversation.

"It's fine. I was awake, hoping you'd call. I don't even know how to start this."

"Start what?" I asked.

"Kat, I'm a deadbeat. I don't care how much money I have or where I live or what I drive, I'm a deadbeat cause I left you and your brother. I'm so sorry baby girl. I need to talk to you and explain it all to you. Just give me a chance. You don't need to forgive me but atleast let me explain."

I hesitated to answer but I simply said "when?"

"Wait you're actually agreeing to it?!" He asked, kinda shocked.

"Yes. I want to hear. But I don't know about forgiving you. I just wanna hear what you have to say."

"That's fine with me! What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked.

"I'm going to a dinner fundraiser with Cris."

"Can we go for breakfast then?"

"Sure."

"Starbucks at 9? The one close to the stadium." He asked.

"Yeah I know which one."

"Alright well I'll let you get some sleep. Goodnight baby girl, I love you."

"Yeah bye." And I hung up.

Marcelo and Sergio just stared at me. I don't know why, but I started crying. Tears involuntary came out of my eyes.

"Hey come here." Sergio said, pulling me into his arms, stroking my hair. "Just cry. Let it all out." Before I knew it, I was sobbing. I honestly don't know where that came from. Marcelo was comforting me as well, rubbing my back. Gosh I love these two.

"You don't have to go if you don't want to." Marcelo suggested. I quickly nodded no.

"I have to. The crying's just bottled up feelings. I'm fine." I said finally putting on a smile.

"Atta girl. But if you want one of us to come with you, just ask." Sergio added.

"No it's fine. You all have to get your sleep. But thank you both." I said, hugging them and giving them a peck on the cheek. "I think we should go to sleep though." I was cut off by my phone ringing though.

I looked at my screen and my heart jumped at who it was. "Neymar. 💘⚽️" lit up my screen. "I guess the kid's finally gonna do it." Marcelo said quietly. I was so confused but I just ignored his comment and answered.

"Hello?"

"Um hey Lina. I hope I didn't wake you."

"Actually no you didn't. I was awake."

"Oh good," he said, sounding relieved. "Look I'm not too good at asking people to things like this but I know you'll probably be going to the dinner tomorrow and I know Cristiano won't like it but do you think we could sneak off for a while to get to know each other better? You don't have to!"

"I'd actually really like that." I said.

"Really?!" I take it he was expecting a no.

"Yes really. I'll see you there?"

"Of course. I'll let you get some sleep. Goodnight beautiful." He said, sounding excited.

I couldn't get the stupid smile off of my lips.

"Dammit Neymar. I guess the kid has a little more game than I give him credit for." Marcelo said with a smirk. Sergio just laughed.

I threw pillows at them both. "Go to sleep already! And no one tells Cris about any of this, okayyyyy? I'll tell him myself."

"Deal." They both said.

I finally dozed off into the most peaceful sleep I had gotten in a long time.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.5K 760 32
"𝐂𝐚𝐮𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐚𝐥𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐠𝐨𝐞𝐬, 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐰𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐚 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫�...
3.6K 109 23
Short stories + Oneshots inspired by my favorite duo in the history of ⚽🤍
98.4K 2.1K 32
People can do crazy things to protect the person that they love ft. Cristiano Ronaldo