Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
I'll Never Be The Same
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
A Heavy Choice To Make
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
Running Wild and Running Free
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
A Deal With God
I Won't Go Down Without A Fight
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

I Am For You

1.8K 40 0
By saraj2117

It took her three hours to set up in the new...lair? She didn't know what to call it because it wasn't a exactly a basement, was it? It certainly wasn't a cave. She bit her lip her thoughts going straight to Roy.

"You okay?" asked Digg. That question had gotten really old.

She sighed. "Yeah, I'm just worried about Roy. What if Slade has him?"

"We have no proof that he does," he answered from the table where he sat cleaning his gun.

"He just disappeared Digg, how much proof do we need? And the day after Thea was taken? He loves her so why would he leave her?"

"It's not the first time I've heard of someone leaving the person they love...if they thought it would protect them."

Her hands froze on her keyboard and she sucked in a breath. "I get it I do, the whole I want to be a hero thing but I'm really sick of people always thinking they know what's best for you. Do you know why most relationships fail?"

Digg's forehead wrinkled in her quick change of topic. Truth was if she got on the whole 'I love you so much so I'm going to leave and not talk to you about because I know what's best for you and you don't get a say in the matter' topic then she'd get really worked up and would go on a hour long rant and she had enough stress already and that was against Doctors orders and 'Oh my gosh, Felicity breathe.' She stopped her internal rant.

"They fail because of lack of communication. A good conversation where both parties make a choice to not walk away no matter what can solve ninety-five percent of problems."

She knew all that from first hand experience.

"So you're saying they should have talked it out?" Digg asked while meandering over to her. "Felicity I don't know if you know this but Roy kind of wigged out that night. I'm not sure he would have been able to talk to Thea without losing it."

"What? Why didn't-"

"It wasn't important at the time, you were trying to find Thea and you were dealing with Isabel. You didn't need one more thing on your plate."

"I had a right to know Digg!" She yelled. "I am so sick of people deciding what I need to know or what I can handle! I am a part of this team! You see this is exactly what I'm talking about. Communication!"

"Felicity-"

"No, All I'm asking is that you to freaking stop hiding things from me."

"Okay, Felicity, Okay." She closed her eyes and let out a breath.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have-"

"No, you're right. You deserve to know."

"Go on," she urged him.

"That night Roy lost it, he got it together long enough but after, after Thea was back safe he just left, without a word. I thought he needed space, so I let him go. I should've made sure he was okay."

"You couldn't have known Digg."

He sighed. "I know but it doesn't stop me from feeling that way."

"So what are you saying? That Roy just cut his losses and decided to move on?"

"Not exactly. I've been through a war Felicity. I know what it does to you, anger festers inside of you and sometimes it all you can do to control it. Roy already had a anger issue before he was dosed with the Miracuru. He's more unstable now. So what I'm saying is that he left, to protect her and his team from himself."

She nodded. "Heroes," she whispered.

"Heroes," he repeated.

"So I shouldn't worry about him?"

"You and I know that there's nothing that I could do or say to make you not worry about him. If you and Oliver weren't so young you'd practically be the boys parents," Digg said with a smile.

"Well if I was his Mom I would give him a good tongue lashing and a swift kick in the butt right about now." She bobbed her head up and down for good measure.

"I have no doubt of that," he said with a chuckle. "Mama Tiger." She smiled sadly at the nickname.

"He'll be alright Felicity. If there's one thing I know its that we always find our way back to the ones we love."

She rose and kissed him on the cheek. "Thank you John."

"Anything for you," he answered.

>>----->

A couple hours later Oliver had returned from the old foundry. He had gone to collect some more of his equipment that he hadn't been able to get on their first trip. Sadly the salmon ladder didn't make the transition. She had to keep herself from pouting at that.

She sat leaning back in her chair looking at the ceiling, she wasn't really thinking about any one thing in particular. She just kind of zoned out the resounding thwick of Oliver's arrow's flying to the target lulling her into a kind of oblivion.

John had left a few hours ago to be with Lyla and Sara was with her Father, keeping a eye on him from a distance. A kick in her belly reminded her she wasn't alone in her moment and she rubbed her hand against her abdomen, remembering what the Doctor had said. Babies could feel their mothers stress and she had a lot of it lately. She just couldn't let her worry for Roy go. She didn't want to imagine what had happened to him or what could happen to other people if he lost control. She shuddered at the thought.

A cold chill settled in her bones and she rose and went over to where Oliver was getting some of his stress out through bow practice. She wrapped her arms around his naked back and laid her head against his shoulder blades. He put one of his hands over hers and lowered his bow. The baby kicked again and she knew from the way his back pushed further into her that he had felt it. He didn't ask if she was okay and for that she was thankful. She didn't think she had the energy to keep up the act with him. He was the person that she could be free with, no pretenses, only honesty. She would never be able to describe just how much that meant to her.

He turned, folded her into his arms and kissed the top of her head. Her eyes drooped and she felt like she could fall asleep right there warm and safe in his arms.

"Let's go home." he said softly.

She nodded against his chest. "Mmm'kay."

It amazed her that he knew just what she needed and a hour later when she was under a heavy comforter, her head on her husbands shoulder, her hair spreading across his chest she could almost forget the danger they were facing. He kissed her hair and pulled her body closer, his heat seeping further into her, relieving some of the chill still lingered in her.

"Go to sleep," he whispered as his hand came to rest on her belly. Before she drifted off he muttered something in Russian. She didn't know much of the language thought she
had been trying to learn, but she recognized those three words.

She pressed her head into his neck and placed a kiss on the skin there. "I love you too," she replied in Russian.

She fell asleep a moment later. Had she stayed awake she would have heard the further mutterings in a foreign language about how much she was loved.

>>------>

"Slade is using the applied sciences labs to reproduce the Miracuru, there's no other way to stop it from being manufactured there. It's a good plan," she told them as she glanced at the buildings blue prints on her table. She looked back up a moment later to find three sets of eyes on her. "What?"

Oliver, Sara and John all just stared at her blankly for a moment.

"You're saying we should blow up a building?" Sara asked, a hint of disbelief coloring her voice.

"We'd get the guards out of there of course and then...well KABOOM!" She used her hands in a gesture of explosion and all three of them jumped. Which was funny and a little unbelievable considering one was a vigilante, an assassin and former military and they definitely should not have jumped out of their skin at her yelling 'kaboom'.

Oliver crossed his arms and looked as if he was considering it so she continued on.

"Not only will it stop him from making any more of the Hulk drug but it will destroy anything else Slade could get his hands on. Hence making the city safer. It would be quick, in and out, no causalities. It's a good plan, I'm not trying to toot my own horn but it is and I-"

"Okay."

"I think-" She stopped short when his voice finally registered. " Wait what? Did you just say okay?" Her mouth hung open in an O shape.

He smiled lightly and tapped to her mouth shut. "You'll catch flies like that." She blinked at him.

"Just like that. Okay?" she asked in incredulously, her head tilting to the side. There was no way he would agree that easy.

"Yep," he answered straight faced.

"But don't you want to brood over it some more? Tell me there's another way, say 'nice thinking Felicity, maybe next time' or try to figure something out on your own?"

"Nope."

"Are you going to talk in mono syllables for the rest of the night?"

"Probably." She rolled her eyes and crossed her arms. Oliver walked slowly over to stand if front of her.

"Well that irritates me," she deadpanned. Oliver tilted his head and tried to force back a smile at her pouty face.

"I love you," he said with his eyes fixed on hers, they automatically brightened at his words. He wrapped his arms loosely around her, her belly separating them. "Better?"

She scrunched her nose at him and her expression turned thoughtful. He placed a light kiss on her forehead, her cheek , then one her nose making her giggle. Honest to God giggle. She didn't even know she could do that. Finally his lips made his ways to hers for a chaste kiss. A groan came from somewhere and she pulled back to look over Oliver's shoulder.

"I think I need some Pepto," Sara muttered to Digg.

"Why?" She asked from across the room suddenly concerned for her.

"Cause you two are making me sick," Sara answered sardonically.

Oliver looked over his shoulder. "We'll try and tone it down some." He turned back to her and wiggled his eyebrows.

"You're right, we should make some rules." she replied playfully. "Rule one, less PDA in the lair."

He nodded his head his lips pressed together to keep from laughing as he stepped away from her, his arms hanging limp at his side. "I can handle that."

She put her finger to her lips as she thought. "Rule two, no more sexual innuendos and....rule three, no more sex in said lair." Her lips stretched into a smile and she enjoyed watching the varying expressions crossing his face.

He groaned. "Really? I don't like that one." He stepped closer to her. "Remember what we did that one time in the foundry? You really want to give up that?" He teased. He was barely holding back his laughter now and that was saying something for Oliver 'I very rarely laugh and am always in control of my emotions' Queen.

Two more loud groans echoed through the lair along with the sound of stomping boots.

"I can't take this anymore," Digg said as he grabbed his jacket, holstered his gun and practically ran from the room. "I'll get what we need to bomb the building," he called over his shoulder.

"I'm coming with you," said Sara quickly running after him.

"It worked," she sung in a sing song voice as she moved forward and wrapped her arms around her husbands neck.

His eyes crinkled as he smiled and started to lower his lips to hers. The kiss was long and deep and nowhere near to satisfying her hunger for him. He pulled back a few long moments later, his forehead resting against hers. "Were you serious about Rule Three?"

"We're alone. If you don't tell, I won't," she replied cheekily and snaked her hand under his shirt.

"I'm good at keeping secrets," he whispered huskily into her ear before he picked her up, causing another giggle to ring through through the empty basement. She automatically wrapped her legs around him and it wasn't long before every rule she had made was broken.

But she was good at keeping secrets too.

>>------->

Their plan went off without a hitch. She stayed in the van as the building was cleared. It would have been a lot easier for the team to get in had they had Tockman's skeleton key but regardless they had been quick and efficient. The C-4 was placed and they were waiting on her signal. She glanced up at the buildings heat signature on her tablet as they climbed back into the van.

"Thermals clean," she told them. Digg started up the vehicle and started to drive from the scene.

Oliver glanced at the trigger device he was holding that would destroy the building filled with state of the art technology. It psychically hurt her to see so much cutting edge developments go to waste. But it was for the city's safety. They had to do it. She placed her hand over his and he peeked up at her, his eyes filled with trepidation.

"It's just a building Oliver," said Digg from the front seat sensing his hesitation.

Felicity had no doubt that he would do what needed to be done but she understood why he was hesitating. That building had been one of his fathers ideas, it was even named after him. She didn't want to add one more burden for him to bare, especially when it was her idea in the first place so he eased the device from his fingers. She had told him that she would take every bit of pain he had suffered if she could make him feel a fraction of the happiness that he gave her, so doing this for him was just one way to show him that she meant it. She turned the dial, the light turning green. Oliver's eyes closed and he squeezed her fingers. She sucked in a breath and pushed the button.

A second later her plan was fulfilled. The applied science building was no more.

She hoped that one day they could rebuild it and do good for the city.

>>------>

Felicity popped her prenatal pill on the run. Isabel had called an emergency meeting. Apparently as the current CEO of QC she had to make a statement and do a press conference. She glanced at Oliver who was sitting next to her. Digg was quiet in the front seat as he drove. She fiddled with her hands. The idea of being on a camera where over a million people would see her live made her stomach churn. Her whole body felt overheated and not in a good way. She took off her jacket and wiped her brow.

"You're going to do fine Felicity," Oliver assured her, placing his warm hand on her shoulder.

"Oliver, I'm the wacko that blew up the freaking building. Now I'm going to have to look into a camera and tell everyone that that it was a group of crazies that destroyed all that technology when I'm one of the crazies!"

"Can you repeat that? I didn't quite understand," said Digg from the front seat. She huffed and glared at the back of his head.

"Felicity, it'll be over quickly."

"Says the person who doesn't have to do anything. Why don't you just take the CEO position back?"

"You're better suited for it and everyone knows it. Even my Mother."

"Your Mom?" She asked, shocked.

"She's been very outspoken about your ability to run the company better than me. She even wants you to be involved in her campaign."

"When were you going to tell me this?"

He swallowed visibly and avoided her eyes. "After your speech."

"Ah-" She scoffed.

"Felicity-"

She crossed her arms and sat back in her seat, staring out the window.

"I'm sorry. Are you really mad?" He asked her throatily.

"I'm pregnant, give me half an hour." She said roughly while rubbing a hand over her stomach.

Her hormones were all over the place and while she'd like the blame it on the stress they'd all been under she had to admit it was just her body. One second she could be so angry that she could tear someone in half and the next she was crying at a puppy commercial. It was the fraking Sarah Mclachlan song. Who cried over 'In the arms of a angle'? Apparently she did. Oliver had just handed her a tissue and slid closer to her on the couch, draping his arm across her shoulders. Now was one of those time she wanted to beat someone or something up but she didn't have the time because they were pulling up to Queen Consolidated. She hoped Isabel kept her mouth shut today or she would be on the unfortunate end of her fist.

Wow. When had she gotten so violent? She shook herself mentally and slipped her jacket back on as Digg opened the car door.

She took a deep breath and grabbed Oliver's hand. "Let's do this." He gave her a sidelong glance and started to lean down for a kiss. "I still have fifteen minutes of being mad at you. Don't push your luck." She placed one foot in front of the other, thankful that the swelling had gone down in her ankle enough to be able to wear flats. Which she hated with a passion. She was a good half foot shorter than Oliver and he was a giant. She felt so small when she stood next to him heelless. Of course they had the whole age difference, height difference thing that everyone dreamed about and she liked it, she did. Boy did she like it sometimes. She fought the wave of heat that crashed over her, this time having nothing to do with her upcoming speech. She mentally kicked herself and sucked in a breath through her nose. She still hated having to look up and him. No reason why other than it made her have a crick in her neck which was a sorry excuse for her being irritable.

"Relax," Oliver said as he brought up their joined hands and pressed a kiss to the back of hers.

Her favorite person met her when they entered the building. "The press in set up in the meeting hall. They're waiting on your statement," said Isabel. "I took the liberty of typing up a speech, I figured you wouldn't be prepared on such short notice." Just the sound of her voice grated against her nerves.

Felicity pulled her note cards from her purse. "Actually Isabel, I have a speech. One thing I've learned is that you have to be prepared for anything, so thanks Isabel, but no thanks," she replied catching Oliver smirking out of the corner of her eye, it took everything in her not to join him.

She shook her head, sent a final look at Oliver who smiled at her encouragingly and pulled open the door to the press room. Her heart pounded and her palms were clammy as she approached the podium with Digg following closely behind. Dozens of reporters and camera crews were set up in front of the wooden stand and all of their microphones were attached. She straightened her spine and walked quickly forward determined for this to be over as soon as possible.

The press caught sight of her and they automatically started calling to her. "Mrs. Queen. Mrs. Queen."

She placed her hands firmly on the podium that she noticed was mahogany. How nice, that's a really expensive wood. 'Focus Felicity,' she chastised her self.

"People of Starling City, I am Felicity Queen, wife to Oliver Queen. In light of my family's recent trauma's I have taken over the role of CEO for my husband. Our family is important to us so I took the position to lighten some of my husbands load. Oliver may not be CEO at the moment, but that doesn't mean he isn't fully invested in this success and safety of the company and it's employees. The people of Starling and the employee's of QC are our family and as my Mother-in- laws says; There is nothing we won't do for family."

She saw Oliver smile at her in the crown and she could practically see the pride oozing from him.

"The Robert Queen Applied Science Center was very important to us, being that it was a project of my late father-in-law so you can rest assured that Oliver will be devoting his time and resources to bringing the people who destroyed such cutting edge, scientific and medical technology to justice. I ask that you will give us privacy in this time so that we can put all of our attention on making this city a safer place for your family...and mine. Thank you."

The reporters called after her but Digg escorted her down from the stand with his hand at the small of her back, guarding her from anyone who might get too close. "You did great." He praised her. She could see Oliver approaching them from a distance, working on trying to get through the throngs of reporters.

"I feel like I'm going to throw up," she answered and Digg chuckled. "No seriously, Digg. I'm going to be sick," she said tightly, a bead of sweat forming on her brow. Her stomached churned and she put the back of her hand to her mouth. John jumped into action and led her down a hall and to the bathroom where she proceeded to lose her dinner from last night. Oliver's was soon there, pulling her hair from her face and running a soothing hand on her back. When she was finished he handed her a wet paper towel.

"Digg, can you get the car? I'm taking her home," Oliver asked.

She finished wiping her mouth and tossed the napkin in the trash bin. "I'm fine."

"No, you're not. You just got sick."

"Which was a mixture of nerves and taking my prenatal vitamins on a empty stomach." She scrunched her nose. "I won't do that again. Hunan Beef does not taste as good coming up as it does going down." She shuddered at the thought and Oliver placed a hand on her shoulder. "I'm not going home."

"Are you sure?" He asked, his eyes practically begging her to take it easy and call it a day. She would like nothing more to but she had a job to do.

"I'm sure, a CEO's job is never done and I've got a ton of work to do."

"What can I do?"

"Firstly you're going to go get me a decaf coffee and some dumplings and then you can go catch that crazy person and bring them to justice."

"The first I can do in a few minutes. The second I've already taken care of."

"How's that?" She asked with a flirty smile.

He wrapped his arms around her and gave her a beaming smile. "I married the crazy."

>>----->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.8K 398 13
When Oliver and Felicity spend the night together, everything changes. Oliver pushes Felicity away after wards. He's got his reasons, and she's got h...
4.2K 86 10
Oliver Queen after spending 5 years on Lian yu returns to star city, to right his father's wrongs. But, what happens when Oliver is sent by Amanda wa...
239 7 2
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) The popularity is strange in some ways; once, humans wrote of her species as creatures of nightmare, but now they flock to s...
15.9K 317 28
Following the events surrounding Sara's death and his uneasy return, Oliver Queen soon discovers that another vigilante has set his sights on purging...