Bad is an Understatement | ✓

Galing kay IvyKnightWP

"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen he... Higit pa

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Summary
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The start of Winter Break
Chapter 31: First Night
Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 33: Shopping!
Chapter 34: History
Chapter 35: The call
Chapter 36: Neighbours
Chapter 37: Is Santa here yet?!
Chapter 38: It's Christmas!
Chapter 39: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 40: No more lies
Chapter 41: Hide
Chapter 42: Road Trip
Chapter 43: More Time
Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry
Chapter 45: Happy New Year!
Chapter 46: Canada?!
Chapter 47: Home
Chapter 48: One
Chapter 49: Keeping Your Enemies Close
Epilogue
FOLLOW AMORA NEXT

Chapter 10

194K 6.1K 1.5K
Galing kay IvyKnightWP

"Stop, Jen I'll get up later." I respond to a cold feeling on my cheek. The sound of a hiss makes my eyes shoot open. My mouth gapes not wanting to scream. Whatever it was, it's leaving a trail of slime on my cheek. I slowly bring my hand up to my cheek. I look at the poisonous creature from the corner of my eye. A SNAKE!? Without thinking, I pick it up.

"AHHH!"

I scream looking at the nauseating yellow snake. I throw it on the floor, bringing my legs up to my chest wanting to burst out crying. Out of all the creatures in the, world I hate snakes. Hate.

My eyes follow the sound of laughter towards the door frame. Heath. I narrow my gaze at his chuckling figure.

"You ass! Get that fucking snake out of my room! Ugh!" I run into the bathroom, and slam the door shut.

I take off my clothes and get into the steaming shower. I massage my head by lathering the shampoo. I wash the shampoo out and apply some conditioner. I soon wash that out too. I enjoy a couple of more minutes in the shower before a hiss from the bottom of the tub causes me to freeze in my position.

"Please. Please. Please. No." I look down to see another snake," Ah!"

I turn the shower off and get out. I wrap the towel around myself and open the bathroom's door. I look at Heath who's currently sitting on my bed.

"Heath!" I yell. I am so fed up with this guy. He looks at me in confusion, but soon starts smirking. I cross my arms over my chest.

"Stop that fucking smirking and get that stupid snake and any other snakes in my room, out of here."

"Come on Princess, Buddy couldn't have been that bad. You probably even put on a show for him in there." I gasp as he walks past me grabbing Buddy.

"Get out." I scold. He exits the front door taking buddy with him. I go back into the bathroom, change into my clothes, and dry my hair.

I come out of the bathroom only to see Heath once again sitting on my bed. I roll my eyes and ignore his presence. I walk over to my night stand. I grab my phone and scroll through it.

Heath's eyes trace my every move as I do so. I scroll through my phone and read Jen's message saying she'll be out most of the day. I feel Heath's presence now hovering behind me. I turn off my phone.

"What do you want Heath?" I turn to face him.

"Nothing much. Just wanted you to come to the party tonight."

"Ian's party, why?" I ask.

"Because what's a prince without his princess?" He leans in.

"Even if I was there you'd still have no princess, because I'm not yours. I'm not going."

"Either go on your own, or I'll do it my own way."

"Either you leave me alone, or I'll kick you out on my own way," I glare at him.

"I guess it'll be my way then." He says walking away. I cross my arms and watch him leave.

"Just a warning princess." He says standing in the doorway, "Don't go walking around alone at night." With that he leaves closing the door behind him.

The worst morning I've ever had. And I've had a lot of those.

Beep. My phone indicates I have mail. I open it, and it was this month's schedule for work. I only have a two hour shift today from eight to ten and I have practice from five to seven thirty. That works out perfectly.

But it's only ten thirty, and I have nothing to do. I look at the book laying on my night stand. Might as well. I think to myself sitting on the bed and grabbing the book.

*********

"Here, here, here!" I yell as Grace dribbles the ball. She makes eye contact with me and bounce passes it. I grab the ball and run up for a lay up, because I'm free of guard.

"Okay! Riley's team wins. Kirsten's team a set of suicides let's go!" Mrs. Larsen yells. I breathe heavily walking to the bench to chug my water out of my water bottle. Even after drinking water, I'm still breathing heavily.

A couple of minutes later, the other teams done their suicides and has had their water break." Girls! Come on in!" The coach yells and we run to the middle of the gym forming a circle around her. "Okay girls. I've got everyone's positions. Let me list them off..." One by one coach lists them off.

In the end two names weren't called Kirsten and Riley. "Kirsten and Riley you two will be competing for captaincy. But before that, I have to ask: do both of you want to become captain?"

"Yes." Kirsten says without a second thought. Now all eyes were now on me.

I look around at the whole team. They were pleading with their eyes and I nod. "Okay. So I'll split the whole team into two different teams. You'll each be captains of one, for the game against the boys tomorrow. I will have no say in what position each player will play, or what plays you will play in your individual teams. It'll all be the captain's decision. Just to let you know it is not necessary for the winning team's captain to become the whole team's captain. Understood?" The coach asks and everyone nods. "The teams are Grace, Harleen, Roxy, Andrea, Hannah and Riley. The rest of you are on Kirsten's team okay? The games at six tomorrow come prepared. Practice is officially over."

"Grace, Harleen, Roxy, Andrea and Hannah can we talk for a minute?!" I ask and they all nod.

We stand in the middle of the gym until everyone else leaves. "So, guys can we meet up tomorrow two hours before the game here? To practice some plays and go over some of the strategies."

"Sure." Andrea says, and everyone else nods.

"Okay. I'll see you guys here at four then. Remember to bring anything and everything you need for the game." I smile and we break up getting our things. I decide to take a quick shower in the girls change room. I change into a black adidas hoodie and dark blue skinny jeans with black converse.

I check the time. Seven fifty five. Shoot! I stuff everything into my duffle bag and run to the bookstore.

"I'm here!" I yell entering the bookstore and panting.

"Sweetie, I'm right here. You don't have to yell." Kris says sitting behind the desk.

"Oh." I blush feeling a little embarrassed..

"Okay. Now that you're here. It's very simple, the most you have to do tonight is sit behind this counter and take cash from anyone who buys a book or two. Feel free to do anything while sitting, it's not that busy at nights." I smile and nod standing beside her behind the counter. "I'm going out now. Here's my number just call me if you have any questions." She hands me a piece of paper with her number on it. I pull out my phone, saving the number to my contacts.

"Oh, and sweetie before I leave." She says standing at the door," The keys for the store are on the counter right in front of you remember to lock up at ten and leave the lights on!"

"Okay!" I reply before she leaves. I sit on the chair and spin around on it," Wee!" I laugh and stop after a couple of seconds of feeling dizzy.

I grab my phone and go through my several accounts. I check snapchat and there's so many stories about the party.

Jen
Riley, when are you coming to the party? It's awesome!
Seen at 8:15pm

Riley
Never. But I'm glad you're having fun. Maybe the guy you lost at the last party is there(;
Seen at 8:17pm

Jen
I've moved on from him. And Heath told me that you said your coming
Seen at 8:20pm

Riley
And he got a job at NASA as an astronaut(":
Seen at 8:20pm

Jen
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO("": So you're not coming?
Seen at 8:21pm

Riley
Nope
Seen at 8:22pm

Jen
Fine. Then I'll see you in the morning.
Seen at 8:25pm

Riley
Bye(: Enjoy!
Seen at 8:26pm

Jen
Oh I will.
Seen at 8:26pm

Riley
Lol
Seen at 8:27pm

Jen doesn't reply. With that, I decide to completely turn my phone off and stuff it into my bag. I take out the book I was reading this morning, comfortably sit back on the chair and start reading.

I yawn as I'm in the middle of reading chapter twenty one of the book. I put the bookmark in and put the book away. I look at the big clock hanging on the wall. Nine fifty five.

Not a lot of people came in, so I don't think anyone will mind if I close five minutes early. I fling my bag's strap over my shoulder, grab the keys and walk outside the store.

I put the key into the hole and twist it. I bring the key back out and stuff it into my bag. I yank on the door making sure it doesn't open and it doesn't.

I walk with my hands stuffed in my hoodie's pocket. The night was silent and beautiful. The best part was that my outfit kept the cold air out. Suddenly, I hear a scrape from behind me. I stop dead in my tracks. My head whips around facing back only to see no one. It's probably just the wind.

I start walking again, but I could hear a sound of footsteps creeping behind me. Calm down Riley. Moves are best done patiently and calmly. Don't panic. My heart starts racing denying my thoughts and my walking speed fastens as the footsteps behind me follow.

A hand wraps around my mouth and my scream comes out muffled. I'm yanked up against the person's body. Riley! Calm down! Think! Elbow. But before I can elbow the person behind me, I feel a pinch in my neck.

I try elbowing the person, but it comes out weak and pathetic. Soon, my body gives in to the poison injected into me and everything around me goes dark. My legs go limb and I fall resting into the person's arm.

A/N:

THE EFF JUST HAPPENED?!?!!!?!??!

I hope I see you soon! Thanks for reading and keep doing what you're doing!

Vote-Comment-Follow-Share!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

8.3M 228K 61
Warning this book is rough. Not edited. We wanted privacy. We wanted a normal relationship with no high expectations. But that's hard when you have...
219K 9.8K 46
Innocence is subjective. When push comes to shove: things change. And sometimes you just have to try not to explode. Pure's always been bullied for h...
176K 3.5K 43
"You're such a jerk" I say, my cheeks heating up. "Oh really,?" He said, taking a step closer and his breath fanned my face. I didn't know what to sa...
9.2M 423K 79
"You know, it won't physically hurt you to be nice for once." I crossed my arms in front of my chest and groaned. "I don't want to take a chance." t...