Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Grey Eyes
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Concurrent

3.2K 129 9
By bookie032

"It is only through mystery and madness that the soul is revealed." – Thomas Moore

"What?"

"Are you on drugs or something?"

"I'm not!"

Hailey stood there and examined her; there was a distinct lack of wrong in her eyes that she was inclined to believe her. Tilting her head to the side, she crossed her arms and tried to figure out what was going on with her; she could not understand what she was rambling about – a small round wisp that she failed to see.

Sweat trickled down the sides of her temples as much as her palms began to moisten. Katherine knew that it was there and yet she knew it was not; it was a conflict inside her head that she cannot take a side on.

Shaking her head, she took deep breaths to calm herself as she tried to reduce the rapid beat of her heart; there was an anxiety inside her that she cannot quite understand. Looking around, she tried to do one more sweep of the place before she deemed herself sane; thankfully, the small white orb was nowhere in sight.

"You should go rest," Hailey suggested as she returned to sit on the grass, then closed her eyes to resume her meditation.

Katherine stood there, unmoving, "What about you? Don't you need sleep, fae?"

"I'm not sleepy, wolf," Hailey replied calmly as she took deep solemn breaths.

Katherine took a step closer, "What are you doing anyway?"

"Why so many questions?" Hailey sighed without turning around, "Are you that bored that you find me so amusing to annoy?"

Katherine was taken aback, "That's not why I-"

"Then what?" Hailey interrupted her as she looked over her shoulder and examined the shocked expression across her face that nearly looked cute to her, "As I recall, you don't want me in your business."

Katherine hung her head and looked away in shame, "I'm sorry about that."

"Anything else you want to tell me?" Hailey questioned her as she sensed the guilt in her; the look in her eyes was nearly sullen that she had to urge to pry and touch her shoulder for a better understanding of her feelings.

Katherine clenched her fist, "I shouldn't have disturbed you," she sighed and turned around, unable to face the guilt inside her – an emotion she did not wish to feel that moment, "Goodnight, fae."

Walking away, Katherine sighed mentally as she chided herself for almost having an argument with her; she did not wish to have one with her after all, she did save her – twice she might add. She was being ungrateful to her than anything else and she did not like it at all; it was never her intention to appear as such, but she felt as though she was a different person for some reason.

How or why, she knew not.

She seems a little down, Hailey commented as she watched Katherine disappear behind her when she rounded the corner; she never meant to be rude, but she could not help it. The shocked look on her face nearly made her giggle, but she did not; none would appreciate a sadistic faerie after all.

"Yeah I know," Hailey spoke to none in particular as she sighed, then closed her eyes just as a soft breeze blew past her to signal her time for another meditation, "I'm sorry about that," she whispered as Katherine faintly heard her speak; it made her look over her shoulder for a second and raise a brow. "How long do I have to do this again?"

Taking a step back, she turned about and silently made her way back to the forest entrance where she heard Hailey groan in the distance; it made her wonder who she talked to when she did not see nor smell anyone nearby. Leaning against the building wall, she took a deep breath just to clarify that there were in fact none nearby and her sense did prove true – it was only Hailey there.

What a weird girl, Katherine thought as she shrugged it off and headed back to her own dorm building; she has been loitering around the staff building and it was restricted to just them. It would land her inside the headmaster's office once more if she allowed herself to be found; of course, she does not wish to.

Heading back to her dorm, she saw a familiar face cross her path and looked up at her; her bright blue eyes caught her stare and a smile soon followed. Katherine stood there and examined her for a brief second before she resumed her pace, but as she got near to the blonde, she blocked her path by stretching her arms out.

"Out for a night stroll?" she queried as Katherine tilted her head in amusement, "Firsties aren't allowed here you know?"

"And of Third years?" Katherine queried, wondering why she bothered to strike a conversation, "Are you exempted from the rule?"

"Not really," she giggled softly with the moonlight touching her blue eyes that nearly made it shine silver whilst she retracted her arms, "I never quite caught your name."

"Katherine," Katherine spoke out with a shrug, "I don't recall yours either," she admitted as she took a quick sniff, "But I know your scent and your face."

"Wolves and their noses," she crossed her arms with a small smile, "It's Oriana," she reintroduced herself as she held a hand out, "Oriana Dawson," she smiled as Katherine took her hand and shook it firmly, "But just call me Ori."

"But you're a third year," Katherine replied as she retracted her hand, "I should have some respect for you," she frowned as Ori merely laughed at her statement as though it was the funniest joke she had ever heard, "What's so funny?"

"Oh, nothing," Ori replied as she calmed herself after a good fit, "You'll survive this school I guess," she explained as she brushed a stray tear in her eye, "Anyway I've got to go," she continued as she walked past her, "You can ask me anything if you see me."

Katherine simply nodded and watched her walk away; she could not quite understand how all of that went well. Her words bewildered her for a brief moment before she resumed her pace back to the dorm; her thoughts returned to Hailey in a matter of seconds as she recalled how she spoke to the wind as though it communicated with her.

Halting her step, she turned around and could vaguely see Ori's back disappearing in the distance; the wind soon picked up against her skin as she realised that she trotted towards her in such a fast pace for no reason. There was something in her mind that boggled her and made her wonder how it all started.

Catching up to her, she gently strode beside her and caught her blue eyes; there was a hint of mischief in them that she could not quite understand, but at the same time, there was a genuine care inside. They stopped and faced each other, then allowed a minute to pass before Ori tilted her head in amusement.

"What's at the bottom of the pit?"

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Shadows all around; the night creatures howled to the starless skies. The grass crunched under the heels of their shoes as they made their way through the dimly lit forest; the stars did not wish to light their paths.

The leaves sang as the wind blew a fine tune as much as the branches danced to it; the owls hooted to its melody as much as the crickets rang their loud laughs. It was a fairly quiet evening as Lt. Ford and Jesslyn strolled through the tall, gallant woods that surrounded the Institution.

Footprints marked the soft earth as the two of them followed its dry trail; they have been going in circles in search of this one beast. There were several trails that led them into the forest, but the security team have not seen anything suspicious or heard any of the alarms triggered, which caused the two of them to seek out this enigma.

"This is the third dead end," Lt. Ford spoke as he stooped down and touched the prints, "They don't seem to be leak magical essence so, I'm sure it's real."

Jesslyn did a quick sweep of the area, "I can tell without touching, Lieutenant."

"You cease to amaze me, boss," he replied as he stood up, "I can't believe you retired for a teaching job."

Jesslyn chuckled softly, "What can I say? I love teaching."

"That's a blatant lie," Lt. Ford huffed out of his nose to suppress a chuckle as they both resumed their search, pacing forward which would lead them deeper into the forest, "You just wanted an excuse to chase skirts without Kitamura catching you."

Jesslyn smirked, "Caught me red-handed."

As they treaded farther into the forest, Jesslyn saw something peculiar protruding out of the ground near a tree where an arrow was carved onto its bark; she approached this little stub on the ground and shined a light onto it with her phone, which revealed a little grave with a twig for a cross.

Stooping down, she examined it further and noticed the shiny silk on the centre of the cross that sparkled with the light's touch; the colour was familiar, but the mound it stood on made her curious as to what it was. Standing up, she turned to the mark on the tree and realised that it leaked magical essence which meant that someone placed them there.

"Looks like we found something," Lt. Ford spoke as he looked at the arrow on the tree then held up a small device, which was the size of a normal iPhone, to examine the amount of magical energy that it bore, "Hmm, strange."

"What is?" Jesslyn spoke as she turned to him and examined the look on his face.

"I think this thing is broken," Ford replied as he showed Jesslyn the reading on his device, "The needle didn't move at all."

"That is weird," Jesslyn agreed as she turned the light onto the mark again whilst Ford tried to redo the reading, "We can see it clearly so there must be some-"

At the touch of her hand, the mark vanished into thin air which made Jesslyn eyes pop out in surprise; she did not expect that to happen. In all her experience with a Mage's chant, she was certain that none of them disappeared with just a touch.

"Well, your reader isn't broken, Ford," Jesslyn spoke as Ford raised his gaze from his device and at Jesslyn, "The chant just disappeared."

Ford raised a brow, "What do you mean?"

Jesslyn offered a small frown as she shone the light onto where the mark was supposed to be. Just as she anticipated, Ford could not believe his eye as he put away his reader and examined the bark of the tree; there was nothing out of ordinary from it and it was just a regular tree, not even a summoned tree from a Mage's chant.

Putting the light out, Jesslyn heard a rustle of leaves nearby and faced its direction; she was certain that she could feel a pair of eyes watching them right that second. Ford noticed her deep stare into the darkness and groped for his pistol by his side, ready to use it should something jump them.

Taking a step forward, Jesslyn tried to find where this presence was and as she did so, she could faintly remember the times this occurred to her before – the days where she had to locate a shadow that once pursued her friend; it made her nostalgic for but a second.

Seconds went by and nothing appeared, Ford lowered his guard as he stood beside Jesslyn, who does not seem to have released her alerted senses. He walked ahead of her as they resumed their search for the person who had carved his footprints on the path; the only reason they were out there at such an hour.

As they walked on, Jesslyn noted soft echoes in the woods which made her realise that there were chants in the forest; from the small whispers they shout, she was certain that they were disappearing one by one. She safely assumed that they were just tree marks as they passed by not one, not two, but three more carvings; it made her wonder who has made them.

"We should head back," Ford suggested as he checked his watch that glowed in the dark, "You still have class tomorrow, Jessie."

Jesslyn stretched her arms up, "I guess we should, I'm a bit hungry."

"I heard the lunch hall added another set meal," Ford spoke as he smiled at her, "They're finally serving a veggie diet."

Jesslyn groaned, "You make it sound like we're all fat."

"You could lose a few pounds," Ford chuckled as they both turned around.

Jesslyn furrowed her brows, "Are you implying something, Lieutenant?"

"Nope," Ford replied as Jesslyn just gave him a quick glare; he was certain that he hit a cord with her, but he does not care. Jesslyn took a deep breath as both of them headed back the way they came; the marks on the trees were no more.

After a few minutes of walking, they were back by the small grave again. Jesslyn noticed something and pulled Ford to the side of the path, which startled the man for a moment, but Jesslyn nudged at the direction of the grave.

He looked past the dark trees and noticed a figure in a hood standing in front of the grave; his eyes landed on his feet and realised that they were the same size as the footprints they pursued, which meant that this was the man they have been looking for all evening.

Jesslyn nodded at Ford, who nodded in return before he took his gun out; he watched her stand up and slowly approached the figure. As Jesslyn approached the figure, she examined him through the dark, but there was something about him that she cannot put a finger on.

Shining a light on him, the figure did not move nor steered his gaze away from the grave. Jesslyn tried to get closer to him, but halted her step as she saw him turn to her; his eyes bore a golden hue along with his hair as much as she heard him growl.

"Hi there," Jesslyn spoke calmly, "What brings you here?"

The man did not respond.

"Okay..." Jesslyn trailed as she tried to figure out why he was there, "Did you make that grave?"

Growling louder, Jesslyn watched as hair grew out of his face as much as she saw his biceps enlarge with hair rapid surrounding his skin; she took a step backward as she watched him turn half, then ran towards her for no reason.

Taking a side-step, the man missed her as she sighed her disappointment out. So much for talking it out, she thought as the half-wolf ran away; she just stood there and turned her light out as Ford joined her. The two of them watched the figure disappear into the night, unsure where he would hide.

"Well," Ford spoke as Jesslyn walked away, "That went well."

Jesslyn stooped down to the grave, "At least we know that what we're dealing with."

"Can you ID him?" Ford queried as he walked over to her whilst he holstered his gun.

Jesslyn stood up and sighed, "Sort of."

"Then we should head back," Ford replied as he started pacing towards the institution. Jesslyn looked down at the grave once more before she followed Ford, but before she could take another step, she looked back at it; her brow rose as she noticed that the silk that at the centre of the cross was gone.

Why would he take that? Jesslyn wondered as she caught up to Ford and pocketed her hands; there was something familiar about that silken band that she could not recall. As they got nearer to the school, she remembered the events of today and sighed; it has been a while since she last saw Kathie and for it to end like this was... troublesome.

The morning they first saw each other after a while made her chuckle, which made Ford raise a brow at her. He did not wish to ask as they got nearer to the edge of the forest; he was looking forward for dinner as much as he was eager to get the details of their mystery wood's man.

All of a sudden, Jesslyn stopped as her eyes quivered at what she recalled; her memory played the morning's event and realised that Kathie had the same silken tie as the one on the grave. Rushing forward, Jesslyn ran back to the institution as Ford ran after her, unsure why she suddenly bolted.

How could I have been so blind?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"You can't tell anyone about it, okay?"

Katherine sighed as she stared at herself in the mirror; beads of water trickled down her cheeks as hot air fogged the mirror. She dried her hair with a towel then allowed it to hang around her shoulders whilst she made her way to her wardrobe; the rooms they have for students were beyond her expectations.

She did not expect them to be so spacious, when outside it looked too cramped; it surprised her even more when she learned that they can house more than three hundred students in just one building.

After clothing herself, she plopped down on her bed with arms spread eagle as she let out a deep breath; her mind dangled over the answer she just received from Ori. At some point that day, it did make her wonder how they survived an eighty foot drop and even lived to tell the tale.

It was mind boggling, but the biggest question in her head was how did they get to the field of flowers? Surely there was a logically answer for it, but perhaps her mind was not skilled enough to conclude on one; it made her brain sizzle, enough for small gasps of smoke escape her ears.

"How did we get there anyway?" Katherine whispered as she recalled Ori's answer; she was certain that it was nearly impossible for both of them to end up there. She could not smell a hint of deceit in Ori's scent earlier, so she believed every word she had said – almost quite taken with her if she would be honest.

Turning to the window, she gazed into the starless nights as she took a deep breath and exhaled softly; her brain wracked itself for answer, but ultimately, she only groaned out her frustration. She stood up and looked out her window; the wind blew calmly over the forest.

Her eyes found its way to the entrance as her brain lingered on the answer. The blue hair she saw there earlier was no longer there; a part of her hoped to see her, but felt a little disappointed that she was not. Sighing, she hung her towel away and took her card key before she walked out the door.

Only she can tell me, Katherine thought as she made her way to the staircase beside the elevators; there were only seven short floors in this building. Descending two floors down, Katherine could smell where Hailey's room was and followed her trail; somehow, she cannot rest her mind when the answer was just two floors below her.

Rounding the corner, the scent grew stronger as she stood in front of her door with the numbers 517 written on a square plaque. She took a deep breath and reached out for the door, ready to knock thrice in hopes that she would answer; before her fingers could even graze the door it swung open and revealed those pair of dark amber eyes.

"What are you doing here?" Hailey questioned her as her eyes examined Katherine in her dark blue pyjamas.

Katherine raised a brow, "How'd you know I was here?"

"The wind carried your breath," Hailey replied and shrugged, "What do you want?"

Katherine took a deep breath and met her eyes head on; she wanted to know what truly happened to them as they fell and how they ended up in that field. The questions in her mind taunted her to the point that she cannot erase them inside her head; it was driving her mad.

"This might take long," Katherine spoke as she touched her nape as Hailey held open the door for her to enter; it took Katherine a second to realise that her hair was still wet as much as she was still in a towel. Quickly averting her eyes, she walked inside the room and was careful not to turn to her. "T-thanks."

Hailey smirked, "You look flustered."

"W-what?" Katherine stuttered as she swallowed the lump of saliva in her throat as she tried not to look at Hailey, whose scent she smelt came closer to her; she stood there as her eyes tried not to steer towards her. She could feel her pulse rise for no reason as much as there was an anxiety in the rhythm of her heart.

Hailey opened her wardrobe, "Well don't just stand there and go sit on the bed."

"But that would be-"

"Just sit woman," Hailey interrupted her train of thoughts and went over just to push her down the bed, which elicited a soft gasp from the tall blonde; her grey eyes found her eyes as much as a dash of red coloured her cheeks, which made Hailey grin at her. "Or drape on the bed, your choice."

Katherine nearly growled at her, but she did not; Hailey's scent invaded her nostrils when she landed on her bed. It made her dizzy for a moment as much as she turned to her; somehow she felt her body turn to mush for no reason. She tried to sit up as she kept her eyes closed, hoping to calm herself down for her heartbeat shot up like a rocket.

"So," Hailey spoke as she pulled on her trousers, "What did you want with me?"

Katherine took a deep breath, "I want to know what happened when we fell."

"In love?" Hailey teased.

Katherine jerked her head up with eyes wide open, "No!"

"Chill woman," Hailey giggled at her expression as she plopped down next to her, "Well," she began as Katherine kept her back at her, "I'm not so sure myself."

Katherine fiddled with her fingers, "What do you mean?"

"It was just darkness," Hailey tried to recall today's event, "I couldn't see past it," she continued as she took a deep breath, "And the next thing I know we're outside."

Katherine turned to her, "That's it?"

"Yep," Hailey replied instantly as she examined Katherine's expression; there was a hint of suspicion in her grey eyes as much as she could sense the truth in them. She was certain that she knew something that she does not, but she did not wish to ask; the two of them were already on bad vibes with each other.

For a moment, the two of them held their stares as if there was something neither of them wanted to tell the other. Katherine could smell that she told her the truth as much as Hailey could sense her emotions with just the slightest contact; Katherine knew not if she should inquire further, but she wanted to know the truth.

"Are you for certain that you don't know?" Katherine questioned her as leaned forward as her palm dug into the mattress, "Was there anything beyond the darkness?"

"I already told you," Hailey replied as she inclined herself, propping her elbows to elevate her body; her face was close enough for her to smell Katherine's breath. "I couldn't see anything past the dark pit."

"Are you telling the truth?" Katherine leant forward as she queried, but her tone sounded more of an accusation.

"You dare question me, wolf?" Hailey hissed softly as she got closer too as they glared at each other closely; their breaths were already colliding with each other. A second ran and they remained like that as though they did not want to revise their words; Hailey had no reason to lie, but Katherine had a valid reason to doubt her.

Pulling back, Katherine sighed and shook her head; she could not tell if her lie was real or if it was her own doubts that turned it into a lie. Hailey cupped Katherine's cheek with one hand, which caught her by surprise, and sensed the flow of her emotions; she could tell that there was a mild confusion inside of her as much as there was a lot of doubt inside.

"You doubt me," Hailey spoke, "Why?"

Katherine frowned, "How do you always know these things?"

"I'm a Faerie, remember?" Hailey giggled as Katherine simply tilted her head, "We can read other people's energy – even the earth's," she explained as she smiled at her cute expression, "Our powers were hailed from sprites according to lore."

Katherine raised a brow, "But how did you know?"

"We can naturally feel the flow of the world," Hailey explained as she rubbed circles with her thumb on Katherine's cheek, "As much as I can feel a lot of guilt in you."

Katherine gently removed her hand and looked away, "I'm sorry, for everything."

"Why are you suddenly apologising?" Hailey tilted her head as much as her brow arched in surprise.

Katherine touched her nape, "Because I was being an ass."

"You're surprisingly honest," Hailey chuckled as she patted Katherine's cheek, but could sense that she did not appreciate that; it only made her grin. "I like you better when you are."

Katherine pulled away and stood up; it took Hailey by surprise, but she faintly sensed embarrassment from her as much as there was confusion and disgust. It merely made her grin wider as they stared at each other; a hint of red crept across Katherine's face.

"I should go," Katherine announced as she cleared her throat, "Thanks for answering my questions."

Hailey smiled, "Anytime, wolfie."

"Please don't call me that," Katherine furrowed her brows as much as Hailey could sense anger in her; Katherine's eyes told her without even touching her.

Hailey chuckled, "Aww, but it sounds so cute."

Katherine merely glared at her as she watched her smirk wide; she could not understand how she can annoy her one moment, but be nice the next. Standing up, Hailey walked Katherine to the door as she tried her hardest not to tease her even more; despite her curious personality, she found her rather amusing. She has never met a wolf who held back a lot of things. Beyond the emotions that she felt from her, she also sensed a lot of locked up memories inside of her.

"Well, goodnight," Katherine bade as Hailey opened the door for her.

Hailey smiled as Katherine walked out, "Goodnight, wolfie."

Nodding silently, Katherine walked down the hallway as she heard the door lock click; she took a deep breath and let it out as she tried calm herself. I told her not to call me that, Katherine seethed mentally as she just shook her anger off; she did not wish to return to Hailey's bad side after she just apologised.

Sighing, she took a turn around the corner and took a deep breath; she pocketed her hands, but raised a brow at the emptiness of her pockets. She groped the sides of her waist then palmed her face; she could not feel her card key anywhere.

I must have dropped it in her room, Katherine thought as she sighed once more before she turned about; she did not wish to return that fast. Retracing her steps, Katherine tried to calm herself before she approached Hailey's door, certain that she already felt her approach; she expected her to open the door before she even arrived.

As she got closer, it took her by surprise that she did not open her door; it made her raise a brow and nearly questioned her Fae powers. Raising her hand, she knocked on the door and felt the wood graze her skin thrice, but there was no answer; she waited for a minute, believing that she must have been relieving herself in the loo.

"Hailey?" Katherine called out as she knocked once again, but just like before, there was no answer. Feeling something amiss, she took a deep breath and tried to see what lied beyond the door; there appeared to be nothing there, but Hailey seems to be suspended in air. "Hailey?"

In her panic, Katherine took a few steps back and started to ram the door; she body collided with the door, but it did not budge, which made her curse under her breath from the pain she took. Growling, she took another charge and felt her anger rise; she bumped the door and finally it came undone, which left it hanging by a hinge.

A faint whimper echoed against the four walls of the room as Katherine growled at the figure that held Hailey in a tight grip; she lunged at this man without a second thought and tried to subdue him, but he merely backhanded her. It sent her flying across the room and back out the door as Katherine landed on the hard wall.

Trying to get up, she roared as she rushed towards him with her fist in the air; the man with golden eyes turned to her and found her a nuance. Katherine landed a blow to his cheek, but he did not seem to take the force; it merely made him look away as much as Katherine stood there in shock.

Slowly, the man steered his eyes towards her as Katherine saw her burning yellow eyes glare down at her; he raised his fist and punched Katherine back out once again and caused a large crack on the cemented wall.

Heaving air into her lungs, Katherine felt the pain from the punch as much as blood escaped her nose; her body ached all over as she tried to get up. Hailey looked like she was in a much deeper pain than she was and felt anger rise even higher inside her; she tried to get up, but her body refused as though the impact instilled fear into it.

With every passing second that she sat there, anger rose to greater lengths and surpassed the fear inside her body; she growled as she felt her body shift into half without even asking for her permission. Lunging once again, she tackled the man onto the bed and managed to free Hailey; she had expected him to counter, but instead he shoved her away.

Clawing at him, he merely rolled to the other side of the bed, then eyed her for a moment, before he leapt out the window; Katherine went over to the window and did not see his retreating figure. A soft whisper called her name and made her race towards Hailey, who had hand marks around her neck.

"Hailey!" Katherine called out to her as she could smell her consciousness wane, "Listen to me," she tried to shake her softly as she placed her on the bed to help her breath properly, "Keep breathing, Hailey!"

Hailey's lips slowly curved into a smile as she raised her hand to touch Katherine's cheek; she could feel the panic, the worry, but most of all, she could feel her fear. Katherine's mouth spoke words she could not hear as much as her vision shortened where the edges were jagged as much as the darkness closed in on her.

Slowly, her eyelids closed as much as Katherine stared at her pale figure, worried that she might stop breathing if she looked away; she gritted her teeth as she picked her up. The sound of Hailey's heartbeat was slow and unsteady, that made her worry shoot up; she knew not what to do, but she was certain that doing nothing would not help either.

Running out of the room, she tried to her hardest not to feel the blood escape her nose; she was certain that it still ran as much as she felt the pain in her back. She rounded the bend and saw Jesslyn rush out of the elevator and saw them; light caught her heart as she felt hope calm it.

"What's going on?" Jesslyn queried as she rushed towards them and Katherine in her half form as much as she noticed the paleness of her companion. Katherine could not speak as Jesslyn noted the rapid movement of her eyelids, which made her realise that she just experienced something she should not have. "Take her to infirmary immediately!"

Nodding fervently, Katherine ran down the stairs as much as Jesslyn followed her down; they descend five stories and rushed out of the building. They garnered a lot of stares from incoming crowd as they barged right through them; they did not care at all, since now was not really the right time for them to stop.

"Kathie," Jesslyn called out to her as they kept running, "What happened to her?"

Katherine did not respond as she kept running as if her life depended on it; the infirmary was quite the distance from the dorms as it was in the central area of the institution. It took them at least three minute to get there; Jesslyn's lungs were already begging her to stop after the long run to and fro.

Soon enough, they reached the infirmary just before the school doctor closed the door; he saw them and quickly went inside the room as much as Katherine did. She laid the unconscious Hailey on the bed as the doctor began his examination; Jesslyn and him immediately noted the strangle marks on around her neck.

"What happened to her?" the doctor queried as he pressed the stethoscope against Hailey's chest.

Jesslyn took deep breaths, "Kathie, please tell us what happened."

A moment of silence fell as Katherine refused to remove her gaze from Hailey; she did not care for those around her as she prayed for her to open her eyes. There was a part of her that felt guilty for what transpired and blamed herself for all of it; this would not have happened if she was strong enough to defend her.

"Kathie," Jesslyn placed a hand on her shoulder, "Please."

Looking away, Katherine walked out the door as she clenched her fist, unable to face Hailey right now for her incompetence; she closed the door behind her, afraid that Hailey would wake up and see her. She walked towards a pillar and leant against it, but felt her body slump down at her ineptitude; her guilt rode the contours of her heart.

What kind of wolf am I?

~

~

A/N: Hello people, what's up?

What lies below the pit? Will Katherine find the will to live after what happened? Who is that mysterious man? Vote, Comment and Follow if you havent! (: 

Dedicated to  miane11 for her silent support (I wish it wasn't so silent, I won't chide you if you comment :<) Thank you for always reading my updates (: hope you enjoyed this one ^^ 

PS: my drawing is out of proportion, but it was rushed xD so forgive my ineptitude xD

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.3K 585 22
I face the bedroom wall of the cabin, trying to avoid their eyes, "I can't let anyone know my secret now that I know that I know what it really means...
478K 3.4K 6
'The boundary between Life and Death are at best, shadowy and vague. Who shall say where one ends and the other begins?' Cursed by the moon and trai...
4.6K 259 36
"Who's there," I can't breath. I'm always looking over my shoulder ever since- I can't think about the now. I have to run but where, back to Jake? No...
14K 2.8K 32
✪ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ✪ ★ 𝐖𝐚𝐭𝐭𝐲𝐬 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏 𝐁𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐂𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐒𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐥𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 ★ ☆ 𝐅𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 @𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐢�...