Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Fiery Blue
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Grey Eyes

4K 148 27
By bookie032

"Who are you?"

There was no reply.

"What are you doing here?"

Only silence spoke.

Katherine stood there with an arm before Hailey, who does not seem bothered by the man's presence; she was not really interested in him as much as they could not see his entire face, but merely his eyes. There was a bandana over his mouth that told Katherine that he was not someone to pick a bone with.

Their eyes stared at him as he took a step forward that nearly made Katherine growl; there was instinct inside her – something she knew, but could not unleash. Sweat trickled down the sides of her temples as anxiety began rising from the bowels of her stomach and up to her chest; there was fear inside her, but not in her companion.

Grass crunched as he took another step closer to them as his dark blue eyes remained straight, unwavering. Hailey dropped her arms as she examined Katherine; she can see something in her eyes that made her smirk, but could only shake her head mentally – it was unnecessary to her.

She does not need her protection.

"Stay back!" Katherine let out a soft growl which was neither convincing nor intimidating; she did not seem fierce as much as her instincts were. Hailey pocketed her hands as she examined the man in his overalls; there was something about him that she cannot put her finger on as much as Katherine thinks his dangerous.

The man was almost half-way to them as his eyes remained listless, unreadable, lost; Katherine kept her stance as he got nearer, closer and closer which made her grit her teeth. Her fist turned into a ball as the man was finally two feet away from them; he was taller than they had anticipated, probably at least six foot tall.

"Rose."

Rose?

Katherine raised a brow completely bewildered by what he had said; was that his name? She knew not. She kept her stance as he got closer which made her pulse shoot up even higher in anxiety; there was need inside her to fight him for no apparent reason, simply just for the fun of it.

The man took another step and as finally stood in front of the blonde with grey eyes, who glared back into his listless blue ones. He locked his gaze at her as he slowly bent down and removed his gaze on her; he tapped her foot as Katherine raised her other brow in confusion.

"You're stepping on the rose," he spoke as he gently tapped her foot again, "Move."

Hailey smothered her laughter as she looked at Katherine, who had her hand on her nape with red across her face as she did as she was told; the blush on her face was cute as much as her overprotectiveness, but it only made Hailey giggle. The blonde simply frowned at her as she tried not to be even more embarrassed.

"W-where are we?" Katherine stuttered as she tried not to feel embarrassed.

The man took the rose she stepped on and looked up at her, "You're in a field of flowers."

"Yes, I am aware of that," Katherine sighed, "But, where is this field?"

He stood up and placed the rose in his breast pocket, "Aren't you a student at the thing nearby?"

"Thing?" Katherine raised a brow, but caught on what he meant, "Oh, yeah, we're students of the Faris Institution."

He took out a small pair of garden sheers and walked past her, "No, shit."

Hailey looked around as she tried to figure out where the institution was; they stood on a flat ground, but they cannot see the mountain. The mountain could serve as a guide as to where they need to venture to return to the Institution; they can go home, but she did not wish to.

"Do you tend this field alone?" She questioned the old man as she smiled at him and earned her a soft nod, "It looks really beautiful and well-kept."

He finished sheering and turned to her, then to the other one; he stood up and pointed to where he came from. He looked at the blonde one and could sense something bothering her, but he could not care less about it; he acquired her attention and noticed the sadness upon her grey irises.

"Follow the path down the forest," he spoke, "I carved the trees to which direction that thing stands," he explained as he bent down and started to weed out some scrubs, "Follow it and it'll lead you back to your school."

Katherine turned to the forest, "That's awfully convenient."

"Be kind," Hailey chided her as she smiled at the man, "Thank you."

He merely nodded as Katherine already treaded half-way through the field as she took careful steps in it; a part of her could sense a pair of eyes watched her, certain that it was the old man. She did not wish his wrath upon her and made sure not to step on any flowers.

"Hey, wait for me!" Hailey shouted as she took a step away from the man, but before she took another, she turned to him, "May I know your name, sir?"

He slowly looked over his shoulder and met her dark amber gaze, "Scott."

"Thank you for the help, Mister Scott," Hailey smiled before she followed Katherine's steps; she met with her at the base of the forest and looked back for a moment, but could no longer find old man Scott.

Shrugging it off, she followed Katherine through the blanket of trees; there were all sorts of creatures in it – squirrels, stray lizards, and even some night owls. The sun was creeping up as they went, where the sea of leaves overhead protected them as much as it sung to the tune of the wind.

Katherine held her head high as she followed the path the old man pointed to them; just as he said, there were arrows carved on the trees. She felt a little guilty for being a bit mean to him; she had reasons not to trust him – it was her instincts that told her so despite the fact that she knew not what came into her earlier.

A crunch came from behind her that made her jolt up and turn around swiftly; her eyes raced to the fiery blue hair that poked out of the side of a tree a few meters behind. Curiosity rose within her as much as her brow, which made her approach her on a whim; she noticed how her companion has stooped down on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Katherine spoke with an inquisitive tone as she stood beside her.

Hailey did not respond and simply resumed her collection of leaves. Katherine merely watched in silence as she examined what she was doing; there were four long twigs on the ground as much as there was a pile of leaves next to it. It made her wonder what she was doing as she dug into the soft ground.

As the seconds went on by, Hailey placed leaves in the whole she dug as though she had made a bed. Katherine's eyes widened as she saw a dead blue jay inside that pile of leaves; there was a deep wound on its chest as much as one if its wings were dislocated.

There was a hint of sadness inside her as she watched Hailey lift up the dead bird slowly as though it was a child, then carefully placed it inside the hole; she closed her eyes for a moment as though she wanted to say a solemn prayer to it.

Concern drifted into Katherine's chest which made her place a hand on Hailey's shoulder as though to comfort her; she did not know that she had a deep connection with the wild. Stooping down to her level, she helped her bury the dead bird in silence as she made sure to keep cover it fully; she took the twigs and formed a cross, but could not find a vine to tie it on the centre.

"Leave it," Hailey spoke softly as she turned to her and simply found her lips in a line, "Its already happy that we buried it," she explained, but Katherine merely frowned, then took off her hair band then used it to tie the cross, "I guess that works too."

Katherine placed it on grave as her hair cascaded down her shoulders that caught the eye of the this blue haired teen; there was something about her that lit up as though there was an aura of kindness around her, but she locked it all inside. Hailey merely smiled at her as the two of them stood up.

"You're surprisingly... kind," she spoke as the two of them resumed their walk, "I thought you were going to make fun of me."

Katherine shook her head, "I thought it was a thoughtful gesture, actually."

"Well," Hailey spoke as fiddled with her fingers, "The little one asked me to do it."

Katherine turned to her with a raised brow, "Asked you?"

"Yeah, I heard him," Hailey looked up at her, "Do you think it's weird?"

Katherine shook her head and smiled, "I think it's an excellent gift."

"Thanks," she replied sheepishly as Katherine noted the hint of red across her face, "I'm a faerie if you haven't noticed yet."

Katherine nodded, "I kind of knew, from your smell."

"Ah, yeah," Hailey chuckled, "I almost forgot your wolf."

Katherine touched her nape, "Sometimes I forget too."

Hailey raised a brow as the blonde refused to meet her gaze; she could sense that there was something bothering her, but could only guess at what. She did not query her words and simply walked with her through the forest; it was quite a length for them and from the way the sun had raised a good angle, told her that an hour had passed.

Taking a good sniff of the air, Katherine could faintly guess at their distance, but was certain that they were closer than they were earlier; her shirt was already covered with sweat from her back as much as she felt a little warm from the way her hair covered the passage of air to her nape.

Brushing her hair to her shoulder, Hailey wiped her forehead clean of sweat as she felt a cold breeze ran through them that scattered the leaves on the ground; it was calm and refreshing as much as she appreciated it at that exact moment. She fanned herself as they kept going, unsure when they will reach the Institution.

"So hot," Hailey whined as she saw Katherine turn to her, "I don't understand how you can survive this."

Katherine shrugged, "Don't worry, we're almost there."

"I can't take it anymore!" Hailey exclaimed as she held the hem of her shirt and slowly undressed herself, but Katherine prevented her from doing so, which left her head covered by her shirt, "What gives?"

Katherine nearly growled, "Are you crazy? Put it back on!"

"But it's hot!" Hailey hissed as she tried to remove her shirt which revealed her chest, much to Katherine's disapproval; the blonde sighed and forced her shirt down which earned her a frown from blue haired teen. "Now I feel sticky."

Katherine rolled her eyes, "Can't you hold on for just a little bit more?"

"Too hoooooooot," Hailey whined even further which almost vexed Katherine, "I won't make it."

Katherine sighed and found no alternative, then simply stared at her for moment as she thought of a solution; thinking about it, it was possible for her to just run and leave her, but that would be wrong – she did not wish to leave her here alone.

Taking a deep breath, Katherine picked Hailey up and carried her; she did not expect her to be this light after what happened earlier on, at how she was able to pull her up with such ease. Hailey looked at her with a raised brow as she tried not blush at what she did; it took her by surprise, but she only felt utterly sticky.

"Hold on," Katherine spoke as she started to jog with Hailey in her arms. Wind eventually picked up to them as much as her pace hastened, which made her feel full – alive; she kept running in the same path as she felt her heart pump adrenaline.

"I can see it!" Hailey exclaimed as she saw the clock tower of the Institution that stood in the middle of the campus; the time told them that it was already ten past eleven in the morning. She did not expect it to be that late already; she had assumed that it was still early. "We're almost there!"

Finally, Katherine thought as she ran faster and faster as she saw the end of the forest; a great open plain lie beyond the thicket of trees as much a cold breeze blew the grass into one direction. She felt her pulse rise with anticipation, worried about what kind of chaos they have brought to the school, but so far none seemed out of ordinary.

An unfamiliar scent made Katherine halt and made her take a deep breath to identify this properly, but as she did, men in black combat gear hailed from the trees with their heavy weapons brandished at them; she growled at the sight of their hostility as her eyes glowed gold to show that she was unafraid – at least, that was what she thought.

"Stand down!" A voice boomed from the open field as the people around her lowered their sights; she kept her guard up as a tall man with a scar across his face appeared before them. One of his eyes was gone and left with nothing but a blind, blank iris. "They are students, assist them back to the Institution, now!"

Holstering their weapons, the men began to march forward to the institution with the two of them in the middle; it made Hailey wonder what was that all about and merely looked at Katherine, whose eyes remained alert – golden.

"I apologise," the scarred man spoke, "We have been searching for you for two hours now and most of my men have been on edge," he tried to explain as he looked at them, "I'm Lieutenant Ford."

Hailey raised a brow, "As in," she cleared her throat, "Tan tanan tan, tan tanan tan, tan tananantaaaaaaan," she giggled as Ford merely stared at her with a raised brow in amusement, which made her clear her throat again, "Harrison Ford?"

"Yes, Indiana Jones, Ford," he chuckled as he offered a warm smile to them, "Are you both alright?"

Hailey nodded, "Yeah, we're fine."

"I see," he nodded as he noted the dirt on their hands, "Then why is she carrying you?"

At the sound of his question, Katherine nearly dropped Hailey who yelped a soft cry as Katherine tried to regain her footing; she merely tripped on a small stone that made her lose her balance. Hailey turned to Katherine with a frown, but she only got a dash of red across her face despite her golden eyes; it was cute nonetheless at how she looked so fierce, but timid at the same time.

"Why are you hostile, wolf?" Lt. Ford asked as his eyes examined her, "You're safe now."

Katherine let out a soft growl and remained silent; there was something in the air she could not understand which was why she preferred to be on alert. Hailey wondered why as well as the institution back door finally got bigger with each step Katherine took; they were finally back to the school.

As the tall iron gates came into perfect view, students from across the wall saw them and were intrigued to see them alive; some of them probably were just trying to see what the fuss was about since security had them inside the circle. Amongst the rough crowd were the teachers, who were aware of the situation and began dispersing the crowd.

Standing tall as the students walked past her, Jesslyn watched as the iron gates opened in front of her whilst the security team deliver them inside. Ford approached her with a smile as much as she returned this gesture and examined the two of them; they looked pretty much decent without any signs of struggle save the dirt on their hands.

"Wilson," Jesslyn spoke as Katherine approached her with Hailey still in her arms, "You can put Miss Shepard down now," she told her and she obeyed, then nodded at Ford, "I'll take it from here, Ford."

He nodded, "Do my paper work for me too."

"Don't count on it," Jesslyn chuckled as she gestured for the two to follow her, "It seems both of you had quite an adventure," she tried to break the silence, "Don't worry, I'm not mad at the two of you."

Hailey sighed in relief, "Great, I thought you would."

"For what?" Jesslyn was quick to question, "As far as I'm concerned you attempted to save a fellow classmate," she explained as she led them to the first year building, "Both of you showed courage that the others didn't have, you know?"

Katherine caught up to her, "What about our classes?"

"You will resume after lunch hour," Jesslyn replied as she pointed to two lockers, "Your uniforms are in those," she explained, "Get changed because the headmaster wants to see you."

Hailey raised a brow, "I thought we aren't in trouble?"

"You're not," Jesslyn chuckled as she offered her a warm smile, "Madame Hyde just wants to know the story, you know get the facts right."

Humming, Hailey merely nodded as she started to undress herself; Jesslyn stood by the side of the locker and leant against it as she gave the two some privacy. She did not expect them to return that fast, but was glad either way; it boggled her mind that this happened to them even though it was not supposed to happen.

"Kathie," Jesslyn spoke as she noticed that she has not reverted her eyes yet, "What's the matter?"

Katherine zipped up her skirt to finish, "Nothing, Jess."

"Your eyes tell me otherwise," she replied as she hung her head, "Did you... see anything out there?"

Katherine walked past her and entered the bathroom in silence, then opened the tap to wash her hands; she had nothing to tell her. There was indeed something out there in those woods, but she cannot put a finger as to what was out there; she could sense them flocking around her, but she could not see them at all as though they were invisible.

Hailey zipped her skirt, "You two know each other?"

"Kathie is," Jesslyn took a deep breath as she turned to face the blue haired teen, "A good friend of mine and I met her through my sister."

Hailey raised a brow, "Didn't know you have a sister coach."

"You'd be surprised if you met her," Jesslyn chuckled as she followed her to the bathroom where both of them found Katherine staring at her own image as the water ran endlessly, "Kathie?"

Taking a deep breath, Katherine closed the tap as much as she closed her eyes; she cannot understand why her eyes were still gold. She may not be able to control most of her powers, but she was certain than only when she was angry when her eyes would turn gold or when she was frightened.

A hand touched her shoulder and brought her back from her silent daydreaming; she turned to face a pair of dark amber eyes that somehow made her feel warm inside – enough for her fear and anger to melt into nothing. Hailey smiled at her and it warmed her chest, then watched her remove her hand; she smiled back and returned her gaze to her reflection, but her golden eyes have receded.

"We should go," Jesslyn nudged for the door as the two followed her; she led them out the door and eventually to the administration building at the heart of the institution where the clock tower stood on. Opening the door for them, the secretary greeted them with a smile as she stood up to take over, "Go with her."

Hailey raised a brow, "What about you? Don't you want to know?"

"I already have an idea," Jesslyn chuckled as she turned about and waved them bye, then disappeared out the tall brown doors; she was not lying nor was she telling the truth. She merely smiled at what occurred earlier at how the faerie calmed down the wolf, who was unaware of her own powers, "What a day."

Staring into the bright sky, Jesslyn placed a hand over her eyes to cover her vision, preventing the sun to sear her green gaze; she smiled at the sky as she realised that the seeds of friendship had been planted for her two students. She pocketed her hands and proceeded to the second year building.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"So let me get this straight," Madame Hyde spoke as she eyed the two cautiously, "Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong," she added as she examined them; she could smell the absence of fear in their system – no remorse, no guilt. "You two woke up in a field of flowers?"

Hailey nodded, "Yes, that's true."

"And you saw a man there who you assume tended the field?" Madame Hyde questioned further as she raised her brow; she did not quite believe them.

Hailey sensed this, "Yes, his name was Scott as he told me."

"I see," Hyde responded as a knock came upon her door, "Come in."

Katherine inhaled silently as she smelt the trio who entered; their scents were masked, but she can tell that they were not what they seemed. Her eyes wandered off to three pairs of feet that wore jog shoes and eventually, she met their faces; both of them had their eyes widened at the three who stood in front of them.

"I'm sure that you know all of them," Madame Hyde spoke as she stood up from behind her desk and stood at the side; she faced the window as Katherine wondered why those three were there, "Alright, the lot of you can introduce yourselves."

A bright light fell upon the room as the two teens shielded their eyes from the immense gleam; Hailey tried to keep her eyes on the trio as the beam of light slowly faded. Before them, the three teens they assumed dead wore different face – ones that have seen more years than their previous ones.

"Howdy," the tall middle guy smiled as much as he earned a soft elbow from the short woman to his left, "Well, we're Morpherlings if you haven't guess it."

Madam Hyde looked over her shoulder and the three who stood behind her felt the chill of her gaze; the tall blonde to the guy's right cleared her throat and nodded at the two, who merely raised a brow at her – confusion etched across their faces.

"I'm Naomi Klick," she introduced herself as she kept a soft, but indifferent gaze at them, "I teach Physics."

"Harold Sanders," the man in the middle spoke as he gave a toothy grin, "I'm another Physical Ed coach," he explained, "But I only teach the second year students."

"And I'm Oriana Dawson," the small one to the left spoke as she smiled wide, "I'm not a teacher, but I kind of volunteered for the fall," she explained, "I'm in year three."

For a moment, the duo merely looked at them as Katherine's eyelids lowered in boredom; she did not wish to know all of this and only wanted to resume her classes – whatever was left. This was not part of the plan; she only imagined for a swift chide from the headmaster, not an explanation from fools.

Standing up, she caught the attention of the room – even from the headmaster, who merely smelt her; Katherine walked around the chair and proceeded towards the door without a single word out of her mouth.

The lock clicked and the door swung open; her grip was hard and her anger was a little high. She walked out of the room and proceeded down the stairs, walking past the secretary's desk, then out of the building. The sun touched her skin as she took a deep breath; there was something in the air she could not quite understand.

Trotting towards her building, the bell rang and nearly deafened her as she let out a soft growl. Students in navy blue ties and white polo came pouring out of their rooms as they made way towards the cafeteria; the lunch hour was upon them as they would fight with the other levels for the food. At least, that was how Katherine imagined it.

Left and right, people bumped her shoulders as they ran past her without a single shout of apology; she dismissed them as she hastened her pace with each step she took. She wanted to get away from the crowd, the unwanted stares, the sound of nonsense, but above all, she wanted to get away from the unending whispers.

"Hey," she heard a call from behind and spun around almost on instinct, "Are you alright?"

Katherine let out a soft sigh, "Yeah, I am."

"Don't look like it," Hailey tilted her head to the side, "You look a little pale," she commented as she took a step closer and placed her palm on Katherine's forehead, "But not really sick."

Katherine slapped her hand away, "I said I'm alright."

"You didn't have to slap my hand," Hailey frowned as Katherine looked away in shame; there was a slight frown on her lips, "What's bothering you?"

Katherine turned around and began walking away, not even bothering to answer her; she had no reason to answer her questions, yet she kept on prodding. She can hear light footsteps behind her even as she turned the bend; it nearly vexed her, but shame put her in place.

Halting her steps, she sighed and turned around to face this blue pest, but found none behind her; it made her raise a brow as she looked around the area, but could not find her. Good riddance, she thought as she made her way to the next class; she could not find the appetite to eat after everything that happened today – on the first day of school of all days.

Finding her classroom, Katherine sat at the farthest seat next to the window and dumped her bag on the table; she stood there and stared at the table as she felt anger rise in her pulse for no reason – like a power rushing to break free inside.

Why? Katherine asked herself as she slowly clenched her fists as if to calm down the rise in her veins; it felt as though a dozen buckets of bile piled up inside her and wanted to be regurgitated on the floor. She could not understand the feeling her body had been keeping inside.

What is happening to me?

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Kathie, what's up?" Jesslyn queried as she sat behind her desk, "I heard what happened in the office," she continued as she set aside her phone, "You know you can talk to me, right?"

Katherine sighed, "I know."

"Then why so glum?" she queried as she plopped her elbow on the table to examine the troubled teen, "Did you get your heart broken?"

Katherine frowned, "I hope you're joking."

"Maybe," Jesslyn chuckled as she smiled at her, "Your face told me you just got rejected," she spoke as she noted the sadness in her eyes, "But then again, I'm not vamp or a wolf to say for sure."

Katherine stared at her, "How's Suki?"

"Don't change the subject," Jesslyn replied monotonously as her eyelids dropped to half her eyes, "All I'm asking is what's running through your head, Kathie."

Katherine slumped back into her seat, "Nothing really."

"I find that very hard to believe," Jesslyn responded as she approached the window of her room, "You should be in bed by now," she told her as she gazed up into the clear night sky, "Class starts at six you know."

Katherine sighed, "And ends as early as one."

"Only because you have your respective race meetings," Jesslyn chuckled as she took a can of Ice Tea from her mini-fridge, "You can stay here for the night if you want," she offered as she approached her and placed the cold can to Katherine's face, "Just don't bring friends."

Katherine took the can, "And you?"

"I have plans," Jesslyn replied with a warm smile as she proceeded to the door, "Sleep tight, Kathie."

Katherine smirked, "I'm telling Suki about your secret rendezvous in the moonlight."

"Do that and you'll get an F," Jesslyn looked over her shoulder with a sly grin on her face as Katherine frowned at her; she watched her friend leave the room and she sighed. The starless evening was cold and silently, which made her very bored.

The rest of the day went by normally for her with great exception to the random feelings she got when she walked the halls; she has not seen Hailey since their talk in the hallway, which made her a little bit guilty. She did not mean to be rude, but she did not wish for her to pry into her business; she wanted none to bother her.

Walking towards the long window, she gazed into the heavens as she popped open the can, then brought it to her lips; the cold face of the aluminium can did not even make her feel the chill. It made her wonder why, when at times, it did.

Sighing, her hot breath reached the cold surface of the window and made it moisten; she stared at the small blot of hot air and saw something peculiar in the centre. There was small foggy blue in the middle that made her stare at it until the fog had cleared; in the forest below the building, the familiar blue she refused to meet, sat there in the open grass just outside the forest entrance.

What's she doing?

Katherine wondered as she stared at her back and thought about her late night escapade; a smirk fell upon her lips at the thought that Jesslyn was the one who would meet Hailey, which would be a great scandal in the school. She knew her well-enough to chase skirts when she felt like it, but respected her nonetheless; for Suki's sake, she would not tarnish her name.

As she stared at her, a white orb flew past her, which made her take a step back, startled at how fast it went; she turned to right to follow its trail, but found nothing but an empty space in the air. Weird, she thought as she gulped down the rest of the can; as she took the last sip, the same white orb ran past her again, which nearly made her drop the can.

"What the?" she spoke as she looked out the window to find it. Was it a mage? A morphling? Or, a vamp even? She thought as she turned around and took her jacket off the chair, then left Jesslyn's room; she tracked the fire exit and used the stairs to descend, but she had hoped to see it as she did so.

So far, none flew past her gaze as her feet touched the ground; the sky remained clear as she found herself near the forest. Putting her denim jacket on, she made her way around the building and found herself standing just behind that blue haired girl; she stood there and stared at her, then wondered what she was doing there.

Curious, she approached her silently as she made sure not to make a single sound; the grass was not as crisp as it was inside the forest which made it easier for her to avoid detection. She was a few feet away from her, when all of a sudden a white orb ran towards her.

In that split second, her eyes widened at what she saw – a knight ready to pierce her with a lance directed at her before she could even get closer. Her foot lost balance and made her stumble back; her bottom touched the moistened grass and formed a huge mark on her denim jeans.

"What are you doing?"

Katherine's eyes shot up to that familiar voice as she felt her heartbeat ran laps around the campus in fright; she could hear it echo against her ears as she tried to shake it off. Hailey approached her and offered a hand, but retracted it immediately as she recalled what happened today; she just stood there in front of her with a curious look in her eyes.

"Well?"

Katherine raised a brow, "Well, what?"

"Are you gonna sit there all evening?" Hailey crossed her arms.

Katherine clicked her tongue, "No, I'm not."

"Then get up, Katherine," Hailey commanded as she sighed.

Katherine did so and dusted herself, "What are you doing here?"

"Why are you even asking?" Hailey spat back.

Katherine furrowed her brows, "I was just-"

"No need," Hailey shook her head, "Just leave me be."

Katherine sighed, "Fine then."

With that, Katherine turned around and began to walk back; she could not understand why Hailey acted that way, but she can tell that it was her own fault. Clenching her fist, she tried her best not to turn around and apologise for it; it was not worth her breath.

As she got farther from her, she saw the orb fly past her once again, which made her jump two steps back; she looked around for it, but could not find it. Her eyes landed on Hailey, but she does not seem bothered by anything at all; it was as if her meditation brought her places.

"Did you see that?" Katherine queried as she approached her, "Did you see that white ball fly here?"

Hailey looked over her shoulder and examined the frantic look in her face; confusion ran around the corner of her eyes. She stood up and took a step towards her, sensing something wrong with her; she put a hand on her shoulder, then shook her head. She watched as Katherine's eyes grow wide in further disbelief.

"You're hallucinating, Katherine."

~

~

A/N: Hello! I'm just way excited for this book that I cannot stop typing! I don't know why, but I just want to give you guys something to read. Also, I just heard my friend (17 y.o) was pregnant last night and I am in total shock! Practice safe intercourse people ~_~ lols

Vote, Comment, and Follow if you haven't! (: Dedicated to Animeviewer because why the heck not? She's a really good supporter ^^ so a reward is a must :3 

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.8K 191 36
Who knew that teen wolfs dead pool isn't over! Jessica a normal teenage girl good friends with Lydia is now stuck between good and evil! What will ha...
95.2K 3.1K 83
"This is the story of Hazel..a tale I tell to others...a tale not many know of.. Such a loving child with her brother. So bright and full of life. Y...
296K 7.9K 42
She's troublesome. He lives for trouble. Both embedded with their own secrets and lies. A girl who's self-destruction leads her to a camp for delinqu...
104 1 19
Kendra Bane has just finished college and has returned home. To help her Dad with his business. When she gets home she realizes that wasn't the truth...