Whispers Under the Moonlight...

By bookie032

[Sequel to Scent of Blood]: "Books let us into their souls and lay open to us the secrets of our own." Born i... More

Grey Eyes
Concurrent
Repression
The Sun and Sky
A Ballad for the Moon
Talking to The Moon
Burden
Wisps
Room-schooled
Bad Air, Bad Vibes
Hunger Pangs
Enkindled
Numb Belligerence
Reparable
Precautions
Indecisions
Exordium
Shattered
Escape
Day of Souls
Silent Prophecy
Not Worth the Candle
Sliver of Grey
Tremble
Heart | Body
Fight the Sky
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 1]
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 2]
Lies in Her eyes
Knave turned Knight
Repentance Unforgiven
What Belonged to Her
Violinist's Doctor
Hopeless
At the End of a Long Escape
Hexed in Sleep
Of Spirits and Mortals [Part 3]
Love & Sacrifice
Whispers Under the Moonlight

Fiery Blue

11.6K 220 33
By bookie032

"For last year's words belong to last year's language, and next year's words await another voice, and to make an end is to make a beginning." – T.S. Eliot

The sun shined bright over the foot of the mountain as the breeze blew down on them; the birds chirped in the distance as much as they could hear the faint shout of falls nearby. In rows, teens stood in front in the centre of the quadrangle with eyes focused on the tall lady with fiery red eyes that slowly approached the podium.

A row of teachers greeted them in front; all of them from different clans and characters, but out of all of them, one stood out. The teens could smell her blood as much as she wore bright red jog pants and jacket with three black stripes; she was not one of them, which made most, but not all, of them wonder what she was doing them.

Whispers quietly erupted amongst the crowd that ranged from jests to jeers that merely raised the brows of the teachers in front; the one they spoke of in particular only gave a bright smile that did not speak of much of a threat.

Her presence caused a stir amongst the student, enough for the lady with fiery red eyes to notice. The microphone unleashed a loud hiss that nearly deafened the front row of students as they covered their ears for a moment before they returned their gaze to the vampire under the sun.

"I congratulate all of you," the red-eyed lady spoke with a slightly high pitched voice as she addressed the whole crowd, "I bid all of you a warm welcome to this fine institution," she continued, "I am your headmaster, Madame Hyde."

Get on with it, lady.

"I know that some of you are reluctant to attend this institution," Madame Hyde spoke as she looked at the crowd as though trying to stab them with her eyes, "But I assure you," she continued, "That all of you will admire this place."

The crowd remained silent as she had wanted it; she darted her eyes from end to end as though trying to discern if there were reluctant heartbeats in the crowd. She took a deep breath as she gave a small smile that the crowd found rather sinister than warm; she could already smell the fear among them which was what she wanted.

"Have a pleasant year at Faris Institution."

With that, a round of applause erupted and started from none other than the very person those teens found out of place – the human; she clapped loudly as her green eyes beamed with happiness as though sarcastic.

Finally, I want to sit down already.

Jesslyn mentally sighed as she kept her stance whilst eyeing her new students; slowly all of them dispersed into their respective buildings – first years, second years, third and fourth. She had class first thing in the morning and she was not looking forward to see the first years – the rookies.

She smiled at her colleagues and excused herself as she paced towards the gym; she can feel gusts of wind pass by her which told her that some teens have been using their powers – something that was against the school rules.

Turning to the quadrangle, she saw one of her colleagues press the button on the podium and immediately felt the effects; there were no more gusts of winds passing through her which told her that they have activated the barriers.

Try running now, vampies.

Jesslyn chuckled mentally as she proceeded to Harding gym where she could hear teens squealing inside the locker room; this gym was big – enough to fit at least a hundred soldiers for war. They built it especially for her as they entrusted her with five classes for two hours a day; the morning students would have the hardest time.

"Alright," she spoke as she took her clipboard that had a lot of names on it – two hundred to be precise, "Let's see the casualties," she chuckled to herself as she blew her whistle, "Everyone out, now!"

"Working hard?"

Jesslyn turned around, "Oh, hey Kathie."

"Hey, Jess," Katherine smiled at her as she stood in front of her, "It's been a while."

Jesslyn chuckled, "I know right," she smiled at her, "I know you missed me."

"You wish," Katherine giggled as the rest finally emerged from the locker room, "Looking forward to the first day of class, coach."

Jesslyn smirked, "You'll regret your words."

Blowing her whistle once more, the battalion of students stood in front of her where Katherine could only raise a brow at her statement; she merely smiled at her as she watched them fall in line, all standing and smirking as though to mock her.

"Alright people," Jesslyn shouted as she caught everyone's attention, where most of them were making fun of her, "I'm going to be your coach for this morning," she told them as she took a chair, "I want you to split yourselves between boys and girls."

"What about the gays?" A voice boomed from behind that sent the huge crowd into a short laugh, which was meant to be a jest to which Jesslyn merely smiled.

"You're choice of side," Jesslyn replied as she put the whistle between her lips, "Once you're done, I want you to stand within the white square lines."

Blowing her whistle for the third time, the crowd of teens slowly followed her instructions before they all turned to her and waited for what would happen next; Jesslyn sat on her metal stool and smiled at them.

"Now," Jesslyn spoke as she looked at them from end to the other, "Who can tell me how high a normal person can jump?"

None raised their hands as Jesslyn merely sighed and looked at them a disappointed look in her eyes; she pointed out to one from the boys – a young man with curly hair. He pointed at himself as if to ascertain that it was he who was chosen, but merely shrugged at the answer; another round of laughter came which was already more than a joke – it already sounded as a mock.

Katherine stood in the back, barely able to see Jesslyn amongst the sea of bodies in front of her; there were some beside her who were hardly paying attention even. She tried to get to the front as she wedged herself between a few people only to fall face down on the floor; a few giggled came around her she looked up to find them laughing at her.

Her face went red from embarrassment as a hand fell into her view; she took it without question and got up to face a pair of dark amber eyes that nearly looked orange to her. She smiled at her as her eyes slowly found itself staring at her fiery blue hair that looked like the ocean only brighter.

"You alright?" her dark amber eyes stared at her.

Katherine nodded, "Y-yeah, thanks."

"No problem," she smiled as she disappeared into the sea of bodies. Katherine stood there amazed by the colour of her hair and the unusual colour of her eyes; her head tilted to the side in befuddlement before she returned to her previous objective – to be in the front to see Jesslyn.

As she made her way to the front, the ground suddenly shook uncontrollably that almost made her lose her balance once again; she tried to keep herself straight as the tremors continued which made the girls scream around her that nearly made her deaf. She covered her ears as the tremors eventually subsided.

"What was that?" the girl beside her questioned which made her ask herself the same question; she made her way to the front where she was able to see Jesslyn properly. Her legs kept on walking until she felt someone hold her shirt from behind that made her lose balance; she stopped mid-step and fell onto her bum which made her eyes widen at what she saw.

"What the heck?"

"We're trapped!"

"What is this? A joke?"

Jesslyn smiled at them and found their responses quiet amusing. So, who's laughing now? She thought as she removed the whistle in between her lips and stood up, then clapped her hands to catch their attention; everyone turned to her with confusion written across their faces as much as some had fear.

"So," Jesslyn spoke, "Can anyone tell me now how high can an average person jump?"

"You're insane!" one person from the boys shouted out loud, "How are we supposed to know?"

"Jump," Jesslyn stated simply as she pointed to the deep abyss that surround both square floors that held them, "Jump and tell me how high."

"Are you serious?" Another person queried, but now it came from the girls, "The jump is like sixty feet away!"

"Well, well," Jeslyn cocked her head to the side, "Aren't you all Non-Mortals?" she queried as most of them nodded, "So, this jump should be a piece of cake to all of you," she continued, "Am I right?"

Whispers broke out in the crowd as Jesslyn observed their reactions; her eyes caught a glimpse of Katherine that nearly made her chuckle at her. She saw her almost fall into the eighty foot drop that she had to dig herself; well not really. Her eyes examined most of them and saw the reluctance in their eyes, which made her roll her eyes at them mentally.

"So much for being Non-Mortals," Jesslyn sighed as she sat back down into her chair, "I though all of you are so powerful," she spoke out loud, enough for everyone to hear, "But I guess all of you aren't that special."

Five minutes went and none dared to jump; Jesslyn was already fanning herself out from boredom as she waited for the first brave soul to jump. It was not a simple test, but it was what separated the weak from the strong; she was good at what she does and knew every weakness there was in them.

"I need the bathroom," one girl whined out loud as Jesslyn turned to her, "Can I go?"

"Sure," Jesslyn nodded with a smile which raised the hope of the young teen, "Just cross the eighty foot drop and you can use the bathroom."

"Eighty feet?!"

"Is she for real?"

"She can't be serious!"

"This is torture!"

Katherine heard their whines and found them a little childish; she believed that this was Jesslyn's way to discipline them for the lack of respect. However, she did not expect her to be part of it as she peered into the darkness below; she could not see the floor as she saw a bead of her sweat drop down into nothing.

"We have to suffer two hours of this?" one person hissed as Katherine turned and saw the person with blonde hair spoke; her hand was fanning herself as the heat of the morning fell upon them. "I really have to go!"

Katherine turned to Jesslyn, who looked like she would not spare any prisoners; she looked at the drop and felt her spine quiver as the draft it gave as much as it echoed their words. She wanted to take the jump, but she needed a running start; it was an impossible jump, but her curiosity got the best of her.

What lie beyond the darkness?

"Alright," Jesslyn spoke her frustration, "I'm going to start calling names because all of you are a bunch of cowards," she continued as she got up and walked over to the boys side, "Men first," she announced as she looked through her clip board for a possible suspect, "Let's see if you have balls."

Katherine watched Jesslyn intently wondering what she had in mind for them, the sixty feet jump would be just a piece of cake to all Non-Mortals – except for the Faeries and the Mages perhaps; she swallowed the lump in her throat as Jesslyn raised her green eyes from her clipboard with a smile on her lips.

"Ace Peterson," Jesslyn called out to the crowd of men, "Step up and take the leap."

The crowd of boys made way for a lanky young man with square frames on his eyes; he was quite short for his own age that Jesslyn was starting to wonder if he was even capable of handling the hardships of this institution. She checked her clip board and saw that that yanky lad was a wolf.

"Alright," Jesslyn spoke, "Take a leap now."

"W-What i-if I can't?" Ace gulped as he stuttered.

"Then use your powers for goodness sake," Jesslyn let out her frustration, "Just because we activated the barrier in the halls doesn't mean it covers the whole school."

"We can use our powers?"

"Why do I feel like I can't?"

"She should have said that in the first place!"

Jesslyn blew her whistle to silence the crowd; she can feel their determinations to jump already shoot up to the fifthy foot high roof. She looked at Ace and smiled as she watched the young man took deep breaths and was given way for a running start; he started running and gained moment, and as his feet reached the edge he jump.

The crowd was amazed by how far he had jumped; smiles across their faces as much as their irises bore hope in them. Jesslyn could feel their determination rise as a smirk played on her lips as she watched their smiles disappear as Ace Peterson failed to make the jump; his scream echoed from one end of the pit to the other which further instilled fear into the hearts of the many.

"Holy heck!"

"Is he dead?!"

"She's trying to kill us!"

Chuckling, Jesslyn looked at their faces and only found a glimpse of despair across them; she shook her head in disappointment as she heard low growls and hisses come from the crowd of young men. Some of the women have also growled and hissed at her, but she merely ignored them.

"I guess I lied," Jesslyn said simply, "Now for the next jumper," she sighed and checked her clip board, "Let's have Samuel Leonards, a vampire."

Jesslyn raised her eyes from her clip board and saw a well-built teen approach the edge, who she assumed was the one who bore the name she called just now. She smiled at him as she saw beads of sweat trickle down his temples as though he would wet himself; she placed her whistle between her lips as she waited for the man to jump.

"Can't you make it a bit easier?" Samuels bargained as Jesslyn looked at him straight in the eye, "Please?"

"Polite, I like you already," Jesslyn chuckled as she snapped her fingers; a loud whirring sound erupted as two horizontal bars descended from the roof that were ten feet away from the start and the end for both squares, "There that should be easier now," Jesslyn spoke, "Ten feet bars for you to grab on and swing to the other end."

"Can he do it?"

"What about the other guy?"

"This is unfair!"

Whistling once more, Jesslyn silenced their futile whispers as she nodded at Samuels to take the leap; the boy swallowed the lump of saliva he had as he took another running start. Katherine watched in amazement as the well-built teen managed to grab the bar set twenty feet away; she wondered if she can do the same for their bar.

"Very good," Jesslyn clapped her hand, "Now to the next bar."

Sweat dripping, Katherine watched as Samuels try to gain momentum, but his arms were not as bulky as his body was; she knew that if you stay long enough on that bar with even trying to gain momentum, your arms would only gain more fatigue which would lead to your fall – in this case, your death.

Half minute passed as Samuels tried to keep his grip firm on the bar, but his fingers were slowly slipping where his left hand accidentally let go; the crowd gasped as they watched him struggle. Their heartbeats were running at in impeccable pace with anxiety and at the same time fear; this was what Jesslyn had anticipated for.

Slowly, his fingers came undone and Samuels screamed a long 'no' that echoed from one end of the pit to the other and eventually none could hear his scream. There was no loud thud, no sound from how he had died where only the darkness swallowed them up which further raised the fear in the crowds hearts as Jesslyn made her way to girls; she smiled at their group as she saw a majority swallow their spit.

"Alright, ladies now," Jesslyn announced as she looked at the clip board, "I hope you have more balls than the men," she chuckled to herself which only gained her hisses and growls, "Let's give a round of applause to Jasmine Carlton."

The crowd of girls whispered amongst themselves looking for the girl and eventually saw a tall woman with red hair with huge bosom approach the edge, who Jesslyn assumed was the jumper; she checked her clip board and it was indeed her with the blood of a Morphling. She smiled at her as the women also made way for her to make a running start.

"Show the men who has the balls," Jesslyn chuckled as she watched her intently, "Unless you want to show them who has the tits in the business."

None found her jest funny as Jasmine made a running start; unlike the other two she managed to get past the first bar and land caught the second one. She hung there for half a minute to catch her breath as though thinking of how to get to the end; everyone was stunned by her accomplishment and found hope once again.

"She's going to do it!"

"Morphlings are awesome!"

"I can't believe she's gonna make it!"

Anxiety booming, Katherine watched as Jasmine made the last jump; everyone was on the tip of their toes as she cheered for her to reach the end. She saw Jesslyn put a smirk on her face as though she was amazed that they girls outdid the guys; Katherine was astounded beyond words as they saw Jasmine almost get to the end, but she fell short as her body hit the sharp edge, trying hard not to fall.

"I commend you for trying," Jesslyn spoke as she approached the struggling teen, who was trying her hardest to get onto the ledge, "But you fell short of the last jump," she spoke as Jasmine's leg made a wrong climb and slipped onto the wall, into the pit of doom, "Now onto the next."

How can that happen? Katherine wondered as she examined the gloom on everyone's faces; she sat away from the edge as she watched Jesslyn look at her clip board whilst she garnered hisses, growls and shouts of profanities from the men. Her own crowd was lost for words that some of them already decided to just sit out the remaining hour and half.

"Alright," Jesslyn spoke as she raised her eyes from the clip board, "Hailey Shepard, it's your turn."

Looking away from Jesslyn, Katherine searched the crowds for the next soul who will never return from this earth; seconds flew and none stood up which made Jesslyn call her name again. She must be so scared, Katherine thought as she wiped the sweat on her forehead.

"Not coming up?" Jesslyn queried as she turned to her clip board, "Then, let's get another," she spoke casually then raised her eyes from the clip board, "Can I have Katherine Wilson, please?"

Taking a big gulp, Katherine felt her pulse shoot up to the roof as she quivered at the sound of her name; slowly, she got up as she faced Jesslyn, who has a warm smile on her face. She took another gulp as people made way for her as she approached the run way with the direct path to the bar; she looked at it with fear as though it was the only thing that would keep her alive.

"Ready?" Jesslyn shouted and Katherine reluctantly nodded; she watched as her friend took deep solemn breaths that nearly made her chuckle, but did not. Standing at the other end of the pit, she was directly in front of her as she watched her try to do some warm ups before she did the run. "I don't have all day, Miss Wilson."

Shaking her head vigorously, Katherine prepared to run; her legs felt heavy and her breathing grew ragged. She could not understand how she will make the jump, but she had to try; closer and closer, she got nearer to the edge and her mind panicked, which made her slip and fall into the pit.

"Gotcha!" a voice shouted as Katherine turned to it; her eyes were glued to the dark pit before her. She looked up and found the same dark amber eyes looking down at her as her heartbeat rose up; she knew not if it was the adrenaline or the anxiety, but shot up like a rocket. "Pull yourself up."

Katherine nodded as she tried to get up, but her hand slipped which made this beautiful fiery blue haired teen to take her other hand and pull her up effortlessly. Despite her small frame, she was able to pull Katherine up with such ease that made her wonder what kind of Non-Mortal she was.

"You took my place," she spoke huskily in a near whisper, certain that only Katherine heard it, "And fell for me, nice."

That was a pun, right?

Heartbeat rising, Katherine met her indifferent dark amber eyes with a smile plastered across her lips; she merely looked at Jesslyn to hide the rise in her pulse. The green eyed coach had her whistle between her lips as though she was waiting for another roar from the whole gymnasium; thankfully, none occurred.

"Miss Shepard," Jesslyn spoke as Katherine looked at this person an inch shorter than her, "Care to take your place?"

"It's Hailey," she replied as she walked back to the end of the runway, "If I make the jump," she spoke out loud for most of them to hear, "Do I get the rest of the hour off?"

"Then I have high hopes for you," Jesslyn nodded as she watched the fiery blue haired teen take position as though she was a professional Olympian; one foot behind the other, she bent on all fours as she stared at Jesslyn as though waiting for a signal. "Well, what are you waiting for?"

Blowing into her whistle, Jesslyn watched as the young teen rushed towards the bar as though it was a target – an enemy that needed to be dispatched; there was a certain look in her eye that made her see Athena in her. There was a fire in her eyes that made her feel a little nostalgic at the training she had gone through with her best friend and sister; it nearly made her smile as she watched the fiery blue haired teen run.

Katherine watched with anticipation as she saw Hailey leap off the edge and caught onto the bar and took one full circuit on the bar; it made her eyes widen as Hailey spun another and caught the bar with her feet, hanging on it with her knees as she climbed onto it before her shirt could even reveal something that does not need to be seen.

Impressive, Katherine thought as much as Jesslyn did. All eyes were on her as the boys stood up from their seats in anticipation; their eyes were locked on her with dirt on their mind as much as the next teen, but Jesslyn was quick to silence their incessant hollering with a blow on her whistle.

"The next bar, Hailey," Jesslyn spoke as she watched her with much hope that she will pass the bridge, "If you cross this jump," Jesslyn met her eyes that nearly reminded her another friend she missed, "I'll let you chose someone to save from my class and join you on the hour off."

Hailey nodded, "Fair trade."

She won't be able to make it, won't she?

Sweat trickled down the sides of Hailey's temples as she gripped both sides of the rubber that kept the bar in air; she looked up and realised that they could be moved which made her smirk at Jesslyn, who looked as though she had approved of her.

Taking deep breaths, Hailey slowed down her heartbeat as the adrenaline pumped much to her head; as she calmed down she began swinging the rubber that would not budge at first, but after she forced it, they finally moved slowly. She tried to gain momentum as it got nearer to the other bar; it made her feel like she on a swing set, but this time, she was standing.

After a minute of momentum, Hailey took a deep breath and leapt to the other bar and reached it with a full circuit once more; like she did to the previous one, she climbed onto the bar, but realised that this one could not be swung. Jesslyn had a smirk on her lips that made her realise that they had planned this all along.

Realising the situation, she dropped back onto the bar and hung there as she crossed her legs behind then started to gain momentum; from the look on Jesslyn's face, she was certain that she was impressed with her decision. She kept swinging as she kept reach half circuits until she finally let go on the third rebound.

Katherine was on her toes as she watched her make the jump; her heartbeat palpitated against her ears, anxiety got the best of her as much as she can sense a hint of worry in her heart. Why she was, she knew not; she only felt a little grateful, hopeful even that someone can make this jump.

"Well done," Jesslyn congratulated Hailey as the room broke into applause and cheers, "You've got guts, kid," she chuckled as she turned to the rest of the room, "Now you may choose your companion for the rest of the hour."

"Me! Choose me!"

"I'll treat you to lunch!"

"I'll be your boyfriend!"

"I'll be your best friend!"

"I pay you!"

Blowing her whistle for who knows how many, Jesslyn silenced the crowd as she glared at them; most of them shrugged her eyes of, but some felt its intensity. She turned to Hailey and looked at the young teen, whose dark amber eyes truly brought nostalgia to her; she gestured for the crowd as she returned her eyes to the girl's square and saw Katherine's retreating back.

"Wilson was it?" Hailey spoke as she turned to Jesslyn, who raised a brow at her, "The one who almost fell into the pit," she explained, "I want her."

A round of whines and groans erupted which made Jesslyn blow her whistle again, which made a vein pop on her forehead; she was nearly irritated with the lot of them as she turned to the girl's square. Some of them have already returned to their seats as much as some just gave up.

"Katherine Wilson," Jesslyn called out, "You're free to go."

Katherine turned around and raised a brow; she was uncertain why of all the people she was chosen. She was unable to even take a leap and yet Hailey chose her; it made her question her poor choice in people.

The bars lowered and Katherine stood in line with them; from where she stood a retracted platform emerged from underneath her feet that connected to the bars in front of her. She watched in amazement as it made a bridge for her to cross; she placed a foot onto it and felt a little bit afraid of falling. It was merely a thin bridge that can fit exactly a pair of feet.

Taking slow steps, she tried not fall into the pit as she made her way towards the first bar; she can hear her heartbeat palpitate as much as it echoed in her ears. She looked straight hoping not to let her fear take over her; she made her it half way and as she did she could feel the small bridge vibrate under her.

"Move!" she heard from behind that made her turn; it was the blonde teen from before. She came at her running and knocked her over the thin bridge; in one fell swoop, she grabbed onto the bar that was already retracting the bridge.

"Kathie!" Jesslyn shouted as she dropped her clip board and ran to the edge, but saw the blonde teen stuck on the second bar – the one nearest to the edge; she pointed to her in vex as he eyes seethed with rage and disappointment. "Don't you fucking move."

Her grip was not strong; the sweat on her palms made it worse. She was slowly losing grip on the bar; she tried to grab the bar with her other arm, but her flailing was not helping. All eyes were on her as Jesslyn tried to get the rope; before she could even turn around, she felt a whiff of air zoom past her as she saw the blue haired teen dive into the pit.

"Shepard!" Jesslyn shouted as she watched the teen make the bar Katherine was on; it amazed her that she was able to make, which made her question if the barrier was off. She had no time to wonder as she ran to get the rope, but before she could even return to the edge, she saw two of her students fall into the pit.

Shit.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Wake up.

A voice called out to her in the darkness; she felt herself afloat as she tried to move her arms, but could not. Her eyelids slowly slid up as the sun greeted her; a blurred finger blocked the direct sun upon her as she noticed the blue hue of her hair.

"Helloooooo?" the figure called as she tried to straighten her vision, "Are you awake yet?"

Bolting up, Katherine looked around and met those pair of dark amber eyes again with a curious look on her indifferent eyes; she touched her forehead as though trying to recall what happened and finally it dawned on her. They fell into the eighty feet pit, which could only mean one thing.

"Am I," Katherine spoke as she looked at her companion, "Are we dead?"

Her companion shook her head, "Nope, we're totally alive."

"Where are we?" Katherine queried as she looked around and saw red all around her as much as it blended with other colours; there she sat in a field of roses and other assortment of flora. She tried to get up and examine her surroundings; there was nothing but grassland around her that was surrounded by trees and nothing more.

Hailey stood up, "I think we're in an open field."

"No kidding," Katherine replied as she looked around, hoping to find civilisation, "How long have we been here?"

Hailey held two fingers up, which made Katherine's eyes grow wide; her mouth almost fell open as she tried to understand how she could have slept for two days. She palmed her face as she tried to calm herself down; she did not know how to survive in the wilderness alone. She was too used to a house than the wild.

"Twenty minutes," Hailey spoke as she watched the blonde look at her, "We've been here for twenty minutes now," she explained which made the tall one sigh in relief, "You were mumbling in your sleep," she spoke her mind which made those grey eyes turn to her, "It was cute."

Katherine looked away in embarrassment, "Y-you didn't need to know that."

"Too bad," Hailey smirked, "I already do."

Katherine cleared her throat as red crossed her face, "That aside, how are we going to get back?"

"I don't know," Hailey replied as she gave an innocent shrug, "This is better than that uber hot gym, in my opinion," she continued as a soft breeze blew over them, "Besides, this place looks beautiful."

Watching her, Katherine took a quick sniff and noticed what she was; it was not what she expected from the display of physical strength she portrayed earlier on. She had hoped that she would also be a wolf – someone that can show her the ropes to being a one.

Hailey stretched her arms out as she walked through the field of flowers; she felt as though she was flying as the wind blew at her. It was a refreshing feeling as she turned around and smiled at her companion; she looked at her standing figure that made her giggle as though there was something wrong with her.

In truth, Katherine was in awe of her; she looked beautiful with her hair flowing with the wind as much as her dark amber eyes complimented the field of flora. Hearing her giggle, it somehow made her heartbeat rise as though there was adrenaline pumping into her system; she could not understand it at all as she tried to approach her.

Taking a step, her eyes darted to her left as she noticed an unfamiliar scent approach; she stared at the incoming figure intently, as she felt the urge to protect – the need to fight. The figure wore a trucker cap and wore light blue overalls that made her wonder, why would such a person be here; it would seem that even he cannot hear them.

Looking up from the dirt, the two of them met the man's dark blue eyes and raised brow that made them wonder who he was; he stopped just before he crossed a row of tulips and just stared at them. Katherine slowly made her way to Hailey as though she had a bad feeling that something wrong might happen; she made sure to stand near her just in case danger greeted them.

"Who are you?"

~

~

A/N: Welcome (: I'm glad to say that all of you were able finish Scent of Blood and now you will venture into another book with me; I thank you guys for supporting me in SoB and hope that you would support me in this one too~ Make as much ships as you want xD 

As usual, please Vote, Comment, and Follow if you haven't yet (: Thank you for supporting me (:

Dedicated to Anime_and_Kid, because for one, I REALLY thought about your reward, but I don't know where you live and hiring shitty detectives are not my deal; so, this would suffice xD lols

~

~

©bookie032 2015

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 29.5K 30
"What are you doing here?" I ask, feeling annoyed. He smirks and says, "I know your secret." "What secret?" I ask innocently. "You're Killer Kat. I...
71.6K 2.4K 57
"Do you normally make-out with the people you're hired to kill? It doesn't strike me as very professional." "Put the gun down," Gabriel panted, not...
97 24 13
Hey Yall! This is my first ever story in a public platform, so please bare with me.... It knows your secrets, and it will use them against you. It w...
2.4K 236 24
Highest Ranking #7 in What's Hot in Adventure (on 13/08/2016).... The Amazing Cover by - @ForeverFic ... Everyone has secrets. Katherine Owen, a si...