Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
I'll Never Be The Same
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I Am For You
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
Running Wild and Running Free
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
A Deal With God
I Won't Go Down Without A Fight
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

A Heavy Choice To Make

2.5K 45 1
By saraj2117

"Thank you, yes of course, see you then." She said before she hung up the phone.

"Who was that?" Oliver asked as he came from her office.

"Your mother." His brow furrowed.

"What did she want?" He questioned.

"For us to come to dinner." He rolled his eyes. "She's trying Oliver." He scrubbed a hand over his face.

"I know," he exclaimed.

"Oliver, I know you're still mad at her. You have every right to be and I know you'd rather spend your evening anywhere else but with your mother but Thea's going to be there. Think of your sister. She can feel the tension between you two and it's not going to be long until she realizes something's up."

"So what you're saying is that we're going?" She smiles softly.

"Yes. What kind of wife would I be if I didn't try to get along with my mother-in-law?" Oliver's face brightened. "What?"

"That's the first time you called yourself my wife." He came around the desk and pulled her from her chair, wrapping his arms around her. "I like it." She huffed in laughter and shook her head. "Well since it's you asking....I'll do it. Wife." She placed a chaste kiss on his lips and hugged him tighter.

"Alright then, dinner's at five." She shooed him away from her desk. "I've got work to do."

They finished work early and since they had driven to work that day took their own car to the mansion giving Diggle a break. Oliver took her hand to her hand to help her out of the car.

"Where's your band?" He asked a hit of concern in his voice. She pulled a chain from her blouse where her wedding band dangled and showed it to him.

"Your sister already caught us, I don't need your Mom catching on too." He scowled. "What?"

"I hate living with so many secrets."

"You've always lived with a lot of secrets. What's changed?"

"That was before you. Now...I.. now I just want to live as normal a life as possible."

"So what are you saying? You want to tell your Mom?"

"With the media digging into our lives with the campaign, it would be a good idea. I may have paid to keep our ceremony quiet but if there's one thing I've learned everything comes out eventually and usually at the worst times."

"Did John tell you that?"

"No. Why?"

"That's what he told me....when I didn't want to tell you about what happened that night."

He gave her a small smile. "Exactly." She sighed deeply.

"Well seeing as you don't have your ring with you tonight we'll just have to tell her another time," she said with feigned disappointment. Oliver dug into his pocket and pulled out his wedding band, his face smug. Her mouth dropped open. "Really Oliver?"

He slipped it on his finger."I don't like not wearing it. There was this woman flirting with me in the office the other day and all I wanted to do was slip it on."

"So what? You carry it in your pocket waiting to whip it out anytime another woman flirts with you?"

"Yep." Her jaw went slack.

"Tell me you're not serious."

"Dead."

She smacked him on the arm. "If I woman flirts with you then you better not need a ring to send her packing."

"Oh I didn't want to send this one packing. She was this cute little blonde wearing bright lipstick and had killer legs." She tilted her head and pressed her lips together trying not to laugh.

"Really? This blonde have a name?"

"Meghan... I think. But I can't be sure...my mind was on other things."

"I bet." He sent her a flirtatious wink. "Alright Prince not-so-charming, stop stalling." He stared at her out of the corner of his eye. "You didn't think I noticed that?"

"I was hoping you didn't."

"Good try but no."

She started walking towards the massive wood front door. She put her hands on her hips and stared at it for a moment.

"What is it?" he asked coming up beside her.

"Every time I come to this house something bad happens." He took her hand in his and gave it a squeeze. She took a deep breath. "Here's to hoping tonight is the exception." She put her head on the doorknob.

"Hold up." She paused.

"What?"

"You didn't think I'd notice?" She grimaced.

"I was hoping you didn't," she repeated his line from earlier. He took the chain from her neck and slipped the ring off it and onto her finger.

"Nice try," he said as he placed a kiss on her cheek. He opened the front door. She sighed. Here goes nothing. "Mom?" Oliver called out as they came into the foyer. Moira appeared in the doorway leading to the parlor.

"I'm so glad you could make it. Unfortunately someone stopped by to speak about the campaign. I hope it's all right if we push dinner back a little. "

Felicity looked to Oliver who had remained silent. "Of course, it's fine. Is Thea here yet?"

"She was running a little late, something about a shipment not coming on time." She nodded starting to feel a little uncomfortable. "Why don't you join us in the parlor. We'll chat until she get's here."

"Sure," she trailed off as Moira left the room.

"Oliver are you going to be a stone statue all night?"

"No, just while I'm here."

"You are so stubborn." She grabbed his hand and dragged him into the parlor where Moira stood waiting, there was a man sitting on the sofa his back facing them.

"Oliver, Felicity, I'd like you to meet Slade Wilson." The man stood and turned to face them. "Mr. Wilson this is my son and his fiance." Oliver stiffened beside her and his hand was practically crushing hers. Something was wrong. She looked at the man, his right eye was covered with a patch and he was built like John. Probably ex military. Did Oliver know him?

The man stepped forward and reached for his hand and held it firmly. "It's nice to meet you... Mr. Queen," his gravely and heavily accented voice echoed in the large room.
He turned to her. "Felicity was it?" She glanced at Oliver before answering.

"Yes," she answered hesitantly. Mr. Wilson reached for her hand but a quiet growl tore from Oliver's throat stopping him in his tracks.

"What are you doing here?" He seethed.

Moira glanced up from a folder. "Mr. Wilson just made a sizable contribution to my campaign," she said while strolling over to them.

"How generous of him," Oliver replied darkly.

"Well I felt compelled, it was the least I could do for your Mother and what this city needs is a Pro-Business Mayor like Moira." His eye drifted back to her. "But enough business talk. "I'd like to know more about...." he trailed off glancing at her stomach. "The Queen family, which seems to be growing." She just stared at him with her heart pounding with the increasing feeling that something was not right with this man.

"Yes, we're quite excited. I still feel too young to be a grandmother," said Moira gesturing for them to take a seat on the sofa.

"You know Mom, Felicity hasn't felt well today so I think we're going to take a rain check on dinner. ..but I would be interested in speaking with Mr. Wilson another time privately...about the campaign." Oliver's jaw was clenched and a vein was popping out of his neck.

"Oh, is everything alright?" Moira asked concerned. She went with Oliver's excuse.

"Yes, I've just been a little dizzy, it's common around this time. I just need to lie down." She said her voice never wavering.

"Why don't you lie down here? Oliver's room hasn't changed and maybe you'll feel up to dinner after you rest."

"Good idea," Oliver exclaimed as he started to drag her from the room and up the stairs and into his room.

"Oliver who is that man?" He closed his eyes for a moment and clenched his fist.

"Another demon from my past." He took hold of her arms. "I need you do call Sara. Tell her Slade is back. She'll understand." She nodded swiftly. He grabbed her chin and gave her a kiss. "I need you to stay here. Do not open the door for anyone but me or John." He squeezed her hand, his eyes blazing. "I love you." Her brows knit in confusion. He was acting as if he was leaving her.

"Oliver..I love you too," she whispered and then he was gone locking the door behind him and leaving her wondering if the other shoe was finally fixing to drop. She should have known.

There's always calm before the storm.

>>------->

He rushed down the hall in urgency to get back to his Mother. He was in shock.

Slade Wilson was alive. He had killed him. Or so he'd thought.

He'd seen the way Slade stared at Felicity and his gut had boiled to the point he thought he'd start a fight right there. But Felicity standing next to him, her hand squeezing his hard had stopped him. He needed to be rational, calculative. His whole family was now at risk.

They were talking business when he returned to the room. Slade turned to him.

"Everything all right Mr. Queen? You looked a little piqued."

"I'm fine, thank you," he said tightly. He could feel his Mother's stare burning into him, no doubt wondering why he was being rude to their guest.

"Is Felicity all right?" His mother asked.

"She's fine." A maid entered the room with a drink cart.

"Ahh thank you dear," his mother said to the woman before turning to him. "Olive,r Mr. Wilson was kind enough to bring a bottle of authentic Australian rum. Will you join us in a drink?" He stared at the bottle, memories resurfacing from the island.

"Of course."

"Wonderful," Slade exclaimed as he started pouring the brown liquid into the provided glasses.

"What shall we drink too?" His mother asked. Slade glanced at him.

"To Felicity, and the health of the new Queen she's carrying." He could see a threat and he would eliminate it soon. Whatever it took. Slade lifted his glass and his mother did the same. He felt his fingers pressing to the glass tightly he was holding, if he didn't loosen them it would soon shatter. He took a drink, letting the amber liquid burn down his throat, just like his anger.

"Delicious," she said after she put her glass down. Slade turned to to look at a model boat.

"Does your family spend much time on the water?"

"No, not since my late husband," his mother replied. He set his glass down on the cart and turned to look at him.

Slade returned to the sofa. "I'm sorry Moira." She nodded sadly as she sat down next to him.

"Are you married Mr. Wilson? Any children?"

"Sadly neither," he replied.

"Well you must have someone special in your life."

"There was, but she passed a few years ago," Slade turned to look at him. He was speaking of Shado.

"My mother and I have had to deal with a lot of loss, unfortunately...and eventually we learned that you just have to move on." Slade smiled.

"Is that what you've done? By marrying Felicity?" His fist clenched and his mother stared at him. Slade gestured to his hand. "I couldn't help but notice the rings you both wore. Being ex-military I was trained to notice things...and remember them. Old habits die hard."

His mother's mouth had gone slack but she soon recovered being the woman she was and turned to Slade. "We are very thankful for Felicity joining the family."

"So you knew?" He asked with a gleam in his eye.

"Of course," his mother answered without missing a beat. "It was a private affair, family only. No press. We've had enough of that."

"I can imagine," he replied as he rose from the couch, his stare moving to a painting on the wall. "I've heard the Queens have an affinity with the fine arts."

"Yes, my husband amassed quite the collection," she replied her questioning eyes moving to his behind Slade's back.

"I'd love to see them." He jumps from the couch. This visit has lasted long enough. He wasn't playing these games.

"Maybe another time." He turned to his mother. "We have family matters to discuss," he said firmly, his eyes pleading with her to go along."

"My son is quite right Mr. Wilson, I don't wish to be rude."

"No, it's quite alright, I understand."

"Mom?" Thea's voice called through the room. His heart started pounding in his chest. He had forgotten she was supposed to be coming. She strolled into the room.

"Thea we have a guest, this is Mr. Wilson, Slade, this is my daughter Thea," his mother stated. Slade stepped forward and took Thea's hand.

"It's a pleasure to meet you. I've heard such wonderful things from your Mother."

"About me?" She chuckled.

He stepped forward. "Thea Felicity wasn't feeling well. Why don't you go check on her? She's in my room." Thea turned surprised eyes on him at his demanding tone. "Please. You know how she doesn't like to be fussed over, she'll talk to you." She nodded in understanding.

"It was nice to meet you Mr. Wilson," she said as she excited the room leaving him with a little more oxygen in his lungs knowing his sister and wife were safe...for the moment.

Moira began to walk in the direction of the foyer, Slade trailing behind. "Thank you again, for allowing me to barge into your home. I had a wonderful time chatting with you," he turned to Oliver "And meeting your family.

"As did I. We'll have to do it again soon," his mother answered. Like hell.

"It's a promise," Slade remarked. Just then Roy came through the front door. He sighed in relief but the tension in his shoulder blades didn't lessen.

"Roy, what are you doing here," Moira asked.

"Uh, Thea asked me to join you for dinner." He covered quickly and nodded to him before turning to Slade. "I'm Roy Harper."

Slade strode forward arm extended. "Slade Wilson." Roy squeezed his hand. "That's a particularly firm handshake you have there, son." Roy smiled.

"Yeah, you too."

Sara appeared at the top of the stairs knife in head. He shook his head at her and she sheaved her weapon. "Ollie, there you are." Slade's head whipped around at the sound of her familiar voice.

"Sara, I didn't hear you come in," Moira remarked.

"Felicity called, needed something from her house. I came by to drop if off." Sara came to stand by his side.

"Slade this is Sara Lance, she's a family friend."

"Of course, you're the girl who came back from the dead, you were very lucky," he exclaimed carefully.

"We're just glad to have her back," Moira replied.

He stared at Slade, his anger clearly evident on his face. "So...what would you like to do now," he paused at the name. "Mr. Wilson." Slade's gazed moved to Sara who stared at him hard then to Roy who's fist was clenched. He turned back to him with a smile.

"I can see you have family matters to deal with, I should be going. I look forward to seeing more of you Moira and your lovely family," he said as he strode to the door alongside his mother.

"Digg's got a shot lined up outside," Sara whispered to him.

"Mr. Wilson!" He called. "May I walk you to your car?"

They walked quickly out the door and down the drive. He connected it all just then. "Cyrus Gold, the men in the skull mask, all of this was you"

"Well I do have my allies, just as you have yours. John Diggle for example." This stopped him in his tracks. "I suppose you're wondering why he hasn't taken his head shot yet." His whole body tensed ready to spring. "Don't worry, he still alive- for now."
He moved to climb in his car.

"Slade! What do you want?" He demanded. Slade scoffs and climbs in his car and rolls down the window.

"Five years ago I made you a promise, well I'm here to fulfill it." He stared at him for a moment. "Congrats on your marriage, enjoy it—while you can." He revved the engine. "See ya around kid." Then he sped off leaving him standing in the driveway with a weight on his chest and the terrible foreboding that Slade would make good on his word.
He wasn't going to let that happen.

If it was the last thing he did.

>>------->

"Are you sure you're okay?" Thea asked again.

"I'm fine Thea, I promise." She assured her for the fifth time in the last ten minutes. She laid back on the bed, stalling so that Thea would stay with her until Oliver came for them.

"It was just a dizzy spell, happens all the time." Thea opened her mouth. "Yes its normal. Even the doctor said so."

"Speaking of Doctors, when are you going to find out what you're having?"

"I'm sixteen weeks now so its about time but....I'm not sure if I want to know."

"You want to be surprised? Why? That takes all the fun out of shopping, you can't paint the baby's room and you can't really be prepared."

"I have a feeling with you as my sister in law that I'll be prepared no matter what." Thea beamed.

"You got that right, I'm going to spoil that baby rotten."

"Just not too rotten, I still have to live with it for eighteen years," Felicity laughed.

"You're no fun," Thea says in mock exasperation.

"That's what Oliver tells me." They both started chuckling then until a knock on the door interrupted them. Her head whipped around until she heard Oliver's voice on the other side. She moved quickly to open the door. When she did Oliver's eyes moved over her body, assessing to make sure she was really safe and standing in front of him. She stayed silent.

"Thea, Roy's downstairs, Mom can't make idle chit chat for long, maybe you should head down." Thea glanced at them and moved towards the door. "We'll be down in a minute." Once she left Oliver closed and locked the door behind her.

"What happened?" She asked as he started pacing the room.

"Slade Wilson." He stopped and faced her. "He was with me on the Island. I thought that...." He hesitated until she urged him to go on. "I thought I had killed him. I was the reason the woman he loved died and after that he made me a promise, that he was going to take everything I held most precious away from me."

"And now he's back," she said slowly.

"You have to go, leave Starling City, I'll contact Amanda..."

"Oliver no."

"She can give you a new name, he won't be able to find you," he said as he started to pace. "I need you safe, you have to stay away from me..."

"Oliver stop it!" She yelled and he stopped moving. "Don't ask me to do that. I can't abandon you anymore than I can fall out of love with you. So don't you dare ask me to leave, because there nothing you can do to make me."

"Felicity I-" He started as he moved towards her.

"No. I love you and I'm not going anywhere, you've always been there for me when I needed you, so let me do the same for you." She held his face in her hands, begging his eyes to meet hers. "We're partners, remember? And we made a vow... till death do we part. That's the only time I'm ever going to leave you."

"I can't lose you Felicity."

"You won't...I promise. We're going to figure this out...like we do everything else..."

"Together?"

"Together," she confirmed.

>------>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164 17 2
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) Felicity should be dead. Fortunately, the assassins after her are bad at their jobs. Another way Oliver and Felicity could...
2.1K 75 6
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) Felicity's night goes from bad to worse when a certain vigilante breaks into her car. But it doesn't take long for it to go...
53.4K 1.4K 79
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) When Oliver Queen and the Vigilante need help, they go to the best IT specialist in Starling City. She just doesn't know th...
116K 3.8K 48
What if five years ago Oliver Queen was different? He was an upholding college student with a bright future ahead of him. What if he had never gone o...