Your Love Is A Waiting Game

By saraj2117

Arrow AU S2 Rewrite: Oliver returns to Starling City after The Undertaking and it was back to business as usu... More

Prologue
We Share Each Other Like An Island
What If It Only Get's Colder?
I Died A Little Bit Inside
In The Heart Of Darkness
Go Now Before It's Too Late
Silence Isn't Always Golden
Somewhere In The Darkness There Is Light
From Russia With Love
Just The Two Of Us
What If... There Was No Lie?
The Calm Before The Storm
I Can't Picture Me Without You
I Know Everything You Don't Want Me Too
Working On Empty
It Started With A Kiss
It Happens In A Blink
I Still Choose You
You Remind Me Who I Am
Never Saw You Coming
Oblivion Is Calling Our Names
A Heavy Choice To Make
Never Let Me Go
I'm Not The Only One
It's Not Over...Until It's Over
I'm The Only Love That Changes You
Am I Wrong?
Can't You Feel My Love?
Don't You Dare Look Back
I Am For You
I'll Look After You
Who Is The Man Under The Hood?
Family Is Precious
Never Giving Up On You
Running Wild and Running Free
This Is The Beat Of Your Heart
Until I See You Again
Wish We Could Turn Back Time
A Deal With God
I Won't Go Down Without A Fight
Be By My Side
You're Something Else
Epilogue

I'll Never Be The Same

3.2K 45 13
By saraj2117

Felicity groaned as she came back to consciousness. It took her a minute to realize she was warm and there was a arm draped across her body. She flinched and began to sit up.

"Hey, it's okay, it's just me," he soothed. She rolled in his arms to face him and snuggled into his chest. He ran a hand through her hair. "You okay?"

"Mmmhmm..."

"Are you going to wake up today?"

"You have anywhere to be?" She mumbled drowsily.

"Absolutely no where," he whispered in her ear making her shiver. He tightened his arms around her waist and she laid there for long minutes basking in how wonderful and domestic they were acting. Her bladder decided to ruin the happiness. She groaned. "What?"

"I have a lemon laying on my bladder." His chest rumbled under her ear. "Why are you laughing?" she questioned as she lifted her head from his chest. He sighed happily.

"The normalcy of it all....it's nice." She smiled. It was nice to know he was feeling the same as she was. She stayed where she was for another minute.

"Oliver?" She asked softly since his eyes were closed.

"Mmm?"

"I really have to pee."

"Go," he stated.

"I can't," she replied. One of his eyes peeked at her. "You have to let go of me first,." He realized then just how tangled they were. He was reluctant to let her go but as soon as he did she bolted to the bathroom.

"Come back!" He called after her. Her lips stretched into a giddy smile.

When she returned he had his arms crossed behind his head and he was very still. She sat on the bed softly as not to wake him just in case he had slipped off again. She observed his face, free of wrinkles, peaceful. Just like that morning.

"What are you thinking?" He asked, eyes still closed, bringing her out of her revere. She thought how amazing it was that he could just feel her thinking.

"About that morning." His eyes flew open then and she smiled sadly. "I can't help but imagine that this is what it would've been like." He took her hand.

"I'm so sorry," he said somberly. She looked up at him.

"It's not your fault," she assured him.

"You have no idea how much I want to remember. I feel like..." He paused and she tilted her head. "I feel like that's what's holding me back. You deserved so much better than that," he finished, his eyes downcast.

"Oliver." She grabbed his chin lightly and his eyes met hers. "You were perfect, that whole night was perfect and I would never, ever change a second of what happened... except maybe the fact that you were drugged into doing it." She chuckled mirthlessly.

"It wasn't the drug Felicity," her head jerked up. "You have no idea how much I've held back."

"What do you mean?" Her brown furrowed.

"Sometimes all I want to do is grab you and kiss you or run my hands through your hair, tuck a strand of hair behind your ear or hold your hand. Simple things for other people but for me, it's difficult. That night I may have been drugged but I did and said exactly what I wanted to. I just wished I would've done those things with you not under the influence of a drug...so you'd believe me. My feelings for you run very deep but I have a hard time showing them."

She nodded and he sat forward.

"I know we already have a baby on the way and that blows normal right out of the water but I want to try. I want to do this right."

She took his hand and threaded her fingers through his. "Then we'll start small," she declared.

He grinned and his hand reached out and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. "Together," he stated.

"Together," she confirmed.

>------->

Serious about doing things right Oliver went back to staying at the foundry, much to her displeasure. She was working in the foundry one night when he came up behind her and started rubbing her shoulders. "Mmmm that's nice," she moaned. He kissed her on the cheek.

"Okay, what do you want?" She questioned as she turned in her chair to face him.

"Why do I have to want something?" He asked.

"Because you just gave me a massage, men don't do that without being asked unless they want something." She noticed his pupils were dilated as he leaned down putting his hands on either side of her chair.

"Oh I want something...but I made a promise." She gulped at the desire she saw in his eyes.

"You did, but can I remind you in making that promise you said nothing about not kissing," she said a little breathless.

He tilted his head and pressed his lips together. "Hmm..you know you're right."

He started to lean down, lips parted. "As always." His lips met hers in a soft brush and her heart picked up speed. Then there was pounding on the steps. They both groaned.

Roy came into the room. With a loud exclamation of "Ewww, come on you guys. I have to train down here and I will not be able to focus if I'm thinking about you guys having se-" Oliver slapped him in the back of the head. "Owww! What was that for?" He asked incredulously.

"For interrupting." He picked up a bowl and handed it to him. "Now get to work."

"No, please! Anything but the bowl again."

"Maybe next time that will make you think twice before you come barging into a room. Let that be a lesson to you on missions too."

"Never go into a building without checking it out, yeah I got it. You've only told me that a hundred times."

"Apparently it hasn't quite sunk in yet." He pointed to the bowl. "You know where the water spigot is," he said a little too cheerfully. He turned around and winked at her before he got ready to go on patrol.

No her life wasn't normal.

But she wouldn't trade it for the world.

>>------>

Oliver was shirtless...again and sparring with John and Sara with some kind of wooden bow staff thingy's. As if her hormones weren't already going wild enough now she had to watch him fighting, his abdominal muscles rippling, his shoulder taught, skin glistening with sweat. Oh boy, was it hot in here? She fanned her face which was probably red from her steamy thoughts. Her eyes moved over his biceps and her mind was taken back to when he had grabbed her and flipped her over pressing kisses down her neck.

Maybe she needed a cold shower? A grunt of pain made her come back to the present. Digg had accidentally hit Sara in the head. She went for the first aid kit and grabbed a disinfecting wipe.

"You okay?" She asked her.

"Yeah, it's not deep," Sara assured her.

"Still we should clean it." She brought the wipe up to the cut but just looking at it turned her stomach.

Sara's nose scrunched up as she searched her face. "You okay?"

"Yeah," she shook her head. "I've always been a little squeamish about blood but I had gotten better. Now looking at it? It makes me want to-"

"Okay," Sara grabbed the wipe from her hand. "I got this Felicity. Thank you though."

She nodded. "You're looking a little flushed. Are you sure you're feeling okay? Maybe you should take a break."

"I'm fine, a break isn't what I need," she stated. Sara just looked at her confused. "Never mind," she said as she paced over and grabbed her chair and rolled it over to her desk.

Oliver had headed to the showers and Digg announced he was calling it a night.

"You're coming to my party right?" Sara asked coming into the room in a little black dress.

"No, it's at the mansion and me and Moira aren't exactly on speaking terms. Plus it's probably not a good idea for Oliver to be seen at a party with his pregnant assistant."

"Felicity, you're my friend. You have every right to be there."

"I'm your friend here, in secret. In the public? Not so much." Sara opened her mouth but she waved her off. "It's fine. There's perks to everyone thinking you're just the nerdy IT girl. No one suspects what I really do with my evenings." She said as she wiggled her eyebrows. Sara laughed.

"Still, you're my dad's friend too, he talks about you y'know. He says you're one of the bravest and smartest women he knows..." She leaned closer. "Don't tell him I said this...but I think he'd adopt you given the chance."Felicity burst out laughing. "What?"

"Just think about it, Laurel the Attorney, Sara the Assassin and Felicity the IT girl. Sisters who have nothing in common except for one thing..."

"What's that?" She questioned.

Oliver walked into the room just then. "Showers free if anyone else needs to use it."

"Oh," Sara exclaimed and turned to look at Felicity.

"Right?" She replied giggling. Sara burst out laughing and next thing she knew both blondes were holding their sides.

"Imagine what Dad would do if he found out?" Sara cut off in a fit of giggles. "He'd have an aneurysm."

"What?" Oliver asked a funny look crossing his face only serving to make them laugh harder. "Seriously what are you both talking about?"

"Nothing," Sara said as she wiped her eyes. "Tell Felicity she's got to come to my party."

"No, Sara," she said firmly.

"Come on Felicity, it's going to be boring and I'm going to have to mingle. I don't like mingling, I'm not good at it. I'll even tell people you're there as my friend so you wont even be connected to Ollie. Please don't throw me to the wolves," Sara begged.

"Sara," Felicity drew it out. The Assassin wasn't playing fair.

"I think it's a good idea," stated Oliver.

"What!" Felicity screeched. Oliver just shrugged.

"Its a party with close friends and family. You're my family, it just makes sense for you to be with me."

"What about your Mom? And the press?" She said frantically.

"I really don't care anymore, we're having a baby Felicity it's going to come out sooner or later and I don't plan on being away from you ever so it's probably going to be sooner."

"I don't know," she hedged.

"Most of my life is a secret Felicity. I'd love if we could just live normal, low profile lives, but that's not possible. So we have to work with what we're given. I'm tired of hiding things, especially you," he finished his heart in his eyes. To them they were alone in the room until Sara clapped her hands.

"Alright that's settled. You can't wear that."

Oliver let her stop by her townhouse to change. She hurried into her room kicking her shoes off as she went. She'd pick them up later. She grabbed a loose a-line black dress from her closet and turned to find Oliver sitting on the bed, he'd followed her into her room like a puppy dog.

"Uh what are you doing?"

"Sitting here," he replied. She avoided his eyes. "Felicity, there isn't anything I haven't seen."

She blushed. "Yeah...but you don't remember what you've seen."

He sighed. "You remember though. I want us to be close, I'd change in front of you..."

"Of course you would, because you look like that!" She used her hand to sweep the air in front of his body.

"Felicity...are you afraid of what I'm going to think about your body?" She blushed further and turned away from him, dress pressed to her chest. Suddenly he was there, hands on her arms turning her to face him. "I know I've never told you this. I don't know why, I guess it's because I thought you knew. Felicity you are by far the most beautiful woman I've ever seen." She had started crying.

"That's saying something," she said through her tears. He grimaced.

"Do you want me to tell you something else?" She nodded, entranced by the heated look in his eyes. "Every time I look at you, knowing that you're carrying my child...well it makes me feel really prideful. I have to remind myself everyday that you're mine. I'm the luckiest man alive. So don't you ever be embarrassed in front of me, okay?"

She nodded again. He placed a kiss on her forehead.

Felicity started to pull her dress over her head.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

She took a deep breath. "Taking baby steps." She stood in front of him in just her underwear and bra blushing from the tips of her toes to the top of her head. Her whole body felt heated like at the slightest touch she would burst into flames. Oliver just stood there speechless. Finally he spoke.

"I was wrong." She nodded looking down. "You're not beautiful...I'm not sure there's a word strong enough for how gorgeous you are."

Her head snapped up. He stared straight at her, no sign of deceit on his face. He walked toward her slowly as if she was a wounded animal that would startle at slightest movement. When he finally reached her and she hadn't moved he took it as a sign to keep going.

He lifted his hands and ran them through her hair and down to her cheeks. Then he kissed her leaving a trail of fire wherever his lips touched. Want and burning desire coursed it's way through her veins.

He started on her face, her cheek first, then her ear, the tip of her nose then down her neck, her arms, her chest. Then he was on his knees in front of her his hands on either side of her abdomen. He looked up at her and what he saw must have encouraged him because the next thing she knew he was placing soft butterfly kisses on her belly, stroking her burning skin with his calloused thumbs. She closed her eyes and tried to commit every second, every feeling, every touch to her memory. He started talking a moment later, his lips occasionally brushing against her skin as he whispered.

"I don't know if you can hear me in there...but Mommy says you have ears now so I'll take that as a yes. So hi...I'm your Daddy." He choked on the last word and she lifted her hand and ran it through his short hair. "You know you're going to have the best Mommy in the world, right? You're going to love her, she's really smart and pretty and she's the most loving, kindest and strong woman I've ever known. We're going to take good care of you. I promise I will never let anything ever hurt you. Or your Mom."

Wetness touched her skin and she realized that tears weren't just leaking from her eyes, he was crying too. Brave, strong, collected, dangerous, calm in the middle of the storm Oliver was crying. She closed her eyes again, trying to hold her emotions together. She almost didn't hear him when he said it but it was permanently burned into her mind for eternity.

"I love you," he whispered. She imagined he was saying it to her. He placed a final kiss on her stomach before standing up. Without her heels he towered over her. He cupped her face in his hands. "You know how I feel don't you?"

She looked at him then, really looked and there in the depths of his ocean blue eyes she could see it. He loved her. But neither of them were ready for the words. She understood that so she nodded. He smiled at her then. She reached up on her tiptoes and wrapped her arms around his neck and played with the short hairs that rested there. His eyes roamed her face like he was trying to commit every line, every wrinkle, every freckle to memory. He leaned down then his arms encircling her back and pulling her up, her feet no longer touched the ground when he kissed her. Long and deep like she was water in middle of the dessert and he was dying of thirst. His lips were soft as they moved against hers and he tasted like peppermint. Her nearly naked chest pressed to his and she could feel his heart beating erratically against her breast. She had the same effect on him as he did her. That caused her to smile breaking the kiss. He pulled back.

"What?" He asked grinning.

"That was way more than a baby step," she declared with a smile.

"My gaits longer than yours anyways," he smirked.

"Can't say that I mind at the moment." She said as she pressed a kiss to his jaw.

"If you keep doing that we're never going to make it to the party and what I have in mind is definitely not in the baby steps category." She trembled at his words and her body caught flame again.

"Baby steps," she muttered to herself as he reluctantly pulled herself from his arms. She picked up the dress that had fallen to the floor and slipped it over her head. "Can you zip me up?" He walked over to her by the mirror and his fingers grasped the zipper but stopped halfway. She shivered when his fingers traced up her spine and lets out a quivering breath.

He shook himself and zips the dress the rest of the way up. She tries to focus on the task at hand but she can still feel his heated gaze as she grabs a pink belt from her dresser drawer and wraps it around her waist. She slips the newly reunited pair of silver earrings in her ears and slips on her pair of silver and black heels. She brushes through her hair and takes one final look in the mirror. She catches Oliver's gaze and if the look on his face was any indication he thought she looked nice.

"Ready?" He asked softly, his voice strained. She nodded words failing her temporarily.

The ride to the mansion was quiet. Her mind kept going over every detail of the last hour. "I love you," whispered quietly to her belly had the top spot in her instant replay.

When they reached the mansion he helped her out of the car and as they got closer to the door she froze. Oliver turned to her. "Hey, everything's going to be alright."

"What about your mom...and your sister. Thea doesn't know yet. And all these people." She looked around the courtyard. "This is a lot more than close friends and family."

"Felicity look at me," he pleaded. She did. "Take a deep breath." She sucked in a breath. "Now let it out. Better?" She shook her head. "I promise you I won't let anything happen to you. I won't leave your side."

"Is that really a good idea? I mean Lance will be in there and..."

"I don't care. If people don't like that we're together they can take it and shove it-"

"Where the sun don't shine," she interrupted. "Right?" He placed a hand on her stomach.

"Right. You ready?"

"No I don't think I'll ever be ready to meet your family officially but...I've got this." Sh said as she drew herself to full height and pushed her shoulders back.

Oliver smiled. 'There's my girl,' he thought.

They walked through the open doors and Oliver nodded to a few people he knew across the room. Thea came strolling in their direction. "Ollie! Always fashionably late I see," she called. "Some things never change," she said without malice.

"I had," he glanced at her. "Other matters to attend too." Making Felicity flush again. Thea turned to her.

"Hi, you're Felicity right? Ollie's EA?"

"Yeah," she said at the same time he said "She's more than an EA."

"Oh," she exclaimed glancing between them.

"Felicity's my...." He trailed off. Calling her his girlfriend was too loose a term and didn't even to begin to summarize their relationship. "She's my fiancé," he said finally making both Thea's and Felicity's eyes widen. He took her hand in his and squeezed it and she squeezed back in understanding. He peeked at her and when she didn't say anything he kept going. She knew it would be a lot easier to tell Thea the news if they were "engaged" so she let him run with it.

"And we have some great news," he announced as he turned to her again. "We're having a baby," he said softly while looking at her.

"I can't believe it," she stated as she stared at them. Thea's stood stock still, her face emotionless before she shocked them both by squealing before she tugged Felicity into a tight hug. Felicity's breath swooshed out of her.

"Uh Thea, I think your squishing her," said Oliver worriedly.

"Oh," she gasped. "I didn't hurt you or the baby did I?" She shook her head at the short brunette. "Oh my gosh I'm so excited! I'm getting a sister and a niece or nephew! It's like a early birthday present!" She clapped her hands and turned to Oliver. " "Holy crap Ollie, you're going to be a Dad!"

"Shhh.." They both hissed. "We're trying to keep it quiet for now," said Oliver.

"Oh sorry," Thea said as she ducked her head and lowered her voice. "I can't believe my big brother is finally settling down. " She turned to Felicity. "I'm a little shocked but I can see how much he loves you. You must be really special."

"She is," Oliver said as he turned his eyes to Felicity and bringing her hand up to place a kiss on her knuckles. Thea squealed again.

"You two are just perfect. It's like you're married already. I am so happy for you Ollie...I'm happy for both of you," she said as she hugged them both at the same time.

"Thank you Thea," Felicity said sincerely.

"You're family now, and there's nothing a Queen won't do for family," she stated.

Thea's eyes suddenly widened and her hands moved to her mouth. "Oh crap! Does Mom know?" she asked panic filling her voice.

"She knows," Oliver answered.

"Oh I bet she was thrilled for you," she replied sarcastically.

"You could say that," Felicity remarked with a smirk. Thea laughed. She saw someone she knew and soon dismissed herself with the promise of seeing each other again soon.

Felicity let out a heavy breath. "Did that just happen?"

"I'm just as shocked as you are. I expected hysterics or a tantrum or something."

"Oliver she's not five."

"I know, it still surprising," he replied.

"Never underestimate a Queen. I would know." He kissed her cheek.

"Oh Thank God, Sara's here." She said as she saw Sara walk through the front door with her father and mother. After conversing with a few people she makes her way over to them.

"I'm so glad you could make it Felicity!" She said sending her a wink before she gave her a hug. Lance gave a stiff nod to Oliver.

"Queen," Lance stated.

"Lance," Oliver replied.

How could so much disdain be communicated between men with only one word? Men had such impressive vocabulary's.

Lance turned to her. "Felicity, it's nice to see you again. I hope you're doing well."

"I am, thank you Quinton." Oliver's forehead wrinkled in surprise and Felicity nudged his shoulder drawing Lance's attention to their clasped hands. She didn't even know when he had taken it again. She guessed he was really serious when he said he wouldn't leave her side.

"You're here with Queen?" He said incredulously. Thea floated by and threw "She's his fiancé," over her shoulder leaving them to deal with the damage. Oliver sent her dark look but turned back to Lance who was giving his most intimidating angry Dad look.

"Is that true Queen?" Oliver opened his mouth but nothing came out. Felicity spoke on his behalf.

"It's true Detective."

"I thought you were smarter than that Felicity," he harrumphed but squeezed her arm. "But I'm glad Queen here's stepping up to the plate." Oliver let out a strangled sound and she elbowed him in the side. "Married already I see," said Lance with a smirk. "Get used to it son, it only get's worse." He turned back to Felicity. "I can't say I completely approve but I trust your judgment, congratulations," He said shocking Felicity into silence.

Before he walked away he stepped close, reached his hand out for Oliver's and squeezed it hard. "If you don't treat her with the respect she deserves or if you hurt her her in any way I will discharge my pistol....repeatedly."

Oliver nodded stiffly. "Duly noted." Lance walked off taking Sara with him who sent them a look as if to say 'See I told you,' as she left. Of course Felicity was the only one who understood it. "Two death threats from a Lance in one week. I think that's a record."

"What?" she questioned.

He cleared his throat. "Nothing, we should mingle." He took her hand and led her around the room introducing her to several old acquaintances. Felicity waved at Roy across the room and he smiled back before Thea dragged him to the next person she wanted him to meet. They avoided Moira easily since she stayed in conversation with Mrs. Lance. A little while later Detective Lance's phone rang and almost at the exact time so did hers. It was Diggle. There had been a bank robbery and they needed to get back to the foundry. Oliver glanced at Sara and she nodded back in understanding. Felicity nearly sighed in relief but then reconsiders considering it was a bank robbery that was getting her out of the lions den and that was just awful.

As they left the mansion Felicity was able to take her first real breath of the night. Oliver kissed the side of her head as he put the car into gear and sped away, leaving millionaires, excited sisters and enraged fake soon-to-be mother in laws behind.

>----->

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.9K 1.3K 33
An #Olicity fanfic that takes place towards the end of Season 3. Oliver is in training to become the new demon in Nanda Parbat, and Felicity is a hea...
135K 2.9K 16
Oliver Queen, billionaire playboy and future heir to Queen Consolidated. That's what the public thought of him. Then he joined the army and disappear...
67.1K 1.2K 15
Allison Allen is best friends with Oliver Queen since they were teenagers. She was on that island with Oliver for five years as well, so their friend...
53.4K 1.4K 79
Fandom: Arrow (TV 2012) When Oliver Queen and the Vigilante need help, they go to the best IT specialist in Starling City. She just doesn't know th...