~Relationship Goals~ (A KageH...

נכתב על ידי darnnuggits

Kageyama and Hinata unexpectedly meet up with Oikawa and Iwazumi. They realize their friendships have uncanny... עוד

Distractions
Comfort
Confusion
Sunshine
Texts
Picture
Confrontation
Worry
Breaking Point
Advice
Understanding
Excitement
Running
Explanation
The Beginning

Relationship Goals

8.5K 360 734
נכתב על ידי darnnuggits

"One more!!!"

The sun was unbearably hot and there were only slight breezes. You could hear fountains running at full power and mini electric handheld fans die out, their batteries working till the very last drop of energy was sucked away.

"Dumbass. We've been here for four hours. Let's take a rest."

No dogs barked. They were all too tired and were resting, panting in the shade. The humans were with them, dreaming of cool days underneath the shade of the trees. Yet, not all of the humans slept.

"Come on Kageyama. One more. Pleaaaassseeeeeeee?"

Two young boys stood alone but together on a volleyball court. Sweat was running down their faces and sand was in places that sand most definitely should not be.

"Fine. One more. No more after that. Now stop having such a creepy face. You're batting your eyes so much that it looks like you're having a stroke."

"Wha-!? If anything your face is creepy Bakayama! You look like you're about to murder someone. Why can't you express your excitement like normal people?"

"Like you and Noya? I don't think running around and yelling is normal either. Anyway, this is only my second time setting on sand."

"It is kinda cool huh. Spiking feels a lot different on sand. We're doing really well though considering it's only our second time!" Hinata exclaims, sending one of his famous, blinding smiles to Kageyama. Said boy blinks and looks anywhere but that blinding smile.

"Ah it's too warm..." Kageyama mumbles, twirling the volleyball in his hands.

"Huh? Did you say something?" Hinata asks unaware of the other boy's strange reaction.

"I said get ready dumbass. You want another set don't you?" Kageyama growls.

"Okay!" Hinata says while getting in position.

One more set turned into 10 more, but then Kageyama put his foot down.

"One mo-!!"

Hinata was cut off by a ball to the face.

"What was that f-!?"

Hinata was cut off by a towel to the face.

"What's the big deal Kage-?"

Hinata was cut off by gentle hands and the towel drying of his sweat soaked hair.

"Take a break, dumbass." Kageyama hissed but his hands stayed as gentle as before.

"O-okay. Sorry. It's just your sets are the best!" Hinata exclaims, moving his head from under the towel so he can smile at Kageyama.

Kageyama started to crush his skull.

"That doesn't mean you should hit them till we both pass out!" Kageyama yells.

"Owowowowowow!!! Sorrysorrysorry!!" Hinata yelled back.

"Here." Kageyama removes his hands and the towel so he can grab two water bottles and hands one to Hinata.

Hinata was left whimpering and rubbing his head with his free hand while Kageyama took a sip from his water.

"Is that Kageyama!?"

Kageyama then spits his water out onto Hinata's face.

"What the hell Kageyama!?" Hinata yelped.

"Please. Anybody but him. Please." Kageyama prayed.

"Hey isn't that...Oikawa? Oh and Iwaizumi!" Hinata waved at the pair as Kageyama groaned.

"Hi Oikawa and Iwaizumi!" Hinata says as the older pair reached the volleyball court.

"How are the freaky deaky duo doing on this hot day?" Oikawa asks with a smile.

"Grea-mmph"

Hinata is interrupted by a towel in his face.

Again.

"Dry off. You look like a drowned rat." Kageyama says, ignoring his annoying upperclassman.

"It's your fault I'm like this, stupid Kageyama!" Hinata points out while drying off.

"Were you guys practicing?" Iwaizumi asks.

"Yeah! I just can't get enough of Kageyama's tosses." Hinata explains.

"Well Iwa-chan and I are going to get some ice cream. Would you like to join us? It's my treat!" Oikawa asks with a smile.

"No."

"Sure!"

Kageyama and Hinata look at each other.

"Fine." Kageyama sighs.

"Yay!" Hinata says while Kageyama starts putting their supplies into a large black backpack.

"You have one too? What all do you have in there?" Iwaizumi shows Kageyama the backpack on his own back.

"Water bottles, towels, band aids, and some ice packs." Kageyama lists off.

"Same. I also have sun lotion." Iwaizumi says.

"You never know what kind of trouble he'll get into." Kageyama and Iwaizumi say at the same time, pointing at Hinata and Oikawa.

The next few moments were filled with awkward silence as the four men looked at each other with surprised looks on their faces.

"So where are we getting the ice cream?" Hinata asks, breaking the tension filled silence.

"Oh right over there." Oikawa says while pointing to a small vendor off in the distance.

The boys made their way over to the ice cream vendor while talking about their newest stories about volleyball. Oikawa also enjoyed telling Hinata about Kageyama's middle school days. Hinata quite enjoyed the stories, Kageyama, on the other hand, did not.

"And then this one time Kageyama was tooootally checking out this dude and when I pointed it out he turned bright red. He was soooo cute!" Oikawa gushed.

"Oikawa!" Kageyama stared at Oikawa aghast.

"Kageyama.... likes guys?" Hinata asked, surprised.

"Oh god..." Kageyama says, covering his face in his hands.

"W-wait... He hasn't told you?" Oikawa asks.

"I'm ruined. It's all over now." Kageyama whispers.

"I'm so sorry Kageyama. I know a guy that can do plastic surgery and can change names. We'll get you somewhere where no one will be able to find you." Oikawa says seriously, grabbing Kageyama's shoulders.

Iwaizumi proceeded to whack Oikawa across the head.

"So we're the same?" Hinata asks, a faint smile coming across his face.

"W-what? Y-yeah... I guess so." Kageyama mumbles, relieved.

No one commented on anything that had just happened and they went back to laughing and joking around. The air returned to normal, the tension disappearing by the time they got to the vendor. Then it was time to choose what flavor of ice cream they wanted.

"I want strawberry!" Oikawa and Hinata exclaimed at the same time. They gave each other high fives after bonding over something mundane but yet significant. Iwaizumi and Kageyama ordered their ice cream while the others celebrated.

The boys enjoyed their ice cream while the sky became much brighter as the day reached high noon. And as the sky got brighter the day got warmer. But unlike every other human on earth, all of the boys wanted to get warmer and so, instead of cooling down in the fountain, the boys played... you guessed it, volleyball.

It was supposed to be a fun, simple two-on-two match, Hinata and Kageyama vs. Oikawa and Iwaizumi, but it soon turned into a war, an experienced and smart pair against a wild and powerful pair.

By the end of the match, all four boys lost count and forgot who was winning. All of them were soaked in sweat but they had smiles plastered on their faces just like their clothes were plastered on their bodies.

"Good game little kids, but you'll never be able to beat Iwa-chan and I." Oikawa taunted.

"Hah!? We won, you Great King!" Hinata exclaimed.

"That's not an insult Hinata." Kageyama stated.

"Oikawa. Get over here. You need to dry off." Iwaizumi ordered.

"Can you do it for me?" Oikawa asked childishly.

"Fine." Iwaizumi sighs.

Hinata whipped his head around and looked at Kageyama, his eyes glowing and wanting. Kageyama stared at him incredulously and scoffed. They sat there for awhile until Kageyama finally gave up and nodded. As Kageyama dried of Hinata's hair the duo on the other side of the net started to move.

Oikawa was crouched down and Iwaizumi was on his toes, drying Oikawa's hair. He stuck his tongue out in concetration. He didn't see the fond look he was getting from Oikawa from underneath the towel.

"Iwa-chan." Oikawa whispered.

"What, Trashykawa?" Iwaizumi asked.

"I'm gonna kiss you now... okay?" Oikawa said before stood up and placed his lips against Iwaizumi's gently.

Iwaizumi was frozen stiff. So were the other boys on the other side of the net. They looked Oikawa and Iwaizumi and then back at each other. The similarities in the their relationship and the others relationship ran through their heads. The next second they were grabbing their stuff, saying their farewells, and running as fast as they could away from each other. All the while chanting: "Oh my God, he knows. Oh my God. He. Knows." The blushes were prominent on their faces and they knew, volleyball practice would never be the same again.

***************

"Okay Suga. I did what you asked me to do. We're good now right? No more favors? Okay... Okay great. Tell me how it works out. Okay.... Talk to you later~" Oikawa hung up and let out a sigh.

"That was fun right Iwa-chan?" Oikawa laughed. He hadn't faced Iwaizumi since the kiss, worried that his blush would give away how much the kiss affected him.

"Fun? That was fun to you?" Iwaizumi growled.

Oikawa turned around and was confused at the sight he saw. Iwaizumi was covering his mouth, trying to cover his bright red face but failing miserably. He was close to tears by how humiliated he was.

"Yeah. I bet it was real fun making me think that that kiss had meant something to you. But of course it didn't. You...you just used me in one of your pranks." Iwaizumi scoffed.

"N-no Iwaizumi it wasn't tha-" Oikawa started to explain.

"Shut up! I... I don't want to hear your... your perfect voice anymore. I don't want to see your amazing smile anymore because...."

"Iwa-chan listen-" Oikawa tried to say.

"Because I know that if I even say your name I'll go crazy. And I know....I know that you'll never feel the same way about me as I do you. So just... just leave me alo-"

"Iwaizumi Hajime. Shut up, and listen to me." Oikawa ordered. He gently placed his hands on either side of Iwaizumi's face and tilted his face so he could look into Iwaizumi's eyes.

"That kiss did not mean nothing. It.... It meant a lot to me. More than you could ever imagine. And yes. I can feel the same way about you as you feel for me. In fact I already do." Iwaizumi sniffed and Oikawa wiped away the start of his tears. "I like you Iwaizumi Hajime. A lot."

Iwaizumi rolled his eyes. "Dumb way of showing it. Making our first kiss the plot of a huge prank."

"I'm sorry Iwa-chan. Can I make up for it by kissing you so many times you forget about our first kiss?" Oikawa whispers.

Iwaizumi looks fondly at Oikawa before resting his hands on the back of Oikawa's neck.

"Just shut up and kiss me already, Trashykawa."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

But listen. What about

OiIwa.

Let it sink in for a moment.

המשך קריאה

You'll Also Like

765K 15.2K 35
《 requests are closed 》 EDIT: i wrote this book a hot minute ago (by that i mean years), but i've arisen from the dead and am back writing again. all...
851K 26.8K 36
"Hinata, are you limping?" Kageyama yelled from across the gym. Everyone paused in their tracks, surprised by the sudden outburst. Hinata fell over a...
16.5K 288 8
A steamy oneshot yaoi short story featuring Kageyama Tobio and Hinata Shouyo from the manga Haikyuu. WARNING: This fanfiction has explicit gay inter...
15K 650 11
When Shouyou finally brings Kageyama over to his house to introduce him to his family for the first time, Kageyama becomes a bundle of nerves, eager...