Rejecting The CEO Sure Requir...

By oreo_cheese_cake

Way too many plot twists. Read at your own risk. More

Chapter (1) ✔
Chapter (2) ✔
Chapter (3) ✔
Chapter (4) ✔
Chapter (5) ✔
Chapter (6) ✔
Chapter (7) ✔
Chapter (8) ✔
Chapter (9) ✔
Chapter (10) ✔
Chapter (11) ✔
Chapter (12) ✔
Chapter (13) ✔
Chapter (14) ✔
Chapter (16) ✔
Chapter (17) ✔
Chapter (18) ✔

Chapter (15) ✔

13.2K 515 51
By oreo_cheese_cake

Thankfully the weekend passed by peacefully, and by peacefully I mean I didn't see Adrian at all. On top of that I didn't have to go to work even though Lucas and Adrian cancelled their vacation. That sure gave me time to mentally prepare myself for the auction.

Yep, the stupid auction where guys, most probably old hags bid at girls just for a date that lasts a couple of hours.

I know it's not really stupid since the money goes for charity which is a very good cause, but cummon, can't you sell cheap hamsters instead? I'm sure they'll raise more money. People who care would actually buy them!

Hamsters are cute, no?

Less than 3 days were left for the auction, and I was completely freaked out by now. In a way the auction was good. It offered me distraction from a certain boss.

He was making passes at me and rejecting him was becoming harder and harder. I was running out of guts now.

Like what did he even want? To bed me, then dump me? I don't think so Mister.

I don't even want to think about him anymore.

The dress for the fancy charity event was an issue for me at first. Yep you heard me 'Fancy' charity event, Samantha's mom just couldn't keep it simple. Well the fancier the event, the better the buffet.

Anyways then I called Sam asking about the dress type, turns out that the dresses for us 25 girls are being arranged by Samantha's, mom who's also a designer which is a good thing and a bad thing. Good thing in a sense that i don't have to bother myself with the shopping, bad thing in a sense that the clothes she designs barely covers an inch of your body. But she knows I'm a bit conservative so I hope something decent is picked out for me. Otherwise I'll clearly say no. My modesty is really precious to me.

Stop thinking about the auction Emily!

I put on my headphones and started watching movies on my I-pad. I watched 'The Duff' and was halfway through '50 first dates' when someone harshly opened my bedroom door and barged in, excitement clear on their face.

"Oh my god. Oh my god. Oh my god."

"Did you makeup with Brent or did you find a new guy?" I acquired in a bored tone after putting my I-pad and headphones on the side desk.

"That gorgeous boss of yours just came and is down in the dining room and oh my god he has such a good sense of wit like I laughed at every single thing he said." She exclaimed while jumping around in the room. Ofcourse you did.

The fudge, Adrian was downstairs. What the bloody hell.

"Like we talked for like five minutes and I'm like already smitten." No surprise there.

"Did he ask for me?" I asked.

"Why would he ask for you when I'm keeping him occupied." She replied in a bıtch tone, indicating that she's lying. Well I didn't want to see him anyways.

"Oh great. Keep him occupied. I'll just stay up here and keep myself occupied with other stuff." I replied waving her off.

She left the room only to come back after taking two steps.

"Umm. I offered him tea."

I raised my eyebrow.

"I don't know how to make tea okay. So please make some and join us. He actually came here for you. It's something important." She muttered, rudely. Then left after slamming the door shut.

I pinched the bridge of my nose. Like what Is wrong with Adrian, doesn't he have a life at all. And does he think he owns this house, coming here whenever he likes.

Curse you Lilly for opening the door.

I sighed as I left the room after changing into black jeans and shirt and headed towards the kitchen which was opposite to the dining room, yet their voices were very clear. It's a good thing we couldn't see each other.

I could hear Lilly talking to him animately about football as I started making tea. Apparently it was Adrian's favorite sport so she probably decided to make it her favorite too. Like what the hell man. From least favorite to favorite just because of a guy. How can one be this desperate?

I marched towards the dining with a tray which contained a teapot and two teacups along with some biscuits.

I smirked as I saw the agitated expression on Adrian's face as he was chatting with Lilly. I don't blame him, but he deserved that.

I entered the dining room while looking down, refusing to make eye contact with Adrian, but I could feel his eyes on me.

"Mr Henderson, what a pleasant surprise." I looked up to meet his eyes while setting the tray on the table. He knew I was being sarcastic hence a frown formed on his face while I gave myself a mental high five.

"Indeed."

We just seemed to be glaring at each other after that until he cleared his throat and started pouring tea for himself. I took the seat right infront of him, while Lilly was sitting on the seat right next to his.

"So what brings you here Adrian." I asked, venom clear in my tone.

"Sugar." He said looking at Lilly, totally ignoring my question, while Lilly started blushing profoundly, making me puke. Almost.

The hell happened in the past few minutes. I clenched my hands under the table. They were on such terms now? There has to be an extent to how much of a player a guy can be. I guess Adrian crosses that extent.

"Yes..." Lilly muttered dreamily while leaning towards him. Hello, your elder sis is right here in the room.

Adrian only leaned back to the other side and stared at her weirdly.

"I asked for sugar. There's no sugar on the tray." He muttered softly, causing me to mentally laugh and Lilly to frown. While he just turned towards me and stared at me while giving me a huge smile.

"Sure, I'll be back in a second." Lilly mumbled.

"I came here because I wanted to. It's been two days since I last saw you." He said, his eyes fixed on me. Dude, it was just two freaking days. Not a whole century, even so I wouldn't expect you to miss me. "I was occupied by some business ventures."

"I missed your smile. I missed your company. Damn, I missed you so much." He muttered huskily.

"Uh-huh." That's all I managed to mutter. Damn I was lost in his piercing green eyes while he chuckled. Shit, I made a fool out of myself.

I was falling for this guy at a really fast pace. But I'm sure it was physical attraction that was pulling me towards him. I cleared my throat, refusing to fall for his words. Like did he use them on every single women? Did such words even work on them.

"Tell that to the women you sleep around with." I muttered while getting up from the chair. He looked really hurt at my words and I instantly regretted saying those words.

Just then Lilly entered with sugar, I was wondering what took her so long then then I noticed that she had unbuttoned a few of her top buttons and her red lipstick seemed darker.

"I'm going to go and watch TV or something. Have fun guys." I said winking at Adrian, while he looked even more hurt than before. My heart literally tore- wait, say what? I ran towards the kitchen instead of the TV room. Why was I reacting like this. Popcorn should help. I grabbed a packet and started heating it In the microwave oven.

"You know I'm just going to leave." I heard Adrian say.

"Um but I just got you sugar."

"Not in the mood anymore." He said softly. He sounded hurt from his voice even and I was to blame. I actually felt guilty now.

"Wait wait." She yelled. He was probably getting up, I could hear the sound of the chair being pushed back.

"You know about the huge charity event right around the corner." Lilly said in a rushed tone. Why was she hitting that topic. Despo.

"Yeah I do." He sighed.

"Ofcourse you do, you're probably one of the major donors or sponsors."

The oven went off, indicating that the popcorn was ready.

"Anyways so they choose pretty girls for the auction and I'm going to be one of them."

"Oh. Congratulations." Adrian muttered in a bored tone and I actually wanted to salute him for that.

"Do you know anyone that you're gonna bid on?" Lilly asked in a curious tone. " I mean, you are going to bid right?"

"Yep, it's an obligation for me. I know the host personally and she wants me to bid on someone. And I have no idea who to bid on. I'll just bid on you then."

"You are!!" Lilly screeched.

Damn she was loud, but then again idea shouldn't complain since I chose to eve's drop on their conversation.

"Sure, I mean I don't really know anyone else." He said, his tone void of any emotion.

"Well there is Emily but-"

"Emily is one of those girls!" He yelled.

Like what is his problem, his words made me sound like a slut. Well excuse me.

"Uh yeah."

"She's going to be there? She does know that she'll have to wear short skimpy clothes and guys will bid on her? She knew that or did she not!" What's his problem. I can wear whatever I want. It's my body, not his.

"I think, I don't know, but why are you getting all worked up?"

"I just didn't exp-

Yep that's it, that's my queue to leave, besides my favorite TV show was about to start. I don't care if he thinks I'm a slut.

So I went to the TV lounge and made myself comfortable on the sofa, a few minutes had passed by when a certain someone entered the room.

Adrian.

"I can't stand that clingy sister of yours for a milli second and you left me alone with her for half an hour."

"So?" I politely asked.

He dryly chuckled at my response and then glared at me. "Oh please, don't play dumb. It's obvious that you feel attracted to me. I bet you regretted leaving me alone with her."

This earned him a fit of laughter from me. Just who does he think he is, I absolutely despise such guys like him.

"Yeah no, and I don't mean to sound rude but, if you're done talking, you may leave. My favourite show starts in-" I glanced at my watch then continued "exactly seven minutes, and I can't miss it for the world."

From his reaction, I could tell that he was dumbfounded. Clearly not used to such a response, but I couldn't care less. He quickly readjusted his expressions giving me a smirk. I moved my eyes away from him and turned on the volume, planning to completely tune him out.

I knew he was saying something but it was too low for me too hear, it's not like it's my fault. Blame the television.

I was too engrossed watching an advertisement that I didn't even notice that he was now standing directly behind me until he bent down and I felt his warm breath on my neck, creating a tickling sensation, causing me to flinch.

"You know what, I might just pick you instead." He whispered into my ear seductively. I could feel my cheeks heat up and goosebumps form on my skin. It took me a while to process what he just said. It made no sense.

Pick me?

My eyes went wide as realization hit me. By the time I turned my face around, he had already reached the door. He gave me a short wave, the grin on his face clearly indicating that he was satisfied by my reaction, and then left.

Well fuck. I hope he wasn't serious.

×

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

223K 7.8K 49
Mr arrogant jerk He was arrogant I was just suppose to work for him Just to pay off debts *** Thegirl30 ...
1.6K 22 18
+21 story read at your own risk.
1.9K 193 17
When an insecure girl who always dreamed of a happy ending , gets her Prince Charming...✨
12.4K 517 19
The main trope is MARRIAGE OF CONVENIENCE with lots of groveling. Other than that, I won't reveal any tropes because they make a story very predictab...