Retribution

By obsession_tc

Jaxon Blackburn. The name itself is enough to make any Demon's legs shake from fear and to watch their backs... More

Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Eight, Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Seven

534 35 11
By obsession_tc

I can hear the screams.

The blood curdling screams of pain, the pleading for mercy, the chocked sobs of those left half dead on the ground, I can hear it all. Even from being so far away from the government building, let alone the gates to Malara, I could hear everything like I was standing right there observing the gruesome sight. Every now and then, gun shots rang through the air sending a chill down my spine every time, the inevitable thought of did that hit Jaxon? springing to the front of my mind every damn time. I have no clue what's going on, who's winning, who's dead, who's injured, who's alive and it's slowly making me lose my mind.

A frustrated sigh left my lips and I pushed myself up from the large, flat rock I sat on before I started pacing back and forth, the dry dirt kicking up and landing on my legs as my feet scuffed back and forth along the same, repetitive path of frustration. In total, on our side of the attack had eighty three people and the government was only estimated to have fifty at the maximum. The numbers themselves gave me hope but the expected nerves made me think that they had us beat, even with a man as powerful as Jaxon on our side. I'm not even sure how long I've been sitting here for, but it had been much longer than planned, I'm sure of it. The sun had long ago risen and it is now the early hours of daylight. By the time we had left the combat ground and traveled here, the sun had started rising creating a small amount of light for us to see, yet enough darkness and shadows to keep us hidden as we attacked.

Another loud scream rang in my ears, and this time it's distinguishable as a female. The only females we knew of at the government was the two receptionists and the three female cleaners who got a job much like how Daniel did. Somehow, even though it's just a gut feeling, I knew this scream was one on an innocent woman. Even though it's early, many people would be going to work and stupidly made the decision to go in through the gates and past the government building, the main sight of the war ground. A set of men had been given the task of making sure anybody who got within 50 meters of the building, government or innocent, had to die. No chances would be taken and the people selected for the task didn't even blink at the command to kill innocent men, women and children.

The first lot of men sent in by Jaxon's command were called the decoys, however not to their knowledge. The decoys was group one, the group of men strong enough to still cause damage yet too weak to win the battle for us. They were sent in first ahead of everyone through the streets where most of them more than likely were bought straight to their deaths. Then the second group went in, the best combat fighters where they are still not the strongest, but good enough to put a severe dent in the government fighters. Then finally went in the men with the strongest abilities in attempt to wipe out any other bystanders. Tom, Matt and Jarred went with a group each, Jarred suffering the horrible fate in the decoy group even though he is strong.

Jaxon stayed with me the whole time until the strongest abilities group moved out. From where I sat now, it was a five minute walk to the gates of Malara and another two minute walk to the center at the government building. Jaxon flashed himself straight to the door where he was supposed to be covered by the abilities men and take the barrier down before they raided inside the building. Since the government top stories are the residence of Dean, he would be an easy find, it's just the fight to get to him and fighting Dean himself that would be difficult.

Before Jaxon flashed away, we stayed in silence wrapped in each other's arms not saying much at all. We only had seven minutes at the most to say goodbye and good luck until after the fight and we cherished every moment. Sweet words and touches were exchanged, I love you was said about hundred times in soft whispers. He spoke briefly on his thoughts for after the victory, traveling around the world with just the two of us after our revenge and then coming back to rule Malara our way, however we wanted. He would give me everything if I gave him endless love and I agreed whole heartedly.

But then time unfortunately got away on us.

What only felt like thirty seconds was six and a half minutes and it was Jaxon's cue to leave. He placed one lingering, soft kiss to my lips and then flashed away promising to see me soon.

And he left me all alone, by myself.

When he left, my body felt cold and my nerves sky rocketed and I was anxious as I waited for my signal. Four in a row, loud bangs and the clouds are to form a circle around the top of the government building but the sign hasn't come yet. I have no clue what's happening or who's even still alive and I desperately wanted to go and see, to help in any way I can but I know if I go I'll be a distraction to everyone. Jaxon would have to worry about fighting and making sure I don't die and with lots of his energy already gone from disabling the barrier, it was too much to ask. All of his men were instructed to save me if I was to get into any trouble, even with their own lives if necessary otherwise Jaxon will kill them if the battle hasn't.

Another gunshot rang at my ears, snapping me out from reminiscing Jaxon and mine last moments before I decided I can't take it anymore. My feet pushed myself into a quick jog as I ran towards the gates of Malara. After a few minutes of running and I saw the thin bush land finally thinning out to practically nothing, the metal gates declaring the entrance to the city right in front of me and I stopped behind a rock and looked out.

I couldn't help the gasp as I looked on to the start of the battle. Bodies lay dead on the ground, blood seeping from chests from being shot or stabbed and faces blue from choking and no oxygen to the body. Some unfortunate victim's skin is burnt as dimming fire still danced on some of the men's skin making the fresh nature smell of burnt flesh, the blood splattered and pooling around bodies on the gravel dirt that lead into the city of Malara.

Even though the dead men was a shocking sight, what made my stomach truly churn was the sight of the innocent bystanders left dead on the ground too. True to Jaxon's words, no one was spared as women, children, teenagers and men lay on the ground, some dead with eyes wide open in terror and some laying with a fatal injuries, groaning in pain and tears leaking down their cheeks from the unexpected attack as they lay helpless to themselves and to the city.

'Help me!' A girl cried, her pain and terror filled plead loud enough to catch my attention as I peered out from the rock. My heart skipped a beat and a lump caught in my throat as I saw her desperate, pain filled eyes locked on mine, half her body bright red from where her flesh had been burnt, the blood from her skin running onto her green shirt. Her blond hair is singed in some placed, her scalp patchy and grazes all over her body as she lay with her legs twisted uncomfortably against the gravel.

'Please,' she cried out desperately and like a bitch, I turned my back and hid behind the rock completely out of sight. I bit my lip in hopes to stop the threatening tears. This is what I wanted, the city to suffer to make Dean feel like a failure, to make him weak and vulnerable so I could then kill him. I can't let some random girl with poor timing change my mind on all of this. It's too late.

'Then run,' she coughed after I didn't reply. 'These men will kill you, they're ruthless. Run before you end up dead!' Once again I stayed silent and stayed with my curled behind my rock.

Bang, bang, bang, bang.

Four loud sounds echoed around the city making me jump suddenly and I looked above the government building, seeing the clouds slowly circling and taking formation above the building. I took in a deep breath and crouched low knowing this is my sign. Tom will be here any second to lead me in and if he doesn't appear it means he died.

I'm not sure what made me nervous, the thought of him dying or actually entering the gates and facing what's ahead.

***

'Olivia.' My head snapped up and I felt relief when Tom was running towards me, bruised and cuts all over his skin but otherwise looking okay.

'Jaxon, how is he?' I demanded.

'Alive. The barrier took a chunk out of him but we finally barged though and we're in.' He informed me and a weight had been lifted off my chest. 'What we figure though is that somehow they combined all the powers of the government demons to make the barrier as strong as possible but as more died, the easier it became for Jaxon to pull it down.' I nodded my head and pumped myself up in my mind.

'Let's go.' I said determinedly and Tom nodded. I stood up with my dagger in my hand, another attacked to a band secured around my thigh for a precaution or in case I lost the one I'm about to use. A gasp caught my attention to the girl laying half dead on the ground, a shocked but angry expression on her face as she glared at me, possibly wondering how and why I was on their side and supporting them in the act of killing.

'Go die, both of you.' She spat. Tom didn't hesitate to take a few steps forwards and plunge his dagger into her chest, silencing her forever without a second thought.

'Let's move, stay low. Remember what Jaxon taught you.' Tom instructed and I nodded my head, checking over the checklist Jaxon gave me in my head. The past weeks at night time Jaxon gave me self-defense lessons, teaching me one on one how to defend myself and how to attack when need be.

My heart thumped frantically in my chest as I stayed behind Tom. From out of nowhere, two men came at us. Tom didn't hesitate to punch one of the men in the jaw straight away startling him with the powerful hit but he sprung straight back to his feet, angry eyes glaring daggers as he attacked. With Tom fighting one man, the other came for me. Instantly when he got close I kicked his knee sending him limping backwards as he was caught completely off guard by underestimating me and tumbled to the ground. Following him, I raised my foot and stomped down on his head, a sickening crack sounding and making him fall the rest of the way to the ground. With both hands I gripped the handle of the dagger and plunged it through his back, ending his life. I looked down on him in shock on how easy that had just been, Tom snapping me out of it as he harshly gripped my upper arm.

'Move.' He nodded his head forwards and I started jogging towards the center of the city. Not even a few meters later, another man was running for us. Tom instantly had him on the ground and I was right behind him, stabbing him through the center of his chest, the bronze dagger instantly taking his life away from him. I couldn't control my heart as it thumped rapidly, adrenaline coursing throughout my body and my mind has so many thoughts I feel like I am flying. I couldn't grasp a coherent though so just settled for following Tom, the adrenaline giving me the guts and strength to kill any man Tom got to the ground. The system worked too, any time a demon would run at us, Tom would use his abilities and combat skills to get them on the ground injured, leaving them in a vulnerable state not able to protect themselves as I quickly plunged the dagger into their hearts.

Four

The number spoke mono tone in my head as I pulled the dagger from the chest, the tightness of the muscles and organs contracting around the invasive weapon making resistance as I pulled it from his chest. Both of my hands are dripping in blood, blood of men I had killed as the warm liquid dripped from the handle of the dagger to my hands and down my arms in droplet lines. I didn't even have enough time to feel repulsed as Tom grabbed my elbow and ran off towards a small broken stand near the main building, crouched behind it for enough protection.

'There's so many of them.' I panted to Tom, my chest rising and falling heavily as my grip on the dagger finally loosened.

'More then we accounted for. Dean set up an alliance with a neighboring town we figured. Even the humans who live here are risking their lives. They grab whatever and hit any of us in hopes to help.' He said shaking his head. This isn't good, although they are only humans and compared to Jaxon's demons they are weak, the still have us outnumbered.

'How many?' I asked.

'About 250.' My heart stopped.

'250?' My voice wavered in disbelief. 'Why the fuck didn't we retreat?' I spat at him.

'They're humans. They die before they can even blink.' He said. A loud band rang out again, this time the gun shot much louder than from where I had been waiting. My ears rang from the loud sound and I covered my ears, the blood on my hands forgotten. I peered out to see who died and my heart stopped when I saw Jarred lying dead on the ground. His torso has a large blood spot from where I assumed he died, however what made me feel sick was watching a man double his size bending down to yank the dagger from his chest. The harsh, carefree movement made Jarred's torso rise from the ground before thudding back down, his head lolling to the side making his eyes wide open stare directly at me and into my soul.

'Tom, J-Jarred,' I stuttered not sure how to comprehend what happened.

'Block emotions Olivia.' Tom muttered his voice tight and stained. 'People will die.' Just by glancing at Tom I could tell he was devastated by Jarred's death, Tom's dark brown eyes swarmed with sadness, glistening with tears. His light brown hair fell in front of his eyes and he didn't even bother to move it from his view.

'We're going in now,' he said, his voice strained. 'Ready?' I nodded my head. With my okay to go, we rose to our feet and ran towards the back of the large building. To this day I hadn't ever been near the building its self, the main area we focused for the soul of this attack. I had seen photos, blueprints, layouts, seen it from afar, replicas and even a rough sketch of the building but I had never been this close. Multiple story building are scarce these days and now seeing buildings people lived in many years ago is fascinating. I didn't allow myself very long to admire the large building as I kept running behind Tom to the back entrance to the building.

The door was already busted open, groans of pain filling the air as we didn't hesitate to rush in. the amount of dead bodies astonished me as tom hurried me to step over them quickly. Not too long after, the souls of my shoes were bright red from stepping in the blood littering the floor, small splash marks scattered up my legs and I willed my mind from the repulsing thoughts. As soon as we turned the corner out the corridor, Tom harshly pushed me backwards, my back thumping into the wall harshly as the wind left my lungs. Groaning slightly I looked up seeing Tom in a hand to hand battle with a man. Not even a moment later, the man was on the ground.

'Watch out!' Tom yelled suddenly as he glanced backwards at me. I turned my body around to see a man who appeared to be even taller than Jaxon charging at me, the black of his pupil showing that he is a human. A small scream left my lips as the man's fist connected with my jaw, my head snapping back and painfully connecting with the plastered wall behind me. My head spun, the picture of my vision lob sided and slightly blurry, my focus on the large man storming towards me making me want to fight back but I couldn't bring myself to do it. Shakily my hands rose in front of my face as I waited for the impact but it never came.

Tom had lunged himself forwards, colliding heavily with the man as he lay into of him, his arms pinned by Tom and his face turning blue as he was choked to death by his abilities. Tom didn't stand quickly as we stayed hidden from everyone behind the wall. His body fell forwards slightly and his back rose and fell quickly as he tried to catch his breath, the clear sign that he is exhausted.

'You need to go back Tom.' I said to him quietly so nobody would hear us. 'You're going to die otherwise, you can't fight anymore.'

'I'm fine.' He said, shakily pushing himself to his feet. 'I'm here to protect you.' He said.

'What if you die in the process?' I asked.

'It's an honor fighting alongside the powerful Jaxon, and knowing I did everything in my power to keep you alive due to his request, it will let me die happily.' He said, his eyes blazing with pride at the thought. It's only now that I saw his true dedication to following Jaxon. I've always known that anyone would kill to be one of Jaxon's trusted men but only now I see how much it means to a demon. I had no words to reply to that, feeling slightly overwhelmed from his confession.
'Let's go.' He said, sensing that's what happened and I nodded, sending him a grateful smile.

Reentering the room once more, my heart stops. Every man in the room is from the government, and they all spotted us, charging directly towards us. Tom stood in front of me strong, some of the weaker men and humans dropping to the floor, choking and gasping for air however due to Tom's tiredness the stronger ones wheezed but propelled forwards, before I could understand what was happening, the men had reached Tom and he fell to his knees.

One of the shorter men pulled a dagger from Tom's chest, the sharp blade covered in a metallic red. I watched in shock as Tom's body fell lifelessly to the ground settling on an awkward angle. A hand shot to my mouth as I gasped, tears springing to my eyes as I couldn't bring myself to tear my gaze away from Tom. He died with pride, something he did care about however knowing I was the reason he died pulled on the strings in my chest painfully.

Fear coursed throughout as I felt alone, almost defenseless in a room of just the enemy.

'Tom!' I shouted by my voice was drowned out from loud yelling filing in behind me. My head snapped backwards as I watched on with no emotion but fear as five men ran yelling into the room, daggers out and lunging straight towards the four men in front of me.

'Olivia.' On said and harshly grabbed my forearm pulling me to my feet. 'I'm Mike,' he yelled dragging me in the direction Tom had started pulling me in before he was murdered. I from behind, I looked at the man from our side who guided me towards Jaxon. He was average height, maybe just a slightly bit taller with a sturdy frame, muscle evident hiding under a small layer of fat.

'Let's go.' He instructed, glancing back on me as he hurried us forwards. His face caught me off guard, his nose bent at an awkward angle with dried blood on and around his face the clear sign of it being broken. With our four men fighting the governments four, it left enough time for Mike and I to run to where Jaxon is at this moment and continue on with the plan. My chest rose and fell heavily as I followed Mike towards the stairs that lead down towards the basement, him dragging me the only thing making me move quickly. We entered a narrow corridor that had stairs leading down below.

'There is lots of men down there now, some human some not.' Mike informed me as we went down. Cries of war was quickly approaching as their yelling rebounded off the walls growing louder and louder the quicker we descended.

'Stay close.' He instructed to me and I nodded, taking an extra step in closer to his body as he instructed. The warmth from his body radiated onto me and his presence made me feel the slightest bit safer going into this, however my body and mind craved for Jaxon and his protection knowing he'd be more comforting and genuinely ease my mind.

We hit the bottom of the stairs, the instant smell of dead bodies and blood filling my nose making me almost dry heave my stomach content. The bodies scattered on the floor and much like the ground level, the bodies lay dead in awkward angles, dark red patches on their clothes from being stabbed or shot by lethal bronze bullets and daggers, pools of blood forming around their bodies.

Tearing my eyes from the sight, I looked around trying to find Jaxon. About fifty men filled the large, lifeless room, many from both sides all equally leveled with abilities leaving the fighting a pure combat one. Daggers littered the floors as men were left to beat each other to death or rummage for whatever weapon was closest to them in desperation. Grunts and groans of pain flooded my ears watching men stumble and try to regain balance to save their lives.

'They're in the side room.' Mike yelled over the loud sounds vibrating of the walls and I nodded my head, eyes wide in fright as fear pulsated throughout my body. The dagger in my hand tightened considerably in my hands in watching the battles in process, the ruthless swing and blows being thrown. Sickening cracks of bones breaking, flesh ripping and cries of pain filled my ears sounds that I desperately tried to block out but to no avail. Mikes strong hold on my hand tugged me forwards as I trailed behind him as we raced from people's sights to the room.

'You're taking the innocent lives!' A loud voice boomed from a door that sat just ajar in front of us. I couldn't recognize the voice as we neared closer and closer to it, my heart rose to my throat in anticipation and when Mike threw the door open I almost cried, but from what emotion I'm not so sure.

Jaxon and who I presumed to be Dean stood in the room circling each other with a few others littered around. This room much like that last is considerably large and I clearly remember not seeing it on the blueprints. Relief flooded through me from seeing Jaxon alive and standing, not necessarily strong but he is still standing. Fear coursed throughout me seeing Dean for the very first time. He too, like Jaxon, stood at a tall height maybe being an inch taller than Jaxon. His hair is light brown, the light shade complementing his tanned skin and muscles physique. Dean's shirt lay ripped, hanging half off his shoulder exposing his toned torso and shoulder, only a few swirls staining his skin.

'You did the same.' Jaxon spat back at him. The cold temperature of the room make my skin prickle from the vast change in temperature, it being so cold that when I breathed out a puff of steam and condensation came from my mouth. I hid behind Mike's body shivering, unaware on what to do in this situation. In the back of my mind I couldn't help but wonder how Jaxon was handling the cold and if it was draining him or not. The unfair disadvantage was clearly strategically planned on Deans behalf, the secret room nobody knows about with the freezing temperature can't be a coincidence.

Both of the men weren't going at each other, yet the tension and evident hate towards one another is clear and I couldn't predict when one of them would snap.

Bright green eyes met mine as I gasped slightly, my gaze meeting with Deans and a small smirk fell over his full lips.

'Looks like your little girlfriend decided to make an appearance.' Dean smirked at Jaxon, nodding his head in my direction. Instantly Jaxon turned to meet my gaze. I turned to look at Jaxon, thrilled to see him with next to no damage on his body, his tanned skin littered with small cuts and bruises but not nearly in as bad as shape as Dean.

'Get her out of here.' Jaxon demanded to Mike, his eyes locked on mine even though his command was to Mike. The once harsh glare directed to Dean softened when his eyes locked on mine and my heart fluttered from the caring look he gave me.

'Watch out!' I yelled to Jaxon, my happiness plummeting just as my heart had when I saw Dean moving to strike Jaxon from behind. I couldn't bear watching Jaxon be hurt and be attacked so I let my instinct take over and ran towards Jaxon in hopes of helping him from Dean's attack. I didn't make it further than a step before a harsh grip caught my wrist, pulling me back into a solid body.

'Let me go!' I yelled, knowing it was Mike and wanting to get to Jaxon. I thrashed around in his arms but to no avail, his demon abilities of extra strength compared to human coming into play as he stood there and received my weak blows. My body felt heavy as I struggled in his arms, some of the adrenaline wearing down and the fatigue setting in from the actual getting into the building.

'Jaxon!' I screamed, watching as Dean's fish collided with the back of Jaxon's head as he was in the mid rotation of turning around. 'You're dead Dean, fucking dead!' I screamed at him still struggling in Mike's hold.

Jaxon staggered slightly, his eyes slightly wide from the unexpected hit before he turned around to face Dean, arms raised in self-defense. His back is now to me but I could tell from his body language that his stance is strong and he is ready to fight.

'Mike, get her out of here.' Jaxon instructed, his eyes not leaving Dean.

'Jaxon, you can't m-'

'Now!' His voice boomed, cutting me off mid-sentence. Unwanted tears sprung to my eyes as I blinked, hating the fact that the plan for the battle was failing as much as a fish trying to live on land.

Before I could retaliate, Deans pain filled cry filled the room, echoing around the large space as he fell to his knees, hands clutching his temples as he tried his best to stagger to his feet. His groaning was filled of immense pain and I physically cringed from the sound. I have no clue what Jaxon is doing to him, my guess being a major headache or bursting small blood vessels in his head to a point of severe pain and not death.

Heavy thudding of boots snapped me from staring at the scene in front of me, my eyes snapping to the door to make sure nobody who could be a lot of danger to us appeared.

'No,' I whispered under my breath as Josh entered the room, my heart skipping a beat in my chest.

'Get out of here.' He demanded to me, storming straight over to me not even bothering about who is in the room. Mike stepped in front of me to avoid Josh from approaching any closer but in a quick movement, Josh's fist snapped out colliding with his face. As soon as Mike was on the ground Josh didn't hesitate to plunge the dagger into his chest. My eyes widened as I took a small step backwards from him, the all too familiar emotion of fear sparking in me once again. From the corner of my eye I saw Dean somehow retaliate to Jaxon, a fire lighting and burning on the skin on his arm.

I felt torn knowing right now Josh wanted me out of here but I need to help Jaxon. Without him in my life I would feel empty and I needed him as a necessity of survival.

'Olivia, don't make me tell you again.' He said stepping forwards. My hand shot out that clasped the dagger but it must have been too predictable. The dagger dropped to the ground, the clanging of the metal on the concrete floor sparking a clanging sound and it's the moment my heart dropped. Josh's boot collided with the dagger as he kicked it away, his eyes locking with mine in an intense gaze warning me.

'You don't need to die by doing this.' Josh said, his voice almost sounding as though he is pleading with me too leave. 'Don't make us kill you.'

I shook my head, raising my hands in front of my face in self-defense however I know that it's pointless. Josh got his status of third in command from being an amazing combat fighter and with only two weeks of self-defense training I stand no chance.

'You want this? You want to die?' Josh questioned complexly exasperated. 'All because you fell in love with a monster?'

'He's not a monster.' I spat back at him defending Jaxon.

'Monster or not, you're risking your life for a demon. What happens when you turn old and he stays the same? When you die and he lives on?' He asked, voicing the doubts that had once swirled in my mind. 'Why end it all early for some boy?'

'Would you risk your life to save Bek?' I questioned him back, a fire to my words. From the look of defeat on his face I knew I was right. 'Don't criticize me and turn into a hypocrite. Now either l-leave, o-or fight me.' I stuttered, urging him on and probably making one of the stupidest choices of my life knowing I stand no chance.

The loud thump snapped me from my stare contest with Josh watching him contemplate his decisions. Dean was thrown to a wall I watched as Dean struggled to move from the force Jaxon used to pin him down with. Jaxon looked angry as he glared at Josh, clearly having heard the conversation between the two of us but being tied up with fighting Dean he had no way of helping. Even through his anger I saw how tired Jaxon looks. From disabling the border around the building, fighting and killing so many men and the freezing temperature in the room, the fatigue was catching up to him and it felt like a rock in my stomach when I realized this.

'Get the fuck away from her.' Jaxon snapped, Josh too, like Dean, flying backwards and landing on the wall, the concrete and body colliding making a thump as Josh groaned.

'Jaxon,' I chocked and shakily ran to him, his strong arms weakly holding me as I clung to his firm body. The feeling of safeness and home flooded me as my lips pressed against every visible bruise I saw, my mind forgetting of the environment we are in and only focusing on how Jaxon was finally back in my arms, somewhat unscathed.

'Liv,' he whispered, his lips bending down to meet mine, the second lasting peck on the lips sparking the sense of bliss in me, my mind glad and reassured he is okay.

'Finish this now,' I demanded to him, cupping his cheek. Under his eyes that are alive and scanning the room even though set on me are large dark circles, making his youthful face look tired, stressed and exhausted. 'You're almost drained. Stick to the plan, and let's get out of here.' He nodded his head in agreement.

'Isn't this cute?' Dean's once velvety voice croaked from laying in a heap on the ground. 'The bad guys finally have a victory,' His dry voice let out an amused huff, mockery lacing his words.

'Fuck off Dean.' I spat at him, Jaxon's arm protectively holding around my waist as I went to move forwards he held me back.

'Feisty.' He chuckled. 'Did you always behave like this?' He asked and anger fumed within me.

'See how you corrupted her Jaxon? She used to be innocent and nice. But now, now she looks at me like I deserve death.' Another chuckle left his lips.

'Shut the fuck up Dean!' Jaxon yelled, squeezing my hip momentarily before leaving my side and flashing the distance to dean. Instantly his fist connected with dean jaw forcibly despite his tired state. 'Your life will end in a misery of pain.' Jaxon spat, his foot flying forwards and kicking Dean in the stomach.

Dean groaned, rolling into a heap on the flood. He spat at Jaxon's feet, a pool of blood settling as another groan left his lips.

'Physical pain is only temporary.' Dean said as if his words were wise. 'Real pain is emotional pain.' Dead said, his voice growing colder. 'And Jaxon, your life is about to be pretty damn painful.'

Before anyone had time to react to his words, a hand roughly scratched at the top of my thigh. I turned around seeing Josh looking at me with sorrow in his eyes, his fist clenching onto the spare dagger I had attached to me in case of emergencies. Closing his eyes the dagger plunged towards me giving me no time to react.

'Olivia!' Jaxon's comforting voice yelled in desperation as I stood wide eyed, watching as the dagger sunk into my chest. The familiar bliss feeling buzz ignited in my body as I felt Jaxon's rough hands grab ahold of my body urgently, his full lips moving but nothing his sounds not making any sense in my brain.

My body feels weak and I felt my legs I've way, the face of Jaxon of my vision growing blurry as I tried to focus on him and listen into his voice but I couldn't. My head started spinning as small shots of pain jumped through my body as all the energy I always took for granted quickly started draining from my body without my consent. Jaxon's face started growing even blurrier, soon the distinguishable features of white pupils and dark brown eyes faded, his black wavy hair falling to his face now spreading across my whole vision and growing darker and longer until it was my pure vision as everything tuned black.

No dreams, no energy, no feeling.

Just a cold, numb black.

***

So, the weather?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

197K 5.7K 62
Hi Readers, Before you read this book, I just wanted to say that I am currently in the process of rewriting this story. Changes, whether they are bi...
13.4M 407K 44
COMPLETED: 24/02/17 *Warning: LABELLED MATURE. Due to sexual content and graphic language, this book is recommended for readers 17+ in age* Rising bo...
318K 10.7K 40
17 year old Alexis has been abused ever since her mom died when she was 16 by her stepfather and stepbrother. She thinks she might as well die. But t...
477 30 28
He's always there and she never knows. He respects her privacy and to everyone who knows him thinks it's strange. There's something about her he can'...