Bad is an Understatement | ✓

By IvyKnightWP

"I don't know who you think you are coming here, and acting like you don't care about anything. Now listen he... More

All Rights Reserved
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Summary
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30: The start of Winter Break
Chapter 31: First Night
Chapter 32: Revenge is a Bitch
Chapter 33: Shopping!
Chapter 34: History
Chapter 35: The call
Chapter 36: Neighbours
Chapter 37: Is Santa here yet?!
Chapter 38: It's Christmas!
Chapter 39: Curiosity killed the Cat
Chapter 40: No more lies
Chapter 41: Hide
Chapter 42: Road Trip
Chapter 43: More Time
Chapter 44: I Made The Bad Boy Cry
Chapter 45: Happy New Year!
Chapter 46: Canada?!
Chapter 47: Home
Chapter 48: One
Chapter 49: Keeping Your Enemies Close
Epilogue
FOLLOW AMORA NEXT

Chapter 3

274K 7.9K 1.7K
By IvyKnightWP

A wave of tiredness was washed over me. I could see the sun peeking in through the blinds but my mind kept saying wait for the alarm.

I turn to my side and seconds later I feel a pillow land on my back. An unpleasing groan escapes my lips and I turn back around, "What?!"

"Turn that stupid thing off, it's been going on for over an hour!" Jen's morning voice speaks.

"An hour?" I repeat skeptically grabbing my phone. Surely, it had been an hour. The clock displayed seven thirty two causing me to panic. I throw the sheets off myself and run over to my closet. I grab whatever comes in hand making my way over to the bathroom.

Quickly, I change into a blue polka-dotted romper, and tie my hair up into a messy pony tail. I apply a little bit of blush just to highlight my cheekbones. After I get out of the bathroom, I'm welcomed with the most nauseating smell of vomit and raw eggs. Just great.

My eyes land on Jen who was passed out on her bed in a dress. Someone got a little too drunk last night.

Walking over to my closet, I quickly put on a gold necklace, a gold bracelet, and a blue rhinestone ring to match my outfit. Since I didn't apply any eyeliner or mascara, like I usually do, I put on a pair of sunglasses to hide my bare eyes. I check my phone which displayed seven fifty three.

On the way out, I grab my brown side bag. The hallways were almost all empty allowing me to to reach my class on time. The bell rings the second I take my first step in class and I visibly relax as my shoulder slump down.

Considering there were only two seats left, I walk over to them at the very top of class. As I take my seat, I could feel my cheeks heat up because I was the last one to come into class, and all the eyes were on me. Being the new student was already bad enough, but now I was also gaining more attention for being late. Not forgetting to mention, that I'm also wearing sunglasses inside. I probably being judged so hard right now.

Ignoring the slight glances I got from students now and then, I reach into my bag and grab my pack of gum. I chew on one hoping it'll help my morning breath.

"Good morning class, I'm Professor James Henderson," the professor starts. He didn't look that old, but did have some noticeable white hair even from where I sat. He was wearing a red plaid shirt which was tucked into his beige coloured pants. His outfit was then completed with a black leather watch, brown leather shoes, and a brown leather belt.

"Now please, before I start todays lesson, let me start by clearly stating" - he takes a pause for effect-," that if you are not willing to show up to class, not willing to turn in your homework before, or on the due date, and not willing to pay attention during class, you may leave now."

All the students turn their heads, their eyes curious to see who was brave enough to actually take his offer. Silence was the only thing that echoed in my ears until the door opens and Heath walks in," I'm here!"

"Ah, Mr. Levers, I was wondering where you were. I hope you have a good explanation as to why you were late. Wouldn't want to be pulled off the basketball team before the season even starts, now would you?"

The prof must really hate Heath to know him by his name. I'm sure he did something to the prof and now the prof is trying to put Heath's basketball career on the line.

"Now James," Heath starts confidently. "I, unlike you actually have a life."

"Oh really? Now, may I know what your life had in store for you last night that made you come to class late?"

"Unlike you I wasn't watching Netflix and crying over my ex girlfriend. I actually got laid," he smirks as he walks past a stunned teacher.

"Hey, there Princess," Heath says wiggling his eyebrows as he annoyingly takes the seat next to me. With all my force, I bite down on my tongue and turn my attention to the front. It's the first day of class and I was not going to let Heath ruin it for me.

But basketball, really? Why couldn't he play other sports like wrestling or football? Basketball was one of the rare things that I enjoy. I drown myself in useless thoughts.

"Hey Princess?" he says breaking my thoughts. "Drooling over me already?"

My hand shoots up to my lips. Feeling them dry, a scowl forms on my face when I not Heath's lips tug onto an amused smirk. I roll my eyes at his not at all amusing behaviour, and pay attention to the teacher.

"So, a very good decision you've all made by staying in class, but you better live up to it. I'm not a very patient teacher, and it'll take only three mistakes for me to take some serious actions."

"Hey, Princess?" Heath starts again. " Princess? Do you remember the deal? Princess?" he now starts poking me, but I don't give in.

"Princess? Hey? Are you actually deaf?" my jaw clenches. The urge to reply to him was now overwhelming and I don't know how much longer I could stop myself for.

"You two!" the prof yells. "This is not kindergarten."

"Try telling him that," I mumble to myself.

"I'm here to teach you. Mr. Levers and Ms. King please exit the classroom for today."

My eyes widen in shock," Wait, what? No I-he-,"

"Ms. King I did not expect this from you. This is your first warning, and Mr. Levers this is your second."

"You can't just kick me out of class I wasn't even talking. You have to give me another chance," I stand up. I paid to be in this class and he can't just kick me out without knowing the full story.

"Ms. King, I'm the teacher, I can do whatever I want."

"No you can't. Just because you're the teacher does it mean you're not going to pay tax? No. Professor, this is against the rules. Everyone deserves a second chance no matter what. Most of us paid to be in this class, and I'm pretty sure nobody wants to waste it by getting themselves kicked out. I'm actually really sorry, and I promise this won't happened again."

"Ms. King you're not going to give up without a fight are you?" I nod my head. "Okay, one last chance I better not hear anything from you two," he clears his throat," Now. Yes, where was I?..."

I zone the professor's voice out as I glare at Heath. I'm not going to get pulled off the basketball team because of him. "

Wow you even talk back to the teacher. Impressive," he says smirking.

"Get lost," I say trying to focus on Professor James Henderson's ongoing lecture.

"I'm already lost in your beauty," he replies with a cliche pick up line.

"You should be thanking me I just saved you from almost getting pulled off the team. You owe me. So remember this," I state. It wasn't a lie, I did just save his poor ass.

"You wouldn't have done it if it had nothing in it for you. I just came along as baggage which benefitted me. I owe you nothing," his reply was surprisingly correct. I roll my eyes, and this time actually focus on the not so fascinating lecture.

*********

"Hey, you're awake and you... look. Horrible," the words leave my mouth before I could even think of something nice to say. I close the room's door and look at Jen who looked she was suffering from a horrible hangover.

"Wow, way to make a girl feel special," Jen says sarcastically. "And you're welcome I spent the whole day getting your mattress cleaned, and trying to make this room smell more like roses rather than puke and raw eggs."

"Well, thank you," I thank her. "But I wasn't the one who puked, so we were both at fault for this smell. How was the party though?"

"Good. Until I met this guy and we ended up making out in one of the rooms. Then, one thing led to another. It wasn't even normal sex; it felt so different."

"How about we keep the details on a minimum?" I suggest. I promised myself that school was going to be before everything. Including guys, so listening Jen's sex stories wasn't going to help with that.

"Yeah, well I don't even remember his face or name. I really thought we had something more going, but he wasn't in bed when I woke up."

"Hey," I scold her for frowning. I take a seat next to her on the bed," It's okay. You'll meet a lot of guys in your life. Some will only stay for one night, but one will be there every night and even day. Forget about this guy, and enjoy your life as a single pringle."

"Haha," she giggles. "You're right," she smiles. "So you want to explain what happened in here last night?"

"Hmm. Your brother, is what happened," I exaggerate.

"Seriously?" she says like she was actually shocked. "What clearly happened?"

"Well it was very cliche. They started by trying to scare me by knocking on the door, and turning off the lights. I knew someone was trying to prank me, but I had no idea it could be them. I kind of got locked out of the room, so I went outside to get some air, but instead got drenched in raw eggs and spoiled milk. I controlled all urges of decapitating your brother, because we ended up making a deal."

"Seriously?! Why didn't you decapitate him?" she whines. "And what kind of deal?"

I stop laughing at the way she actually wanted me to kill her brother and continue, "The deal was we can and will prank each other wherever, whenever. The person that loses has to do one thing that the winner tells them to do."

"How do you lose?"

"When one of us admits to the person, to their face that they've had enough."

"So have you decided what you're going to make him do, after you win?" Jen asks.

"What makes you so sure I'll win?"

"Because you're not like the other girls. That, a...nd I'm going to help you," she grins mischievously.

"Yes!" we high five each other.

"This is going to be a good year," she states and we both laugh.

A/N:

Not much action. How'd ya like? The more comments/votes I get the faster I'll update! Thanks for reading!

Follow-Comment-Vote-Share!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

177 42 12
He smirks, "You've finally cracked." I furrow my eyebrows, "You were baiting me? Jerk, just turn off your music!" "Or what?" He asks teasingly. "Or...
136K 4.5K 31
[ COMPLETED] Excerpt: Come in." I said pulling him into my office. "I'm actually glad you came. I was going to call you and tell you that, ev...
13K 507 36
I can remember it like it was yesterday....because it was. "You think you can handle working with me?" He asked smirking. I rolled my eyes, "You're n...
4.2M 76K 78
"You broke my first rule," I whispered in her left ear as I pulled down her underwear under the table slowly with my hungry fingers. "Why are you wea...