I Want You to Stay | Jungkook

بواسطة mimiswriting

Working for Jungkook isn't the same as working for Hoseok. For starters, Jungkook doesn't smile, he doesn't a... المزيد

Part 00
Part 01
Part 02
Part 03
Part 04
Part 05
Part 06
Part 07
Part 08
Part 09
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Part 29
Part 30
Part 31
Part 32
Part 33
Part 34
Part 35
Part 36
Part 37
Part 38
Part 39
Part 40
Part 41
Part 42
Part 43
Part 44
Part 45
Part 46
Part 47
Part 48
Part 49
Part 50
Part 51
Part 52
Part 53
Part 54
Part 55
Part 56
Part 57
Part 58
Part 60
Part 61
Part 62
Part 63
Part 64
Part 65
Part 66
Part 67
Part 68

Part 59

588 61 1
بواسطة mimiswriting

**

You sit on your desk that Monday morning and try to act as if all your contrasting emotions aren't weighing heavily on you.

Being with your friends over the weekend helped, as you took the train to meet them this time and told them everything that's happened. You apologized for not telling them right away, but they knew that it was important for you to feel everything on your own first and try to figure it out. You said you really hadn't - deciding to leave seemed so simple but the feelings and the truth complicated them, and now you're left with a broken heart and the belief that Jungkook won't forgive you, that he won't want you anymore, that he'll just let you walk away without any closure.

Soomin and Jimin just held you and listened. They knew from the start it would be difficult. Your past wasn't something you talked about so easily, and it took you years to even tell them your story, how you ended up in Busan and why you had to return to Daegu because it was already safe for you to go back home. There was no judgment, only support, even when you decided to enter the company and work for the people that you felt you owed your life to.

Their resentment towards Jungkook stemmed from how he treated you at the beginning; they knew that yours was the same. But they never questioned your sincerity when it came to how you felt - you're never like this, they said. It takes a lot for you to let someone in and ties to his family isn't enough for that. If anything, that's what told them it was real - you would've tried hard to control the feelings but you still gave in, and for you to think he was worth that even for the briefest moment means he probably was.

Their perspective affirmed you in a way. This wasn't just some silly crush on your boss, but this also wasn't something you could just easily forget or get over. Your happiness always comes first, and it may look like a life with him in it, but it doesn't mean he gets to be part of it right now. It's also possible it's one without him, and if it is, then you're just going to have to learn to accept that.

You sigh to yourself. You're in no better place than you were last week, but at least you have less days left in being here. But then again, that also just means the closer you are to really saying goodbye.

You go through your checklist of things to turn over and do before you leave, and while you're halfway through, putting together event and project portfolios and documenting best practices still takes a lot of time.

You're about to begin your first task of the day when you hear rushed footsteps. Lucas scurries over to your side to leave his things then grabs some folders.

"Hey, is everything okay?" You ask the visibly stressed man next to you.

"Uh, yeah," he responds. "Mr. Jeon called for a meeting about the Arts Center and there are changes. He wants to add something."

"At this stage?" You ask worriedly.

"Yeah. It seems like it's quite a bit of work. I'm... I'm freaking out because this is a really big project and —I"

"Won't disappoint him, I'm sure of it," you try to comfort him. "You'll be fine, Lucas. Just take a breath and take it one step at a time. I'll be right here."

You smile at him warmly, hoping that the bit of encouragement would help. The opening is a few weeks from now. At this point, focus should just be on finishing touches, finalizing government certifications, and promotion, but with how Lucas seems a bit rattled, the changes might indeed be a bit overwhelming.

He excuses himself to prepare the conference room and get the team then leaves, and as you're about to follow him, Jungkook exits his office then stands by the hallway.

"Ms. Cho," he calls out, prompting you to stay in your place. "There is no need for you to attend the meetings about the Arts Center."

You're taken aback by his statement but you recover.

"But... it's opening in a few weeks, sir. There's lots to do, and Lucas just said there are changes," you counter. "If there's anything I can do to help, you know I would."

"I know that," he says. "And I'm saying that there's no need this time. The team can manage. You've taught them well."

"But—"

"You've tendered your resignation, Ms. Cho," he reminds you, his tone a little softer than it's been recently. "Your remaining days here are meant for turnover and mentoring Lucas in his general functions, and not to take on added or continuing responsibilities."

He may have a point, but it doesn't take away from your sadness over no longer knowing how the preparations are going. You've become invested in the Arts Center this past year, too, and while you knew you had to let that go as well, it doesn't mean it's easy.

"Understood, sir," you concede, bowing your head down in submission. "I'll continue with my reports, then."

He just nods, and you don't miss the tinge of apology in his eyes. He leaves, and you're left alone again; you think that's how you've been feeling all this time.

You get on with your task, and it's not long after when Hoseok enters, his bright smile only doing little to raise your spirits.

"Hey, ___," he greets. "How are you holding up?"

"Just fine," you try to smile. "Are you looking for Jungkook? He's not here right now. He's meeting the team about the Arts Center and if you're wondering why I'm not there, it's because he didn't want me to be. First he replaces me, and then he excludes me and I just feel so... I..."

"Seems like you're less than fine," Hoseok says sullenly. "I'm so sorry, ___. I know this has been hard for you. For both of you."

You know it is. But you suppose that you and Jungkook deal with difficulties differently.

"You... you understand why I had to do this, right?" You ask.

"I do," he affirms, his eyes softening even further. "And so does Jungkook. And that's the hard part. He doesn't want you to go but he knows you have to do this for yourself. I guess... Your decisiveness hurt him. And with what I'm seeing now, I guess his acceptance hurt you, too."

"I... I'm such a mess. Maybe I deserve all this," you sigh. "How could I kiss him, push him away, leave him, want him, but can't bring myself to be with him?"

"Because you're human and could want things that you're afraid of? Because it's possible to want to find yourself while also being next to someone else yet still think it's not enough?" Hoseok says. "It's normal to feel all this, ___. But figuring things out also takes time. Don't be too hard on yourself, okay? Not knowing what to do now is understandable."

"I... I only have a few weeks left here," you say softly. "Maybe this is how he wants this all to end."

"What about you? Is this how you want it to end?"

"I don't know, but maybe it's easier," you try to convince yourself. "It's easier to walk away when I know I'm not wanted. Maybe that's what I made him feel, and I can't blame him if that's what he wants me to feel in return."

"Oh, ___," Hoseok shakes his head, knowing it's not the truth. "You and Jungkook just need to talk. Then you'd know you want the same things."

"Maybe... but we're not good at that. And it doesn't mean we want the same things at the same time," you reason.

"So it's about timing, then?"

"I guess. But we're not good at that either," you laugh dryly at the absurdity of it. "Look, even without all this, he already has a lot of things in his mind. The biggest project of his life is about to be unveiled soon and I... I have a life to live after this. I'm doing what I should've done years ago and the least I could do for myself is stand by the decision I made. I know I'd regret it if I stayed. I don't want to regret the way I walked away."

It's a thought you're slowly coming to, as you look back at how the week has been. You've been receiving nothing but praise and encouragement from your colleagues. You've been getting emails from various companies that want to recruit you after you put your resume through an online job site. There are so many possibilities now that you've put one foot out the door, and while you know of the possibilities you're also leaving behind, you know deep down that you would've regretted it if you stayed, and you don't want to tie that decision to Jungkook and end up resenting him for it.

The only thing that's been keeping you down is what that decision is doing to you and Jungkook. It's one you hope you're able to fix, or at least mend enough that you'll only have the good memories with you, and that so would he.

"I'm just really sorry," Hoseok says, knowing that much as he'd like to help you and his cousin sort things out, it's difficult when neither of you are unable to sort out your own feelings. "But I'm not just here to talk about that. I... I wanted to give you this."

Hoseok hands you a sealed envelope and you look at him curiously.

"I know Jungkook gave you his recommendation letter, but I thought another one won't hurt," he smiles, letting you feel the warmth of it.

You know that companies usually just call for references, but a letter like this - especially from a well-known corporation's top executive - gives you an advantage that others don't have. You suppose that when you received one from Jungkook, it was a show of support. You have no doubt that with Hoseok, it's him telling you that he'll always have your back, wherever you may be.

"Oh, Hoseok," you say, feeling all the emotions come at once.

It's insane to think that almost a year ago, you were in this same spot with him encouraging and assuring you that he'll always be around. Back then, you were anxious about being led by someone new who you knew was nothing like the man you admired. And now you're here again, and Hoseok is giving you that same comfort that he always has, and the thought that you won't even be in the same building as him is causing a crack in your heart. You hope one day, you'll be able to fully express just how much his kindness has given you hope and so much to look forward to.

"Thank you," you smile through your glassy eyes. "You... you've taught me so much. I hope you know that much of the confidence I have now is because of you. I'm terrified of this new journey but I'm confident that I'll do well. You believed in me first and I'll never forget that."

"Being a good leader is something I learned to become because of you, ___. And because of the team. I admire you for so many things, and I'm pretty sure that wherever you choose to go, the company will be so lucky to have you."

"I hope so," you remark, knowing that's another thing you have to deal with. "I... I have a few options. A few companies have reached out but there's a publishing house that I'm leaning towards. I met the editor some time ago and that encounter just stuck with me and I feel like that kind of environment would suit me."

"That's great to know," he says excitedly. "I can't wait to hear about it. A-yeong and I will take you out to dinner once things have settled down, okay?"

"That would be great. I can't wait for that, too."

Hoseok bids you goodbye, leaving you alone with your thoughts for the next two hours. Whatever changes are happening with the Arts Center must be big, as it's taking the team this long to iron things out.

It's close to lunch time when the meeting ends. Jungkook walks in while on a call, while Lucas sits next to you looking a little stressed.

"Everything alright?" You ask.

"Yeah. There are just last minute changes but Mr. Jeon's on top of it," Lucas says. "He just wants us to make sure we're on top of the other things and I'm honestly still familiarizing myself with the details of the Arts Center. I'm just nervous I'm gonna miss something."

"Hey, that's what I'm here for," you assure him. "I know you were just thrust into this at such a critical time where you don't have much leeway to adjust and that's on me and I'm sorry. But that's also why I'm gonna make sure that I'll help you as much as I can."

"Thanks, I need that," Lucas sighs. "I can't help but think that a year ago, I was almost supposed to be here. I mean, we can talk about it now. Mr. Jeon said he planned on taking me with him because he doesn't want a new assistant that he has to get used to, you know? I always knew he hated change and I was the one thing that was familiar but it didn't work out. Even I knew it wasn't gonna happen - CEO Jeon approves these appointments and the EA of the VP needs to be familiar with the company culture and process and I wasn't. I wasn't really upset but I let myself think of living in Seoul for a short while and it seemed exciting. But things happen for a reason, and I think if I had to adjust then while helping Mr. Jeon with this project, I probably would've caved in and quit."

Lucas turns to you with a smile. "What I mean to say is that, I admire you so much for being able to manage all this. And I know I have incredibly big shoes to fill and I think I'm more terrified about that, but I'm really thankful that you're there to guide me, ___. Whatever tip and strategy and cheat sheet you can provide will be much appreciated."

"Of course," you assure him. "I've got spreadsheets and checklists and profiles and guidelines to turn over to you. And I'm always a call away, okay?"

He nods in gratitude, and you tell him that you both have time to sort through all those and that you'll be finished in time for your last day. You agree on having lunch together so you could talk about the Board members and the other executives, and he says he has to see Jungkook first to get his signatures for some documents.

"Oh, can you, uh, can you give this to him, too?" You ask, passing him your leave request. It was during your time alone when you decided when to take them, knowing that you're gonna slowly have to get used to being away from this place as well.

Lucas takes it then returns shortly after with your signed form. There's relief in knowing you get to organize your life somehow. There are interviews to attend and a lot of your things to fix. There are feelings to make sense of, too.

And as you and Lucas talk about his move and the worry and excitement he feels, you think that you've got to stop thinking of goodbyes. There's a life for you out there, and if by some way you find Jungkook in there, too, then at least you'd know you chose him, and that if he'd forgiven you then, then you're assured that he's chosen you, too.

**

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

4.4K 463 7
"Look, I don't care. You can't trust people, and we need to protect what's ours, okay? So do us all a favor and take off those rose-colored glasses."...
232K 10.9K 34
You convinced Jungkook to break up years ago so he could pursue his lifelong baseball dream. Now he's back home, staring at you, and the little boy n...
1M 47K 44
"Oh please Jungkook, everyone knows you're just an innocent baby boy." "Well, I guess not everyone knows me then." ______________ You're a 24 year ol...
2.4M 155K 54
Being prim and proper is not in Taehyung's vocabulary. He is the total opposite of the word innocent, if solely based on his actions. However, he is...