Arranged Marriage | Taennie

By vnnie_mylovee

People has dreams, but they dont always come true. They see your smile but not the pain behind it. Most impor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (pt.1)
Chapter 28 (pt.2)
Chapter 29

Chapter 19

177 13 3
By vnnie_mylovee

Seoul, South Korea
19th February.

Another couple of days passed in. And these days just went by planning about the wedding. The days were all about busyness. And today, the day was about being even busier. It was the day to go shopping for the wedding! And almost everyone went there. For the groom and the bride's shopping, Jennie, the bride, and her friends. And Taehyung, the groom, and his friends went. While the girls went shopping for dresses, gowns, shoes and accessories, the guys went shopping for suits and ties. The two sides went on completely different types of shopping. Like as always, the girls would go and buy a bunch of things while the boys just go for a few necessary things. Which were bringing the best suit for Taehyung and themselves.

The wedding planner also came that day. And she planned everything. And now, everything was quite ready. Except the two, who'll be getting married. They were not mentally ready yet. And they don't know whether they will or not. It was hard, to be honest. Preparing yourself for a marriage is like a once in a lifetime thing except when you marry multiple times. But the first marriage is the hardest one. Even if you love the other person, there is a lot of things that you need to get ready for and it's hard to do that. And this one's a arranged marriage which is like the worst ones. You get filled with so many mixed emotions that you feel like you're going crazy. But once it's done, you won't feel anything harder than that, but there is one more thing, getting close and falling in love, if that is ever possible. Question, will that happened to Taehyung and Jennie?

"No, I don't care. But let me tell you this, the person I'm getting married to is the worst man I have ever seen. He might be good looking but he has the worst personality! You see, every single time he talks to me, he brings the worst voice tone ever and replies with a bad attitude. He also has a bad behaviour that I already started hating over. He is the one who always ruins our conversations. And whenever I want to talk back kindly he cuts me off, obviously because he hates me and doesn't want me to talk to him. Tell me, how would you feel if someone does that to you?" Jennie spoke ragingly. Basically talking about the bad sides of Taehyung. And the other girls just sighed looking at her.

"You guys didn't even get married yet and this already started? What will you do after the marriage then??" Chaeyoung said.

"I don't know! Tell me.." Jennie looked around as she sipped on her latte.

"Unnie, how come you could say all this about him? You guys didn't even have a proper conversation yet. Try having one first, na!" Lisa said.

"Andwae, we already had a conversation. And you could call it the most 'proper' one." Jennie replied.

"When? Is it just the small talk you two had the day when you first met?" Chaeyoung asked.

"No! We had a conversation just a few days ago.. cause our parents told us to.." Jennie replied.

"Unnie, you need to understand him. He is suffering too, just like how you are. He is also going through a lot of pain. He has the same feelings as you do. You just have to get close with him, even if he avoids you. Cause in such relationships like this, the girl is the one who have to fix up everything. You need to help him, unnie. You gotta understand him." Lisa spoke.

"What if he doesn't?"

"He does. He does have those things happening inside of him, like you. Jen, you just need to help him out of it, talk back even if he doesn't want to reply you. You have to grow the relationship more and more, day by day." Sana said.

"Ugh... you just don't understand me! Why are you defending him over me?" Jennie pouted. Chaeyoung chuckled and pinched her cheeks.

"Haha, no Jen. We are not defending him over you. You should be the one defending him instead of talking bad about him. Jen, he needs someone in his life, to ease his pain and his loneliness. And you're the perfect one for him. But he won't admit that. So you have to do it for him. You better prove him before he finds somebody else. Hm? Can you listen to us this time?" Chaeyoung soothingly told Jennie.

"But..."

"No but's! Let's go shopping now!!" Chaeyoung grabbed Jennie's hands and the other girls followed the two, chuckling.

They just went to the cafe before going for the shopping. Since it would take a long time, they decided to hang out and eat something first. And now that they're done, they went in their way to the shopping mall.

You need to think of me too.. he is hurting me already.. Jennie thought. Her lips still pouted, eyes holding back the tears that were willing to stream down right now.

Her friends didn't think of her side at all. They didn't understand how hurt she was just because of that Taehyung. He has a really bad attitude and his personality is even worst. He hates her already. He does. She has no doubts for that. Taehyung hates her, which is why he doesn't want to hear her voice, listen to her words and have longer conversations. How could her friends defend someone like him over her?? That hurted even more.. and she had to shop for her wedding with the aching heart.

Jennie still remembers the first day. The first day, when they met. His eyes were sparkling when he admired her, but all that sparkles are gone by now. It's replaced with darkness. He looks at her with his eyes darkened. Which was hurtful. People only does that to you when they hate you, right? Why does Taehyung hate her? She didn't do anything. She didn't plan this wedding. Sure, she is not as perfect as him, not the right one for him, but what could she do? It's their parents fault. Why can't he show his bad side to his parents? They are responsible for this. They are blamed. But Jennie doesn't want Taehyung and his parents to have a bad bond, she just wishes that this marriage could be cancelled.. which isn't possible anymore.

They are engaged. But still no connections between them. She thought maybe after the engagement they would get together a little..? But no. It looks like, it got even messed up now. Then what will happened after the marriage?

"Jen, look at this! Isn't this the one you have been searching for??" Chaeyoung excitedly called out Jennie, showing the most perfect gown for a perfect girl. It's white like how most of the gowns are for weddings. It is like the gown you would always want in your future wedding, it'd be your dream to wear the dress.

Jennie snapped out from her thoughts only to find a gorgeous gown. Jennie scanned it, looking up and down to the end of the floor lengthed dress. It was even longer at the back side, like Elsa's dress in Frozen. Which is Jennie's favourite movie, she used to watch it over and over again when she was a teenager.

It also had a little bit of laces in different parts of the dress. Admiring it, Jennie quickly looked at Chaeyoung with a lot of excitement. And Chae nodded while smiling widely at her. "I know!"

"Chae... where did you find this?" Jennie asked as she looked around the huge shop, filled with gorgeous dresses and shoes. It's a shop where most of the people come to get wedding dresses or any other dresses for special events and occasions.

"From that corner. It has similar dresses like this one. You can give a look at them or just get this one." Chaeyoung pointed to the small space in the corner, that had only white dresses, basically for a wedding.

"Of course I need to think a little more. I can't just get this one without giving a look at the other ones!" Jennie swiftly walked there as the other girls followed her.

Looking at all the different kinds of gowns and dresses, and comparing them to the one that Chaeyoung showed her, Jennie thought for a long time. And finally looked back at the girls while sighing.

"So? Did you take any decisions?" Chaeyoung asked as she caressed Jennie's arms, while looking at her eyes.

"I don't really know.. I like all the dresses. Can you guys help me choose one out of it?" Jennie insisted and the girls nodded simultaneously at her.

"Yeah, of course!" they replied in unison and Jennie smiled.

As time passed, they choose the first dress that Chaeyoung showed to them. Well, Rosie posie really has a great choice in fashion, even though Jennie is the top icon in fashion, Chae has a great choice in it too. Chaeyoung's sixth sense works well!

Jennie also tried on that dress. It was so heavy. And putting it on took about ten minutes or more even though she took help from the staff to put it on. It was damn heavy, like so heavy. And she felt so hot after wearing it although it's still the end of the winter season. She have to wear it for about three to four hours straight in the wedding day, and she can't resist it for just five minutes! What will she do.. she can't sweat so badly in such day!

After paying and carrying the gown packed in a shopping bag, they headed towards another shop. And that day, they visited various shops. They brought dresses for themselves, brought accessories for Jennie and so much more. But the most time spent was for Jennie.

It was a long day, half wasted on shopping, not really wasted but consumed. When they reached back at Jennie's house, it was half past eight in the late evening. They showed her family the things that they bought, and they were really happy that Jennie actually brought herself so much things for one, very special day! They liked the white wedding gown alot.

"That's a great choice, Jen. You choose the most prettiest dress ever!" Jisoo complimented as Jennie chuckled and shook her head.

"Nope, its Chae who chose this dress. She is the one who showed us this. You should tell this to her instead," Jennie smiled.

"Oh. That's great, chaeyoung." Jisoo looked at Chaeyoung and eye-smiled.

"I just showed her a dress.. okay? Stop acting like I did such a big thing." Chaeyoung shyly said. Haha, introvert things.

"It's a very big thing, girl!" Lisa said.

"Exactly."

______

The boys went shopping that day as well. It was scheduled. So that everything could maintain a good timing, they planned things to do properly before the wedding starts. Taehyung coincidentally matched things with Jennie. Not planned. This was not planned. But somehow it happened. That's cool. That's such a lovey-dovey thing. Like.. couple things, even though they aren't couples. I mean they are. They are already engaged, which means they are already a couple. A couple. It's cute for Jennie but cringe for Taehyung. Jennie sometimes likes all the cute couples walking around, hand-in-hand and talking so lovelily. But not all of them. Cause she ain't really that interested in relationships and love. But she does a little unlike Taehyung who completely hates those. Like just hate it. Hate.

"Bro.. can you stop being so over dramatic? We know that you don't wanna get married but you can't do anything, right? So why don't you just pretend to be happy with the marriage instead of fighting with your parents, huh? They'll keep telling you that you're the one who agreed to their decision, when they literally gave you the chance to deny! I mean, it's not their fault anymore, it's you who could've disagreed." Jimin told to the mad Taehyung.

"Oh, yeah. And they would've just let me do that. There's two sides, two sides! And I'm just the one out of the two's." Taehyung replied, almost growling.

"As if she wants to get married!" Jimin said.

"Listen up, Tae, she doesn't want to be in this marriage either. She doesn't want this. But she can't do anything but just agree to it and do as she's told. And she can't protest either, cause she is the girl. But since you're a boy, you have the right to protest and say no, and if you say no, she will get the support to say the same. Understood? You could've said no and she would join in as well, result... wedding cancelled. Hm?" Jimin stated as Taehyung rolled his eyes at him.

"And they would still force..!"

"Force who??" Jimin asked. Wanting to hear 'us' which means Tae and Jen, the both of them.

"Force me!"

"And not her? That girl called Jennie? If the two of you are getting married forcefully, then only the two of you will be forced. Not just one person. And I'll agree that maybe they would've still insisted and forced you two to be married but at least try? Trying isn't bad right?" Jimin replied.

"Hyung, can you please stop mentioning her? God!" Taehyung angrily said.

"And why? If you're getting married with her then what's wrong with mentioning her?" Jimin asked rolling eyes sarcastically.

"It's because mentioning her in every single sentence is annoying! You don't have to bring her to literally all the conversations we have!" Taehyung replied.

"She is a human too, man."

"Doesn't mean you have to talk about her all the time!" Taehyung argued.

"All the time? Taehyung, why can't you understand? Speaking of the marriage means talking about her and you! Cause you two are getting married and every single affair is literally just all about you and her. And it doesn't mean that it's 'all the time' when I talk about this, just you who always talks bad about her and says shit about the marriage, so I always have to join you and mention all these just for you to understand but actually you never do! Tae, aren't you the one who always have to bring these topics to all the conversations? We are tired, Tae, tired of you acting like this!" Jimin argued back.

Taehyung sighed.

All the words that Jimin is saying are true. But he just can't stop talking back to it. He wanna fight with someone but it always ends up with this Jimin, who's honest as always. And he always have to stop at the end, because of how his words hypnotizes him.

Why is everything triggering him? Why does he have to say all this...

"You finally give up?" Jimin teasingly asked and burst out laughing after watching Taehyung's expressions.

Jungkook walked in, confused.

"Hyungs, what happened?" Jungkook asked, a brow raised.

"It's nothing.." Jimin continued laughing while teasing Taehyung.

"What's so funny, hyung?" Jungkook asked as he watched Jimin laugh so hard. Really, what did happened that he is laughing this much?

Looking at Taehyung, he understood. Jungkook wanted to laugh along but he controlled it, waiting for Jimin to answer with a confused expression.

"It's.. ahaha.. it's just this- its just this Taehyung.. arguing with me and then giving up all of a sudden. You know, our typical Taehyung," Jimin explained and laughed again.

"Oh. Lmao" is all that Jungkook said before laughing.

In the other hand, Taehyung burned in anger as he walked out of the room, making the two of them purse their lips and laugh again.

Well, nobody really understands him. Not even his closest friends. Why don't they understand? Why does they have to defend her instead of him? Every single time he talks about himself, his friends would bring Jennie. Like, she is suffering too. Okay sure, she is. And he knows that. But.. just think about him first? At least comfort him? No... never..

And the fact that, the same thing have been happening to Jennie lately. Her friends are thinking about Taehyung instead of her. They are defending him instead of her. Why are their best friends being like this? Why are they trying to go against their feelings.. can't they understand how much the two are suffering and how much pain they are going through? It's the same amount of pain. They should be judged equally. Actually their friends are thinking of each other. Like Taehyung's friends are thinking more about Jennie, while Jennie's friends are thinking about Taehyung more than her. Why though? Think about your friend first before her fiancè, na!

It's bad. Very, very bad. It's not nice at all. Treating your friends like this makes them more hurt more than how much hurt they are getting because of these things. It's more like betraying them.

How would they react if they were treated like this? Obviously be hurt. But seems like they would enjoy it like how they are right now.

Jennie cried again, terribly.

Taehyung was depressed. He wanted to cry. And he did.

How could they control their cries when they are in such situation? Your heart forces you to cry out loud, cause  crying sometimes clears your mind. Crying is the only way to escape the reality for a few moments. It keeps you busy. And the silence, just your voice hoarse and sobbing.. silence.. its the best.

Yea? Yeah.

———–

Yo? Sup. Are y'all doing good? And how's ur day going? Mine is terrible. Like summer.. its killing me. And I'm dead. Istg my skin is going tan because of the heated sun that's burning itself and us. I've never looked so ugly before until now, bcuz of the sweaty face I have throughout the day 😭😭 I wish I could rest inside the air conditioned but my mom will kill me if the electricity bills go insane 😔 + I gotta do other works that won't be possible inside the cool room :(

⚠️ spoiler: chapter 21 is the wedding day. Which means our lead characters, Taehyung and Jennie will finally be marriaged!

Are ya excited? Yasss me too!!

Anyways see ya in the next chapter byeee <33

- vnnie_mylovee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 299 21
Warning ⚠️ it's a mature fiction. 18+ to 21+ seen will be here. Please don't watch it if you are uncomfortable or if you want you can skip the mature...
56.1K 2K 59
Jennie comes from a rich family, but doesnt want to appear rich. She wants to be simply be normal like no other are. She likes to wear clothes that a...
80.1K 4K 43
Kim Taehyung a very popular model was in relationship of about 3 years there parents were against it he has forcefully married to Lee Jisoo a very po...
91.4K 5.4K 63
⟪A Blacktan fantasy au⟫ ❝𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮.❞ ────────────────────────── Jennie, a girl chained with her parent'...