Arranged Marriage | Taennie

By vnnie_mylovee

People has dreams, but they dont always come true. They see your smile but not the pain behind it. Most impor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (pt.1)
Chapter 28 (pt.2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 17

206 17 0
By vnnie_mylovee

The day before the engagement:

10th February, a day before the engagement. Both have been very nervous and stressed lately. Time was going too fast and they couldn't catch it. And after 24 hours, they'll officially be engaged and will be each others fiancè/fiancèe.

They weren't that busy though. The busyness will increase tomorrow, for Jennie. Cause she's gotta do alot of things tomorrow before the event starts. And since she is gonna be the bride, she'll be catching the most attention so its a must to prepare for that.

Before the day, all they did was prepare the venue, where the ceremony will be held. Other than that, they didn't have much works. But obviously the adults in the family were just so busy. They didn't have any lack of works at that time. All had to do was, work, work, work, and work.

Jennie changed the look of her room. She wanted it to be simple before she leaves it, forever. Even though it was always simple, she wanted to take off all the special details in it. Only keeping the things that are necessary. She wish she could live in this house, her own house, after being married. It doesn't matter whether she stays alone or with her husband but just here, in her own house, a familiar environment, a familiar atmosphere around. It saddened her more actually. What hurted was the fact that she will no longer be 'the girl' anymore. A lot of things will change once she gets married, once she is a married woman. And maybe it be just a few things, it will be all the things that change, including herself. All that Jennie wanted to do at that time was turn back the time. And control everything so nothing like this can happen. Even though she knows she could never, its never possible. But she wish it was. She wish she had that much power so that everyone could be devoted to her. So that no one could do something that will hurt her feelings. But she never wants to be that selfish though. It's alright.. if they think its the best for her then she will obviously agree, even if she doesn't want it and hurts too bad.

Taehyung was in the same situation. But he didn't think that deeply. He went selfish. He just hated them right now. Who the heck gave them this idea to get him married? Is it so important? Can't someone do something on their own? Is it so necessary to get married? A lot of questions were inside his head, and he never got the answer. Not even his sisters care about him anymore. His sisters are more thoughtful about Jennie now, more than him, the older brother, their own family. Yes, Jennie is also gonna be a part of this family now but its just.. he don't wanna be treated like this. He wanna be independent, do whatever he wants, love and like whoever he wants and marry them if he is willing to. He don't want someone to choose those for him. It's his life!

But looks like that's how everything is going to work for him, for them. Jennie is being caged. Taehyung is being trapped. Is that how they'll end up together? Trapped in a cage together like this? This is bad. So bad.

And there's nothing to do, so...

That day, Taehyung's house was empty. Just him, in his room, all alone. The others left to do their things at the event area. It is held in a corner and the place is quite catchy cause the environment there is also very beautiful. The reason they choose that area was basically because its one of the best event sites and special events are usually held there. The engagement hall has been decorated beautifully, and the rest of the other works will be done before the engagement begins the next day, in the evening..

Jennie was also alone at her house. Her sister was absent as well. She also joined the others there. Jennie have been feeling so lonely today. She will be leaving this house in a few days and before she could enjoy the lastday of being single with her loved ones, they all just left to do their own works, preparing the place, which seemed to be more important than her. Didn't they feel any sadness? Like.. she won't be just the daugher anymore, she'll become a daugher-in-law as well. Which means she is going to have two families and one of her own. Jennie thought she was still a little girl, her parent's little baby daughter. But it looks like she is already an full grown adult and a woman, she is now going to have her own life to take care of and she will also have children like her parents does. Which made Jennie even sadder.

She didn't know why she was sad when its supposed to bring her happiness. Yes it was supposed to bring happiness to her and him. But it changed to sadness. Cause it was all arranged and forced. They didn't have any opinions on this or any responsibilities. Their parents choose them not they, themselves. They thought marrying is something happy and joyful? Isn't it like.. getting married to someone you truly love? Their parents didn't even think of that! A marriage is all about true love. But when it is arranged, it doesn't perfectly fit that in and portray it. It just doesn't make any sense. Maybe, just maybe, if they tried finding each other on their own, they could possibly find each other and fall in love. If god really wants that and if they are really just destined. Jennie thinks that. Like what Sana said, they are destined and which is why they are brought together like this. Every single word means something. It's like, even if they don't know everything about it, they know the exact reason and the consequences. They are more thoughtful and meaningful than her.. they understand so much..

There was nothing to be sad about though. She can be happy if she wants. But the things around her just doesn't let her. Her heart won't listen to her at all. The really heart wants what it wants.. and gets it no matter how inconvenient it could be.

There can be happiness. If only the person was just right.

He thinks a arranged marriage can't bring happiness and joy. You can't smile forcefully. You have to stick to the situation. That's what he thinks. His heart is cruel and almost heartless. It's because its empty, cause of various reasons, problems and circumstances. He was like this since childhood. But at least he was happy back then.. at least he got to smile once.

Taehyung and Jennie really had two different lifes. One's life have always been happy and joyful since birth while the other have been unhappy all the time. Even though he always smiled, it hid a lot of pain.

He cried. He sobbed. He teared up. He was judged. He was tormented. Which is why he have a big change inside and outside of him. He had a big glow up. And why? Because he was tortured. Why? Still unknown.

People are sometimes too selfish that they don't realize who they are oppressing on. They completely forget their loved ones. They get heartless. And when they finally get what they want and calm down, the other person that have been constantly foul played on changes. That's what happened to Taehyung. He changed because of torture. For literally no reason. Yeah, maybe there is a reason but its unnecessary. You don't have to do something like this to someone you truly love. He might be the oldest of them all, but he was once small like them too, he had a childhood too. You can't just put unnecessary pressure on someone small like him to gain more attention to the other people.

Taehyung always tried to keep his identity a secret. A top secret. The problem was not with his identity, it was his family. His family is someone you don't want as a family. You would want a step family instead to live a better life. But who's gonna bring trouble again. A step family can be even more selfish. Taehyung wanted to change things but his sisters stopped him. His sisters are the reason he is still soft hearted inside. Chaewon and Dahyun are his only ones. He needs to protect them too. But he just couldn't. His heart tells him to do something instead that his sisters, the youngers, have to protect him. He hated himself for that. He hated his heart. He hated the fact that he as a older brother can't protect his sisters and give them a shield. And that's why he turned heartless. He turned cruel. Not with his sisters but with himself. He was quite selfish too but you wouldn't see him torture you like that.

It was love that changed everything. And that's why he hates the 'love' thing. He don't wanna love. He don't wanna be trapped in love again. So he turned cold and domineering. And that's why the day he knew that his family have been planning a marriage behind his back, he quarrelled with them. He started a contention. And he ruined the calm environment and the great discipline in the house. But his family still told him. He is going to get married. And it has a special reason that he is not supposed to know now but later someday. Taehyung was actually broken inside. He didn't want the history to repeat again. But the day he met this girl, he found out that there is nothing to be frightened of. He don't need to be worried and afraid. Everything will happened on its own. His heart will definitely remain calm till something happens again. He himself could say that even if his heart can't, express it.

Taehyung just really don't want anyone to hear about his family. Cause almost everyone knows about them. Except him, who had his own reputation. Taehyung wants his own life, his own choice, his own decision and wants to make plan on his own. He don't want to be depended on someone. He have trust issues, along anger issues. So you'll bring your own trouble if you mess around with him. He is seriously, just dangerous. So you better stay away. He wasn't like this before but his family is the ones that made him like this. Their behaviour changed his one. It was as if his soul completely changed into another one. Like a person get transferred to another, with different vibes and personality.

Taehyung used to be a cutie before. Like years ago, when he was still a kid till the early teen ages. But after he turned a little older, like 17 to 18, close enough to his 20s, he changed. Like completely changed! Not even a single thing stayed the same. He didn't plan to change, its just a tormented one night and boom.. here comes the glow up. He turned more serious and intimidated. He was no longer that boy. He turned into a man. Man. The man. The man that doesn't need a partner beside him. He doesn't need a girl. He don't need a girlfriend not even a wife. If he ever purposefully falls in love, just leave it to him. He will manage literally everything. But not when someone else does it for him, choose them for him and arrange it. Like now, this is a arranged marriage. When it should've been him who would choose to marry her.

After a few years, that intimidated Taehyung quite changed. He turned more broken inside than the confidence that he used to have, that he himself created. It's because the new torture. The marriage. No one can really understand that he have been that broken inside, that he is lonely and feels empty inside. He really needs someone. But someone that he loves. Not someone that he is arranged to marry. Jennie is not his type. Maybe she is, but he wish he could find her on his own and maybe.. he would fall in love? That would've been ten times better. Really way better than this.

That was all Taehyung was thinking about, right there at his bedroom, sitting on his bed and sometimes walking to his lavish and modern balcony.

He was thinking about Jennie more than anything else. That girl.. she kept coming into his mind. Like always. Ever since she heard about her and met her, this started happening. She was literally bullying his mind! Oh, my gosh..

Jennie have photos of him, in her heart. And her heart beat loudly when it looked at all the captured pictures of him. And her mind kept his features and details, that mesmerized her sometimes.

But other than that, they didn't catch any other feelings or anything. They thought, it was normal to think of someone else that deeply and heartily. But they didn't know, they were slowly falling even before the marriage.

_______

Early in the morning, the two families worked together and finished their works. That day, Jennie had to wake up very early, get ready, do her works and prepare herself real quick. Since the place is quite far away, they have to head for it an hour earlier, before the event starts. The guests list is filled with people from Jennie's family and Taehyung's. Basically, the rest of the other family, close relatives and friends.

At the afternoon, Jennie was wearing her dress, her sister helping her with it. Chaeyoung and Lisa was there too. Sana too who was supposed to directly go and meet them at the venue but now came to the house to help her with everything. Jennie was doing her makeup, her hair and preparing herself as the other girls helped her with it. Her mother was just right there, coming into the room sometimes, smiling at her, which was devilish to Jennie as she glared at her with tears building up in her eyes and her mom didn't notice her giving her that look.

"Are you ready?? It's time to leave already, we might get late!" the mother spoke in a almost yelling voice.

Jennie sighed and nodded, mentally not prepared but she have to be no matter what.

"Yes, I am.." Jennie replied in a low tone, that was more like a whisper.

Jisoo and Chaeyoung looked at her with pitiful eyes. They knew how Jennie was feeling inside. Her heart might be hurting already.

This is the engagement, and once this is done, the wedding won't be that far away. Two weeks maybe? It felt like even shorter.

After everything was done and her mom told her to hurry and got out of the room, the girls came close to Jennie and embraced her into a warm hug. Jennie wanted to cry so bad but crying will only affect her, she'll be scolded for ruining her makeup and her mood.

"It's okay, Jen, everything will be alright. We are always with you," Chaeyoung said, caressing her cheeks that was now filled with dry tears, invisible but right there.

"Yes, Jen. Don't worry. Everything is going to be okay. You, just keep smiling and do your works, hm? Don't let others feel your pain. The other family might hurt you if they see you like this." Jisoo slowly coaxed her and kissed her head. She knew about the other family, about how bad they might get, but she didn't let anyone else know that, just warned Jennie.

She nodded at her sister and sniffed. "You guys...I-I can't believe.. I am going to get engaged today.. am I already that grown up?" Jennie asked softly as she looked at them with doe eyes that were already teary. The others chuckled at her and wiped away her tears, as they smiled.

"No, you're still our little baby, Jen. Getting married doesn't mean you'll no longer be our little baby!" Sana said and Jennie just giggled.

Jennie is indeed their little baby. The cutie baby. But now she, the baby will have her owner. She will be belonged to someone else, to her husband. The husband will be the next owner of the baby. He'll be taking care of her and comforting her after this. But.... they don't know whether he'll take her responsibilities or not. Cause he is a cold blooded man. Doesn't care about anyone else. If only he loved her and Jennie did the same, then it would have been possible.

Jennie isn't interested in love. But wants to experience it. A different type of love. But she don't know how she could experience it. Whether she could experience it with Taehyung or not.

"Yeah, right. Unnie is my little baby!" Lisa exclaimed out as the others disagreed with her.

"No! She is our baby. She belongs to all of us. Our little baby! Not just yours Lis!!" Chaeyoung frowned and cuddled with Jennie making Jennie chuckle softly.

After a while, the girls left the room too. Leaving Jennie all alone. She needed a few minutes on her own, some space before she is officially engaged, prepared for the wedding and have a fiancè.

Couple of minutes already past and its now the time to head there. She got up, wore her shoes, checked herself for the last time, looked at her room for a bit, took the things that she needs to take and finally came out of the room.

Right there was Chaeyoung and Sana as they helped her climb down the stairs, with the long evening dress. Once she was already at the front door, she saw the car outside. She walked out with the girls and sat inside the car. Inside was no one, just her and the driver at the front. Then she saw the other girls walk out from the house, along her sister and mother.

The girls got into the car and the driver started the engine. As the car started moving and went on its way to the venue.

Her parents took another car, their own car to go there. And they end up being the first one to arrive. It was because the car that Jennie was in went slower than the one that her parents went with.

Throughout the car ride, the girls kept smiling at her softly, assuring her that everything will be okay and she'll be alright with it. Jennie smiled back and nodded. She was quite nervous that she can't think straight anymore. Thoughts were messing around but she managed them and refreshed her mind, looking at the street view and the skies.

When that car reached the venue, Jennie took a deepe breath and sighed softly. She is here now.. which means there is not much time until everything starts. And everyone's attention was catched. Jennie is here! They will start the event now.

The driver stopped the car and then the girls went out of the car. Her sister nodded her head at Jennie and caressed her hands before getting out of the car, telling Jennie to come out too with a smile.

Jennie did it. She slowly stood up and came in front of everyone's vision as they looked at her in awe and gasped at her beauty. So beautiful and pretty!

Jennie is perfect. Just perfect.

And as she went inside the huge hall, she saw the guests and the decoration inside. Both exterior and interior is designed beautifully. It's just as perfect as her.

The two man around her helped her climb the small steps to the round stage, that was made for the two of them. As she looked up once she stopped there, she saw the other person around. The other person.

And once he climbed up as well, the event started. The engagement started.

Taehyung was so eye catching. Like damn, he is so handsome and hot. Jennie just can't stop secretly admiring him once he stood beside her. The same happened to Tae, his wanted to stay glued on her. Like it didn't want to move and see something else but just look at her. And as the show begin, it was now Taehyung's turn to put the ring on Jennie's finger and propose her. But he didn't have that much courage that somebody else would have to come and tell him to do the things that he have to do now. But as the time passed in, he really did all of it step by step. And then the engagement ring went onto Jennie's ring finger. She was mesmerized by the ring. She have always wanted to wear such rings. And now she actually did! She will be wearing this from now on till when. She is so happy. Not that happy but just happy. At least something small like this made her happy.

Time really flies so fast that the event already ended. Once the close people talked to the both of them and their families a little, they left. And the only ones left was the friends, siblings, cousins, parents and other family members. They also left one by one. Leaving the two of them and their friends. The parents left to gossip and chit chat a little.

"So? Was it that hard? I told you everything will be alright!" Chaeyoung smiled at her widely as Jennie smiled back.

"I know.. I-I was just a little.. nervous" Jennie replied.

"Nervous for what? There's nothing to be nervous about. I know some things make you so nervous that you just can't think the way you should think, but now that you know that there is nothing to be thinking of, how do you feel? Did everything go good for ya?" Chaeyoung asked.

"Hm.. yes.. I think so. I-it was... great" the last word was a whisper, still unsure if she should have said that.

"Yep! I know it was great. Let's not talk any longer now, we should head back home." Chaeyoung took Jennie's hand and smiled at her. And as they walked away, Jennie looked back, at the few people behind her. That include Taehyung. And they made a eye contact that lasted for I don't how long. And then Jennie looked away, and sighed.

He is her fiancè now. He gave her the ring.

(a/n: IM SO SORRY U GUYS I WANTED TO GIVE MORE DETAILS BUT IM SO LAZY NOW THAT I JUST CANT 😭.)

_______

Getting back home, they did their works and went to bed. Jennie somehow had a great sleep that night. Thinking of what happened this evening over and over again, it made her smile and softly sigh. She found some.. peace?

She thought she was daydreaming but then she realized it was night time. So.. basically it's a night dream? Lol. She doesn't know why she's going so crazy. Is it because of him? Is it Taehyung?

Oh well, doesn't matter to her anymore. She is now engaged. She now have a fiancè. And she'll be also getting married very soon. But why is it making her somehow relaxed? How come is she not sad anymore? Isn't she supposed to cry right now? But she is literally smiling and sighing like a girl from the mental hospital!

Her heart needs to answer her question. Even if she is looking happy on the inside and outside, she is filled with curiosity. And her heart is making her curious. It's doing things that are very confusing to her.

She had a relaxing sleep with peace. Her dreams were so vivid that she thought Taehyung was actually there, around her. She was dreaming about Taehyung... what?!

The fact that Chaeyoung was there, just right there, watching her best friend doing things that she never did before. Is she crazy? Like for real? Chaeyoung didn't mind though, she just chuckled. Taehyung is indeed so handsome that you wouldn't know when you get addicted to him. Chaeyoung thought it was normal, Jennie did too. So there was not much to think about.

Let Jennie alone. Let her fall in love for the first time. At the first sight.

———–

Heyoo sup? I was so busy lately+ the wifi was disconnected and it didn't seem to work until it got fixed again. I had to wait for these 3 days cuz it was a holiday and everything was closed including many shops and stores. So we had to wait till today. It just got fixed this morning!

Hope y'all liked the chap thooo see yaaa!! <3

P.s It was a big update cuz I kept you all waiting for too long! 🤧🤧

- vnnie_mylovee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.8K 743 31
A story of two souls who come into each other's life without their own knowledge .... But will they stay by eachother's side till the end or somethin...
56.5K 2K 59
Jennie comes from a rich family, but doesnt want to appear rich. She wants to be simply be normal like no other are. She likes to wear clothes that a...
105K 5.3K 54
[COMPLETED] [Not proofread.] What will happen when two strangers who never met each other (this is actually what they think) had to get married? Espe...
288K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...