Arranged Marriage | Taennie

By vnnie_mylovee

People has dreams, but they dont always come true. They see your smile but not the pain behind it. Most impor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (pt.1)
Chapter 28 (pt.2)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30

Chapter 12

197 16 2
By vnnie_mylovee

Seoul, South Korea
20th January

The next week finally passed in after a long wait. The day, when Jennie will meet her future husband and his family. Jennie became a lot nervous. She don't know how she was so calm all these days. Cause now it feels so suffocating. Her heart is aching again, the pain is back.

She didn't know why but now that the most awaited day has finally came, she just doesn't wanna complete the task of the day anymore. Like, she got really excited but now the excitement escaped, it replaced with nervousness, fear and sadness. She no longer felt like meeting him. Although she wanted to so bad a few days back.

She was so scared. For literally no reason. She cant tell why exactly was she so scared. Everything is supposed to be normal, right? So what's all this that kept her so afraid?

The family had their breakfast a lot earlier than the other days. Since this day was very special for them, not so special as if it was the weeding day though. It was just, everyone was so so excited to finally confirm everything and fix the weeding day after so many days! They were excited to see Jennie's reaction and how she will say yes so quick, they knew she would, she definitely would, and Jennie herself knew that too.

Jennie and her sister was currently looking for something great to wear. Since it was the day the soon to be husband wives will meet and get introduced to each other, it just felt so much special. Jisoo was certainly so thrilled to see Jennie fall in love, which she will definitely do, yes, of course she will, she can even fall in love just today in one sight of that guy. Like honestly she knows how much of a love bird the two will be and how much Jennie will be a fond of that still unknown guy. She will definitely be that girl who loves her husband more than he actually does. Or the husband will love Jennie more than she will. Perhaps, the two will love each other equally, yep, definitely.

"Jen, how about this one?" Jisoo asked as she grabbed out a dress from Jennie's closet. She showed the dress to Jennie, a little concerned.

"Hm.. keep that in our ideas. Let's look a little more?" Jennie spoke and Jisoo nodded in agreement, as they started looking for a cool dress to wear.

"What type of dress do you wanna wear, actually?" Jisoo asked. She needed to know this to find better clothes for her, even though it was Jennie's closet.

"Hm.. I dont really know.. probably something good to wear? Like a bit fancy? yeah.." Jennie spoke and looked away for othe options.

"Yes! Look, Jen, this one's exactly what you're looking for!" Jisoo tiptoed and smiled widely at her, as she showed her a black off shoulder lace midi dress.

Jennie raised a brow and scanned the whole dress as she smiled back at her sister and nodded.

"Yep. Keeping it as an option." Jennie said and turned around again, searching for dresses once more. While Jisoo frowned. She thought Jennie will be wearing this dress but! She's so indecisive gosh...

"Unnie, look! I didn't wear this one before. You brought it for me, last year. Should we try putting it on as well as the other dresses?" Jennie asked, this time, she decided to choose something too. Helping both to pick out the best dress to wear, in case it impresses him.

"Ooo! Yes. Let's try this too!" Jisoo said. Nodding several times, looking at the clothing Jennie picked out. It was a white puff sleeve dress, it was one of Jennie's favourite styles.

And after searching for a few more outfits and putting them as one of the options, both came and sat on the bed, with all the dresses tattered over the bed.

Jennie huffed.

"Okay! So this or that.. this or that.." Jennie said, comparing all the dresses to see if she could wear it or not.

"Dont you think you should try the dresses first, before taking a final decision? Cause its even easier like that.." Jisoo advised.

"Yeah, sure. I'll do that," Jennie took all the outfits with her to the closet, to try them on.

And as time passed, she tried all of the outfits. And when they finally choose a dress, it was already noon. They were afraid they'll get late.

"Okay, Jen. You go take a shower, I'll go to my room, okay? Byee!" Jisoo said and went out of Jennie's bedroom. She sighed and went to take a quick shower.

It was gonna be a long day..

________

Lunch time flied in, everyone finished their meals as fast as they could since they are in such hurry. There were only two hours left and they have to do a lot more before the other family arrives.

"Jennie, you sure you wanna wear the lace dress? How about the puff sleeve one?" Jisoo asked as she entered Jennie bedroom with some accessories and other stuff, in her hands.

"Hm.. I feel like that dress is more fancier than the other one. Like you know, its more gorgeous. And the sleeve one is like.. kinda simple? You know like-" Jennie tried to explain but her sister cut her off.

"Yeah, I got it. But you know, even if it looks simple when it comes to the design of the dress, it still has a different type of gorgeousness. But Jennie, how come you dont like it? Its your favourite korean style.." Jisoo frowned at her.

"Unnie, no. I didn't mean that. I'm just saying that the lace dress is a bit more fancier than the puff sleeve one. And it kinda suits me better. But in the other hand, that sleeve one is like more attractive. Right?" Jennie spoke.

"Hm... right, right. So? Which one do you choose?" Jisoo asked.

"Actually, unnie, which one do you suggest me to wear?" Jennie asked back at her sister.

"I dont really know. Its up to you. But if you want me to help you pick one of them, I'd really say the puff sleeve one. I don't know if you were really just willing to wear the lace midi dress though. You know I wish you could wear both of them just today! Hehe.. actually, you can wear that dress on any other different occasions, after your.. uhm your marriage?" Jisoo gulped after her last sentence. She didn't know if she should've said that word but that's the reality.

"Y-yeah.. okay. I'll wear that then," Jennie voice cracked a little as she picked up the dress by the hardwood petite dress hanger and went to the closet to get changed.

________

The time was really just so fast. As only thirty minutes were left before the other family comes. Everyone, was preparing themselves as well as the house, since guests are arriving, it was must to keep the house neat and clean. The mother spent half of the time at the kitchen to cook some food for them. The father arranged the house, settling things. While the two sisters, only did their own works. Choosing clothes, wearing different dresses, doing makeup, fixing their hair and so much more. It felt like two hours was nothing; it was too short time.

"Jennie, take this one. No! That doesn't match the dress. I'll take that one.. god!" Jisoo indecisively paseed a few piles of makeup boxes and her hands were full of different lipsticks, choosing which one to put on.

Jennie was definitely NOT interested in it at all. Not like she doesn't like makeup and stuff, like girly things, but she was just not interested in the current situation. She just wanted to skip this sudden meet up. She really dont wanna. Because, everything will be planned today. The weeding will be confirmed and everything will be fixed just today! She cant take it any longer. She barely has the time to pass as a still single, unmarried, normal girl. And it suffocated her. She had the anxiety again, from the past few days, and its killing her. Pain, worry, fear, unease doesn't let her stay laid back and relax. It just always distracted her normal thinking.

"Ah, unnie, come on. Let me put that one on!" Jennie whined like a kid when her sister snatched her favourite lipstick, its actually a lip tint, from her hands, saying that it wont match her outfit and that she'll be using it, for the day.

"Look, Jen, there a bunch of more here. Take this one, its better. Plus, you better impress with something more attractive. Basically, the one I'm gonna use is simple, which is why I wont let you put it on, okay? Now go on, choose another one." Jisoo said and opened the lid of the container, putting on the cinnamon lip tint over her lips.

"Oh, fine! Now.. my hair?" Jennie frowned looking at her sister wear the lip tint, as if she was devouring it. She messed with her hair a little and grabbed the paddle hair brush, combing her hair.

"Let me do your hair." Jisoo insisted and helped Jennie fix her hair. Jennie always had the straight, thick and the most gorgeous hair in her family. She had the raven hair, with loose, soft curls. She swear everyone around her were always envy of her hair. She was a beauty queen, just like her sister.

While her sister did her hair, she looked down at her lap, thinking a lot, about everything that will happen in a while. Probably the chaos her gut always warned her about, that she didn't listen to. But tell me? What else could she do? She never knew it be as bad as this, she never imagined such nightmare. It's even worse when you know that its more of forced marriage than a arranged marriage. Its basically a abuse to reckless girls, at such an early age.

"Jennie.. stop overthinking. Everything will be alright." Jisoo told Jennie in a gentle tone, as she watched her in the mirror, so upset. She could already see the little tears that wanted to stream out. And she knew that even by saying those words, her mind wasn't at a ease. It was still as blue as it is, the past few days. Jisoo had so much sympathy for her sister. It was supposed to her, who will get married first, since she was the older daughter of their family. But somehow her parents decided to get their younger daughter married before her. It was quite shocking.

"I-I'm not.." Jennie replied, holding back the almost dropping tears. She looked up, and faked a smile, indicating that she was alright, there was nothing to worry about her.

"Okay, your hair's done. Now quickly grab your accessories, we gotta be ready in five minutes," Jisoo said and walked towards the door, she left to her own room, to do something, probably something personal.

Jennie heaved a deep sigh once the door was shut. She wanted to cry out loudly, once again, right at the moment. But she knew she couldn't, no way. Her mother will be here probably in two minutes or less, just to nag her for being late when she told her to be ready thousand, million times today.

She quickly did her other works. And after she finished, she took some time, admiring herself in the mirror. She cant believe that was actually her, she was that Jennie, she felt so different, so much differences. She looked absolutely gorgeous and she wouldn't lie, admitting it to herself. She has the best self-love!

"Jennie! Are you ready? Quick!!" the mother barged into the room, in such hurry.

Jennie was filled with curiosity, why was her mother hurrying so much? Like.. she is supposed to go down once her parents greet them and let them sit at the living room, right? She was not supposed to be the first person sitting there. She still has time.

"Mom, I'm ready. But I.. I gotta check myself again, wait.." said Jennie, walking towards the bathroom.

"Oh, fine. But you better hurry. They're gonna be here in five minutes!" the mother said and walked out of the room.

Jennie sighed once again. Why were giving her so much pressure? She cant take it. And now, she really needs someone beside her, a life partner.. she just realized that..

And as the five minutes passed, she heard Jisoo hurriedly walk inside her room, probably looking for her. And right after that, she heard the door bell ring.

Oh, my god.. they're here! Ah, no. She ain't ready. She dont wanna go. She dont wanna meet them!

She felt like she was going crazy.

"Jennie! They here!" Jisoo uttered. Once Jennie came out of the bathroom. Jennie ran and hugged her sister, she felt like sobbing in her embrace but there was no way she could.

"Aww, Jen.. It's okay. Everythihg will be alright. Dont worry," Jisoo comforted her sister.

"Unnie.. unnie, I-I'm scared.. everything is happening so fast. I-it just doesn't let me get used to everything.." Jennie's voice cracked, and Jisoo continued comforting her.

"Jennie, it will be alright. You'll get used to it from now on. It's okay, na? Everything will be alright.." Jisoo hugged her even tigher and caressed her back as she sighed.

"Do we... have to go now?" Jennie pulled away and gulped when her sister nodded.

"Yeah. Dont worry! They wont say anything to you. They're really kind. Okay? Now let me check if theres anything more to do.. oh, wait! Let me fix your makeup a little," Jisoo fixed her makeup and handed her some accessories, that she still didn't put on.

"Unnie, its just a simple meet up. Why are you dressing me up so... like.." Jennie pursed her lips when she didn't find any words to describe it.

"Haha, I know. But you're the ace here. You're the one getting married and we gotta make it special, since you're the only brightness we have.. hm. Ready?" Jisoo asked once Jennie finished.

Jennie heaved a deep breath. And slowly nodded once she found enough courage.

Jisoo smiled widely at her. As she walked beside her, held her, let her rely on her and gave her the full support.

"Okay, lets go!" Jisoo smiled widely again, this time Jennie smiled back at her.

Here it starts, and perhaps it never ends.

Its a never-ending fight.

And she will definitely fight it successfully, with someone special beside her.

Even though she doesn't know who he was and how he was, she will know everything today, and she'll see if he encourages her or no.

Inside her heart was pain, and outside was excitement. She didn't know the mixed emotions, at all.

Would it change today?

She hopes it wont change to sadness and depression.

——

- Black Off Shoulder Lace Midi Dress.

- White Puff Sleeve Dress
(just imagine Jennie in that 😩)

Will update soon, cyaa!

- vnnie_mylovee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.8K 5.4K 63
⟪A Blacktan fantasy au⟫ ❝𝙁𝙖𝙩𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙬𝙖𝙮𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙖 𝙢𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙮.❞ ────────────────────────── Jennie, a girl chained with her parent'...
56.5K 2K 59
Jennie comes from a rich family, but doesnt want to appear rich. She wants to be simply be normal like no other are. She likes to wear clothes that a...
4.6K 201 22
" Haven't we met before? " He whispered. " N-No, we haven't. " She replied avoiding his staring gaze, not wanting to entangle the old strings. Now th...
26.6K 1.6K 58
[Season I] Jennie Kim, a young woman with a warm heart and a vibrant personality, had always dreamed of finding true love. Little did she know that h...