Re: Life in a new world as a...

By UltraLily

One day a guy meet his tragic end... Until he got genderbent into the body of Saber lily as a Spirit! And is... More

Part 1. Death that blooms a flower.
Part 2. Death's viewpoint.
Part 3. Throwing away all pride.
Part 4. The Sound Of Victory.
Part 5. The Garden Of the Witch.
Part 6. Dinner with an Idiot, half Elf, maids, jester, two spirits, I suppose.
Part 7. The happy manor and a sad Restart.
Part 8. The promise.
Part 9. The echoes of chains.
Part 10. Its a joke... Right Rem?...
Part 11. On to conquer the worl-!... GET OUT OF BED SUBARU!
Part 12. Master, Why are you looking at me in that way?
Part 13. The lesson for the boy and the girl.
Part 14. The Hounds, The Oni and and audacity of this Old man-
Part 15. Rem Reem Rim.
Q & A!
Part 16. Puck's Hatsumaki.
Part 17. Snow Snow and Snow!
Part 18. Felix Argyle and the old man
Part 19. Mate, I ask of you kindly... Do not cock up.
Part 20. The Bro Code.
21. Oh My dear sister, I will never rest in the battle against fate.
22. What despair feels like.
Part 23. Da royal selection.

Part 24. You know, its not the same as it was.

1.2K 58 78
By UltraLily

Warning. Gege would aprove of this chapter.

Violence, death, angst, tragedy and more!

Narrator POV.

Subaru awoke.

He had a hell of a headache... And felt tired.

But he pushed through his tired eyes as he saw the golden hour in the sky through a window.

The curtains waved as a cold breeze entered the room...

"Subaru..." Began a figure aside Subaru, sitting on a wood chair..

He quickly snapped his neck as he recognized the voice...

Amethyst eyes filled with worry, and silver hair that flew with the same wind that made the curtains wave...

"Emilia-Tan! It is such a blessing to see you when I wake up-" Said Subaru.. It was usual of him to be a simp.

"No-.. Not now Subaru." Said Emilia... Her tone was a bit more stern, and the usual air of lightness around her was gone...

"Huh?... But why not? Always is the time to praise you-"

"S u b a r u ." Emilia's tone was a bit stern... yet her face was filled with worry.

"Yes~?" Asked Subaru... Who totally wasn't delighted to be talked in a rough way.

"I thought I could trust you... We told you to not go to the castle..." Began Emilia..

"B-but! No way you wouldn't expect me to not be there when its such an important day for you! Those goddamn louts where just speaking shit about you-"

"But you acted like an animal that can't control its impulses..." Said Emilia...

"W-Well!... But it was all for you! They now surely fear us-"

Emilia let out a long sigh..

"Subaru... I thought you understood... the last thing I want is for anyone to fear me... I want to be a queen that rules with equality and justice... not one that rules with fear..." Said Emilia... She looked like a soggy puppy...

"... But hey, They will fear me! Not you-"

"Subaru. You nearly died. You can't simply push mana into holy swords like that, Its reckless and frankly stupid... and... I'm not sure what happened... But.." Said Emilia... She began to think of... Saiba.

"Ugh... Right, Saber stopped me from kicking that guy's ass..."

"Subaru. What you did was stupid. You can't attack a knight like that... Even if they challenged you. You where the one that spoke out of order and we can't simply act on an impulse..." Said Emilia... She had thought hard about the words of saber... She was trying her best to calm herself down...  And scold Subaru.

"... Emilia... Everything I do is for you. You are my entire world. And if some loudmouth piece of ass shit is trying to speak ill of MY Emilia... I'm going to fucking kill him-"

"No Subaru. You won't kill anyone, nor are you doing it for me... You can't stay quiet because you are too prideful... Why can't you just simply let aside any grudge or pride and... and stay calm?..." Emilia's tone was... Like that of a soggy and hungry puppy...

"Well you well know that I can't act like that with you... I do everything for you... I've done so much for you... and I can't act like that if it is with you-"

This moment. Subaru fucked up. 

To say Subaru can't act like that if he is dealing with Emilia... Is like saying he can't do it because of who and what Emilia is...

Emilia perhaps misunderstood...

"Well you won't need to do anything more for me." Said Emilia...

"... What do you mean?.." Asked Subaru...

"I think its time... We say goodbye, Subaru." Said Emilia...

At this moment... Something in subaru snapped...

"No... No, No No. After everything we have gone through..." Subaru began to grow.. a bit mad...

"Subaru, It was only a few weeks..."

"B-BUT! After everything... EVERYTHING I have done for you-" Said Subaru who had died... More times than he can count for her... All for her...

'Thats right... She doesn't know... And I can't tell her... And.. No one can.. But..' 

"I'll make sure to not owe you anything.. Not anymore." Said Emilia... Her tone grew colder and firm..

Subaru attempted to throw a hail Mary.

"Emilia... I can re-.."

Time stopped.

His body felt as if had sunk in a cold bucket of water... As his vision grew darker than dark, as if he had been thrown into a void of madness... And something creeped as it ached his heart...

It all vanished.

Time resumed.

"AHg... Ah... I... I can retu-"

Time stopped.

Subaru could only glance at Emilia's confused expression as the shadows enveloped his body... They felt cold. They felt as if his bones had been turned to ice... And one crept into his heart, as if it tried to grab it..

it all faded away.

Time resumed.

Subaru gasped for air...

"Subaru... I don't know what you can try to do to fix this, But I don't need you... I've never needed you Subaru... So if you aren't helping... Please don't stop me either... I'll make sure everything between us is settled and fair..."

Emilia stood up from her seat...

She glanced at subaru who tried to say something... Yet he didn't... He looked cold and upset..

"Goodbye, Subaru... Thank you for everything." Said Emilia as she exited the door...

Her silver hair was the last thing Subaru saw as he slumped down into the bed...

'... I... I... I can't let that happen as it did...'

Subaru glanced around...

A knife was laid on the table, next to a piece of toast with butter and tea...

His hand shook as he reached out for the knife...

'I'll just... Restart.'

He plunged the knife into his own throat... Pain was the only thing that spread through his body...

Blood stained his robe as he couldn't breathe... He felt cold... He felt...

Dead.

In a flash, he was consumed by a sea of shadows... Yet the next second...

"Goodbye, Subaru... Thank you for everything." Said Emilia as she exited the floor..

He saw her silver hair go through that door...

He was frozen... Did this.. Have no earlier safepoint?...

"Saber, I need you to come here-..."

Tears swelled on his eyes as he fucking realized...

He really fucked up this time.

He couldn't hear the British accented saiba that would usually reply with something like "Mate, You really cocked up."

And for the first time in this parallel world...

He felt truly alone.

...

"Subaru-Kun?... Subaru-Kun?" Asked the Rem as she was sitting next to the Subaru who was slumped down and depressed...

She aproached him... And began nibbling on his ear.

"Shuwaru kun..." whispered rem with her mouth nibbling his earlobe...

"Rem" Began a croaky voiced Subaru.

"Yes? Subaru Kun?" Asked Rem... She felt a bit excited that Subaru had talked to her without needing to mention Emilia...

"Where did Emilia go?" Asked Subaru..

"... back to the Rosswal Mannor. Though... We are in the Karsten state... Felix-San was asked to tend to you until you felt better since you exhausted your mana supply.." Said Rem...

"... Right... And... How is-"

"Rem is doing fine, Subaru Kun. Everything is better with you around!" Said Rem...

"... No, I meant... Saber." Asked Subaru...

"oh... Saber-San is making a deal with Crusch-Sama... I think it is regarding your stay and transport.." Said Rem...

Subaru had a look in his eyes...

"We shouldn't interrupt them-" Said Rem... 

"Rem... Where are they?..." Subaru stared deeply into Rem's eyes...

"Maybe we can go see; Felix San... Although I do hope he isn't with Crusch san.. That would be so unfortunate... Sooo.. Soo.. Unfortunate..."

Subaru smiled a bit as he gave rem a headpat...

"Yeah. Lets go."

...

"Duchess Of Karsten. I come to bargain." Said Saber as she stood strong in front of Crusch's desk... An office that looked more like a meeting room was the surroundings.

"Whaat?.. Whwat kwan ywo hyave to bwargayn fwor?" Asked Felix...

"The corpse of the white wale, And the guarantee of your safety. I do feel your strengths will be insufficient to deal with such mission." Said Saber...

This shocked Felix... 

"W-Whwat?... Hwow dyu u knyow?" Asked Felix who was sus...

"The market zone lacks one thing. Armaments, they have all been bought out.. And all the carriages have been bought aswell. And it is no secret since one can see a small army in your front lawn." Said Saber...  not loosing Eye contact with crusch.

Felix ran up to the window... And of course...

"Gyaa... We swould rweally hwide thyat.." Said Felix... Slumped down like his cat ears.

"Tell me. Why do you assume our forces will result to be insufficient against the white whale?" Asked Crusch... She had the divine protection of the wind of truth. She could see the truth and lies with ease...

"The previous sword saint, Theresia Van Astrea was not enough against the beast, as it is common knowledge she perished in such endeavor.. And I do not expect any army to match the strength she bore.. Even if you have the sword demon, Wilhelm Van Astrea by your side... And to no offense. He is old. And out of his prime." Said Saber...

"No offence taken, Young lady." Said Wilhelm who was at Crusch's left...

Felix glanced at Crusch... That really made sense...

"Even so, I do expect our forces to be enough to take down this beast." Said Crusch...

"Indeed. You will surely be able to defeat the beast... But not the ones who control the beast." Said Saber....

"What do you mean by that?" Asked Crusch..

"The white whale is rarely sighted. Yet its size is enormous. It must require sustenance and a home, Yet no one seems to ever see it... And while it is a possibility that such beast has enough intellect to hide itself. That is unlikely. And for such, It most likely has masters who control it." Said Saber...

"So you say... We should defeat the ones who may control this beast and take control of it?" Asked Crusch...

"No, Not at all. That would be impossible... As I am certain it is controlled by the witch cult." Said Saber...

"Hah.. Sways the knwight of thyat hwalf yelf.." Said Felix...

"Do mind your tongue, I beg." Said Saber without breaking looks with Crusch... A fierce staring contest.

"... Even if all of this you say is true... (Which it is.) And if you managed to successfully defeat the witch cult and the whale... Why would you simply not do this on your own? Wouldn't that give credit to your lady? What would you need from us?" Asked Crusch...

"First of all, My plan is one I will not disclose until we have a deal. And second of all... I do require arrangements to be made regarding Natsuki Subaru. And I will require of your assistance to reduce the amount of casualties that would forecome.." Said Saber...

Crusch narrowed her eyes...

The wind of truth was fiercely blowing around Saber.

"Very well." 

...

Saber had told crusch a plan..

Which was basically to do everything that had happened in Arc 3's final loop...

Except, a few things...

1. Saber will defeat the white whale alone. And will drag its corpse back to the capital. Alone.

1.5 They would have hired Anastasia's mercenary group to help in the defeat and capture of members of the witch cult for interrogation... And to aid in the transport of refugees... And to block the highway to avoid people from coming to die. And Julius Jukulius is schedguled to acompany Subaru Natsuki for the sake of reconciling. 

2. After that. Crusch's men will go towards Arlam, and evacuate all of the people who will be under attack of the witch cult...

The public will be informed of two things.

Crusch's army defeated the White Whale. (Actually defeated by Saber.)

And Emilia's party defeated the sin archbishop of sloth... (Defeated by Wilhelm.)

In theory, The increase in forces in arlam will prevent the sanctuary to be used as a place of refuge and no one will need to be trapped by echidna and eaten by rabbits.

And the fact that Saber will deal with the whale, will most likely lead in Rem and Crusch not loosing their memories, as the sin Archbishop of greed wouldn't kill so many, and gluttony wouldn't make Rem dissapear...

And Subaru wouldn't have to die a single time for at the very least... A load of time.

And only one would die.

"And May I ask... How do you know all of this information?" Asked Crusch... Who was sus.

Saber couldn't exactly say... I watched an anime...

"I am part dragon. Make what you will of that... Though this plan was mostly formulated by Natsuki Subaru." Said Saber... Which wasn't a lie...

'T-that's true...?'  Crusch couldn't see a lie...

If Saber said so, This would most likely lead to her being worshipped in lagunica...

Yet the fact that Saber hadn't revealed such in public to the council and the knights, meant that saber was either scheeming something, or was humble...

Crusch opted for the later.

*BANG!*

Subaru oppened the doors as he rushed in...

"S-saber.." Said Subaru... Glad that he saw the mop of golden hair and the green eyes that softened when looking at him...

"Oh... You bloody idiot..." Said Saber looking at Subaru... A ghost of a smile crept up Saber's lips...

"Why the hell did you let those people talk like that about Emilia?!"

Saber walked up to Subaru...

"Sleep."

And put a hand on his shoulder...

*THUD*

He collapsed as Saber drained most of his mana... For two reasons.

1 To stop him from yapping in front of Crusch and Wilhelm.

2. To keep her existence anchored to this world.

Saber had discovered that the mana drained from Subaru was recognized by od lagna as something from this world that was keeping her anchored.. For now.

Consuming loads of food also helped Saber upkeep a certain amount of mana that was enough for her soul to fight back od lagna's will to yeet her out...

Saber realized that life wouldn't be the same as it was.

...

Subaru woke up once more... As he did in the beginning of the chapter... But it was dark out...

"Subaru." Said Saber... 

"Yes?.. Saiba... I thought you would get yeeted out of the world if our contract ended... I'm glad it didn't happen." Said Subaru as he saw the golden hair...

"I will need you to make amends with the knight, Julius Jukulius.. Or else Emilia will die." Said Saber...

"... Huh?... What sort of crap is that-" 

"Soon, Forces will invade the village in Arlam. Everyone will die. Including Emilia, The children. Their eyes will be gouged out and their intestines used to hang their necks. Rem will be used to play twister. Everyone will die. And Puck will end the world." Said Saber...Her expression was serious...

".. h-huh?..."

"I know of the future. And this is the only way to avoid such tragic fate." Said Saber...

"Wait... We are in a carriage?" Subaru noticed the surroundings...

"Yeah." Said Saber...

"... I don't get a damn thing... Emilia hates me now-"

"Then stop being a bloody idiot. As far as they know, this is your plan. You can be their hero. Just set aside your grudges-"

"ITS NOT A DAMN GRUDGE!... Its all for Emilia, I can't believe you can't understand it.. I messed up.. There is no way ill do this right..."

"Then be the Hero rem says you are.. Be my hero too(Saber died inside saying this.) Don't give up even if you are stupid. That is your best quality... Redemption. You can do it Subaru. I do believe in you... No matter how dark fate may seem, I am sure you will be able to push through." Said saber...

Subaru stared at saber...

"Fine... I'll.. Do it for her." Said Subaru... Rem who was driving this carriage knew he wasn't talking about Rem...

"Very well... Pay attention. Now, The sin archbishop of sloth. He can use the unseen hands, you will have to die once to him to see this ability. and you will need to borrow a spirit from Julius, this way he won't be able to posses your body. His true form is that of a spirit of earth that can enter your body. And some villagers will be members of the witch cult. Crazed people. You will discern the followers of the archbishop by their compatibility towards spirits, which Julius' spirits will be able to discern. You need to kill all of his followers labeled "Fingers", they posses a gospel, If you don't kill all of his followers before killing him, it will lead into a massacre. And the citizens of Arlam will be at a great Risk, but please inform ram to not guide them into the sanctuary, Rather be protected by the iron fang group.... A man named Otto Suwen will be by pure casualty there, You must rescue him and hire him due to his great mind. And... That is all."

"... huh.... How the fuck do you know so much?.." Asked Subaru...

Saber decided to do something she would never do... Lie.

"I'm like you." Is what Saber said...

Subaru blinked... 

And was speechless...

Subaru stared out to the night sky...

"huh... We are in the highway?.." asked Subaru as he saw a ginormous tree he recalls seeing...

"Yeah... Subaru. It will be hard. But you can't give up. And remember... Do NOT enter the sanctuary." Said Saber...

"Okay.. But what the hell is the-"

"I have to go. I have to hunt a little whale..." Said Saber...

Subaru just now now realized...

"You don't have your sword..."

"Yeah, You broke it... Don't worry. It wasn't that important if it broke so easily." Said Saber.. Who was crying inside.

".. I'm sorry."

Saber smiled...

"I really crave some fish and chips... But.."

"Ta ta. Goodbye Mate. We had a lovely adventure." Said Saber...

Subaru was confused...

She crawled out of the window, As she jumped on to the highway near the Flugel tree...

As Crusch rode on her ground dragon, clad in armor... 

They exchanged a nod...

And Saber sat on her knees, waiting for the beast to arrive...

'This could really become a speedrun of Arc 3.'

Puahahhaha.

New chapter.

Saiba is not completely gone!

And yes.

More and more tension as something bad is going to happen.

Uh...

Questions?

And sorry for the rushed chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 48.1K 53
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
150K 4.5K 48
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) โ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹†เญจ๐Ÿ’Œเญงโ‹† หš๏ฝกโ‹† IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
990K 37.3K 88
๐—Ÿ๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ, ๐—น๐˜‚๐—ฐ๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ, ๐—”๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐˜€ ๐—น๐—ผ๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ฝ๐—น๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๏ฟฝ...
2.3M 118K 65
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...