The Musical Alchemist: An Edw...

By Fall0ut

One day she's making cookies with her mother. Another day she's at her mother's funeral. As weeks passed b... More

Information about Main Character
Chapter 1 - It all Starts Today
Chapter 2 - The New Trio
Chapter 3 - A Prayer with a Punch
Chapter 4 - Hey Kitty Kitty
Chapter 5 - The True Novice
Chapter 6 - Hello Mr. Mischievous Hughes
Chapter 7 - I Promise
Chapter 8 - An Unexpected Dog
Chapter 9 - The Dancing Child
Chapter 10 - Was it Worth It?
Chapter 11 - Deceiving Faces
Chapter 12 - Truth and Lies
Chapter 13 - It was a Rainy Day
Chapter 14 - The Challenges of Moving Forward
Chapter 15 - One Does not Simply Stay Still
Chapter 16 - A Box Among the Sheep
Chapter 17 - A Day in Resembool
Chapter 18 - Armstrong the Pervert
Chapter 19 - Relax? What's Relaxing?
Chapter 20 - Within the books laid Sheska
Chapter 21 - The Final Ingredient
Chapter 22 - Thank Gosh I'm Small?!
Chapter 23 - Oh Not Again
Chapter 24 - Curse You Milk!
Chapter 25 - Forgotten Family Ties
Chapter 26 - The Wrench
Chapter 27 - Happy Birthday
Chapter 28 (Under Editing)
Chapter 30 (Under Editing)
Chapter 31 (Under Editing)
Chapter 32 (Under Editing)
Chapter 33 (Under Editing)
Chapter 34 (Under Editing)
โ Easter Special! โ (Under Editing)
Chapter 35 - United Once Again (Under Editing)
Chapter 36 - Girl on the Battlefield (Under Editing)
Chapter 37 - Close Quarters (Under Editing)
Chapter 38 - Farewell (Under Editing)
Chapter 39 - A New Journey (Under Editing)
Chapter 40 - The Exchange (Under Editing)
Chapter 41 - Cold Soul (Under Editing)
Chapter 42 - Tunnels (Under Editing)
PLEASE READ

Chapter 29 (Under Editing)

1.7K 64 10
By Fall0ut

CLARE'S POV

It's time. I slide into my black dress and stepped into my black heels. I then walked to the mirror to put on my waterproof makeup. As I take a final breather before I step out of my room to face everyone for the funeral, I take a final glance of myself at the mirror. Hughes is right, I really do look like my mother.

*FLASH BACK*

While studing through these books with Hughes we decide for a bit to take a break to rest our brains.

Hughes: Phew all this researching is really making me break a sweat.

I look at him who's not sweaty at all.

Me: But you're not covered in sweat?

Hughes: Even if so, I feel like I do.

I sigh but laughed in the inside, that's just Hughes for yeah. I grab a few more books we were done with and slid them back into the shelfs.

Hughes: You really do look like your mother.

I finish putting the last book in and began walking back to him.

Me: What do you mean? I thought I only had my mother's eyes.

Hughes: That, but if you look close enough you look exactly like her from when she was about your age.

Me: Really?

Hughes: Mmhm.

He smiles and sits back on his chair.

Hughes: Later I'll tell you a story about me and your mother. You'll like it.

I smile and grabbed more books that we're done with.

Me: Okay.

*FLASH BACK ENDS*

I step out of the bedroom and begin to walk to the living room to see Gracia and Elicia as well as many others in black.

Me: And so it begins.

Elicia: CLARISSA!

She runs to me and she jumps into my arms.

Me: Hey Elicia.

I hug her and let her down.

Me: You ready to see daddy?

She nods and grabs my hand. We walk over to Gracia who's seems even more depressed than yesterday, so I quickly gave her a hug.

Me: We can make it though this. Now come on, lets get going.

She nods and I nod back trying to smile. We then all head out to the funeral home to see Hughes looking like he's sleeping peacefully. I let Gracia and Elicia go first and many others until I finally let myself go see him. Already I felt tears beginning to stream down my face but there's no going back now.

Me: Hughes. Uncle, I wish it didn't end this way. We had so much things to look forward to and so many stories to tell to each other but...

I bent down partly laying on his chest crying away.

Me: I let you down when you needed me most. I wasn't strong enough to protect you, I just... I just want you to come back. My mom, my dad, and now you...

Before I could go any futher someone touches my back. I look up with blurry eyes to see Mustang.

Me: Mustang...

I get up from Hughes and straightend myself out.

Me: I'm sorry sir, I just...

Right when I was about to finish my sentense he gives me a hug making me cry more.  I wish I could be stronger...  Stronger for everyone.

Mustang: I know how it feels to loose people close to you. I lost my parents at a young age and many others that were close to me. So Clarissa, stay strong and move forward. You have many friends and family right now that need you to be strong.

He lets go of me and looks at me still holding on to my arms.

Mustang: Keep that in mind.

I nod as he walks away. I look back to Hughes and for the last time I go to hug him. I'll miss you Uncle Hughes, you'll never be forgotten. I walk out the room everyone is in and catched some fresh air outside to notice Gracia crying on a bench. I walk over to her and grabbed her hands.

Gracia: Clarissa, what are you doing out here? It's raining, you should stay inside.

Me: I was going to get some fresh air but I noticed you were here. Where's Elicia?

Gracia: With Mustang.

I nod and sat beside her.

Me: I know this is tough, believe me. My mom, my dad, and now Hughes have now passed on, but yet I manage because I know I still have friends and family that are still there for me.

I grab her shoulders to face me.

Me: So even if Hughes has passed on, you still have Elicia, your friends, and now me.

I just budge out a smile and pulled her into a hug. From the corner of my eye I can see Mustang looking at us.

Me: Like a good friend once told me, you need to stay strong and move forward. Elicia is going to need lots of support since I have been in her shoes. So please be strong for just not for your sake, but for Elicia's. This is what Hughes would want you to do.

I let her go and I get up giving her a hand.

Me: Lets go get Elicia, shall we?

She nods and I help her up. I walk to where I saw Mustang and sure enough he's still there with Elicia talking. Once we get over there, Mustang smiles at me and passes Elicia over to Gracia.

Me: Thanks.

Mustang: For?

Me: You know what I meant.

He lightly smirks and we all make our way back inside to soon headed towards the graveyard. As Hughes begins to get burried, Elicia starts to break down.

Elicia: Why are they burying daddy mommy? Clarissa? PLEASE STOP BURYING DADDY! HE SAID HE WOULD COME BACK TO SEE ME! DADDY! DADDY WAKE UP! DADDY!

I quickly pick up Elicia before she ran at the grave and pulled her into a hug.

Me: Shhh Elicia shhh.

I begin petting her head to help her calm down but it was no use. I couldn't help but tear up again, but this time I only teared up a little since right now Gracia and Elicia need me to be strong for them. Once the funeral was over Gracia and Elicia made their way home while I stayed back. I watched everyone leave except Mustang and Hawkeye. I look in my hands to see the single red rose I have and stepped forward to his grave.

Me: May you rest in peace Uncle. If there really is really a heaven or some kind of thing you go to after death. I hope you get to see my Mother and Father again. You will be greatly be missed.

A single tear drips down my face as I placed the red rose on his grave. I then slowly make my way torwards my apartment. I decided to take the long walk around since I needed some time alone before heading out towards my next mission assigned by Führer Bradley. When I finally got home, I gradually change into my fighting gear outfit depressed, and eventually afterwards I pack my backpack with some clothes, water, and some money. I look at the mirror to see my makeup is still fully intacted, so I head out my apartment to head by Gracia's one last time before I headed off. When I got there the house was silent. As I walked into the kitchen I find a note left from Gracia.

Dear Clarissa,

I decided for the time being it was best for me and Elicia to go visit my parents. We know you were about to go on a mission, so by that I thought it would be best to go visit my parents since they will keep her happy. Hopefully by the time we get back, you'll be coming back at the same time too and you can continue being here for Elicia the best as you can with your job.

Love, your Aunt Gracia.

P.S.

I'll stay strong, for me and for Elicia's sake.

I smile to myself that she's staying strong, so I head out locking the door for her and headed towards the train station. I soon met up with a bunch of other soldiers assigned on the same mission to suddenly see... Oh no... Armstrong. He then notices me soon and runs over giving me a huge hug... And so it begins...

Armstrong: Clarissa!

Me: Oh hi Armstrong.

He begins to stop hugging me and looks at me.

Armstrong: Still depressed?

Me: No I'm completely happy, what does it look like Armstrong?

Armstrong backs away a little.

Armstrong: Yikes don't have to be so harsh.

Out of no where Führer Bradley pops up and pats Armstrong's back.

Führer Bradley: Ah Armstrong just give her some space. She needs time alone.

Armstrong: Yes Führer Bradley Sir, I understand.

He then walks away leaving me alone with Führer Bradley.

Me: How can I help you sir?

Führer Bradley: You ready?

I nod and he pats me on the head.

Führer Bradley: That's good. Once we arrive at Dublith I will then give you your instructions to your mission, understand Musical Alchemist?

I nod and he leaves while I salute at him. Once he gone out of view, I go sit on a nearby bench looking at the sky.

Me: Ed, hopefully soon we'll get to see each other again.

I mumble to myself as I watch the birds fly through the sky. I could really use a person to lean on right now. I think of the times where Ed has been there for me and how he's helped me go through these tough times. I wonder how he and Al are going to react once they find out Hughes is dead? I feel tears fighting to release from my eyes again but I push them away. Soon the train arrives and I take my seat within a booth of a train.

*********************************************************************

We finally arrive in Dublith and it's about early evening by how the sun is positioned in the sky. I now follow behind Armstrong going underground into a sewer passageway that's suppose to go underneath Greed's hangout. But before we enter, Führer Bradley gave me specific orders to assist Armstrong and do as he says.

Me: What exactly is the plan anyway?

Armstrong: For me and you, the plan is to sneak into Greed's hangout and surprise attack them.

Me: I see. Seems pretty straight forward.

Armstrong nods his head. Soon we arrive at a big detached hallway which Armstrong stops at.

Armstrong: This way.

We quietly walk down the hallway until we heard voices.

Lady: Who am I?  You're asking who am I? I'M A FREAKIN HOUSE WIFE!

Suddenly we hear a loud boom, but before I could run forward Armstrong holds me back.

Armstrong: Wait.

I nod and then he waves his hand as I made a run for it to the room the noise came from. Once I enter, I see a man on the ground leaning against a wall as well as a lady and... Ed?

Me: Ed?

Ed turns around looking completely surprised just as I am.

Ed: Clare?

I nod and I ran beside him to see him all injured up.

Me: Are you alright?

Ed: Yeah I guess, but never mind that. Why are you here?

Me: No time to explain, but that guy is part of my mission.

Ed: Mission?

Me: Again no time to explain.

I walk to Greed and he begins smirking.

Greed: Ah at last I finally get to meet you, Musical Alchemist.

He gets up and moves torwards me.

Me: Ah so you've heard of me? That just makes this much more interesting.

I touch the ground to make two guitar swords.

Greed: You are pretty popular and let me say, they were right about how attractive you are.

Me: Shut the fuck up and surrender now before I have to make things difficult.

Greed: And why should I surrender myself when you can?

He then dives at me but I simply dodge him.

Me: Can you do better than that, hmph I thought you would be better?

Greed: Shut up!

He attacks me again and I slice him in the stomach.

Me: What the...

Before I could react he punches me square in the face making me fly back.

Me: Damn it, what is his shield made out of?

Ed: His shield is made out of carbon.

Me: That explains a lot.

Greed: Now things just got interesting, but I rather not waste my time with you babe.

He quickly runs off.

Me: That bastard, he thinks he can get away.

I begin sprinting after him until I see him fighting Führer Bradley. I look around me to see chimera surrounding me from every opening.

Me: Fuck.

Chimera 1: Whatcha gonna do now pretty lady?

I smirk, jumping over the one chimera and sliced it's head off.

Me: Who's next?

They all begin running at me so I begin killing them off one by one until there was only one left.

Me: Scared?

The chimera shakes his head but before I could do anything Armstrong gets it.

Me: Thanks.

Armstrong: No problem. Go back and stay with Ed.

Me: But?

Armstrong: He needs you right now, I'll bring his brother back don't worry.

I take in a deep breath and nodded. I run back to see Ed and the lady with multiple soldiers with guns by their heads.

Me: Stand down.

They look over to me and put down their guns.

Ed: Are you in charge or something?

Me: No I was just assisting Armstrong, but now I was assigned by him a new task.

Ed: And that is?

Me: To protect you.

Ed lightly smiles as I smile back.

Ed: What about my brother?

Me: Armstrong said he has that under control.

Ed nods and I look over to the lady.

Me: Who's she?

Ed: That's my teach... my friend Izumi.

Me: Well it's nice to meet you Izumi.

She smiles as I whisper into Ed's ear.

Me: She was your teacher wasn't she?

He nods and I smile.

Me: Kinda figured she was.

Izumi: I was what?

Me: Oh nothing.

I go to a solider and got them to bring me the medics. They soon come down and they fix up Ed since he's all cut up.

Me: So you let yourself get beaten up by him just to figure that out?

Ed: What else was I suppose to do?

Me: I guess you have your point, I would've done the same.

Soon enough Ed's all bandaged up and Armstrong walks in with a bloody head.

Me: Oh my gosh Armstrong. Medics fix him up.

The medics run over to Armstrong and start fixing him up.

Armstrong: Turns out the main ones were just up ahead and you only got the easy ones.

Me: Aha lucky me.

Armstrong rolls his one eye that's not banaged up already and flexes his hand.

Armstrong: Oh by the way, Führer Bradley wants to see you when you guys are ready. He has a few questions for Ed and Al.

I nod and soon helped Ed down the sewer passageways.

Ed: I wonder what he's going to question us about?

Me: Most likely what happened before we got here and any information that Greed spilled on you two.

Ed: Wouldn't that mean he's going to ask my teacher?

Me: Who knows.

We finally meet up with Führer Bradley to see Al passed out on the ground. How is that even possible?

Ed runs up to Al.

Ed: Al wake up! Come on buddy wake up! AL!

Al starts to move his head to see Ed and me.

Al: Brother?

Ed: Yeah are you okay?

Al: Are you okay? You're all covered in blood.

Ed looks down on his body, making Al look down to see blood all over him and puts his hands on his head.

Armstrong slowly walks up to us and stands beside Ed.

Armstrong: We thought it was best to remove the body by opening your armor.

Al: I couldn't save her...

He begins to cry making me and Ed feel bad.

Ed: You can blame yourself Al. Come on lets go home okay?

Did he just forget about Führer Bradley and speaking of the devil. Führer Bradley walks up to us with his personal soldiers and stands in front of us.

Führer Bradley: Hold it you two, I have a few questions I have to ask before you both leave.

Armstrong moves out of the way and soon Führer Bradley stands in that place.

Führer Bradley: Do either of you have any previous dealings with the man who referred to himself as Greed?

Ed stands up.

Ed: No of course not.

Führer Bradley: Did you happen to trade any matter of information with him?

Ed: Not at all, the military was never even mention, not once.

Führer Bradley: That isn't my concern, let me be more specific.

His face then quickly begins to look really scary, creeping me out.

Führer Bradley: If you arranged a deal or shared any knowledge with him then I'll execute both of you right now.

I gulp.

Führer Bradley: I'll ask again, did you share any knowledge that might effect the military.

Ed: No, can we go now?

Führer Bradley: I am curious about your steel arm and leg and your brother's armored body. Is there any connection between the two?

Me, Ed and Al gasp but quickly I pretended I didn't.

His face soon goes relieved and laughs.

Führer Bradley: You really are an honest kid. Alright men pull out. You make sure you take good care of your younger brother Edward.

He begins to walk away but quickly turns around.

Führer Bradley: Oh I almost forgot. Musical Alchemist, you are dismissed from your mission now. You may stay with Fullmetal if you please to do so, and also... Take care of those boys.

He then leaves, leaving us all speechless...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.6K 3.1K 40
Psst....yeah you, should check out my story. May be to your fancy ๐Ÿ˜ -I don't own the characters or the pictures- Beware there may-CORRECTION- will b...
15.4K 363 12
You and the Elric Brothers were great friends when you were younger. But after they attempted human transmutation, they burned their house down and l...
30.6K 709 25
Hey guys! This is my first ever x reader so if it is bad I am so sorry. This story line will not be like the story line of the anime so yeah. I am tr...
160K 5.4K 29
From the moment you were born, you were loved unconditionally. Your mother - the one who loved you and stood by you since day one. Your father - a st...