Arranged Marriage | Taennie

By vnnie_mylovee

People has dreams, but they dont always come true. They see your smile but not the pain behind it. Most impor... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 (pt.1)
Chapter 28 (pt.2)

Chapter 6

178 14 0
By vnnie_mylovee

Seoul, South Korea
27th November.

Its been a few days since Tzuyu has recovered from her sadness, of the rejection. She is now more concentrated on her studies and the ongoing exams. But she didn't forget to check on Jennie, whenever she could. Jennie was the one who used to check on her to see if she's doing well or not. But nowadays she went back to her daze again, it's getting worse now. The cut in her hand already healed but it was still a lot visible.

"Hey, Jen unnie!" Lisa clutched Jennie's blazer as she turned around with a smile.

"Hii, Lis!" Jennie greeted back.

"What's up, girlie?" Lisa asked put her hand around Jennie's waist as they walked ahead.

"Nothing much to be honest. Just preparing for the next mock test. By the way, what a fantastic score you made! I couldn't believe you improved so much! You know my mouth shaped a 'O' when I saw your name in the top 3's! Like it was so shocking and surprising." Jennie spoke as Lisa smiled slightly. She herself couldn't believe it though. She thought she wouldn't even be in the top 10's but well, she was on the top 3!

"Haha, lol. What do you mean though, like you're seventh! Its great too," Lisa said as they entered the canteen. It was the lunch break and they planned they'll be treating each other lunch.

"Hm.." Jennie sighed. She expected her to score more than this. It was too less for her to score. She knew something was wrong with her, she was too stressed to make a better score.

"Unnie?" Lisa wiggled Jennie's shoulder to snap her out to reality. She looked up and smiled a little. "Unnie, what happened?"

"Ah, nothing. I was just thinking about something.. by the way have you seen Sana?" Jennie asked. She looked around as Lisa shooked her head.

"Nope, I didn't see her at all. But I saw her stacking up her books inside her locker, I didn't get to talk to her though. I was in a bit hurry." Lisa spoke.

"Oh.. hm, I hope she remembers us though, haha. I've been waiting for this day. Like Chae treating us lunch is something very usual but-" Jennie got cut off by Chaeyoung as she squealed and quickly hugged the two girls.

"Girls!! Oh my gosh.. I thought you wouldn't come to the canteen today.. I thought you'd betray me again!" Chaeyoung went in the middle and held both the girls hands as they walked.

"We were literally talking bout you Chae!" Lisa spoke. All of them sat on one of the tables that were at the corner, just beside the glass window, the outside view mesmerising them as always.

"By the way, Chae? Did you see Sana?" Jennie asked. Chaeyoung looked up and shook her head, leaving Jennie disappointed.

"Actually no. But I did talk to her a few days ago. It was the day after the new project was announced. But I thought you two met yesterday though.. didn't she say she'll come at your place to spend time gaming with you?" Chaeyoung spoke as Jennie gasped. Exactly! She forgot about it. She became worried. Why would she not show up? And why didn't she come to her dorm?

"But.. she didn't come... ugh, I'm so worried... Let me text her wait!" Jennie quickly brought out her phone and texted Sana. It showed that Sana saw the text messages last week. Jennie got even worried as she simply typed something and looked up. Her face became pale because of the tension that kept distracting her.

"No answer? Jen, what's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked as she grabbed Jennie's hands. She was scared something happened with her but shrugged it off when Jennie showed her the phone screen.

"Girls, let's go to Sana's dorm. If she isn't there we'll ask her parents. Okay?" Jennie spoke and everyone nodded.

"Look! Tzuyu and Chaewon!" Lisa yelled and waved at the two girls that were walking towards them with a big smile.

"Hii! Ah, its been so long since we last saw!" Chaewon spoke as she sat next to Lisa and Tzuyu sat next to Chaeyoung. They agreed to Chaewon and laughed a little, Kim Chaewon changed a lot now.

"Tzuyu! Oh my gosh.. when did we last met again?!" Lisa pointed out to Tzuyu as she laughed a little and nodded.

"I know right. My schedule had a lot of change in these two weeks that I didn't even get the time to come over at your place. How are you though? Is everything going well with you?" Tzuyu asked.

"Hm, yeah. I'm pretty good. The last mock test was really tiring and it always made me nervous. But oh well... I'm second!! Did you see the board last week? I think you were there.." Lisa said and Tzuyu quickly nodded, smiling widely. She was really impressed by her score. Chaewon was in a great shock as she gasped, with her palm on top of her head. Like seriously, Lisa never scored that much. She literally got a whole bunch points and scored the best out of all. Jennie laughed at Chaewon's expression as the other girls laughed along.

"Yeah, I saw it! That was so shocking to be honest. But Lisa-yah! That's brilliant.. cant believe it, haha.." Tzuyu pointed back and reached out for her hands. They intertwined their fingers and smiled at each other, really warmly.

5 good minutes passed like that and the rest of the others joined them too. It was planned from a very long ago, that they'll be hanging out. Jennie, Chaeyoung, Lisa, Tzuyu, Chaewon, Haerin and a few more girls who only hanged out at the terrace.

Thats how the day went. Even though Jennie was not in a good mood, at all, she actually enjoyed everything and hopefully without falling into her daze. When Jennie came back to her place, it was late at the evening. A whole day at the University, attending the test, going to part time job for 2 hours, tutoring and finally coming back only to get ready and check out Sana with the other girls. Jennie actually wanted to sleep for a while but the thought of Sana stopped her.

They all walked over to the hallway, towards Sana's place and stopped right before the door. Chaeyoung rang the door bell and they heard the bell echo through the whole room. But there was no sign of Sana inside the room. They shared a disappointed look on their faces and glanced at each other. Jennie brought out her phone and dialed Sana's number, as expected she didn't pick up. She quickly dialed Sana's parents number and they picked it up.

Hello.. Jennie? Oh, hi dear. How's everything going? - Mrs. Minatozaki answered the call and squealed. It has been a long while since she talked to Jennie. She did hear from Sana that Jennie is in the same class as hers.

Uhm hi auntie... I- uh.. yeah Everythings going well. Uhm.. I... - Jennie hesitated and pursed her lips.

Jennie dear? Are you okay? - Mrs. Minatozaki spoke, worriedly.

Uhm aunt.. Is.. Is.. d-did Sana talk to you? - Jennie asked. She was really nervous. She heard a sigh from Mrs Minatozaki making her worried.

Yes, she did. We just talked a while ago. B-but why? I thought.. - Mrs. Minatozaki sounded really disappointed. Jennie knew why but she didn't say anything about it, instead she asked another question.

Auntie, do you know where she is? W-we've been looking for her... and-  Jennie was cut off by Mrs. Minatozaki. 

Jennie, dear.. I guess you didn't hear about it. Sana returned to Japan two days ago. She told me that she didn't get the chance to meet you guys and she's extremely sorry about it. She even tried to call you but your phone number enabled at that moment, as she told me about it, and its not a lie, dear. I know you must be very upset but it is what it is. Dont worry though, she'll come back next month. It wont be a big stay at Japan, trust me. - Mrs. Minatozaki spoke and it became cleared to everyone, as Jennie put the call on speaker. They were actually very sad but they knew she will return and that she will probably contact them once the glitch fixes. The girls was happy to know that she tried to talk to them even through her busy schedule, they understood Sana very much.

Oh.. Thanks aunt, for letting me know. I was really worried about Sana and now that you told me.. its all cleared up. By the way, if you could, please tell her that we didn't mind her sudden disappearance and that we understand her. Also please tell her to call me in my other number, I'll text you it. And again, thank you so much, aunt! - Jennie spoke and Mrs. Minatozaki chuckled at her.

Of course, Jennie, I'll definitely tell her about you guys and copy-paste your phone number to her. By the way you dont need to thank me that many times, dear, haha. It's my pleasure and I'm always available, just call me when you have any questions.. okay, sweetie? - Mrs. Minatozaki spoke, in a soft voice. She always adored Jennie so much since childhood. She was one of Jennie's favourite aunt's back then. They would always show up at their house and the two girls, Jennie and Sana would play. She remembers the day when the two families went on a vacation at Maldives during summer holidays. It was a fun time there and Chaeyoung and her family also came with them.

Okay, aunt! I'll talk to you whenever I could. Take care! - Saying that, Jennie hung up and looked at each of the girls and chuckled a little. Her eyes showed a glimpse of sadness and her face pale. They all frowned at her while Jennie just turned around, indicating that she'll be leaving and for them to follow her too.

"Aww, I miss Sana so much now! Like I wish we could go to Japan with her and hang out there.." Lisa spoke and her frowned again.

"I know right!" Chaeyoung spoke, frowning as well. Chae slid a hand into Jennie's arms and snuggled into her.

Tzuyu and Lisa did the same, copying the other two girls as they smiled mischievously at each other.

Jennie yawned. She messed up her hair and opened her mouth to speak, "Hm.. yeah, I really miss her now.." Jennie slowly opened the door of her dorm as the other girls bid her bye.

"See ya guys tomorrow. I'm really tired now so I cant come with you now. But I'll definitely do later. Byee!" Jennie quickly closed the door once the other girls bid bye and left.

She put her handbag back at its place and went to get freshed up. She took a shower and did her night routine, she changed into her night dress as she went to the kitchen to make something real quick.

After eating and cleaning up everything, she came back to her bedroom and sat on the chair to study a bit. She usually studies even earlier and go up for dinner right at this time, but today, she wanted to get herself done with eating first and then study so she could concentrate more. Plus, she was starving.

It was currently 9 in the late evening. It was quite early but oh well. She really doesn't care. Actually, you cant let yourself starve like that just because its not the right meal time yet, you need to whenever you feel like it.

After a couple of hours, the whole room went silent and you couldn't hear anything else than the small cute snores from Jennie. It was already midnight and she just tucked herself into sleep over the desk, even though it was kind of uncomfortable, she just slept, it mattered more than anything.

A phone rang which woke her up. She thought, why was she sleeping? She was supposed to solve the maths! She didn't really expect Mathematics to bring sleep to her eyes, cause usually it makes all her sleepiness escape within a minute of doing maths.

She picked up the call greeted the caller with a drowsy and sleepy voice.

H-hello? - Jennie answered the call. The other party chuckled at her voice.

Hi there, Jennie dear. Did you sleep already? - the mother spoke.

Oh, mom! Ah.. y-yeah I fell asleep while studying.. how are you doing mom? - Jennie asked. She quickly stacked up her books and put it back to its place, organizing the desk.

Hmm, I'm good. How's everything going with you, sweetheart? - the mother asked.

Everything is going well. Its just a bit tiring but I managed it. How is dad and unnie? - Jennie asked. She slowly stood up and closed the desk lights. Jennie then went to her bed and sat and at the edge of it.

Dad is great. And your unnie is still working over her assignments and giving different practicals. She's been getting sick of it, I'm really worried about her. I hope she succeeds everything.. ah, Jennie, I'll talk to you later. You should sleep now, you must be very tired.

Okay, mom. Good night! - Jennie said.

Good night.. - they hung up the call as both, mother and daughter went to bed and slept.

Jennie didn't do much as she closed the lights and laid down on the bed. She tucked the blanket over her body and closed her eyes, drifting to sleep.

Everything is changing, it really is. And the future is gonna be really tough, Jennie knows it. Whatever her gut is saying is true and it really is. No matter what will happened and who triggers her life, she will fight with it.

Although she doesn't know that something is being planned about her, not in a bad way. It is something that her family is discussing and they didn't inform it to her yet.

They've been discussing about her, something unusual, they know their daughter will probably deny it, even though she never did. But it was very important to them. It really needed to happen. Although they promised that they would let her choose it, like how she wants it, it was supposed to be her choice. But this isn't over her will either. They know she will be happy, and the plan will make her happy. Maybe not at first when she hears about it but she will, no matter what.

Jennie had a nightmare all of a sudden, it came, scared her, and it got away. Jennie gasped as she sat up and grabbed a glass of water from the nightsatnd. She drank the whole water and gulped, in fear.

But she still went back to sleep. Cause she needed to.

——–—

I hope you like the chapter! Ik that you guys already got a few clues about the next chapter (im spoiling it 🤡).

Tysm for reading and for your votes. I would really appreciate if you can leave some feadbacks and your thoughts about the story.

Byeee!!

- vnnie_mylovee

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4M 248K 62
y/n and Taehyung who are no way in love with each other are arranged into a marriage by their parents...how would they live as a married couple and w...
56K 2K 59
Jennie comes from a rich family, but doesnt want to appear rich. She wants to be simply be normal like no other are. She likes to wear clothes that a...
22.6K 625 41
A story where these ship:Liskook,Jirose,Taennie,Jinsoo take the main role🤗 Liskook:After being away from him for 4 years ,she went back to her belov...
287K 8K 53
Two idols had a bitter past but she still has feelings for him. Can he define his feelings in the end? It has been a tough rollercoaster ride for the...