~THE STORY OF THE SHADOW~

By s_a_m_username

FIRST BOOK OF TWO. What happens when a kid gets kidnapped by Hydra? What happens when they experiment on th... More

1.~THE BEGGINING~
2.~A NEW LIGHT~
3.~WHAT THE HELL?~
4.~UNEXPECTED LIFE~
5.~MEANINGS OF RED~ pt.1
6.~MEANINGS OF RED~ PT. 2
7.~AREN'T YOU SCARED?~
8.~WHAT DO YOU FEEL?~
9.~THE TRUTH~
10.~A BIT OF A MESS~
11.~TRYING TO APOLOGIZE~
12.~A NEW ELEMENT~
13.~SHOW OFF~
14.~THINKING ABOUT~
15.~A DAY TOGETHER~
16.~STRONGER~
17.~UNEXPECTED CALL~
18.~MEETING~
19.~MIXED SIGNALS~
20.~HOLY SHIT~
21.~JUST TELL ME!~
22.~WHAT ABOUT US?~
23.~WORK TO DO~
24.~MONSTER~
25.~MENTALLY HURT~
27.~TALKING TO A FRIEND~
28.~LOVE AND THREATS~
29.~GRATEFULL~
30.~DUMB IDEA~
31.~SHAWARMA~
32.~BIG FAMILY~
33.~SWEET DREAMS~
34.~WORSE WAKING~
35.~HARD MORNINGS~
36.~JUST THE SAME~
37.~JUST A BOOK~
38.~TAKING A FLIGHT~
39.~VILLAGE~
40.~HISTORY & MYTH~

26.~I CARE ABOUT YOU~

156 5 0
By s_a_m_username

Hello! I want to thank all of you for all the support you're giving me. Even if it's only one read. I didn't think anyone would like this story so I kinda started for myself but now I know that there are others who want to know what happens to the couple I'm writing about.

Now I won't bother you anymore so let's start with the story again.

Warnings: none. Enjoy<3

One hour later
Medical site, Helicarrier

Natasha pov:

The sight in front of me is something I hate.
Y/n is in their wolf form, with their torso all wrapped in bandages, laid down on the medical bed, breathing heavily.

I'm getting flashbacks...

They probably passed out a few minutes after I left them to go get Clint. The doctors said that Clint will be fine and he just needs to rest, but Y/n has two broken ribs.

The doctors still said that they would be fine in a matter of hours due to their healing abilities but I'm still concerned. Seeing them in this state makes me feel like I should have done more. It's my fault they're here, they are in this situation because they tried to protect me.

I feel so bad, and I even feel bad for feeling bad. All these emotions aren't something I want to feel. I know that we're already together but there is a reason I haven't actually tried acting like a couple with them, and it seems like they know that, because they haven't even tried acting any different way towards me. Maybe just a little more affectionate in their talking but nothing more than that.

God, I don't deserve them, but they still choose me and I will try my best to improve this part of me. I just don't like to show any romantic thought or feeling because I'm scared of what might happen...

Suddenly I hear a whine next to me and I look back down at them to see them moving and slowly opening their eyes.

Y/n pov:

I slowly start to gain consciousness again.
I feel a slight discomfort in my chest and my back whenever I try to move. I open my eyes, blinking a few times from the light, and I look around me.
I see Natasha sat on the edge of the bed, and I soon understand what happened. I must have passed out after the fight.

I look at Natasha and I notice how she's trying to hide how worried she is.

"Welcome back in the real world"

She says sarcastically.

"How long has it been?"

"Only one hour, don't worry"

"I'm not the one worrying"

"What do you mean?"

"You know you can't fool me, Tasha"

When I say that, she blushes and looks down at her hands.

"Wanna tell me what's on your mind?"

She shakes her head, still not looking at me.

"Please? Don't make me use the best puppy eyes you've ever seen"

She looks completely in the opposite direction and does a horrible job trying to hide her chuckle, which makes me smile (the best I can in this form anyway).
She then, turns to me with a sad smile and she reaches her hand and starts caressing the fur on my neck and behind my ears. This makes me lower them and close my eyes, happy at the feeling but soon after I look at her.

"I just feel bad..."

"About what?"

She hesitate for a moment before she speaks again with a broken voice.

"It's my fault that you're here..."

"Why would you think that?"

I ask softly.

"Because you got hurt trying to protect me. You shouldn't have"

"Were you controlling my mind while I did it?"

"No but-"

"Just answer, yes or no?"

"No..."

"That means that I did it because I wanted to"

"But why would you risk your life for me?"

"Why wouldn't I? I care about you more than anyone in this place. That's why I did it. I wanted you to be safe"

She looks away to hide her smile.

"I don't understand how you can be so good to me"

"I can because you're good to me too"

"I'm not that good..."

"I know why you say that but I promise that when I look at you I don't see any kind of monster. I see a woman who was used and brainwashed to think that she is. You're not what you think you are."

She finally looks at me, but as soon as she does her eyes travel down my body to my chest and the bandages.

"Did the doctor say anything about how long I have to keep those?"

"He said that you could take them off as soon as you woke up. The healing process should be done by now"

"Can you please help me? I would like to shift back, I have to do something."

She nods and stands up to be more comfortable while taking the bandages off of me.
While she does, she has that cute, concentrated look on her face, trying not to hurt me in the process.

When she finishes, I sit up and shift back into my human form.
She acts like she's doing something, to avoid eye contact with me, she turns away and takes a while to throw the bandages in the bin. I chuckle and get up to walk towards her. When I reach her, I sneak my arms around her waist and hug her from behind, leaning my head on her shoulder.

At first, she freezes, but soon she starts to relax in my touch and leans her back on me.

I sway us from left to right and she just follows my lead.
After a few seconds, I ask her with a soft voice, almost whispering

"How are you feeling now?"

She closes her eyes before answering just as softly

"Confused... Happy... Scared... Many things."

I nod and hide my head in the crock of her neck. This action makes her blush, but she takes one of her hands up to my head and runs it through my hair. I smile and I get an idea.

"Would you be mad if I tried something?.."

She looks at me confused and turns to me.
When she does my hands stay on her waists.

I keep my grip on her and slowly lean in, at first she freezes again but after just a few milliseconds she starts to lean in as well.

Not even a second later, our lips are touching in one of the most passionate, but soft, kisses we ever had. Even if this could actually count as our real first kiss. The last one was more than a year ago and this is the first we ever had since we made it official yesterday.

Our lips keep dancing together as she leans her arms around my neck, and pushes me more toward her, with her hands on the back of my neck.

I smile as she reciprocates just when she smiles too.

After a few seconds someone knocks on the, already open, door and we both turn, with widen eyes. We see Steve smirking at us and we both blush furiously.
My back is turned to him, that way Natasha tries to hide from him. And I just hug her close to me while chuckling.

"Hope I didn't interrupt anything important"

"What do you think, ice cube?"

He chuckle and turns to look at Natasha.

"I just wanted to let you know that Agent Barton is awake. I'll leave you two now"

Just like that he walks away. Natasha looks at me and I see how her eyes shine from the news. She gives me one last kiss before sprinting out the door to go see Clint.

I just chuckle at her antics and I take my stuff before walking after her, not rushing anything...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

338K 8.1K 96
"All my life I've been called a monster. But when I met you, you showed me otherwise." Iron man 2-Avengers: Endgame I DO NOT OWN ANY MARVEL CHARACT...
72.6K 2.8K 24
Another Love Story? AU? Kind of... Eleven years ago, Hydra created a genetically-modified embroyo, that you stole from them before it even became a b...
14.9K 361 23
𝙇𝙀𝙏 𝙈𝙀 𝙇𝙄𝙁𝙏 𝘼𝙉𝘿 𝘿𝙀𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙊𝙔 𝙔𝙊𝙐 𝘽𝙇𝘼𝘾𝙆𝙃𝙄𝙇𝙇 𝙇𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙍𝙎 𝘼𝘽𝙊𝙐𝙏 It Starts and Ends Where Love Began ventures through the...
216K 4.2K 48
A reader x Natasha Romanoff story where the reader is a mutant that Fury wants to be on the Avengers. What happens when she falls for Natasha Romanof...