Sugar, Spice and a pinch of F...

By PaigeDaniels

Jessica Aubry is your typical 17 year-old high school student. She goes to school and has to deal with troubl... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Sneak peek
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
FAQs and My Replies
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Vote for the Cast! :))
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Facebook Page
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52 (The End?)
Chapter 53 (Epilogue)
Author's Note
Sneak Peak
The Sequel!
Editing
Review

Chapter 45

26.1K 198 33
By PaigeDaniels

A/N: Happy Sweet Sixteen @LatifahAndHaleema! Hope you have an amazing day! :))

---------- Chapter 45 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I tiptoe into Haden’s room all the while grinning. He’s going to be so surprised!

I put my present on the bed and step back to watch the fun. Tyler, the little puppy that I had just bought walks uncertainly towards Haden, his little tail waggling happily. Aww, Tyler likes Haden!

Tyler begins licking Haden’s face and Haden groans a little, shifting in his sleep. Obviously not one to give up, Tyler climbs over Haden and begins licking his face again. This time though, he goes for Haden’s lips.

I watch in amusement as Haden’s lips turn up a little in a small smile. His eyes are still closed tightly, but he’s waking up.

               “Hey baby,” he whispers while Tyler continues licking him. I stifle a laugh as I watch this once in a lifetime happening. “I didn’t take you for a licker.”

               “Happy Birthday Haden,” I whisper, my voice breaking a little as I try not to burst out in a fit of giggles.

“I wouldn’t mind being woken up like that every morning,” he murmurs sweetly, stretching a little. Haden smiles and sits up groggily. That’s when he opens his eyes and looks around his bed in confusion. I suppose he expected me to be there. Understandable.

Tyler jumps onto his lap then making Haden jump up in shock. “What the hell?!” he shouts, climbing out of his bed. He’s only got his boxer shorts on and he looks yummy. So yummy that I kind of forgot that Haden expected an answer.

               “Baby, why’s there a rat on my bed?” Haden asks, his voice tensed.

               “It isn’t a rat! That’s Tyler! He’s your puppy,” I coo, scooping Tyler out of the bed.

Haden stares at me quizzically while he runs his hand through his messy hair. “I don’t get it. It’s my birthday,” he mumbles slowly. Heh! I love this Haden, so confused and adorable.

               “That’s right,” I giggle, getting onto my tip toes so I can kiss him quickly. Haden shrinks back before I can though. I stare at him in shock. Did I do something wrong?

               “Dog slobber,” he explains disgustedly as he wipes his face on his arms and the bed sheet and basically anything within reach.

               “You don’t like him? I ask after a couple of awkward moments of silence.

               “Well...it’s not that I don’t like him in specific. I’m sure he’s a perfectly acceptable rat-looking excuse for a dog...but I really don’t like animals Jess,” he mutters, still looking a little disgusted.

               “But he’s adorable!” I argue, holding Tyler out so Haden could see the full extent of his cuteness.

               “Yeah, adorable,” Haden agrees half-heartedly, flopping back onto his bed, closing his eyes.

I pout a little as I sit on the edge of his bed. I wanted to get him something special. Haden grabs me around the waist and pull me down onto the bed beside him. He straddles me and strokes my face gently.

               “I’m sorry. I just wanted to get you something different,” I mumble sadly.

               “Don’t be sorry. It’s really thoughtful of you Jess,” he whispers leaning in to kiss me before he suddenly releases a yelp of pain. He pulls away from me immediately toppling off the bed. I jump up in confusion wondering what the hell he was doing.

               “That little flea bag bit me!” he accuses, clearly shocked.

               “He didn’t mean it! He was just scared! You must have crushed him when you were leaning in,” I defend, picking Tyler up.

Haden glares at the little puppy in my hands murderously.

               “Where’d he bite you Hay?” I ask, deciding it might be smarter to side with my boyfriend/ guardian rather than the little puppy.

But instead of answering me, Haden get’s red in the face and I burst into a fit of laughter. “Did Tyler hurt your man hood?” I ask through a snort.

Haden turns his glare on me before getting up, rather awkwardly I might add. “I’m going to get ready,” he mutters loudly, storming into his bathroom. I lie back down on the bed, still smiling wickedly. I grab Tyler and hold him against me, petting him affectionately.

               “You’re such a smart little puppy, Tyler! I knew Haden being only in his boxers was like asking for something to happen,” I whisper happily as Tyler wiggles around in my whole.

               “Haden!” I call walking towards his bathroom.

               “What?” he snaps, I suppose he’s still a little embarrassed.

               “Can I make you breakfast? Get out of the shower and climb back into bed. I’ll make you breakfast in bed,” I suggest, leaning against his bathroom door.

               “Sure, just get the mongrel out of my room,” he instructs clearly before I hear the shower turn off. I grin, grab Tyler and run down the stairs, eager to please.

               “What’s your hurry?” Matt asks amusedly, holding his hands out to take Tyler from me. Matt and Alex met Tyler last night while Haden was out with friends. They actually helped me contact a friend of theirs who was selling him cheap.

               “Making Haden breakfast in bed!” I call gleefully.

               “We bought him a cake, so go bring him down. He’s spoilt enough as it is, no need to serve him breakfast in bed. That’s his usual morning routine,” Alex chuckles, pulling a huge chocolate cake out of the fridge.

I can feel myself beginning to salivate. My weakness is chocolate, so sue me!

               “Go get your lover boy,” Alex snickers, lighting the candles and setting everything up. I nod my head and dash back up. Haden’s drying his hair, looking kind of tired. I grab onto his hand and drag him downstairs with me.

               “What the hell Jess? What happened to breakfast in bed?” he complains as he lets me lead him towards the kitchen.

I push the double doors aside and Alex and Matt begin singing Happy Birthday. I join in and Haden grins happily at us. Once we’re done and he’s blown out all 20 candles (yes, Alex bought 20 individual candles rather than 2 large ones. The guys even had the time to make a bet on whether or not Haden could blow out all the candles. He couldn’t; Alex won and now Haden owes Alex 20 bucks), he looks down at me, grinning mischievously.

Before I can protest, he’s smashed a piece of cake into my face and rubs the icing on my hair. I shriek at him and all three of the guys merely laugh at me. Christ! Guys are so oblivious! Do they not know how long it takes to get cake out of the hair?!

               “Thank you very much! Now I need a shower!” I mutter crossly.

Haden smiles and wraps his chocolaty hands around my waist, pinning me against the wall. He kisses me hungrily, his hands exploring under my shirt. It takes me a moment, but I tangle my fingers into his hair, pulling him even closer.

               “Oi! We get that you guys are REALLY into each other, but don’t gross us out,” Matt interrupts, laughing easily.

               “Or make us jealous,” Alex adds, grinning.

Haden pulls away from me, still grinning mischievously. He takes a piece of cake and begins eating as if he didn’t just make out with me in the kitchen. And then it hits me. He was trying to get me as dirty as possible! Jerk!

               “Haden Carter!” I shriek. He grins at me and shrugs.

               “Baby, it’s my birthday and I can do whatever I want. It’s part of the deal,” he reminds me, taking a bite out of his cake.

I glare at him and stalk off to go take a shower. The sooner I get started, the sooner I’ll be done with the cleanup.

***

(Haden’s POV)

               “Looks like everything is good between you two,” Matt murmurs once Jess has left the room.

               “Understatement,” I whisper back, grinning broadly.

               “Have you told her about the fake pregnancy thing?” Alex asks, perching himself on the stool so he was facing us.

               “I haven’t actually,” I admit ruefully. “I don’t really know how to.”

               “Dude, it’s been two weeks, you have to tell her. Besides, she doesn’t want the baby, right? She’ll take the news well,” Matt assures, taking a bite of his piece of cake.

               “I don’t know. She hasn’t moaned or groaned or complained about having a baby for the past two weeks? What if she’s decided she wants to keep it?” I muse out loud.

               “Well, the faster you tell her, the less likely she’ll be attached,” Alex reasons logically, shrugging.

               “I suppose you’re right,” I concede, pulling my cell phone out of my pocket.

An unknown number flashes on my screen and I stare down at it in confusion. Who in the world could it be? Maybe it’s just a birthday greeting?

I slide it open and answer the call hesitantly.

               “Happy Birthday cousin,” Carter’s foul voice greets.

               “What the hell do you want?” I demand angrily.

               “I just wanted to say how lucky you are. Jessy is such a pretty little thing, especially when she’s taking her shower. Nice work with the chocolate cake, by the way. She looks even sexier than usual,” he taunts, making me grit my teeth. He couldn’t have possibly known...unless...

               “Where are you?” I hiss, jumping to my feet.

               “It doesn’t matter where I am. What matters is who I’m with,” he chuckles softly before disconnecting the call.

That bastard!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 205 32
(This book needs to be rewritten. If you read it before I do please try to ignore the grammar. It is ad though so I am just warning you lol. It needs...
47.8K 868 35
Riley miles is 17 years old and in her final year of high school, she's graduating early. She's almost top of her class, just always one test behind...
1.2M 23.5K 48
COMPLETED. Book 1/4 of the Adam's Series - She moved in with her twin brother. He lived with her brother. But, you can't blame gravity for falling in...
1.7K 443 51
'Our parting was like a stalemate........ Neither of us won. Yet both of us lost.' This quote best describes the life of Aurelia Parker. She has lost...