Chapter 51

--------- Chapter 51 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

               “Haden!” I cry out involuntarily as he falls to the ground, his usual pale face even paler than normal. A light sheen of sweat covers his face and there’s this green tinge to his face.

I feel my heart hammer in my chest as I hurry to his side. He’s out cold, his lips extremely pale. What do I do?!

               “Callum!” Alex shouts, his voice barely in control.

But that’s exactly what I need. I need time. If Alex can distract him, I can...I could...I can’t do anything for Haden, can I?!

               “Matt!” I beg, my body trembling in fright. In a second, Matt’s by my side, examining Haden.

               “He’ll be alright Jess. I promise. Go to your room, please,” he pleads quietly.

I shake my head stubbornly. There’s no way I’m leaving the boys. “Heal him. Please!”

               “I’ll need time,” Matt murmurs, already concentrating, his eyes closed.

               “Stop it!” I shout, surprising everyone in the room. Callum and Alex stop circling each other to turn and face me. Callum wears an amused smirk on his face. “I’m a Death Dealer!” I squeak.

Alex’s eyes open wider as he tries to figure out what I’m up to.

               “You aren’t a Death Dealer,” Callum murmurs easily, grinning wide.

               “I am!” I insist. God! I hope Haden was right!

               “Even if you were a Death Dealer...what makes you think you could take me on Jessica? You’re just a kid. If your Enmortal prince couldn’t, you can’t either. Now, out of my way,” he smirks, lifting a hand up.

I slam against the wall, utterly winded, with my head spinning. Damn!

               “Jessica! I’ll handle this!” Alex insists, crouching a little. With a graceful wave of his hands, Callum falls to the ground, clutching at his chest.

               “Why are you here Wraith?” Alex demands, with one leg on Callum’s chest, staring down coldly at him.

               “Why? Because you are an enmortal! Your people nearly wiped out my entire race! I don’t need a reason!” he whispers, staring defiantly at Alex.

               “Don’t give me that! The purge took place centuries ago! What made you act now?!”

               “Moira,” Callum spits angrily.

Moira?! How is she connected to this?!

               “Moira’s dead!” Alex mutters coldly.

Moira’s dead? How?!...Was it Haden?

               “I know. I killed her! She was my betrothed,” Callum murmurs shocking me. Why would anyone willingly marry Moira?!

               “Why would you kill her then?” Alex demands, looking just as confused as I am. I’m partially glad Alex is doing this. At least we get to know why all of this is happening. I have a feeling that if Haden had Callum in the same position, he wouldn’t waste time questioning him.