Chapter 38

A/N: Hey guys. Thanks for all the votes. I've managed to confirm some of the charcters. And I really don't want to make you guys wait so long, so despite not getting 5 votes per category per actor/actress I'll still post a part! Tell me what you guys think, kay? 

Here's the confirmed list of cast so far:

Alexander Smith - Hayden Christensen
Moira Gray - Taylor Momsen

...and that's actually it! Haha! Choose the rest soon! Most of them just need one more vote to confirm it anyways. So go back to the previous chapter and tell me who to cast, pretty please with sugar and icing on it? I'd be super duper grateful! I'll even make the next chapter longer or something? Haha 

xoxo

---------- Chapter 38 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Haden’s POV)   

“It’s a little early to be drinking, don’t you agree?” Alex drawls, leaning against the door, assessing me.

“I suppose it is,” I mutter glumly.

Alex raises his eyebrows and saunters over to the bar, to fix himself a drink. “Somehow, I think I may need a drink when I hear what’s going on,” he explains when I give him a questioning look.

He takes his whiskey and leans against the bar, so we’re facing each other. “Now, what’s going on?” he asks tentatively.

               “You ready for this?” I ask bleakly.

               “Dude, it’s barely nine in the morning, I have bed head, a throbbing headache and a glass of ice cold whiskey; hell yeah I’m ready,” he grins, taking a sip.

               “Alex...Jessica-”

               “Oh! Why are we calling her Jessica? Did she do something to annoy you, Haden?” he interrupts, his tone sugary sweet.

               “She’s pregnant,” I blurt out, not in the mood to joke with him.

He drops his glass in his shock and it shatters on the floor. He stares at me for the longest moment as if willing me to say that I was joking. Heh! Yeah, I wish.

               “Damn it!” he suddenly curses, bending down. He must have stepped on a piece of glass.

He re-emerges a moment later, his hand bloody. He limps over to the bathroom to clean up, leaving a trail of blood. I just remain seated at the bar, slowly drinking my brandy. I don’t even taste it. There’s this horrible taste in my mouth and I can’t get it out, no matter how many times I brush my teeth or whatever I eat. Maybe it’s the taste of anger? Bitterness? Disgust? I honestly can’t decide.

               “You’re kidding, right?” Alex demands, walking back towards me, his foot wrapped in a towel.

               “I wish I was,” I mumble listlessly.

               “But you said you didn’t sleep with her!” he accuses, hoping onto the bar stool beside me.

               “I didn’t,” I reaffirm, staring at him intently.

His eyes shadow and the vein on his neck begins throbbing. “That bastard,” he spits after a moment. I give him a lopsided smile and go back to my drink.