~THE STORY OF THE SHADOW~

Par s_a_m_username

FIRST BOOK OF TWO. What happens when a kid gets kidnapped by Hydra? What happens when they experiment on th... Plus

1.~THE BEGGINING~
2.~A NEW LIGHT~
3.~WHAT THE HELL?~
4.~UNEXPECTED LIFE~
5.~MEANINGS OF RED~ pt.1
6.~MEANINGS OF RED~ PT. 2
7.~AREN'T YOU SCARED?~
8.~WHAT DO YOU FEEL?~
9.~THE TRUTH~
10.~A BIT OF A MESS~
11.~TRYING TO APOLOGIZE~
12.~A NEW ELEMENT~
13.~SHOW OFF~
14.~THINKING ABOUT~
15.~A DAY TOGETHER~
16.~STRONGER~
17.~UNEXPECTED CALL~
18.~MEETING~
19.~MIXED SIGNALS~
20.~HOLY SHIT~
21.~JUST TELL ME!~
22.~WHAT ABOUT US?~
23.~WORK TO DO~
25.~MENTALLY HURT~
26.~I CARE ABOUT YOU~
27.~TALKING TO A FRIEND~
28.~LOVE AND THREATS~
29.~GRATEFULL~
30.~DUMB IDEA~
31.~SHAWARMA~
32.~BIG FAMILY~
33.~SWEET DREAMS~
34.~WORSE WAKING~
35.~HARD MORNINGS~
36.~JUST THE SAME~
37.~JUST A BOOK~
38.~TAKING A FLIGHT~
39.~VILLAGE~
40.~HISTORY & MYTH~

24.~MONSTER~

143 6 3
Par s_a_m_username

Hi my fellow readers. It's nice to see you. I think I'm spoiling you a bit by giving you all these chapters but I want to know what happens too so that's it, new chapter.

Warning: yelling and nothing else

Shield air-base
A few hours later

Y/n pov:

We've now been working in the lab for what feels like days, but it's actually only been a few hours. When we first arrived we talked about what shield is actually hiding. Now we're trying to do both things: find the tesseract and get to know Shield's secret.

Tony has been talking to both me and Bruce but we didn't say a word to each other. Tony has been trying to get us to communicate but he doesn't know what's going on.

"Bruce, you know that
Y/n has helped me build the Stark Tower?"

"Interesting... I guess"

"Tony please stop it. We're not talking to each other. End of the story"

"May I know what's going on?"

"No" "no"

"You both are so boring I swear"

"Tony, there is nothing going on... We just- don't like each other. I have big respect for his work but we're just not compatible"

"Agreed. That's it Stark"

After a few seconds Natasha walks into the lab.

"Hi guys. Got you something"

"You mean you came here to keep an eye on us"

She puts a hand on her heart and answer with a sarcastic tone.

"You know me so well"

I laugh before Bruce ruins the moment.

"So agent Romanoff, may I show you what we're doing?"

"I already know, there is no need for it. Besides, I'm only staying for five minutes, I have to go soon"

She walks toward the desk I'm sat at, and just sits on it, next to the computer I'm working on.

"Sooo... What did you get us?"

I ask while finally looking up at her.
She hands me my favorite snack.

"Only for me?"

I say teasingly with a smirk.

"No. You're not that special don't worry. If you paid attention to me, I already gave everyone something to eat"

I roll my eyes.

"You're no fun"

I fake offended at her answer but chuckle soon after.
But just like that, Bruce has to ruin the moment, again, making me roll my eyes.

"Agent Romanoff don't you have work to do?"

"You're right doctor. I probably should go."

She turns back to me whispering to not let anyone hear.

"I'm gonna go talk to Loki. Listen to the conversation in case something goes wrong"

"Sure. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No. I need to do this alone"

"Alright boss. I'll watch through the PC"

"Whatever happens, don't come down there"

"What? Why?"

"If he escapes, yes. But if it's only words, even if they hurt me, DON'T MOVE"

I nod my head, she smiles and walks away, but not before she brushes her hand on Bruce's arm, which of course I noticed and got me annoyed. Especially seeing him smile at the gesture.

But I'm not jealous! I swear!
I'm just a little bit annoyed. That's what it is...

Anyway, I take my PC and get through Shield security using Nat's account, as she gave me the password a while ago.

Actually she didn't, but she found out as soon as I took it. Did she get upset? Yes. Did she understood why I did it? Yes, I was worried cause she had been on a mission for a few days without contact and I needed to make sure that she was ok.
Now she let's me use her account on situation like this as she's an higher rank than I am so she has access to more things.

Now I open the camera footage and watch as she goes to talk with Loki. I put my hearphones on and listen to the conversation.

"There's not many people who can sneak up on me"

"But you figured I'd come"

"After. After whatever tortures Fury can concoct, you would appear as a friend, as a balm. And I would cooperate."

"I wanna know what you've done to Agent Barton."

Now she really got my attention. She isn't supposed to ask this... Does Fury know she's talking to him?

"I'd say I've expanded his mind."

"And once you've won. Once you're king of the mountain. What happens to his mind?"

She says walking slowly toward the glass of the cell.

"Is this love, Agent Romanoff?"

I roll my eyes at his stupid question.

"Love is for children. I own him a debt"

"But you do love someone on this big air-base"

"I don't, it's just work"

Ouch, that hurt...

"I hope they don't hear you say this. But anyway... tell me about Barton"

No, I'm absolutely not listening.

"Before I worked for SHIELD, i  uh...well, I made a name for myself. I have a very specific skillset. I didn't care who I used it for, or on. I got on SHIELD's radar in a bad way. Agent Barton was sent to kill me, he made a different call."

Even if I know the story, it still breaks my heart every time. I will be always thankful for what Clint did in the end.

"And what will you do if I vow to spare him?"

"Not let you out"

"Ah, no. But I like this. Your world in the balance, and you bargain for one man?"

"Regimes fall every day. I tend not to weep over that, I'm Russian... or was."

"What is it you want?"

"It's really not that complicated. I've got red in my ledger, I'd like to wipe it out."

"Can you? Can you wipe out that much red? DRAKOV'S daughter? SÆO PAULO? THE HOSPITAL FIRE? Barton told me everything. Your ledger is dripping, it's gushing red, and you think saving a man no more virtuous than yourself will change anything?"

"This is the basest sentimentality. This is a child at prayer... PATHETIC!"

I can clearly see Natasha is getting shaken up, and I don't know what's keeping me from going there and kill this mother fucker myself.

"You lie and kill in the service of liars and killers... You pretend to be separate, to have your own code, something that makes up for the horrors. But they are a part of you, and they will never go away!"

He suddenly bangs his hand against the cell making me and Natasha both flinch.

"I won't touch Barton. Not until I make him kill you! Slowly. Intimately. In every way he knows you fear! And when he'll wake just long enough to see his good work, and when he screams, I'll split his skull! This is my bargain, you mewling quim!"

Now the only thing keeping me on this chair is Natasha telling me not to do anything.

She turns around before saying with a shaky voice.

"You're a monster..."

"No, you brought the monster."

Suddenly Natasha turns back around with a serious face and like nothing was said.

"So, Banner... that's your play."

"What?"

Now she takes her hand to her earpiece.

"Loki means to unleash the Hulk. Keep Banner in the lab, I'm on my way. Send Thor as well."

Her sudden change startles me a bit, but I know deep inside she's hurt about what was said... I'm gonna have to talk to her later...

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

215K 4.2K 48
A reader x Natasha Romanoff story where the reader is a mutant that Fury wants to be on the Avengers. What happens when she falls for Natasha Romanof...
337K 8.1K 96
"All my life I've been called a monster. But when I met you, you showed me otherwise." Iron man 2-Avengers: Endgame I DO NOT OWN ANY MARVEL CHARACT...
203K 5.8K 31
"You are perfect for me and we'll just met about three months ago. Fate, no?" "Yeah maybe." Y/n Stark was kidnapped by HYDRA when she was four years...
213K 3.9K 48
SECOND ONE SHOT BOOK IS AVAILABLE!!! guys I was also like 12/13 when I wrote this there's prob some plot holes lmfao but like it's still written well...