~THE STORY OF THE SHADOW~

By s_a_m_username

FIRST BOOK OF TWO. What happens when a kid gets kidnapped by Hydra? What happens when they experiment on th... More

1.~THE BEGGINING~
2.~A NEW LIGHT~
3.~WHAT THE HELL?~
4.~UNEXPECTED LIFE~
5.~MEANINGS OF RED~ pt.1
6.~MEANINGS OF RED~ PT. 2
7.~AREN'T YOU SCARED?~
8.~WHAT DO YOU FEEL?~
9.~THE TRUTH~
10.~A BIT OF A MESS~
11.~TRYING TO APOLOGIZE~
12.~A NEW ELEMENT~
13.~SHOW OFF~
14.~THINKING ABOUT~
15.~A DAY TOGETHER~
16.~STRONGER~
17.~UNEXPECTED CALL~
18.~MEETING~
19.~MIXED SIGNALS~
20.~HOLY SHIT~
21.~JUST TELL ME!~
23.~WORK TO DO~
24.~MONSTER~
25.~MENTALLY HURT~
26.~I CARE ABOUT YOU~
27.~TALKING TO A FRIEND~
28.~LOVE AND THREATS~
29.~GRATEFULL~
30.~DUMB IDEA~
31.~SHAWARMA~
32.~BIG FAMILY~
33.~SWEET DREAMS~
34.~WORSE WAKING~
35.~HARD MORNINGS~
36.~JUST THE SAME~
37.~JUST A BOOK~
38.~TAKING A FLIGHT~
39.~VILLAGE~
40.~HISTORY & MYTH~

22.~WHAT ABOUT US?~

145 6 3
By s_a_m_username

Hello! If you've seen some useless updates, I apologize. I've had some problems with Wattpad but now I fixed it.

I like this and I hope you will too.

Warning: none so enjoy

Y/n pov:

We are now in the jet. I'm sat next to Natasha while she drives us towards the air-base.

In the background, only the rumbling of the jet can be heard. Everyone is silent and doing their own stuff.
The tension is still there tho, I can feel Thor's eyes on the back of my head and I'm getting agitated by the second.

Feeling this Natasha places her hand on my leg, caressing it lightly. I turn my head to look at her but she's still looking head of herself. I take it as a hint that she doesn't want me to say anything and I just take her hand in mine, making her smile.

After another few minutes we're landing at the air-base. Twenty, if not more, guards are ready to take Loki to the special cell Fury prepared.
I'm now getting off the jet, Natasha behind me taking her bag. The others already left and I go to follow them but Natasha pulls me towards the sleeping quarters.

"What are we doing?"

"You need to relax."

"And you want to talk about something but you don't wanna say it"

"You know me so well"

She says with a sarcastic tone in her voice and I roll my eyes at this.
We finally get to her room and I sit on the bed looking at her expectantly.

"Sooo... What happened out there?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, maybe you being some sort of legend- I'll stop you right there. I'm not a-a legend or anything like that"

I stand up and walk around the room until she steps Infront of me, making me look down not wanting to make eye contact with her.

"They're wrong... I'm not who they think I am"

"But what if- None of this!"

"Stop interrupting me!"

"S-sorry..."

She takes my face in her hands making me look at her.

"What if they're right? They seemed pretty convinced about what they said"

I take her hands off my face and keep them in mine.

"Maybe I should do some research..."

"I can help you with that"

"It's not needed, really."

"But I want to. You know i-... Nothing"

She looks down and I smile tilting her chin back up, making her look at me.

"You?"

She chuckles nervously and separates from me.

"Nothing, I was just... Formulating a sentence wrong"

I smirk and chuckle.

"I always questioned myself how you can be such a good spy but at the same time such a bad liar"

"Shut up I'm not lying"

And the tough Natasha is back.

"You know you don't have to act like this with me. I won't judge you"

"I'm not acting"

"Tasha..."

"Ugh, fine. Maybe a little bit. But it's nothing important"

"Then why would you have to act?"

She blushes and turns away crossing her harms Infront of her chest.

"Just tell me"

"I can't..."

"But... Why?"

"Because I don't want to admit it"

"At least you admitted this. Listen, it's ok if you don't want to say it and I won't pressure you"

She sighs and looks back at me with her signature nervous smirk.

"Thanks but maybe it's time that I actually say it. It's just unusual to me and I just- I care about you and it's weird, I don't let myself care for anyone. I hate you for this and just know that I'm blaming you"

"How cute can you get?"

"I'm a trained assassin, I'm not cute"

"You are to me"

"Y/n, come on I'm not in the mood for teasing"

"But what if I'm saying the truth"

She now looks at me with a confused look.

"What are you- I like you Natasha!"

I say it closing my eyes, expecting anything but something good.

"You don't... It's not possible"

I look back at her with a confused expression.

"But I do and I thought I made it clear"

"But love is for children. And I'm not someone worthy of love..."

When she says this my heart brakes and I start getting closer to her.

"You know that's a lie they put in your head. If it was true I wouldn't be here confessing my feelings for you"

"But why? Why would you like someone like me?..."

"I think we already had a conversation like this... You're amazing Tasha, and even if I wanted to stop this feeling it has been growing over the past year. Every time I look at you I see the reason I'm here. I see someone that cares more about others than herself. I'm sorry to say this cause I know you won't believe me right away but-... It's time that someone starts to care for you too"

Some tears start to form in her eyes, and I bring my hand up to her face, drying them before they fall completely off her face.

"Please don't cry... You know I hate when you cry"

She leans into my touch and chuckles.

"You're gonna ruin me"

And her sarcastic self is back.

"Thank you... For all of this."

"So... What do you think about this? What about us?"

"Us?"

"Yeah..."

Her smile gets bigger still with a teasing expression.

"Since when is there an us?"

When she says this, my smile falls a bit and I start stuttering until she starts laughing and I look at her confused and anxious.

"There might be an us if you are able to ask me"

"I-I would but- but you know I'm not good at these things- gosh why would you say that...

I keep on rambling bust stop when she speaks up.

"I mean if you can't, I might as well go and do my job. Call me when you're able to talk properly"

She walks past me but before she reaches the door I take her wrist and stop her.

"No no no. Please wait. I-I will. I'm just-"

"I know love, I was joking. I would like to be your girlfriend. But..."

"But?"

"But I want to go on a date as soon as we're free from this mission"

"I promise! We will go on a date as soon as possible"

"I know we will"

And with that said she kisses my cheek and walks away leaving me standing there still not believing everything that happened.
Suddenly she pops her head out of the door.

"Oh and I mean we're already together in case you didn't understand that. I just want to go on a date"

And now she fully walks away.

This woman has an hold on me that I don't know if I'll ever be able to brake...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

89.4K 1.8K 28
BOOK 1 OF 3 (Y/n) (L/n) is a not so normal fourteen year old girl with powers. She was kidnapped when she was five, experimented on, but she doesn't...
215K 4.2K 48
A reader x Natasha Romanoff story where the reader is a mutant that Fury wants to be on the Avengers. What happens when she falls for Natasha Romanof...
31.7K 1K 23
You never saw it coming, that's what you kept telling yourself, anyway. But the signs were always there, lingering beneath the surface, waiting to be...
73.9K 2K 16
Sequel to Trapped//Natasha x Reader so if you haven't read that go check it out This is set 5 years after the first book Last any one ever saw or h...