DESTINY'S FAVOURITE CHILDREN

By DilSeRe_

MS and Virat were happy in their lives, what happens when they get to know that they have another brother? Ho... More

Character Introduction
Prologue
1. Home? Is it?
2. Moments with Family
3. The New Beginnings
4. Truth or Dare
5. Cricket and Deshmukh family
6. Coaching under MSD
7. Virat's Day Out in the Academy
8. Rishabh and gang bunks school
9. Inside the Lion's Den
10. Rishabh's birthday
11. Homecoming
12. Party!
13. Family time
13. Virat Deshmukh
14. My Academy, My Rules
15. Girlfriend?
16. Gully Cricket
17. The Fanboy
18. A Deadly Beamer
19. The Audacious Virat Deshmukh
20. The Transformation of a reckless teenager into a responsible parent
21. Cool Guardian?
22. The Troublemaker
23. The Four shenanigans and the Bike
24. To a Lion's Feast
25. Album of Memories
26. Mother
27. Mahi's childhood
28. The blossoming of a Relationship and the Teasing joys
29. Trip Gone Wrong
30. Mahi Bhai's kids
31. What googling your symptoms leads to!
32. When Side-Effects Show Up!
34. The Grumpy Virat
35. Suspension!
36. Ambiguities
37. The Sequelae of Jealousy
38. Teacher's Day!
40. MSD and the Indian Cricket Team
41. Let the Wounds Heal
42. Virushka?
43. Rab ne Bana di Jodi
44. Parents to be
46. Virat, Rishabh and Exams
47. Rishabh's cricketing journey's first chapter
48. The Infamous England Tour
49. Virat and his rock- Mahi bhai

45. Missed you!

1.3K 139 207
By DilSeRe_

Virat came home a little late that evening. The shoot had taken longer than he had expected. It was a tiresome one, the peculiar skimpy shaktimaan costume just made everything so childishly weird. It was still good until it tore a little from near his inner thigh in between the shoot and made it super embarassing for him. He hadn't felt this relieved in a long time after completing a shoot.

It was already past twelve when he reached home. All he wanted at the moment was to just go to his bed and sleep. But the moment he entered the hall, he could see MS waiting for him. He sighed, he didn't know why he was expecting Mahi bhai to not be there. He always did. No matter how late he was, he would always find MS sitting there waiting for him.

"Been quite late cheeku? " MS asked before Virat could greet him.

"Yes bhai. Shoots and shit.." Virat replied tiredly.

"Koi ni. Mai khana laga rha hoon, tab tak ja fresh hoke aaja"

"Bhai I'll eat myself. Aap so jao yaar" Virat said in exasperation. The efforts MS made for him never failed to surprise him, even after all these years.

"I have to make rotis kiddo. Don't run your brain, go freshen up" Virat rolled his eyes but heeded MS nonetheless.

Once Virat came back, MS served him food and went back to make more rotis.
"How was your day Cheeku? " MS asked from the kitchen counter.

"Tiring as hell bhai. These shoots sometimes are so irritating" Virat scoffed. He wasn't camera shy, he didn't even mind acting, but sometimes the scripts were so atrocious, it felt baffling.

"Yes, they are certainly not the best thing to do. What happened today? "

"Don't tell me to start.. " Virat started off anyways and within minutes he could feel his tiredness flying away. He didn't realise that Mahi Bhai had made him eat 2 extra rotis while listening to his rant.

"Good night bhai" Virat hugged MS as he got up to go to his room.

"I'm coming cheeks. Rish was studying, I gotta check on him"

"Rish started studying? You scolded him? " 

"Thats a good kid. Doesn't need the stick for that" MS smiled. Virat rolled his eyes, Mahi Bhai was either too biased for the younger one or the younger one smart enough to keep Mahi bhai wrapped around his fingers.

Rishabh was sleeping on the chair with his head placed comfortably on the table when MS and Virat entered the room. Virat had a look at MS and had a hearty chuckle, he knew Rishabh better.

"Rishu don't sleep on the table bachcha. Get up and sleep here on bed"
Rishabh was too deep in sleep to hear that. MS called again, but got no response this time too. "This sloth.. " Virat chuckled looking at Mahi bhai's tired face.

MS decided to take the job in his own hands to put Rishabh to bed. He went closer and tried to lift him up. "Bhai kya kar rhe ho? Mai le aaunga isko idhar. Let me do it please"

MS directed a glare at Virat and proceeded to lift Rishabh himself, making Virat scrunch his face in annoyance. MS made Rishabh lie down on the bed and covered him with the blanket.

"Cheeks soyega na tu bhi? " MS asked Virat who shook his head with a shrug.

"Not sleepy now? "

"Aap baitho na bhai" Virat pleaded to MS. It had been ages since he had Mahi bhai to himself. Sleep could wait, he just wanted to talk to Mahi bhai.

"Balcony mein chalein? " MS suggested since Rishabh was sleeping.

"Bhai" Virat mumbled, "I've missed you". MS, who was massaging his head, smiled " I missed you too kiddo" . Virat closed his eyes, Mahi bhai's hand in hair soothed him like nothing else.

"Bhai" Virat called again. MS hummed in response. "I've a news. Good news actually"

"Toh bata na"

"I've been made vice captain of the team. In all three formats" Virat told.

"Cheeku, congratulations bachcha. Itni achhi khabar, tu aise bata rha hai? "

Virat turned back to look at MS. He could see the pride and joy on his face even in the dim light. "I got to know this two days back, but I wanted to tell you first, in person"

"I'm so sorry bachcha. You had to wait for this? " MS exclaimed. He was genuinely regretful. Lately he had not been able to give time to his family, it was something he needed to work on.

"No, bhai. I can wait, no matter how long. Don't say sorry" Virat said as he turned around and put his chin on Mahi bhai's thigh.

"Cheeku, when did you grow up bachcha? " MS whispered, as much to himself as Virat.

Virat took Mahi's hand in his and kissed the back of it. "Kya farak padta hai bhai, rahunga toh aapka bachcha hi na"

"Dekhna kal subah daantne lagoge aap, when will you grow up Virat" Virat spoke mimicking Mahi when he saw the atmosphere getting heavy.

MS shook his head, where was he lost? Virat had just told him an amazing news and he was being a nostalgic boomer.

"Leave that, my child is now the vice captain of the Indian team. We gotta celebrate it, what do you suggest? " MS asked.

"It's not that big bhai, come on" Virat sighed.

"Of course. Tell that to Rishabh tomorrow" MS replied. Virat gulped, he hadn't really thought about that. Rishabh was crazy when it came to his cricket. It was flattering as well as embarassing at times.

"Tell him before he gets to know from outside. He will be upset otherwise" MS advised.

Rishabh was overjoyed when Virat broke the news to him. He was literally jumping on the breakfast table, even Mahi couldn't bring himself to ask him to come down. So he just stepped back a lil and smiled wide. Virat carefully hugged Rishabh and brought him down, "Bhai we should celebrate, why are you being so lowkey?" Rishabh whined to Virat.

"But the treat should be on Mahi bhai, hai na? " Virat asked giving a wink to Rishabh.

"Right. Bhaiyaaa... " Rishabh shouted for MS who was standing just behind him.

MS came closer after whacking Rishabh on head, "Cheeks, bachcha what do you want? "

"Umm... " Virat thought for a little and then answered, "A vintage bike? "

"Which one? " MS asked.

"I don't know. Search yourself" Virat shrugged. MS shook his head, Virat will never make it easy.

"Okay.. but what do I get from this? " Rishabh scowled, giving death stares to Virat.

"See I'm kind. I'll let you ride the bike sometimes" Virat grinned, making the kid scowl more.

"But bhaiya won't" Rishabh cried. "I hate you"

"Arey, meri kya galti? Bhaiya ko bol na" Virat added to rattle the already irritated kid more.

"Virat bas kar" MS took Rishabh in a hug, "Rishu that was Virat's gift. Ab bata, tujhe kya chahiye? "

"But I didn't do anything" Rishabh muttered against Mahi's chest.

"Kisne kaha? You've hyped him crazily all these years. You've supported him in all his highs and lows. You were his first fan. You did a lot kiddo"

Rishabh burried his face in Mahi's chest. He was lost for words. "This is yours to celebrate beta, say what you want"

"I can't think of anything" Rishabh whispered.

"Abhi toh ro rha tha. Bol ab" Virat opened his mouth only to receive a glare from Mahi bhai.

"Take your time Rish. Tell me when you remember something. Ye batao, how about a short trip? " MS asked.

Rishabh's eyes lit up in joy. Thats probably what he would have asked, but he was unsure about its feasibility so he stayed mum. Virat wrapped his arms around Rishabh's head from behind, "Khush ab? "

Rishabh bobbed his head. Virat placed a kiss on his head. He was adorable, till the time he hadn't met Rishabh, he didn't know what he was missing. He had an elder brother already and a little brother too now, he felt so lucky. Then he saw Sakshi coming and realised they will have both have a little one to play with too, life was good lately.

"Trip to where bhaiya? " Rishabh asked.

"You all decide. Ask Sakshi and mumma too. Tell me by the evening... and don't fight" MS told.

"Rish, sit and eat fast beta, you are getting late for school" MS said as he put his breakfast plate on table.

"Sakshi, cheeku you two also sit. Have your breakfast" The morning went blissfull with the family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63.7K 3.1K 26
A Story of bond between Mahi, Virat and Rohit. Which also includes other ICT members.
10.6K 868 15
Brotherhood drama plot.
21K 1.3K 23
This story revolves around brothers who can die or kill for each other. Mahi and Virat 2 brothers who are each others strength and weaknesses, Mah...
27.4K 2K 22
Some one shots on my favorite found family the Indian Cricket team and Rohit. Requests are open.