[DOTS Y/n x Shi Jin] Standing...

By redmelon12

When Dr. L/n Y/n, the psychiatrist in Haesung hospital gets called down to see a patient recovering from a tr... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2
Epilogue 3
Epilogue 4
Epilogue 5
Announcement - a new dots book 👀
Epilogue 6 - family morning

Chapter 52

248 13 6
By redmelon12

Y/n's pov

'Mmmm' you whine as Shi Jin brushing his teeth next to you playfully pushes you with his elbow, you doing the same to his side while brushing your own teeth.

'Mmmmmmm' He mockingly copies you, earning a glare from you to his grinning eyes. You both spit out the toothpaste, rinse your mouth and toothbrushes, and put them back into the clear cup on the bathroom sink.

'You know, no offense but your skin looks like some work. I think the hospital soap did some wrong to it.' You say, touching his freshly washed face.

'What?' He says in a concerned voice, looking at himself in the mirror. 'My glowing skin is what allows me to seduce my girlfriend.' He adds, making you laugh as you gather the skincare products from the shelf.

'That's not the only thing but I think my skincare service would help.' You say, taking your toner, serums, and moisturiser from the organised shelf.

'Not the only thing? What else is there then?' He asks, following you out into your bedroom with two bedside lamps on either side of your bed.

'Lie down. I'll tell you while I take care of your skin.' You say, him happily lying down on your bed as you sit next to him.

'Didn't we do this when we were in university at some point?' He asks, looking up at you pouring some toner onto a cotton pad.

'I think so. I see you didn't learn to take care of your skin still.' You reply, him flinching as you gently wipe his forehead with the cotton pad soaked in cool toner.

'Why should I if I can get free aesthetics from you?' He says, closing his eyes as you go over his eyelids with the remaining toner. 'But actually, I'm curious about what parts of me you like so much about.' He says, peeking his eyes back open as you move the cotton pads away.

'Well, to start with, I like your face.' You say, Shi Jin suddenly laughing and rolling to his side. 'You wanted to hear that that much?' You ask, reading the labels on your serums to find the one that's best for dry skin.

'That's the first time you ever acknowledged it.' He says, rolling back to his spot to let you carry on. You laugh airily too, taking a few drops of a serum onto your palm and massaging it onto his skin.

'And second, I like that you never give up on me. Even when I lied that I didn't want to do anything with you, you kept following me around.' You say, tapping the serum on his face to help it get absorbed into his skin faster.

'Well, partly because you kept getting into trouble.' He says, still with his eyes closed as you make sure all the liquid is absorbed away. 'But I still kept following you around, saving you every time.'

'That was supposed to be my third point. You value people's lives more than anything. At least people of our country.' You say, taking a vitamin ampoule this time and putting some onto his cheeks.

'Are you ever bothered by the fact that I have... killed others to protect our country? When you're a doctor so you would always save people regardless of their background?' He asks suddenly, his soft smile dissolving away as you gently rub the product on his face.

'Maybe if you weren't a soldier. But...both our jobs are necessary work. If soldiers don't protect the country by whatever means, I don't think our country would be here. But if doctors didn't heal people, our country wouldn't be here either. We're just...filling our job descriptions.' You reply, his lips curling into a smile again.

'That's good to know.' He replies, opening his eyes as your hands move away from his skin to open a moisturiser.

'Then the fourth...' You say, him looking surprised at you have more reasons to love him. 'You have a bright personality. It makes me happy when I'm with you. Before, I was too busy with the hospital, managing our family business, and doing my job well at all times. Well, I still do, but back then, I didn't let myself take a breath. But I think you taught me that it's necessary to take breaks and spend time with people who love me.' You say, Shi Jin's expression turning even more peaceful as you tap his skin to let the moisturiser sink in.

'And that's it.' You say again, Shi Jin gradually opening his eyes with his skin glowing.

'So now it's my turn.' He says, you both sitting on the bed, leaning against the large pillow.

'First, I also like your face, hair, body, everything. But even if your appearance changes, I just know that change will be beautiful because it's you.' He says, you sinking deeper into the blankets watching the dim light from the bedside lamp fall on his face.

'Then I like how assertive you are. At first, when I saw you again, I thought your personality had changed. But when I think back, you always had confidence and strength when it came to treating people from the start.' He says again, his hand supporting his side as he leans more comfortably on the pillow.

'Third, I love your honesty when I least expect it. When you suddenly say you love me, or when you say you want to be with me out of nowhere. It reminds me that I'm being loved.' He adds, stroking your hair with his warm fingers.

'This is so cringe.' You say, pulling your blanket over your heated face. 

'It's not cringe, it's healthy to say what you appreciate about each other when you can.' He replies, peeking your blanket off of your face, and you look up at him silently. 

'And even though I have a million other reasons to love you, the last point I will let you know today is that you scolding me because you worry about me.' He says, and you give him a confused smile.

'You like me scolding you?' You ask, him nodding as he lowers his hand supporting his head, and lies down next to you.

'It feels like I already have a wife who wants me to be safe and healthy at all times. Before, I didn't have anyone who did that since as you know, I don't talk to my dad often. We think if you have no contact, it means you're fine.' He replies, his point making more sense after hearing it. You both stay silent for a few seconds, enjoying each other's quiet company.

'Right. Also, I never met your father. Shouldn't I at least say hello? Especially if you're trying to marry me.' You say, Shi Jin's smile widening.

'We can think about meeting each other's parents properly after I propose to you with an actual ring.' He replies, your face slowly feeling hotter as you fish yourself out of the blankets.

'But for today, we just live in the present.' He says again, suddenly shifting closer to you, the warm air wafting from him as he moves. He leans down, his lips pressing against yours while his hands find yours, intertwining your fingers.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You open your eyes, feeling Shi Jin's arm around you from behind, both of you under the warm blanket. Feeling you shift, he also peeks his eyes open, the room still dark from the sun not having risen yet.

'Good morning.' He says groggily, smiling as he sees you hide yourself under the blanket. 'Why hide? I already saw everything.' He adds, clearing his throat as you give him a look, shifting his gaze away from you as you reach your arm out of the blanket to take your silky dressing gown from the floor. He does the same, and you both roll out of bed to make some breakfast.

'Meow.' You see Luna staring at you both at the door of your bedroom, as if she's looking at the dumbest creatures on the Earth. She meows once before following you both toward the kitchen to secure her food.

'I think she was spying on us.' You say, your cat only licking her paw as you get some cat food and mix it with some tuna and nutrient supplements. Luna happily digs in, not caring as Shi Jin pets her back. 'Toast or rice?' You ask, Shi Jin shrugging as he pulls you back by your waist, wrapping his arms around you.

'It's too early.' He whines, and you turn your head towards him, seeing him bury his face into the crook of your neck.

'Don't you also go back to work today?' You ask, opening a bag of toast and taking a few slices out, putting a blob of butter onto the pan.

'Sad.' He says, his lips drooping down as he helps you spread the butter evenly over the heated pan. You put the bread on top of it and turn to take the corners of Shi Jin's lips and move it upwards.

'We'll be seeing each other in the evening anyway. And tomorrow, you can finally move in here fully' You say, Shi Jin quickly pecking your lips before moving to the other side of the kitchen and asking if you want him to make coffee.

Shi Jin's pov

I clank my mug with Y/n sitting on the other side, taking a sip of hot coffee and cutting a piece of the avocado toast on my plate. The yolk of the egg drizzles down the bread, covering the green avocado as I take a bite. 

'I'll have so much work piled up already.' Y/n says as she also eats the toast, her yolk also dripping down onto the plate. 'I haven't been in my office for three days.' She adds, sipping the black coffee from the mug. 

'They make you work as if you're the only psychiatrist in the hospital.' I say, glancing at her phone on the side with emails already pinging. 'Oh come on, it's Friday.' I add, Y/n reading the emails on preview. 

'They want to get all their work checked before the weekends.' She replies, turning the screen off once more and sipping the coffee. I only smile bitterly, her taking her finger to poke the corner of my lips. 

The breakfast finishes quickly, and both of us prepare to finally go back to work after days. After I brush my teeth and wash my face, I walk out of the bathroom, seeing Y/n sitting at her vanity doing her usual light makeup with her clothes already changed to a simple white button-up shirt and a mid-length skirt. She rolls the sleeves up to her forearm, reaching for a product and undoing the lid. 

'You want some too?' She asks casually as she brushes her lashes, them looking even longer like magic. 

'What am I going to do with longer lashes? Fight the enemies by flapping them?' I joke, her laughing as she puts the lid back onto her product and picks up a light-coloured blush, putting some onto her cheeks.

'That's all you do? Just wash your face and brush your teeth?' She asks, tapping the product to spread it evenly across her face. 

'It's not like I have anyone to impress in the army.' I reply, watching her skillfully put her usual glossy lipstick on her lips, rubbing the edges to blur it. She shrugs, opening her drawer and taking a few plasters out onto the vanity surface, peeling off the packaging. 

'Why cover them up?' I say as she places the plaster on the reddish love mark on her neck, giving me a look as she sticks it securely. 

'Because I don't want to flash my people with inappropriate ideas at work?' She replies, peeling open another one to put just above her collarbone. 'Next time, not where everyone can see.' She adds, adjusting her shirt and spraying her perfume a few times. 

'You want next time?' I ask, putting on my watch from behind her, seeing her lips tighten from the mirror. She ignores my amusement, putting her coat and scarf on. 

'let's go. I'll drive you to the base.' She says as I only watch her put her laptop and different folders into her shoulder bag along with some of the makeup products she used. 

'Won't you be late?' I say, wearing my coat and checking the watch. 

'Not really. I'm always early so once I drop you off and get to the hospital I should be right on time.' She replies, taking her car key from the vanity. 'Also, we're going to have to talk to the security officer at the parking lot to say your car will be registered under this apartment.' She adds, leading me out of the room. 

'Oh right. But also will you stay with me while I pack and move tomorrow?' I ask, Y/n happily nodding as we move towards the corridor to the exit. 

'Aw, I don't want to be separated from you now that we've been stuck to each other for three days.' I whine, following Y/n out of the door towards the elevator. 

'Sometimes it's good to spend time on our own. It's healthy.' She says, only raising her eyebrows as I pout at her.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51.5K 1.2K 18
Sequel of the Snippets. A journey in Kang Mo Yeon and Yoo Si Jin's life after tying the knot. Humor, romance, a bit drama, a bit action.
22.2K 1.4K 45
Byun Baekhyun was one of the well known doctors at the most renowned hospital in Seoul. He had achieved his dream of being a doctor and lived comfort...
59.8K 1.4K 28
Kang Mo Yeon has a new start to her life. After Yoo Shi Jin came back, her life changed and she became happier. They have a chance to go back to Urk...
128K 2.5K 52
The love story between a soldier and a doctor reaches new heights, as their bond strenghtens to a point where it becomes unbreakable. However, as the...