Chapter 29

Y/n's pov

You stand on the balcony of the fallen structure, the sunset painting the sky in orange as the sun goes down the horizon in the distance. Even when back in Seoul it would be winter, the freezing weather covering the whole city, the sunlight of Uruk on the other side of the world seems to be warm enough for you to lean on the balcony, sulking at how much chaos had managed to happen to you in such a short time period. You can't tell which is better - the regular routinal life back in Seoul, getting up, eating, going to work and staying there until you can barely stand by the end of the day or the life in Uruk, where it had no predictable order or logic.  

'I see you feeling like a main character in some romance kdrama series.' You look back, seeing Shi Jin walk into the balcony from the other side. 

'The main character always gets with the perfect person in the end. I just almost died and I'm about to go back home and work like a hamster on a wheel.' you say, turning back to lean against the ivory stone structure staring at the sunset against the violet sky. 

'Who says you won't get with the perfect person?' He says, inviting himself to stand next to you. 

'Nobody. You would know if you saw how people work in hospitals.' You say, him only shifting next to you, the summery breeze blowing over you both. 

'So negative. I thought you were going to say I'm that perfect person.' he says, turning to face you as he crosses his arms. 'Isn't that what happens in every kdrama? The main character always gets with the person who saves them.' He says again, his gaze making you feel slightly uncomfortable for your already irritated mood.

'This is not kdrama. And it was your job. You don't get together with someone because they saved you and they're a doctor, would you?' you say, the words pouring out at a surprising speed without passing through your brain. You feel your shoulders shrink slightly at the silence, only the chattering sound of people back at the base making dinner ringing in the air. 

'But that's not always the case.' He says, ignoring your glare as he takes a step forward towards you. 

'So you are saying what.' You reply, leaning back onto the structure trying to focus back onto the work that would have piled up in the time you were absent from the hospital. 

'Maybe I can prove that you're wrong.' you feel his hand on your head as you stand back up in surprise. 

'You do realise that most of the people who get back together after breaking up don't go well the second time right?' you say, touching the cleaned hairpin that he clipped on your hair. 

'Well you're not saying no to my face. That must be the sign it won't go that badly.' he says, making your guts boil to the point that you want to punch him in the face to wipe his smile off. 

'I didn't agree.' you say as he turns back, him only nodding sluggishly as he walks down the stairs towards the base. 

'I think you did by your face. You should get some water. Or else it might explode.' he says, his arrogant back not even bothering to turn around. You take your shoe, throwing at his back in full force. 

author's note: oh my god 💀