Chapter 3

Shi Jin's pov

'Do you not remember me? I think you are mistaking this because I'm not a gang member. It's Shi Jin, from Haesung military academy.' I say to the doctor glaring at me from the groaning thief.

'O-uh.' she says, standing up from her seat, pointing her finger at me. I just wait, watching her eyes go wide scanning me. 'Ya, it's been a long time. Years.' She says, looking between me and Daeyoung.

'I know. That guy stole my phone-' Daeyoung says, trying to take a step towards the patient but Mo Yeon noona stops us both.

'I might know you but that doesn't mean I believe you didn't hurt him.' She says, pushing us back.

'Wha-' I say, but she orders the nurses to pull us to the reception that we are both dragged back away from them.

'You both never kept contact with anyone so who knows what you were doing all these years. Beating up teenagers.' She says, turning back to the patient. She draws the white curtain, and I look at the thin fabric flowing with the air before hiding her from my view.

[past]

May

'Unnie, are you okay?' Y/n asks, helping her balance on her feet as we step out of the restaurant.

'EEEHHHH' Mo Yeon noona screams, pointing into the air with her drunk laughter, Y/n flinching at the sound.

'Why do you always drink so much? Do you like...not study?' Daeyoung says half heartedly watching noona now jumping up and down, stuck to Y/n like a chewing gum. She sticks her tongue out at Daeyoung, him stopping licking his stick candy with his normal straight face to stare at her weirdness with his own cheeks red from alcohol.

'You never get to treat me as a doctor in the future because you don't study.' He says flatly, and I smile at him, patting his shoulder. He looks at me looking confused, but at the same time knowing what I am going to say next.

'You take her. I'll walk Y/n home.' I say, grinning at Daeyoung's eyes widening with his lips looking like he would swear some bad words at me.

'Why. Is. It. Always. Me.' He says to my back, his voice straining as he tries to lift Mo Yeon noona stuck to the ground. I take Y/n's hand, starting to walk, feeling her surprised gaze on my face.

'Eo! That's the last bus!' She shouts, starting to run towards the bus starting to leave the station. She takes her hand out of mine, fixing her bag on her shoulder before calling the driver while running after it. I smile at her running after the bus, her smaller figure bouncing up and down trying to get the bus driver to stop.

I start running after her, her now standing on the spot trying to catch her breath while watching the green bus leave towards the horizon.

Y/n's pov

Just as you try to turn around, from the side of your eye you see the motorbike driving towards you from your side, that you suddenly feel frozen on the ground. Just as you close you eyes, you feel your face touching the warm fabric with scent of spring leaves mixing with your peach perfume, their arms around you.

'Careful.' Shi Jin says, letting go of you before ruffling your hair. You stare at him, trying to process what just happened before focusing yourself back to the present.

'Do you know how you'll get home now?' He asks, and you look around the road for any taxis without seeing any.

'Do you want to go back to campus? We can stay in the study rooms and wait there for the morning bus back.' he says, and you nod seeing as you both have no way of going home at this hour.

[present]

Y/n's pov

'Happy lunchtime everyone.' Dr. Lee says cheerfully, walking over and handing you a pink lemonade before sitting down over on your desk.

'You seem preoccupied.' She says, drinking her own drink.

'Just...a lot of things.' you say without taking your eyes off of the articles on your screen.

'Are you...going to go down for food?' She asks, and you finally turn your eyes towards her, fixing your glasses.

'Just in a moment.' you say, and she nods before patting your desk and standing up to leave. 'Don't work too hard.' she says, walking out of your office.

After half an hour, you finally finish the last piece of work you were on that you take your glasses off, allowing yourself to walk down the stairs to the cafeteria. Just as you reach the second floor, you see Yoo Shi Jin and Mo Yeon sunbae from the other side, them turning their heads towards you as well. You look between them both before turning around and walking the other way towards the cafeteria.

Shi Jin's pov

I had expected at least the shy smile that she always wore back in the time, but I see her tired face scanning us once before turning away in a heartbeat, walking away. I watch her walk away with her white coat blowing slightly with the spring breeze, her putting a loose strand of hair behind her ear as she walks into the food court.

'You two aren't friends?' I ask Mo Yeon noona, her still looking at the back of Y/n walking away from us both.

'After you left...well. Things happened. Then we were never the same again.' she says, looking unpleasant at seeing her old friend.

'Anyways. What were you doing? I need to know what you are now so I can decide whether to call the police for you bullying a child or not.' she says, looking at me up and down.

'Oh my days. You remembered that I went to the military school. What do you think I am? Or did your brain cells really die from all the alcohol you drank.' I joke, her holding up her fist except it not looking intimidating at all.

'Things will change. Not just me leaving for army but you'll be in your 3rd year of polyclinics and you will only get more busy to have time for us.'

'I never put us behind for work. Why do you think that'll change now?'

'You know what I mean.'

'No I don't.'

'I'm sorry.'

Author's note: This story is probably the cringest I've ever written but I hope people felt like they were freshers in university again...