Chapter 55

Y/n's pov

'Are you okay?' You ask, seeing Shi Jin almost falls as he tries to put his sock on from the vanity mirror in front of you, getting ready for dinner. The rest of the day was spent with you submerging yourself in the new books you bought, Shi Jin also sharing some of them before he suddenly announced that you were going on a dinner date with him.

'I'm fine.' He says, his face looking not fine at all as you put your pearl earring on.

'You seem stressed to eat lobsters.' You reply, taking the other ear and placing the earring onto it.

'Well, I haven't been to eat lobsters with a woman.' He says, making an awkward smile as he fixes his tie on his uniform while looking in the same mirror as you.

'You sound like you had a lot of women.' You jokingly say, reaching for a more bold-coloured lipstick from the clear vanity drawer and uncapping the lid.

'What makes you think that?' He asks, watching you apply the red lipstick across your lower lip. 'Also why don't you wear that every day? It looks good on you.' He says again, pointing at the lipstick's black packaging with the Dior logo on it.

'Answer to the first question, it's because you somehow think of the most creative flirt-words. And for the second question, I'm not going to show up to my workplace looking like I'm going on a dinner date with my boyfriend to eat lobsters.' You say, taking a lip brush and blurring the edges.

'Now I feel more special.' He replies as you put a cushion foundation and the lipstick into your purse. 'So I'm the only one who can see you dress up.'

'Not when I step outside. But why are you wearing your military uniform?' You ask as he does the buttons of his dark green blazer, picking out the perfume that you save for special occasions.

'Because I know women have fantasies for soldier uniforms.' He replies, and you raise your eyebrows, spraying the perfume a few times.

'Who else are you trying to seduce at the lobster house?' You ask, putting the perfume also into your purse and looking up at him from your seat.

'You and the lobster.' He says, placing his hand on your shoulder with a smile before making his way out of the room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Do you have a reservation?' The waitress says as you walk into the restaurant, the interior lit in every corner in warm orange lights illuminating the green plants around the place

'Yes, at 6:30.' Shi Jin replies, giving his name as the waitress checks it on the monitor and lets you both in. Another waiter leads you to your seats, him pulling out both of your seats for you and Shi Jin to sit. You look at the small bouquet of flowers around the candle brightly lit, the tiny warmth making you feel more at ease.