Chapter 50

Shi Jin's pov

Although I feel bad for Y/n being suspended for two days at work, I still enjoy her company, feeling like a normal couple for once after everything that has happened. The next two days at the hospital were spent with both of us laying in bed, watching something on the beam projector, talking, Y/n frequently cleaning the stitches, and Daeyoung and Myung Joo occasionally checking on us.

'Everything's done.' Y/n says as she walks back to me in the wheelchair, her having finished the paperwork for me being discharged at the reception. She hands me a warm cup of tea, holding a simple black coffee for herself.

'Do you want to go home to change and rest?' She asks, rolling the wheelchair out towards the outdoor parking lot.

'Can we go to your apartment? It's nicer there.' I say, Y/n giving a confused smile as I turn to look at her.

'You like my apartment that much? That's good because I was going to ask you if you want to move in.' She asks, and I almost spew out the tea I was drinking on another patient walking by.

'You what?' I ask as we pass through the automatic door out to the cold winter air.

'You know, you always insist you walk me back home and then end up falling asleep at my place. Half of my room is filled with your things.' She says, placing me next to her car and opening the door to clean off some dust on the seats.

'You say stuff like that so out of nowhere...' I say, turning my head to look at her blank face. 'But I would love that if that's okay for you. So that I can spend more time with you.' I say as she cleans the assistant seat as well.

'Now that's out of the way, what do you want to eat for lunch?' She asks again, her back towards me while she dusts off everything. But just before I can reply, I feel the wheelchair roll down the slope leading to the second outdoor parking lot.

'Y/n? Y/n! Dr. L/n?' I shout at Y/n cleaning the dust, her yelping behind me as she runs down the slope, still holding the duster.

'Ya-ya!' I yell as I see a line of orange traffic cones before crashing into one of them.

'Ahhhhhh' I shout as the orange traffic cone gets dragged along with me down the rest of the slope, Y/n screaming behind me as I collide with a small pole in front of the second parking lot.

'Omo!' She exclaims as she chases me down, looking at me land on the ground with a traffic cone stuck on my leg and the wheelchair crashing into the ground upside down.

'I'm fine-' I say as she runs towards me, the fur from the duster floating in all directions. Unlike my expectations that she would be babysitting me, she runs right past me toward the wheelchair, its wheel still turning pathetically on the ground.

'Oh no...' She whines as the wheel just falls off, her holding it as if it's a precious sad treasure.

'I'm going to have to pay for this too...' she says defeatedly, finally looking back at me with a sad puppy face before placing the wheel on top of the broken wheelchair. I see the security guards run over to take the wheelchair, glancing at me still on the ground with an orange cone stuck to my feet.

'Come on, let's go.' She says sadly, removing the orange traffic cone from my leg. 'Are you okay?' She finally asks me, placing the cone next to me and helping me up.

'Wow, so you care more about the wheelchair than me?' I say, standing back onto my feet and taking the duster to get rid of stuff that got on me when I fell.